Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,084 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress (36035 Views)

Canada’s Global Talent: Get A Work Permit In As Little As 2 Weeks! / Show The Tangible Progress, Not Your Butts, Reno Omokri Reacts At #10yearschall / 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by AlonarG(m): 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
F the dirtyJewish zionist these vermins are the root of all the problems of the world,they support IPOB and cownu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by PotatoSalad(m): 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2023
Qahira:
It's now that you know you'll fix your site. If they didn't take it down I'm sure you won't do anything. I remember when I told you months ago on Twitter to fix your forum what did I get as a response? Blocking. angry

Nairaland used to be very interesting but you turned it into a haven for bigots. I'm glad you've woken up to your senses.
He doesn't care cos there's no competition.
We need reddit level moderation on this forum, and why doesn't a big forum like this have a working mobile app?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Ayinde2000: 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2023
Thank God ohh!!
I was beginning to get really worried!!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by visaclick: 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2023
Bliss52:

Me and the Sensible Nairalanders
meaning u and 7 others
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Sheggy13(m): 12:04pm On Dec 21, 2023
israelmao:
I did my own bit by reporting many abuses such as tribal and religious bigotry but all fell on deaf ear.I think some lessons have been learnt in hard way.

If you did report any kind of tribal abuse, whether it's only those directed at your tribe or any other tribe, then fair play to you. What I have found out is that most Nigerians are hypocrites. They've been celebrating on twitter over Nairaland inacess for the past few days, because to them their tribes or favorite politicians are abused here. Hardcore tribalists for that matter. They don't care about their own tribesmen insulting other tribes. They even laugh over it.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
Stephench:

Do hosts know what people are typing on a website they're hosting? That obviously wasn't the type of abuse.

Only the government can issue directives on hate speech and not web hosts or server providers

Mostly, no. But if it is brought to their attention, they will review and act on it.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by delpee(f): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
LAXconfidential:
Guys, let this be a warning for all of us to stop all the tribal and antisemitic comments if we truly love Nairaland ❤

I pray that the tribalists and religious warriors will learn to be more civil in their comments. We can express our opinions without being rude and condescending to one another.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by remezy: 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
Noted
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Verbtips(m): 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2023
After being outdated for 3 day with no news
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Sheggy13(m): 12:07pm On Dec 21, 2023
omoadeleye:
Sorry ern, we know the particular people reporting your website they were even celebrating the downtime of the website too. But God pass them

Exactly, they were all over twitter celebrating the downtime and wishing it never comes back again. Once you disagree with their choice of political candidate, they go about trying to ruin you, tracking your personal details and reporting you to your bosses at work, trying to make you lose your source of livelihood. Even going as far as reaching out to immigration authorities if you are abroad. Evil people.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by TheMostComplex1: 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2023
Good that it's back
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by berbs: 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
ArmaniUhuru:
See jobless people commenting anyhow. Which one “I was half dead before?” “I have been down” “My life has been boring”

Una better go find work o.

Una don start again, abi? This is one of the reasons why some were wishing Nairaland should not come back. We don't want negative comments here again.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by seunthomas: 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Several hundred million dollars
Its not that much this days man. You can spend 10k usd or less and have your own hosting solution or cloud service.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by IGBOSON1: 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
Iambro:
build your own server

.......Or GO TO COURT! lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by wonyi: 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2023
otomatic:
Please, this should not happen again.

Forum members should learn civility and avoid ethnic profiling and "cuss" words.
Mods should be up and doing ensuring the Forum is sanitized.
Bots or algorithms should be deployed to take down offensive posts ASAP.
Management should run business continuity tests periodically and have contingency plans in place

I know how many times I have refreshed this site in the last 3 days.

Thank God it's back now.

I also refreshed at night but couldn't have access. I enjoy reading post and getting updated here. Thank God it's back
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by cosmos1440: 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2023
Those responsible for this are those empty chest beaters

I did not mention the name of any group o
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Sheggy13(m): 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
Hackportal:
You have been using this Forum as center of tribalism, you have been using this Forum to attack Igbos since 2015. You have to sit up Bro and preach against tribalism and bigotry in this Forum or else you gonna learn in the hard way again.

Get out with your one-sided narrative. You're blinded to see the attacks Igbos have been giving to others here. It's only when Igbos are attacked that it's wrong. We know it's your likes that reported and tried to bring the site down.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
seunthomas:

Its not that much this days man. You can spend 10k usd or less and have your own hosting solution or cloud service.

10k USD? what does that give you? A full server in say Amazon data centre? And what happens if Amazon withdraws if abuse and hate on NL is reported to them?

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Father4all: 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
TheGift:

Who told you it was hackers?

You clearly did not read the post.
I did bro. Seun it not actually specify. He Was just Talking with style
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Judolisco(m): 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
We dey ground no shaking.... Nairaland no small..... Carry on oga seun...
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by IGBOSON1: 12:14pm On Dec 21, 2023
AlonarG:
F the dirtyJewish zionist these vermins are the root of all the problems of the world,they support IPOB and cownu.

Seems you've not learnt your lesson! It's hateful bigots like you that got this forum banned in the first place!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by visaclick: 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2023
Beverlyjean:
The moniker "Trustnone" cloned my account and started begging people for money and destroying my image while a mod banned me at that same period...I couldn't defend myself or report the guy... this shows everyone how vulnerable this site is ... how can a person carbon copy a users name here... never have I heard of this sort of thing.... knowing we don't have name verification here ... and again tribalism thrives here , even foreigners are amazed at the level of hate and tribalism on this site .... seun pls take note
u do explain tire
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by seunthomas: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

10k USD? what does that give you? A full server in say Amazon data centre? And what happens if Amazon withdraws if abuse and hate on NL is reported to them?
You just they run your mouth. With 10k usd and a good internet provider, you can host any big ecommerce website talkless of nairaland. It would be rough on the go but you grow with your infrastructure. And he is already using a cdn so he wont have too many issues. I have done work for client who are hosting video streaming service with their own home internet in switzerland.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by kindlyheart: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders and Advertisers.

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Seun make me a mod and I will help you to sanitize this forum.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by adebayo201: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2023
Verbtips:
After being outdated for 3 day
with no news

Make una dey calm down. He's been sending updates on X (twitter) since the incident happened.

Moreover, how would he has been able to reach out to millions of users on using the sire? Text message? Bankruptcy!!!

I hope the site is back permanently and he finds way out of these bigotry, nepotism, egoism and the likes.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by bluefilm: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2023
NoToPile:
All duly noted

Hopefully when all is totally well, you will put measures in place to ensure this doesn't happen again .

Story for the gods
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Juoflife1(f): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2023
Good to be back partially
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Fuckingmallam45(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2023
PotatoSalad:

He doesn't care cos there's no competition.
We need reddit level moderation on this forum, and why doesn't a big forum like this have a working mobile app?
Competition this, competition that, you can also build your own site, if it's easy. Igbos and Yorubas are the people that want to ruin this young man. If this is how Americans think about competition, Facebook wouldn't have grown up to this extent. Let's appreciate our own, irrespective of the tribe, belief of the founder. After all, we are all Nigerians before any other thing.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by ekukeku(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2023
W pray for total back & beta
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by SirLakes: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

They aren't many. And moving a Nairaland to any of such would result in a heavy loss of business. Sites hosted on those types of places have very terrible online reputation and mist often don't show up on Google searches. Reputed Nigerian businesses would stay away and not advertise on NL if they move to one of those obscure places that encourage hate and abuse

You dey say wetin you no know sir
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Yinkwamo(m): 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2023
So glad it is back.

Aint no place like Home (Nairaland)
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by seunthomas: 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

If he does a co-location, does that solve the problem? The co-lo can still take down the site.
Co-location cant take down your site, they can ask you to move your server if you are doing something illegal. You can co-location in places that dont have too much restrictions. Internet web-hosting is for small sites.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Year 2015 Hilarious And Memorious Events In Photos / Green Snake In My House Pls Help!! / Pregnant Petrol Black Marketer Burnt To Death In Delta Accident With SUV (Graphi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.