Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress (36020 Views)

Canada’s Global Talent: Get A Work Permit In As Little As 2 Weeks! / Show The Tangible Progress, Not Your Butts, Reno Omokri Reacts At #10yearschall / 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Ituobaroanthony: 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2023
ArmaniUhuru:
See jobless people commenting anyhow. Which one “I was half dead before?” “I have been down” “My life has been boring”

Una better go find work o.
you wey get work, how much you done make since this year? Carry talk chairman
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by credon: 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders and Advertisers.

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Who is this host, we must gather and deal with them. Whether its twitter or any website
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by kindlyheart: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2023
Lincton:
The users that are abusive has to be penalized

Permanent ban
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Error401: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2023
What is the offensive post?
We need to know at least

Seun:

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by israelmao(m): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2023
Sheggy13:

If you did report any kind of tribal abuse, whether it's only those directed at your tribe or any other tribe, then fair play to you. What I have found out is that most Nigerians are hypocrites. They've been celebrating on twitter over Nairaland inacess for the past few days, because to them their tribes or favorite politicians are abused here. Hardcore tribalists for that matter. They don't care about their own tribesmen insulting other tribes. They even laugh over it.

Nairaland is a home brand it's the joy and pride of many if not all to see it grow but I have watched tribal and religious attacks went unchecked,censored and sanctioned for years.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by iLegendd(m): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2023
AncientAlien:

I have been trying the website almost hour upon an hour since the outrage. Lucky for me it goes through like magic this time around. good to hear. cheesy cheesy one malt for everyone here
Original malt only.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by foleskay(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2023
Na that coronavirus pro mumu wey dey always post fckkk israel caused this gbege. I saw it coming

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2023
seunthomas:

You just they run your mouth. With 10k usd and a good internet provider, you can host any big ecommerce website talkless of nairaland. It would be rough on the go but you grow with your infrastructure. And he is already using a cdn so he wont have too many issues. I have done work for client who are hosting video streaming service with their own home internet in switzerland.

Lol! He say I dey run mouth. So he's going to buy a server and put it in his home? And provide global access to it using a home ISP? Let's not condescend to insults by saying "you dey run mouth". That insult is what got the website taken down in the first place. Address the issues and questions I raised.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by BRATISLAVA: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2023
Abuse... LGBT or misogyny? Because the latter is all the forum is good and notable for. Nigerian 4chn.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Beuberry(f): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2023
Miravik900:

Babe I’m in love with your cute face and intellect it drives me crazy 🥰🥰
💕
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by koyeni(m): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Very good.
Pls work on the recommendations NLs made on twitter
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Cmanforall: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Boss
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2023
seunthomas:

Co-location cant take down your site, they can ask you to move your server if you are doing something illegal. You can co-location in places that dont have too much restrictions. Internet web-hosting is for small sites.

Co-location in those kinds of places often ends up in bad reputation as they are most likely going to be associated with extremist and possibly illegal stuff.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2023
SirLakes:

You dey say wetin you no know sir

Lol really? Oya provide rebuttals na. Rather than a bland "you dey say wetin you no know"
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by CrossRhodes: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2023
ArmaniUhuru:
See jobless people commenting anyhow. Which one “I was half dead before?” “I have been down” “My life has been boring”

Una better go find work o.
Buhari was right after all about Nigerian youths.....
Imagine someone life stagnated because nairaland was down..wahala oo
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Osombo: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2023
Great👍♥️ missed nairaland sha😊
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by TolaniLuv: 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
Seun, I have some advice for you. I know you can read this, and I want you to know that I care about you, bro. If you check my profile, you'll see that I've been a member since around 2008. I urge you to consider selling Nairaland to an active person or a young individual who can become a shareholder. If you don't take this step, Nairaland, which is a source of pride for Africa, might face failure.

You are too slow.

You are too dull.

You are too stagnant.

The world has moved forward, and now there are millions of people like you.

Meanwhile, nobody knows what you look like in person, and you don't grant any interviews or interact with your peers. Are you even real?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Jnrprince1(m): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
[quote author=AncientAlien post=127552559]
I have been trying the website almost hour upon an hour since the outrage. Lucky for me it goes through like magic this time around. good to hear. cheesy cheesy one malt for everyone here
Still wetin for my malt oo

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by delpee(f): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Well done but you need to work harder on moderation. People need to be more civil and decent in their interactions with others. Tribalists and those who are intolerant of other's religions need to be dealt with. Freedom of expression is no reason why one should bully, intimidate or infuriate others.

Let Nairaland go back to the years of intelligent discourse which is what attracted most of us to the site back then. May God guide and help you to full restoration and higher glory.

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by HOLAROCKDAY(m): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
Beuberry:
Seun my darling, my handsome bulgy eyes billionaire, oya chop 💋 kiss.
I v a request, free all those in nairaland prison and let people pray for you. I mean unban all that were banned.
I ll mobilize them to hold special prayers for you & nairaland in the shrine make any body nor dey hold ya blokkos.

Don't thank him. He's a learner. He should host this site on a private server. Imagine how cloudflare is dragging his blokkos on top an abuse he overlooked? https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nairalands-server-taken-down-because-i-overlooked-an-abuse-report-says-founder/%3famp
Does cloudflare know how many mad people we are caring for on this site?
Putin or Kim Jung Un can't manage nairaland
It's extremely crazy here!

I no wan laff ooooo grin
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by seunthomas: 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Lol! He say I dey run mouth. So he's going to buy a server and put it in his home? And provide global access to it using a home ISP? Let's not condescend to insults by saying "you dey run mouth". That insult is what got the website taken down in the first place. Address the issues and questions I raised.
Mr airsaylongcome, in 2023 In nigeria, you can get 100mb dedicated internet for 100k a month, 100mb dedicated internet is enough to host nairaland since he is using a cdn. If he has the resources, he can get more. He can sell the resources he is not using to others. That is how amazon and co started.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by TheSPEAKER(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
So great to be back!
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Benblaq(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
God speed.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by rolams(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
Life without Nairaland is very bad!

Wait oooo! I'm stylishly addicted to Nairaland oOoOO!
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
seunthomas:

Mr airsaylongcome, in 2023 In nigeria, you can get 100mb dedicated internet for 100k a month, 100mb dedicated internet is enough to host nairaland since he is using a cdn. If he has the resources, he can get more. He can sell the resources he is not using to others. That is how amazon and co started.

Where in Nigeria will you get 100mbps dedicated for ₦100k? I'm on 10mbps dedicated with static IP on FibreOne. And I pay ₦170k. Tell me which ISP in Nigeria provides 100mbps for ₦100k monthly and I will have them install at my place this night. No long story...I just need the ISP name. FibreOne sef have been acting up lately so I'd be more than happy to switch provider to one that is 10x faster for 41% reduced price...that's ₦840k savings annually. Let's forget about whether NL can be hosted in Seun's house or not. I need to know the ISP that does 100mbps for ₦100k. I've been over paying for two years now

Edit: Same 100mbps dedicated from FibreOne is going for ₦800k. So I'm really interested in the ₦100k/month for 100mbps

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by AncientAlien(m): 12:36pm On Dec 21, 2023
[quote author=Jnrprince1 post=127554670][/quote]
E go reach everybody Comrade. Just wait and chill cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by dgee1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 21, 2023
I was surprised by how the downtime gave them joy.
Sheggy13:

Exactly, they were all over twitter celebrating the downtime and wishing it never comes back again. Once you disagree with their choice of political candidate, they go about trying to ruin you, tracking your personal details and reporting you to your bosses at work, trying to make you lose your source of livelihood. Even going as far as reaching out to immigration authorities if you are abroad. Evil people.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by foleskay(m): 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2023
dharmie:
I missed nairaland!!!

Welcome back.

Dami funmi ni number e
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by AncientAlien(m): 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
JapaNinja:
My guy, na only malt you fit give ni?

guy man no dey go hard ni Bami. I for add chilling Heineken grin
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by SirLakes: 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Lol really? Oya provide rebuttals na. Rather than a bland "you dey say wetin you no know"

I no get the strength sir grin

Who told you those site don't show up on Google search grin

Where is it documented that they don't get crawled
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by AncientAlien(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
Consula:
I hope it will be the Original Malt??

who knows original drink again for this Nigeria! Especially this December. Everything seal, nah drinkable grin
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by AncientAlien(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
DiamondPant:

TAB bank.
This yah bank get as e be o cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Leaks Fuel At Oshodi - Pics / Year 2015 Hilarious And Memorious Events In Photos / Green Snake In My House Pls Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.