Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress (36050 Views)

Canada’s Global Talent: Get A Work Permit In As Little As 2 Weeks! / Show The Tangible Progress, Not Your Butts, Reno Omokri Reacts At #10yearschall / 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by VEHINTOLAR: 11:13am On Dec 21, 2023
You're not alone,Seun and thanks for the feedback.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by sulaimon22: 11:13am On Dec 21, 2023
@Seun I hope you listen to what people are telling you on Twitter. A lot of abuse is going on here and you really need to do something about it or else the end is near for your platform.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Felabrity: 11:13am On Dec 21, 2023
What do you mean by partially?

Seun talk to me
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Beverages: 11:13am On Dec 21, 2023
There is no big deal there. Even twitter was down for few hours today. Quick recovery n long live NL

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by israelmao(m): 11:13am On Dec 21, 2023
I did my own bit by reporting many abuses such as tribal and religious bigotry but all fell on deaf ear.I think some lessons have been learnt in hard way.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Smokeybrain(m): 11:13am On Dec 21, 2023
We die here...Nairaland gave me hints to my Job interview. So much to learn from here.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by mmadu5(m): 11:13am On Dec 21, 2023
build your own server sir . it will save you alot of stress . a site like NL shouldn't be depending on host servers etc to function.. take this forum seriously or it might go down the drain.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Danielomisco(m): 11:13am On Dec 21, 2023
Great nairaland,i got my job and started my career here!
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by WantsandMore: 11:13am On Dec 21, 2023
Sebastine1994:
Seun is a hitchhiker on another man's hosting platform, with just a turn of a switch they can ruin seun. For 3 full days Nairaland has been misbehaving. Cloud fare accuses seun of condoning tribalism on the platform
where did you see the cloud flare report?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Toks2008(m): 11:14am On Dec 21, 2023
Nice one.

Seun can you please elaborate on the abuse post that caused the site to go off perhaps people will have a better understanding and prevent such from recurring.

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by MorataFC: 11:14am On Dec 21, 2023
tivta:
Hope you have learnt your lesson
grin
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by TINO26: 11:14am On Dec 21, 2023
Please resolve all the issues in contest, not having nairaland for up to 72hrs isn't funny on me at all.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by TheGift: 11:14am On Dec 21, 2023
I can only imagine how useless and depressed some people may have felt. Considering they eat, live and breathe Nairaland.

#GetALife

10 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Saidfx(m): 11:14am On Dec 21, 2023
Tribal wahala people here, make una slow down..

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by AfahaAbia(m): 11:15am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders and Advertisers.

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Well noted sire! But try to solve the issue of tribalism on this platform

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by gozie186(m): 11:15am On Dec 21, 2023
Welcome back but you need to put your house in order ASP

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by dalongjnr: 11:15am On Dec 21, 2023
Hmm. .... Safety and security is key.
should do more to avoid future occurrences.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Ayobeck(m): 11:15am On Dec 21, 2023
Hope no problem dollarland
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:15am On Dec 21, 2023
AncientAlien:

I have been trying the website almost hour upon an hour since the outrage. Lucky for me it goes through like magic this time around. good to hear. cheesy cheesy one malt for everyone here

So you are one of those who sleep on nairaland from morning till night.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Horlaz(m): 11:15am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Welcome back Nairaland, for the past 2 - 3days I have been reading from Linda but not really enjoying it like nairaland may be because of its simplicity or comment sah.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by mikmash(m): 11:15am On Dec 21, 2023
I learnt a lot on this platform. Na my Google be this in most cases.

9 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Oloki: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2023
atobs4real:
Wow!!!! Was half dead since

Honestly... Something dey this nairaland wey dey hold everybody down.

I have to follow seun on X to know the update

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by JONSYN7154: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2023
The insult on nairaland should be look into. Nairaland wasn't like this before where we have constructive arguments without insult. But now reverse is the case.

The MODs should sit up and do their work.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Kingrshd3: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

You are a successful blogger have ever seen ...

Thanks for d update

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by omoadeleye(m): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2023
Sorry ern, we know the particular people reporting your website they were even celebrating the downtime of the website too. But God pass them

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Epistasis(m): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2023
Good to be back!

I have missed Nairaland. I am so happy that the site is back, we just want you to upgrade this platform so that things like this will never happen again.

You are doing great, keep pushing!!!

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by rajiedreez: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2023
Long time no see
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by nairalanda1(m): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2023
Father4all:
Hackers don put pepper for this guy eyes grin

Nothing like hack, more like he did not address abuse on time, so the server host suspended the site.

9 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by iamdapsyj(m): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2023
[/quote][quote author=kings59 post=127552791]Please, no more Bigots

Everybody should do things the right way.

We all can do this.

Like the post if you missed Nairaland when it was down for days.

Lol, bigotry is in some people's DNA, they will never change!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by adewalay: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2023
Your resilience in swiftly transferring your website to another server amidst the temporary setback caused by the hosting company's actions is truly commendable. It's a testament to your commitment and determination to keep your online presence intact despite the challenges.

Stay encouraged, and I'm confident that with your proactive approach, your website will soon be back up and running smoothly. Your dedication to maintaining your site's functionality during this period is admirable and speaks volumes about your professionalism.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and the swift return of your website to its full functionality.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Green Snake In My House Pls Help!! / Pregnant Petrol Black Marketer Burnt To Death In Delta Accident With SUV (Graphi / Rainbow Seen In Lagos Today! (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.