Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress (36176 Views)

Canada’s Global Talent: Get A Work Permit In As Little As 2 Weeks! / Show The Tangible Progress, Not Your Butts, Reno Omokri Reacts At #10yearschall / 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by mmadu5(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Build Nairaland own server? How? The cost of that is going to be prohibitive. Power, cooling, security, safety (fire,flood and what have you).

see this one oooo .. do you know how much the founder of nairaland is worth? just dey play

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by AfahaAbia(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2023
Kingrshd3:

About 2000 people are commenting on tribalism issue so what do u want him to do to that??

How many people him won sanction

They should be immediately banned. Or such post should be immediately hidden

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Tayomi37(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2023
I've expecting this all this while. This is a lesson to Nairaland, let mod be neutral and also handle every political and religious matter on this forum with open heart without being partial. Thank God Nairaland is back

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Hackportal(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2023
You have been using this Forum as center of tribalism, you have been using this Forum to attack Igbos since 2015. You have to sit up Bro and preach against tribalism and bigotry in this Forum or else you gonna learn in the hard way again.

Seun:
Dear Nairalanders and Advertisers.

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

You will back fully, in Jesus name Amen

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by iamtardey: 11:22am On Dec 21, 2023
This downtime isn’t good or helping okay but… Omo iyami I dey with you.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Dimehook: 11:22am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Seun, switch to an offshore hosting
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by TransZite: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2023
Thank God...
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Atlantis585: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2023
I hope you truly learned a lesson here.

The abuses, insults and tribalism on Nairaland that you have allowed to go on for far too long in the name of generating traffic will one day be the end of this Forum if you continue to be indifferent to these issues.

A stitch in time, as they say, save nine!

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Kenochi(m): 11:23am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun,Seun,Seun, How many times did I call you. You fall our hand seun,it is well
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2023
adewalay:
Your resilience in swiftly transferring your website to another server amidst the temporary setback caused by the hosting company's actions is truly commendable. It's a testament to your commitment and determination to keep your online presence intact despite the challenges.

Stay encouraged, and I'm confident that with your proactive approach, your website will soon be back up and running smoothly. Your dedication to maintaining your site's functionality during this period is admirable and speaks volumes about your professionalism.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and the swift return of your website to its full functionality.

Shouldn't that resilience also be transferred to dealing with the issue that caused the problem in the first place? Nairaland in the last 10 years has deteriorated from a place of interesting discourse to a cesspit of tribalistic drivel. That's where the resilience should be focused on, cleansing the forum of that tribalistic cancer

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by seunmsg(m): 11:23am On Dec 21, 2023
To God be the glory.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by dgee1(m): 11:23am On Dec 21, 2023
Maybe your Twitter posts on the IDF and the Israel-Hamas war was responsible for the "abuse." The people you're criticizing controls a lot of things in the world and the "abuse" might just be an excuse to mess up your business. They won't tell you why the abuse team has suddenly gone on holiday.
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by ChronicGp(m): 11:24am On Dec 21, 2023
Lesson learnt
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by samsegs(m): 11:24am On Dec 21, 2023
But chill o,,,why can't a whole nairaland have its own host,,,as big as NL is

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Goodnewsforlife: 11:24am On Dec 21, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Seun sack some of your tribalistic mods they’re the real reason this site has become trashy

They ban accounts of anyone who doesn’t support APC

That’s why people keep reporting your site and trust me many people has now known a site can be reposted and brought down so get ready for series of attacks if you don’t caution your mods

They’ve created WhatsApp groups to be reporting Nairaland I know what I’m saying

Same WhatsApp groups Tacha fans and Wizkid fans created for Tunde Ednut that made him lose 3 verified pages with two months

u igbos are d problem

Even when he did everything to satisfy u, he brought chinedu here live during election, he created a thread to support obi mumus, he made it clear here that he instructed his mods to ban all apc accounts

He even said it here that the accounts should b banned n that’s how my main account was banned till 2026

Imagine n still u igbos ain’t satisfied

11 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by 12345baba(m): 11:24am On Dec 21, 2023
Dear Big head seun, nairaland is huge enough to have it's own host. Look into it. Nairaland no be arsenal o

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by seunsmith1930(m): 11:24am On Dec 21, 2023
opera1:
Thank God, Everything seems bored and lonely without Nairaland.
we are glad to have it back.

Ómó nah this forum dey always give me joy ooo
😆 🤣 😂 I swear!!
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by sukkot: 11:24am On Dec 21, 2023
Withdrawal symptoms cry
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by JimiJunji: 11:25am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Hi sir, nice to hear that nairaland is partially back. But can you explain to us what the abuse was?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by seanwilliam(m): 11:25am On Dec 21, 2023
I swear as Nairaland shut down , e kon be like say something is missing in my life. I kept trying every hour. If you see how happy I am as e go through now ehn .

Nairaland and Twitter , I can’t do without em Walai

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Kingrshd3: 11:25am On Dec 21, 2023
AfahaAbia:

They should be immediately banned. Or such post should be immediately hidden

Hidden will be fine because if it was banned meaning they will be loosing visitors or members daily

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Adeolaeniola(m): 11:25am On Dec 21, 2023
Thank God
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Maddestdp(m): 11:26am On Dec 21, 2023
Yeah. Welcome back
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Akaujaa(m): 11:26am On Dec 21, 2023
The owner of nairaland must work to stop the bigotry that go on there. It seems like a platform that promotes and thrives on ethnic sentiment, division and hatred among our ethnic divides.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 11:26am On Dec 21, 2023
mmadu5:

see this one oooo .. do you know how much the founder of nairaland is worth? just dey play

People always run around saying this..."Nairaland is worth xyz". You have no idea what it costs to BUILD your own data centre. Let's not even talk about operating costs. Even reddit does not own it's data centre na come Nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Mrluv(m): 11:26am On Dec 21, 2023
The truth be say na that insult dey make nairaland sweet everybody just dey run from the truth. igbo and yoruba should be hold responsible they are the problem of nigeria and they are the problem of nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by dNortherner(m): 11:26am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun! Seun!! Seun!!!
How many times did I called you? Please don't allow this to repeat itself, you nearly give me an heart attack, my BP has risen simply 'cause of love I have for your Forum, I've been here over 10 bad years now. I wish you best of luck. Oya ask for my account details, make man pikin go check himself jare.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by do4luv14(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2023
Crucialgem:
Osewa plsssss be your own host, if nairaland is not bouyant enough call people to invest this forum is big, bigger than maybe what you yourself visioned it to be. It embarrassing that your host is taking you down because of an abuse report even after you took it down
This means you can be taking down at any point in time l, this is not good with business

Thank you for this, this things need for being a goodnight be bigger than what you think,

I don't knew how the jostling Law works, but leave to me, I would give the hosting company right to remove any Abuse on my side, as such contradict the terms and conditions, governing the host

that being said, I might Sue the Abuse Team, for failing to do the needful, after taking down the Abusive Post,

what's the Abusive post by the way @Seun Osawa

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Niok: 11:27am On Dec 21, 2023
Okay pathetic bigot
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 11:27am On Dec 21, 2023
Kingrshd3:

About 2000 people are commenting on tribalism issue so what do u want him to do to that??

How many people him won sanction

Automated bans. That's how proper forums handle it

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Photo: World Fattest Woman With Husband. / Traffic As Coca Cola Truck Scatters Crates And Bottles On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.