Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,361 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress (35995 Views)

Canada’s Global Talent: Get A Work Permit In As Little As 2 Weeks! / Show The Tangible Progress, Not Your Butts, Reno Omokri Reacts At #10yearschall / 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Shimran(m): 11:38am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders and Advertisers.

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Nairaland becomes part of my life. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by buhariguy(m): 11:38am On Dec 21, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Seun sack some of your tribalistic mods they’re the real reason this site has become trashy

They ban accounts of anyone who doesn’t support APC

That’s why people keep reporting your site and trust me many people has now known a site can be reposted and brought down so get ready for series of attacks if you don’t caution your mods

They’ve created WhatsApp groups to be reporting Nairaland I know what I’m saying

Same WhatsApp groups Tacha fans and Wizkid fans created for Tunde Ednut that made him lose 3 verified pages with two months

And Seun trust me 60% of people on Nairaland want this site gone forever

idiotic pigs are trying hard to bring Nigeria and nairaland down,
they will not succeed

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by emmaodet: 11:39am On Dec 21, 2023
Beuberry:
Seun my darling, my handsome bulgy eyes billionaire, oya chop 💋 kiss.
I v a request, free all those in nairaland prison and let people pray for you. I mean unban all that were banned.
I ll mobilize them to hold special prayers for you & nairaland in the shrine make any body nor dey hold ya blokkos.

Don't thank him. He's a learner. He should host this site on a private server. Imagine how cloudflare is dragging his blokkos on top and abuse he overlooked? https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nairalands-server-taken-down-because-i-overlooked-an-abuse-report-says-founder/%3famp
Does cloudflare know how many mad people we are caring for on this site?
Putin or Kim Jung Un can't manage nairaland
It's extremely crazy here!

grin grin
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Thinktwicemybro: 11:39am On Dec 21, 2023
Oga seun change the "share" to "unlike"

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by richie240: 11:39am On Dec 21, 2023
Including you.
What stops your 'types' from jejely leaving this forum and go to another one that catches your fancy??

Instead of leaving in 'piss' u had rather destroy it bcus of ur PhD (pull him down) syndrome.

Why don't u leave this forum (and by extension - nigeria) for ur eldorado and let's see whether you'll be missed!
cool

AqualinaXYZ:
Seun sack some of your tribalistic mods they’re the real reason this site has become trashy

They ban accounts of anyone who doesn’t support APC

That’s why people keep reporting your site and trust me many people has now known a site can be reposted and brought down so get ready for series of attacks if you don’t caution your mods

They’ve created WhatsApp groups to be reporting Nairaland I know what I’m saying

Same WhatsApp groups Tacha fans and Wizkid fans created for Tunde Ednut that made him lose 3 verified pages with two months

And Séun trust me 60% of people on Nairaland want this site gone forever

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by doneback04: 11:40am On Dec 21, 2023
You guys made me fall sick for 3days
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Prompto: 11:40am On Dec 21, 2023
If you n your mod want to stop insult on Nairaland any insult or ethnic abuse should warrant auto disable of such account, tht way everyone will be cautious of what he or she says instead of the partial your mods show to fools like princeoflagos etc

Seun:

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by gloryman91: 11:40am On Dec 21, 2023
Welcome back.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Beverlyjean(f): 11:40am On Dec 21, 2023
The moniker "Trustnone" cloned my account and started begging people for money and destroying my image while a mod banned me at that same period...I couldn't defend myself or report the guy... this shows everyone how vulnerable this site is ... how can a person carbon copy a users name here... never have I heard of this sort of thing.... knowing we don't have name verification here ... and again tribalism thrives here , even foreigners are amazed at the level of hate and tribalism on this site .... seun pls take note

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by DCmaverick(m): 11:41am On Dec 21, 2023
i been think say na my network connection sef grin
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Miravik900(m): 11:41am On Dec 21, 2023
Beuberry:
Seun my darling, my handsome bulgy eyes billionaire, oya chop 💋 kiss.
I v a request, free all those in nairaland prison and let people pray for you. I mean unban all that were banned.
I ll mobilize them to hold special prayers for you & nairaland in the shrine make any body nor dey hold ya blokkos.

Don't thank him. He's a learner. He should host this site on a private server. Imagine how cloudflare is dragging his blokkos on top and abuse he overlooked? https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nairalands-server-taken-down-because-i-overlooked-an-abuse-report-says-founder/%3famp
Does cloudflare know how many mad people we are caring for on this site?
Putin or Kim Jung Un can't manage nairaland
It's extremely crazy here!

Babe I’m in love with your cute face and intellect it drives me crazy 🥰🥰
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by izzyboi(m): 11:41am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Welldone, I followed your progress updates on twitter

My suggestions
1. Measures be put in place to avoid this. Nairaland is big!
2. Adopt a proper team and or CEO. Let it be run as a proper company
3. Employ more mods and deal with tribalism more effectively
4. Ui update plus launch of nairaland app on playstore/apple store

All the best!
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by ShayGirl(f): 11:42am On Dec 21, 2023
Wow! I’ve seriously been bored without nairaland. Now I know how valuable sth u love means when it ceases for a while not to talk of permanently.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Lantosed: 11:42am On Dec 21, 2023
maureensylvia:
Greetings Seun
Creating your own host could be a really smart long-term solution, especially if it means you have more control and security over the server and Nairaland.

It's a big undertaking, but it could definitely be worth it in the end.

Absolutely!!!!
This should be seriously considered if it were to be me in fact it's long overdue. A site as big Nairaland should consider having its own host to forestall any Badbelle attack such as this, this is a free service for crying out loud enjoyed by everybody both in Nigeria and abroad, it's our identity. If Facebook and YouTube could have there own host, nothing stops Seun osewa from thesame.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Otolomo1(m): 11:42am On Dec 21, 2023
Nairaland is as Facebook that shutdown for day and people are panic .... Omo am Soo addicted to this forum grin cool
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by OgaRico(m): 11:42am On Dec 21, 2023
Team Nairaland is trash, talk true o, you no miss the site as e go down for few days?

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 11:42am On Dec 21, 2023
SirLakes:
Seun move your site to host that doesn't give a fuvcck about any abuse usage.

Since they know your site can be taken down by reporting to some whatever host, expect more take down grin grin

They aren't many. And moving a Nairaland to any of such would result in a heavy loss of business. Sites hosted on those types of places have very terrible online reputation and mist often don't show up on Google searches. Reputed Nigerian businesses would stay away and not advertise on NL if they move to one of those obscure places that encourage hate and abuse

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Fr33born(m): 11:42am On Dec 21, 2023
Nairaland, the number one platform used to promote hate and tribalism among Nigerian youth and tribes.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Miravik900(m): 11:42am On Dec 21, 2023
Nairaland users are not even up 10 000 of the Nigerian population so no one noticed so bad
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Mosba: 11:43am On Dec 21, 2023
Why na Nairaland? What's going on? feels like torturing person o
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Sirtee19: 11:43am On Dec 21, 2023
Noted and welcome back. May God strengthen you. Olúwa á máa fún ẹ se o.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by bonnez(m): 11:43am On Dec 21, 2023
Sorry man, I didn’t know I was addicted to Nairaland till now. I kept visiting and visiting the site plenty times in a day and felt lost out as this is the place you get current information about general affairs at a go.

Welcome back.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by PrettySmart(m): 11:45am On Dec 21, 2023
I miss Nairaland cry
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:45am On Dec 21, 2023
ZKOSOSO:
Big Boss u really tried.

Pls change your mods in politics and religion sections.

Na dia wahala and yawa dey gazz off every time.

Especially Politics session
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 11:45am On Dec 21, 2023
seunthomas:
Seun! Seun! Seun! How many times have did I call you.. Its time to move nairaland of commercial hosting (either partially or fully). You can buy your own server and co-locate or even host your own self. Its not easy or cheap but would pay in the long run. See as oyinbo hosting just disgrace nairaland. For a business like yours they should not be taking too long to answer your requests (except you are not an important customer). Nigeria loves nairaland so this should be the last time this kind of thing is happening....

If he does a co-location, does that solve the problem? The co-lo can still take down the site.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by idrisaleo1: 11:45am On Dec 21, 2023
Nairaland is indeed too important for this to be happening. We hope you find a lasting solution.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by VEHINTOLAR: 11:46am On Dec 21, 2023
Hackportal:
You have been using this Forum as center of tribalism, you have been using this Forum to attack Igbos since 2015. You have to sit up Bro and preach against tribalism and bigotry in this Forum or else you gonna learn in the hard way again.

How has he been using NL to attack Igbos since 2015 ? Oh,is that why you igbos have openly been celebrating his temporary setback on all social media platforms ? "You gonna learn in the hard way again",lol,we already know you guys are quite happy about the unfortunate development ! God big pass una,you no reach !

If you igbos don't want to be verbally attacked by others,you too should stop attacking other people too ! It's funny how you guys expect Seun to hold other people's hands while you Igbos continue to launch all sorts of attacks against other people,especially Yoruba ! It won't work that way. If you igbos bring "gbas", we will return it with a very hot "gbos",Seun can't stop that !

You igbos should stop dishing out what you can't take, it's as simple as that !

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 11:46am On Dec 21, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

Now how much will it cost to be your own host

Am willing to contribute to it.

Several hundred million dollars
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by AlphaStyles(m): 11:46am On Dec 21, 2023
If you like allow tribalism and all forms of hate to dwell again in this platform.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Mosba: 11:47am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

well done Nairaland team but which one is abuse team apart from you-know-them who normally abuse and attack people at the slightest telling them the truth?
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by DiamondPant(f): 11:47am On Dec 21, 2023
AncientAlien:

I have been trying the website almost hour upon an hour since the outrage. Lucky for me it goes through like magic this time around. good to hear. cheesy cheesy one malt for everyone here
TAB bank.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The Snake My Colleague Killed At Work / Petrol Tanker Leaks Fuel At Oshodi - Pics / Year 2015 Hilarious And Memorious Events In Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.