Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) (22816 Views)

2 Reps Members: Goodhead, Awaji Lead Solidarity Walk For Fubara / "I Know Wike O" - Ayo Fayose Warned Governor Fubara In Throwback Video / Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by theamazonguru(m): 7:09pm On Dec 22, 2023
wirinet:

As sad as it is, that's Nigerian politics. Fubara was fighting for his political survival. He needed time to respond to a sudden attack by Wike. He demolished the state House of Assembly to buy time. To rebuild the House of Assembly complex will not be a big deal for a rich state like Rivers. Two or three months of the N4 billion unilaterally removed by Wike from the monthly N10 billion internally generated revenue would be enough to rebuild the complex.

Please note: I do not support the destruction of the Assembly complex by Fubara. In a sane country, that action alone is enough for impeachment and prosecution, but then in a sane country, a so called Godfather and the president cannot conspire to undermine the authority of a sitting governor

True.
My thoughts exactly.

Politics is too dirty abeg.
I can't deal.

I would rather love to have my peace and my small small Kobo Kobo in the corner of my ancient village, as against having all the political power, fame, connect, wealth but enmeshed with all this evil intrigues amd headache.
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by rolams(m): 7:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
Yeye people everywhere!
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Bluntemperor: 7:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Unions should not be picking sides. This is how they screw up themselves. Stick to Unionism and focus on the welfare of the people

NLC and TUC have lost relevance!
Thy are playing mind-reader-game, by galivanting here and there, living the substance of issues!
Are they really on Labour matters or they are just Politicking,to fuel the gaulibles Nigerians that they are still relevant?
Nonsensical People are everywhere

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by adioolayi(m): 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2023
That NGN 100,000 Christmas and New Year bonus Governor Fubara gave the workers in the state is doing wonders.

The workers can move mountains for him..

As e dey go so, you can literally say they can die for him grin cheesy grin wink

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Ahmeduana(m): 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bliss51:
Fubara is gradually getting loved
The fact is that River State is a PDP state, and the people will not open there eyes 👀 and allow APC to steal there state
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by loswhite(m): 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
athaboi:
People are just being unnecessarily deceived... Nigerians no just get sense! Fubara and wike is acting a script....the useless fubara is on his way to APC and people that are being deceived are there arguing and taking sides!!
Is that all you can deduced from all that has been happening? The above statement should be I no just get sense at all...SMH
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by jamesversion: 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2023
Abagworo:
Rivers people are 95% against Wike and Ijaws from all States are against. I'm happy he has renounced his Igboness hence this will be his personal problem with Ijaw who make up 11 LGAs in Rivers State and now the majority ethnic group in the State since Wike divided the Igbos into fragments thinking it will further his political growth. I love the Ijaws for not falling for that bate of Fubara having Imo State ancient ancestry and dividing themselves up according to fake migratory routes. They will achieve more successes together than fragmented.

You are just a confused entity. The other day you said Ikwerre was fhe single largest ethnic group. Today Ijaw is now the majority ethnic group with 11 LGAs. Talking from both sides of your mouth in less than one month.

Ikwerres have nothing with Igbos, go and rest.

Only someone who has never been to/visited the riverine areas of Rivers will take those 11 LGAs seriously.

Those 11 LGAs are absolute water. Nothing and nobody living inside them. When they count 10,000 persons, they make it 1 local government area. I'm from Rivers state, we know riverine people very well. Uninhabitable waterlogged swamp area is where they reside, people living on wooden houses on water.

If you want to see population, come to Ikwerre, Ogoni, Etche, even Oyigbo. Come there and see people living on land.

Who dey fear Ijaw, highest dem go blow pipeline, enter swamp go hide. That's the most they can do.
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Papparassi: 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2023
Six elders of Rivers State have dragged President Bola Tinubu to the Federal High Court in Abuja, for allegedly compelling Governor Siminilaya Fubara to enter into an unconstitutional agreement.

The plaintiffs, led by a member of the Rivers State House of Assembly representing Bonny State Constituency, Victor Jumbo, are Senator Bennett Birabi, Senator Andrew Uchendu, Rear Admiral O. P. Fingesi, Ann Kio Briggs and Emmanuel Deinma.

They maintained that the said agreement, which was signed on December 18, was not only illegal but amounted to an usurpation, nullification, and undermining of the extant/binding relevant provisions of the 1999 Constitution, as amended.

Consequently, they prayed the court to, among other things, determine whether President Tinubu, Governor Fubara, and the Rivers State Assembly have the rights and are entitled to enter into any agreement that has the effect of nullifying or undermining the constitutional/legal potency of the provisions of Section 109(I)(g) and (2) of the 1999 Constitution, as amended.

They contended that neither President Tinubu nor Governor Fubara has the statutory powers to stop the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, from conducting fresh elections to replace the 27 Rivers State lawmakers.

The said lawmakers defected from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the All Progressives Congress, APC.

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Augustenite(m): 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2023
Dubetex96:
This is a stray bullet to Hitler of obiakpor.

If he survive this one let him thank his God.

Hitler must know that Rivers is not Lagos

No Godfatherism in SS and SE politics.

Let it sink to Agabado miscreants even though their brain have been mesmerized with corns

We have a lot of fools roaming the social space of nairaland. And I think you are their leader.

What happens in Abia state for over 24 years?, what of Ebonyi, Enugu. You no just get sense.
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by truthfinder319: 7:40pm On Dec 22, 2023
Pained IPOB

Splashme:
That thief in Aso Rock will always take side with Wike
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by bitbillionaire: 7:40pm On Dec 22, 2023
That is the spirit.

Wow! I LOVE, LOVE and LOVE this River State people mehn.

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2023
athaboi:
People are just being unnecessarily deceived... Nigerians no just get sense! Fubara and wike is acting a script....the useless fubara is on his way to APC and people that are being deceived are there arguing and taking sides!!
Thank u my broda!

I tot I was d only one thinking so!
I Jez don't want to think dat there are more less sensible ppl in Rivers State sef!

If Fubara dare decampt o APC, PDP shld quickly declare his seat vacant!
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by rummmy: 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2023
Rivers no be Lagos....
Wike is from Edo state and not a true rivers man just like tinubu is from osun.
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2023
EngrKemp:

Shetap!!!

Which of ur region governor can do what he has done and face what he has faced for 6months ?

Ihedioha caged Rochas when he wanted to act like Wike. Same thing Peter Obi did to Andy Ụba and Ngige them. Hope Uzodinma is still doing it to Rochas.

No Eastern Governor, past or present can cage a sitting Governor except in SW or as its happening in Rivers now

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Dubetex96(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
Augustenite:

We have a lot of fools roaming the social space of nairaland. And I think you are their leader.

What happens in Abia state for over 24 years?, what of Ebonyi, Enugu. You no just get sense.

I don't have words for cretin fellow like u .

Goan sleep baby boy
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Donedeal1(m): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2023
Meaning what nah?
Workers are languishing in hunger
But you are doing solidarity matches
Anyways no settlement from both d parties
For Joe boy.
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Nauttyprof(m): 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
Wutinky:

With what is happening he will not dare not to perform otherwise his political career will be over, anyway I will never support any Governor who perform poorly, I just don’t like Godfatherism in politic

We still believe these politicians
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Kkk777: 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2023
NLC is now a weapon in the hand of politicians.

What a country.
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Wutinky: 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2023
Augustenite:

Illiterate and Mugu ..... have you heard of Goafatherism in those states you mentioned? Abia had bad Governance not Godfatherism
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Wutinky: 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2023
Kkk777:
NLC is now a weapon in the hand of politicians.

What a country.

Because they spoke up for Fubara who was ambushed by gangsters like Wike and Tinubu, can you accept that peace agreement if you were Fubara? anyway your evil plans are dead on arrival
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Wutinky: 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2023
Donedeal1:
Meaning what nah?
Workers are languishing in hunger
But you are doing solidarity matches
Anyways no settlement from both d parties
For Joe boy.

Yes, now cry harder 🤣
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by drerocker: 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2023
Papparassi:
NLC, TUC and other unions today in PH hold Solidarity walk for Rivers State Governor, Sim Fubara
Disloyalty is a disease
Wike know how to deal with u in is plan b.
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by ibiso1986: 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2023
Papparassi:
Six elders of Rivers State have dragged President Bola Tinubu to the Federal High Court in Abuja, for allegedly compelling Governor Siminilaya Fubara to enter into an unconstitutional agreement.

The plaintiffs, led by a member of the Rivers State House of Assembly representing Bonny State Constituency, Victor Jumbo, are Senator Bennett Birabi, Senator Andrew Uchendu, Rear Admiral O. P. Fingesi, Ann Kio Briggs and Emmanuel Deinma.

They maintained that the said agreement, which was signed on December 18, was not only illegal but amounted to an usurpation, nullification, and undermining of the extant/binding relevant provisions of the 1999 Constitution, as amended.

Consequently, they prayed the court to, among other things, determine whether President Tinubu, Governor Fubara, and the Rivers State Assembly have the rights and are entitled to enter into any agreement that has the effect of nullifying or undermining the constitutional/legal potency of the provisions of Section 109(I)(g) and (2) of the 1999 Constitution, as amended.

They contended that neither President Tinubu nor Governor Fubara has the statutory powers to stop the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, from conducting fresh elections to replace the 27 Rivers State lawmakers.

The said lawmakers defected from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
very funny... Most Rivers Ijaw people are based in Port Harcourt, accross Nigeria and abroad.. Doesn't mean that they all stay in the swampy area or their local governments
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Wutinky: 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2023
Nauttyprof:

We still believe these politicians

I don’t believe in them but allowing Godfatherism with what is already happening inNigeria will only cause more unrepairable damages, maybe some of them will start to do the right thing if they realise power lies with the masses instead of Godfathers. In a true democratic setting, power belong to the masses.
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by athaboi(f): 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2023
loswhite:
Is that all you can deduced from all that has been happening? The above statement should be I no just get sense at all...SMH
your mother doesn't have sense
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Wutinky: 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2023
drerocker:

Disloyalty is a disease
Wike know how to deal with u in is plan b.

Wike will not succeed this time, too much of everything is bad, He should allow Fubara to work for the River state people
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Wutinky: 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2023
jamesversion:

You are just a confused entity. The other day you said Ikwerre was fhe single largest ethnic group. Today Ijaw is now the majority ethnic group with 11 LGAs. Talking from both sides of your mouth in less than one month.

Ikwerres have nothing with Igbos, go and rest.

Only someone who has never been to/visited the riverine areas of Rivers will take those 11 LGAs seriously.

Those 11 LGAs are absolute water. Nothing and nobody living inside them. When they count 10,000 persons, they make it 1 local government area. I'm from Rivers state, we know riverine people very well. Uninhabitable waterlogged swamp area is where they reside, people living on wooden houses on water.

If you want to see population, come to Ikwerre, Ogoni, Etche, even Oyigbo. Come there and see people living on land.

Who dey fear Ijaw, highest dem go blow pipeline, enter swamp go hide. That's the most they can do.

Igbos too have nothing with Ikwerres, are you bigger than Ijaw? Stop being too emotional.
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by ralfdudu1: 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Unions should not be picking sides. This is how they screw up themselves. Stick to Unionism and focus on the welfare of the people

do you know what rivers state civil servants passed through in the hands of wike.for 8years no employment ,he only employed his kinsmen from Rumuprikom.for 8yrs no promotion,no pension and gratuity,no Christmas bonus but just 6months SIM FUBARA defiled all odds and make the impossible possible.Every body in Rivers state is happy with the governor
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by DeepSight(m): 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2023
theamazonguru:

And part of the script is to demolish a state infrastructure - the state house of assembly.

To know this,you must be a member of the inner caucus.
Weldone sir.

When fighting a wild mad man, you need to deploy wild mad tactics.
Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by mrksquare: 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:

Why won't they take side. I was part of the NLC team that embarked on the solidarity walk to the government House.

For 10years plus, Rivers state workers were stagnant on one level, as the previous governments refused to implement and promote the workers. Amaechi promoted twice but only implemented one of the promotion.

For 8years Wike was in the saddle, he refused to promote workers nor even pay the actual minimum wage. Even Christmas bonus wasn't paid through out his 8years in the saddle. Neither was gratuity paid. When the former NLC chair in Rivers state raised the issue of promotion, Wike sealed off the State secretariat of the NLC and refused to remit check up dues to the union from workers in the state employ.

Gov. Sim took over and did three promotions and implemented same. As if that was not enough, he gave #100k across board to all civil servants. Gov. SIM has pledged to dedicate 4billion from next year to start paying gratuity. Presently the gratuity liability of Rivers state is #117 Billion.

Re: NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Splashme: 9:08pm On Dec 22, 2023
Tinubu is not from Rivers.
He should stay away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Slams Rotimi Amaechi - God Will Judge You For Your Evil / Sanwo-olu’s Stern Message To SSG, Chief Of Staff / Arzika Tureta Is Dead (Sokoto Commissioner)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.