Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum (29605 Views)

My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent / My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification / Lady Accused Of Abandoning Her House Help At A Restaurant Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by babaYIBO: 9:44am On Dec 23, 2023
Just saw a thread where a guy is complaining about his friend not telling him about the fact that he was building his house, and I see a lot of comments complaining condemning the said friend.

https://www.nairaland.com/7892469/he-completed-house-without-uttering

Funny how people exact same thing happened to me last year, this time it wasn’t a from a friend but a blood sister who I thought loved me the way I do for her.

This woman was building her house while pretending to everyone that she was broke.

Funniest thing is, few weeks to moving to us getting to know about the house, she was asking me to lend her 300k as she has plenty debts to pay. Almost sent her 100k, but then I remembered how she prefers to party with her women associates more than she’s willing to buy anything for my parents. This is someone that my dad built and opened shop for.

If a friend do this to me now, walahi I won’t be surprised.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Shalommy(f): 9:50am On Dec 23, 2023
She's a wise woman. Some family members are obstacles. Chaii..

175 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by babaYIBO: 9:56am On Dec 23, 2023
Shalommy:

A wise woman you say. Lol

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by OBTOREPA(m): 10:00am On Dec 23, 2023
Second time I'm hearing this type of news today.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by OBTOREPA(m): 10:01am On Dec 23, 2023
Even me will certainly do thesame, some siblings are seriously bad these days.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Zonefree(m): 10:06am On Dec 23, 2023
Shalommy:
No wonder you turned this way...you got obstacles as family members.

My family members are blessings and I appreciate all of them.

176 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Shalommy(f): 10:06am On Dec 23, 2023
babaYIBO:

A wise woman you say. Lol
She's now a landlady. So, try and build your own. undecided

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by advanceDNA: 10:12am On Dec 23, 2023
Shalommy:
She's now a landlady. So, try and build your own. undecided
Building ur own place secretly is one thing ...thats fine...it ur success ...

But pretending to be broke, building ur own house and telling ur folks to give ur money is another thing ....That's exploitation of family ties and the church mind ur family members naturally have towards u..... It's wickedness.

246 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by TheWinterBird(f): 10:12am On Dec 23, 2023
Ok, *continues eating sushi and drinking blueberry juice*.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by BeyondDenemy: 10:13am On Dec 23, 2023
Sometimes it's good to.use your head

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by reiddecuti: 10:18am On Dec 23, 2023
Is this the new trend?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Shalommy(f): 10:20am On Dec 23, 2023
advanceDNA:

Building ur own place secretly is one thing ...

pretending to be broke, building ur own house and telling ur folks to give ur money is another thing ....That's exploitation of family ties and the church mind ur family members naturally have towards u..... It's wickedness.
You can't be a cheerful giver and expect better achievements. She did well. Congrats to her.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Ahmed0336(m): 10:47am On Dec 23, 2023
Things like these no longer troubles me.

7 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Jewessgratitud3: 10:53am On Dec 23, 2023
Why is this a problem and why are some of you feeling so entitled and wanting to be in the know of other people's private life and plans?

The other day it was a friend complaining that his friend didn't tell him he was building a house. Abeg, Shey Dem collect money for una hand take build the house nii?

A person has the right to conceal his plans from the public until he has accomplished it and you have no right to condemn him for it. He even told you people after successfully completing his project and instead of you to be happy for him you're angry. for what? Did you have plots to t.wat his plans.

Please, never divulge your plans until it is matured and successfully accomplished because some people are dream killers and will destroy your plans even before you accomplish it..

Be happy for him. He owes non of you any explanations. When you too build your own don't tell him.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by GreaterFuture(m): 10:53am On Dec 23, 2023
There is more... Dig deeper.

I have AliExpress checkout currently available, @ ₦1140 per dollar.
Grab it now while it's available.
Only making payments from $150 upwards.
AliExpress checkout Only. (No other sites)
zero9045327063

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by elitehow: 10:54am On Dec 23, 2023
wow
Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by AbuTwins: 10:54am On Dec 23, 2023
Inasmuch as you're not her father nor husband. Kindly rejoice with her!

May the blessing go round!

6 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by JackDaAlienz(m): 10:54am On Dec 23, 2023
Ok
Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by havenz(m): 10:54am On Dec 23, 2023
At least she for tell one person among her family members, what if something had happened to her badly or she go further (God forbid o), the whole of her plan and the building for be another stranger inheritance. Let's learn to keep somethings out of secret abeg, family is one.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by madridguy(m): 10:54am On Dec 23, 2023
She is an adult, so respect her opinion. You will only know how to deal with her henceforth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by bestman09(m): 10:54am On Dec 23, 2023
Everything should not be kept secret in life. A man was building a house secretly in felele area, Ibadan without telling his wife or any relation and suddenly died due to an accident in 1996. Because no one knew his family, that land remained fallow for over 20 years till 3 years ago when some omonile fought over the land as one set of omonile sold the house to someone else without settling the other side, that's how people knew about the reason why the land has been idle for a long time. However the matter was settled but the family of the man that owned the land remains unknown and the said land has been resold to someone else.

It's fair enough to hide some things to friends, but family? Noo

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Coolsat(m): 10:55am On Dec 23, 2023
Her decision and it shouldn't bother you.

Maybe the environment no conducive for her to divulge her secrets or she's doing it for selfish reasons.

Personally I don't see things like this as big deal

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Theoarhics: 10:55am On Dec 23, 2023
Sense of entitlement. Wetin u wan use the info do?

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by rocknation62(m): 10:55am On Dec 23, 2023
Always know this in every Relationship, friendship and even family. “No be as your mind be another person own be ooo!” You will treat some people good and they will treat or pay you with evil. No be dem, na so life be e no balance

8 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by RaySimran: 10:55am On Dec 23, 2023
Your write-up gives serious migraine.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Whatisurproblem(m): 10:55am On Dec 23, 2023
babaYIBO:
Just saw a thread where a guy is complaining about his friend not telling him about the fact that he was building his house, and I see a lot of comments complaining condemning the said friend.

Funny how people exact same thing happened to me last year, this time it wasn’t a from a friend but a blood sister who I thought loved me the way I do for her.

This woman was building her house while pretending to everyone that she was broke.

Funniest thing is, few weeks to moving to us getting to know about the house, she was asking me to lend her 300k as she has plenty debts to pay. Almost sent her 100k, but then I remembered how she prefers to party with her women associates more than she’s willing to buy anything for my parents. This is someone that my dad built and opened shop for.

you are a witch. You just confirmed it so go to hell

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Artscollection: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2023
Sometimes you got to lay low, we dont even know who the enemy is now. Talking from experience though.

6 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by seguno2: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2023
babaYIBO:

If she told you, she would be risking more bills from the family.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by adecz: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2023
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Married A Man But I Think I Might Be A Lesbian / Names You Can Never Give Your Child? / Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.