Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:25 AM

My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification (46599 Views)

My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum / I Walked In On My Parents Having Sex, Now I Feel So Embarrassed. / My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Deathisfree: 11:58am On Apr 11, 2021
Hi Nairalanders
This is really disturbing me right now,I just wedded about 2 months ago
My mother in-law first visit was 2 weeks ago, I purposely left the house before she came because I was not really bucks up
Suddenly she came this morning around 7:30 am without a pre notice. She didn’t tell my wife nor call any of us to let us know she’s coming.

She stays about 35 mins drive to my house,my parents stays about 5mins drive to my house and they can not try such and perhaps. They are too busy for all that nonsense

I’m in my room right now alone here on Nairaland seeking for advice on what to do before I do wrong. I am planning to tell my wife when her mother is gone and warm her never to let such happen again.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by 2dice01: 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2021
Your are the King your House

Tell wifey when her mom is gone
You dont condole families visiting from time to time
and if any of them wanna visit you must be informed first
Be serious about it

But if her family member come again with any notification

Don't come home till he/she leaves grin

152 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Ammishaddai: 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2021
Bros endure her visit for today. After that, try and relocate to a place that's far. So even if she wants to visit, she will think twice or at least call to know if you're at home

270 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by RMoneyInTheBank: 12:03pm On Apr 11, 2021
35 minutes drive from your house and you expect her to inform you before coming ALL THE TIME ? Bros fear God... After all she is not there to stay... In as much as it is good to inform people before visiting them, I feel it shouldn't be ALL THE TIME especially if the person is related to you and if the distance is as small as 35 minutes like you said... Is either the OP was brought up in an hostile environment or na Money yab man

552 Likes 37 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Mariangeles(f): 12:03pm On Apr 11, 2021
Did she come to stay or just visiting?

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Deathisfree: 12:04pm On Apr 11, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Bros endure her visit for today. After that, try and relocate to place that's far. So even if she wants to visit, she will think twice or latest call to know if your home

I just moved to the new apartment

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Deathisfree: 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2021
RMoneyInTheBank:
35 minutes drive from your house and you expect her to inform you before coming all the time ? Bros fear God... After all she is not there to stay...

I see no sense in this. Even if it’s 1mins drive. There should be a notice. It’s obvious you visit people without a pre ? If so stop it ,it’s a bad habit

221 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Deathisfree: 12:06pm On Apr 11, 2021
Mariangeles:
Did she come to stay or just visiting?

I think visiting
Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Mariangeles(f): 12:10pm On Apr 11, 2021
Deathisfree:

I think visiting

OK. Just be patient with her.

It might be that she's missing her daughter and is yet to get used to the fact that she's now a married woman.

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 11, 2021
Your wife holds d key...Once her mom is gone tell her u would prefer ur privacy with her and anybody visiting should always notify any of u.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Deathisfree: 12:11pm On Apr 11, 2021
Mariangeles:

OK. Just be patient with her.

It might be that she's missing her daughter and is yet to get used to the fact that she's now a married woman.

I just hope she won’t be expecting some token when she’s leaving cox. Chichi I no go drop.
She’s not poor o but it’s a duty to force it on her.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by habsydiamond(m): 12:18pm On Apr 11, 2021
She get mission... Either a possible one or an impossible one... I pray e no end like season film oo... Communicate with ur wife on this. Na maturity una go use play this out if not conflict go ensued between the family which is not good for newlyweds couples like you guys.

13 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Mariangeles(f): 12:19pm On Apr 11, 2021
Puloc:
Your wife holds d key...Once her mom is gone tell her u would prefer ur privacy with her and anybody visiting should always notify any of u.

Telling his wife to do that would be putting her in a difficult position. It's her mother afterall...

The mother in-law ought to know better.

21 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Duplexxx: 12:19pm On Apr 11, 2021
She is looking for Money

You hold her money before

Then leave her to be appearing and disappearing like James Bond

She most surely tire of coming one day

And be carefully of anything you'll discuss with her or your wifey

6 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by DaddyRochie1642: 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2021
Deathisfree:

I just hope she won’t be expecting some token when she’s leaving cox. Chichi I no go drop.

Oga you must drop something for her grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by JaneYave(f): 12:27pm On Apr 11, 2021
I guess it's the attachment, the daughter should be the one to technically talk to her. A notice before coming will help

3 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by densiks: 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2021
If I were in your shoes,this is totally a non issue.

If she was a rich mother -in law, will you seek for advise because she visited your place unannounced? besides wisdom and dialogue can easily alter her visit routine if you don’t want to see her at your place.

147 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by duro4chang(m): 12:29pm On Apr 11, 2021
To me your mother in law has done nothing wrong.

195 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Deathisfree: 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2021
densiks:
If I were in your shoes,this is totally a non issue.

It’s when I am not informed.

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by realman42: 12:34pm On Apr 11, 2021
There is nothing wrong.you r practically neighbors.move to a farther location if you want a call before a visit

24 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Deathisfree: 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2021
realman42:
There is nothing wrong.you r practically neighbors.move to a farther location if you want a call before a visit

If I move to a 1000miles and she has a business in my town. She will still do the same thing

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by donbachi(m): 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2021
If ur mother inlaw na president wife or the 1st lady of her state..u for dey celebrate her.and be jumping like akpamu because she visit u.

152 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by mutter(f): 1:07pm On Apr 11, 2021
Some men are mean!
Why don't you allow them to get used to the fact that the daughter is now married!
It's not easy to break a bond like mother daughter.
Anyway personally I could. Never be married to a man with your expectations!
My family remains my family irrespective of marriage. Same goes for my husband's family.
This is why it is important for couple to agree about such things before marriage.
Very sad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkQ2a_3mB4g

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by adadike(f): 1:09pm On Apr 11, 2021
As long as your rule goes for both mothers , then no problem cuz your mom in law is your second mom. Just thread with care and talk to your wife about it, she is the right person to solve this problem

16 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by RMoneyInTheBank: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2021
Deathisfree:

I see no sense in this. Even if it’s 1mins drive. There should be a notice. It’s obvious you visit people without a pre ? If so stop it ,it’s a bad habit
..hhhahahahahhah...you missed the part where I said "all the time"

Secondly, you mean I can't just show up at my uncles house or my sister's house that is 35 minutes away from mine.. Not as if I want to spend the night or something ?

The problem here is "how you were brought up"... You were brought up in an hostile environment I guess...

In as much as it is good to inform someone before visiting them, i don't see anything bad if my mother in-law who lives 35 minutes away show up at my place without notice.... Informing relations before visiting them shouldn't be ALL THE TIME especially when they are not there to spend the night and when it is as little as 35 minutes distance... Like I said, you were brought up in an hostile environment .....i know the problem... MY BROTHER HUSTLE ooooo.. E get why..na when man no get money this kind annoyance they come out....

You brough an issue to the public, seeking what to do, and you are busy opposing People's opinion.... You are to read and filter comments and not countering people's opinion or idea

194 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by johhbekeboh09: 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2021
2dice01:

Be serious about it

Yousef this small matter na de make you rant...BTW shee you wife get siblings?... De prepare for scene lI grin
2dice01:

Be serious about it

Yousef this small matter na de make you rant...BTW shee you wife get siblings?... De prepare for scene lI

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by RMoneyInTheBank: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2021
donbachi:
If ur mother inlaw na president wife or the 1st lady of her state..u for dey celebrate her.and be jumping like akpamu because she visit u.
hahhahahhhahah..this one got me

7 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by johhbekeboh09: 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
2dice01:

Be serious about it

Yousef this small matter na de make you rant...BTW shee you wife get siblings?... De prepare for scene lI grin
2dice01:

Be serious about it

Yousef this small matter na de make you rant...BTW shee you wife get siblings?... De prepare for scene lI
Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Mindlog: 2:05pm On Apr 11, 2021
donbachi:

Even if she no be president wife, she no be loafer but an achiever that raised an intellectual based on what OP posted somewhere. He said his wife is 25 years old, a PhD holder and a lecturer. cheesy

14 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by eyinjuege: 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2021
I hope if your wife gives your own mother the same energy, you will not vex o.

85 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Theboy21: 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
Only if you have the balls to tell your mother inlaw one on one what you feel will make things better, but sending your wife to do your job will turn out bitter, trust me you won't be able to face your inlaw for five seconds when next you meet...you might need her help someday remember and she might be the most easiest person to reach base on closeness...think ahead cheesy cheesy

18 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification by Gcool2(m): 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2021
Guess what can out of my mouth....."Stupid Guy"

Sorry OP...

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Husband Thinks I Lied 2 Him About My Virginity Bcz I Didnt Bleed The 1st Time / Couple With 5 Kids 'Sad' As Wife On Contraceptives Gives Birth To Quadruplets / Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.