Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum (29627 Views)

My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent / My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification / Lady Accused Of Abandoning Her House Help At A Restaurant Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Uwaiwe: 11:25am On Dec 23, 2023
It's becoming a normal stuff amongst siblings now.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by TheFinesseKid: 11:26am On Dec 23, 2023
AbujaLagos:
very wise and calculative
and feeding off the same people she couldn't trust. Una just gather dey yarn f anyhow for NL. Why did she have to be asking family members for support . She should have stuck to her own. Wicked people

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by TheFinesseKid: 11:26am On Dec 23, 2023
AbujaLagos:
Good decision, I built two houses without getting any of my family members informed. Am no living to impress anyone.
agba. But you didn't live off of any of them. That's the difference. Her sister is a wicked being

1 Like

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Dikastan: 11:26am On Dec 23, 2023
OBTOREPA:
Even me will certainly do thesame, some siblings are seriously bad these days.
Pray you don't go down one day cos it is only your family that can truly be there for you

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Xpol: 11:27am On Dec 23, 2023
Lol. if she didn't do that, your numerous demands wouldn't have let her finished that project .

She's a wise woman/lady.

In Africa, if you're rich friends and family feel/think they're your responsibilities but if you're poor they feel/think you're on your own.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by phorget(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2023
babaYIBO:
Just saw a thread where a guy is complaining about his friend not telling him about the fact that he was building his house, and I see a lot of comments complaining condemning the said friend.

https://www.nairaland.com/7892469/he-completed-house-without-uttering

Funny how people exact same thing happened to me last year, this time it wasn’t a from a friend but a blood sister who I thought loved me the way I do for her.

This woman was building her house while pretending to everyone that she was broke.

Funniest thing is, few weeks to moving to us getting to know about the house, she was asking me to lend her 300k as she has plenty debts to pay. Almost sent her 100k, but then I remembered how she prefers to party with her women associates more than she’s willing to buy anything for my parents. This is someone that my dad built and opened shop for.

If a friend do this to me now, walahi I won’t be surprised.

Shey una for contribute block and cement for the project?

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by TheFinesseKid: 11:29am On Dec 23, 2023
Dikastan:

Pray you don't go down one day cos it is only your family that can truly be there for you
people just dey yarn like mumu. Adults for that matter. Acting like they are islands.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Jewessgratitud3: 11:29am On Dec 23, 2023
Trustmea:

To be honestly speaking the one that complained of his friend not telling him is right, how can someone you ate in the same plate, you confide in on him and take him like a brother, you assisted him when he doesn't have and yet he built house without even telling u. It means that fellow don't see you as a true friend perhaps he sees you as an enemy of progress hence concealing his plan from you. It's too bad, if I'm carrying any big projects like building house I will always confide in on some people bossom to me unless I view you as someone you know the rest abeg

If you can view some people in a certain way, why can't the guys friend do same? Do you really know the kind of person the op is and how his friend views him.?
Lets stop condemning others for choosing to do things their own way especially if it doesn't affect other people directly.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by tfelicityk(m): 11:30am On Dec 23, 2023
People should try to respect people conscience and their opinions.

This is the path they chose and they should be happy with them that they are successful at the end.

To me I see it as means of surprises... They preferred actions than talking about their achievements.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by advanceDNA: 11:30am On Dec 23, 2023
Whatisurproblem:
you are a witch 🧹🪄. She need to clip your wing and keep you in dungeon.

U don't even know how to make comments on nairaland....always rushing to comment...

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by TheFinesseKid: 11:30am On Dec 23, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

If you can view some people in a certain way, why can't the guys friend do same? Do you really know the kind of person the op is and how his friend views him.?
Lets stop condemning others for choosing to do things their own way especially if it doesn't affect other people directly.
see dust wey this one dey yarn. Wait until it happens to you, and come back to see how foolish you sound here.
Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 11:31am On Dec 23, 2023
Nothing wrong but you all knew now.
What I experienced this year, trust no one.
Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Awise09(m): 11:36am On Dec 23, 2023
And so fwhat? You made the money for her?

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by tctrills: 11:37am On Dec 23, 2023
Shalommy:
She's a wise woman. Some family members are obstacles. Chaii..
Not every family is like that. There is nothing better than a happy loving family.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Jewessgratitud3: 11:37am On Dec 23, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
see dust wey this one dey yarn. Wait until it happens to you, and come back to see how foolish you sound here.

Seun
nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by TheFinesseKid: 11:38am On Dec 23, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Seun
nlfpmod
be playing. I said you would come back and discover how foolish you sounded here.

Rubbish. It's easy for y'all to judge when you're not wearing those shoes.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by okine4real: 11:39am On Dec 23, 2023
I have built more than 6 houses, am evening building presently, my mama know say I dey build, my younger brother know say I dey build, my friends for my street know say I dey build, non of my business associate know say I dey build, my wife and kids knows there dad is building, if you like come ask me for 5k, shishi I nor get, infact the more you know am building, the more I will not give you shishi because you see watin I dey spend money do, my children done spoil my chair badly for house, I tell my wife say shishi nor dey to repair chair, but we dey pump money enter site. Na mentality, some people believe say if them tell you say them dey build, you go dey see them as big man and them go won dey tax you, the first rule I learnt when I started building was, even if I dey spend 10 Million Naira for foundation, if you come ask me for 10k, I go tell you say I NOR GET MONEY. Even my chair for house nor fit collect money for my hand because I nor send, even my mama know say, I go give her, her money steady, but thinking say because I dey build, you go come bill me, omo na story you go dey collect steady

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by King125007(m): 11:40am On Dec 23, 2023
The only reasonable comment so far
Many people just rush to comment without reading properly

By all means you can keep your achievement and goals to yourself as you please but don't extort people while pretending you are broke

advanceDNA:

Building ur own place secretly is one thing ...

pretending to be broke, building ur own house and telling ur folks to give ur money is another thing ....That's exploitation of family ties and the church mind ur family members naturally have towards u..... It's wickedness.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by SIRTee15: 11:41am On Dec 23, 2023
babaYibo ignore juvenile and immature rants here on NL. I read response to the friends one yesterday and concluded na small pikin dey nairaland. Until it happens to them, they won't understand.

Housing project is a big achievement in naija esp for the middle class. If not, why is the friend throwing a huge party because he built a house.

There's something called betrayal of trust and that's what your sister and the friend did. There's something in Yoruba called aponle- regard, it's obvious your sister don't have much regard for u, same for the friend.
Your sister don't want to have a close relationship with u, just see it that way and respect her choice. Do your thing and let her hers. It's painful but that's the way it is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by TheFinesseKid: 11:43am On Dec 23, 2023
okine4real:
I have built more than 6 houses, am evening building presently, my mama know say I dey build, my younger brother know say I dey build, my friends for my street know say I dey build, non of my business associate know say I dey build, my wife and kids knows there dad is building, if you like come ask me for 5k, shishi I nor get, infact the more you know am building, the more I will not give you shishi because you see watin I dey spend money do, my children done spoil my chair badly for house, I tell my wife say shishi nor dey to repair chair, but we dey pump money enter site. Na mentality, some people believe say if them tell you say them dey build, you go dey see them as big man and them go won dey tax you, the first rule I learnt when I started building was, even if I dey spend 10 Million Naira for foundation, if you come ask me for 10k, I go tell you say I NOR GET MONEY. Even my chair for house nor fit collect money for my hand because I nor send, even my mama know say, I go give her, her money steady, but thinking say because I dey build, you go come bill me, omo na story you go dey collect steady
Lmao na man you be. No mind all those ones wey dey defend rubbish.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Naira2Man(m): 11:44am On Dec 23, 2023
DKM123:
When you live in Nigeria and have parasites who feel entitled to your money, then it's best to do things codedly if not you may never have anything tangible till you die. If you decide to ignore then your enemies will be countless especially household enemies..

If people knew she was building a house, the billing would have been in ten folds. It doesn't matter that she is spending all her savings and even taking loans to try and have a property and probably depriving herself and her kids from a lot of things so they can have a permanent roof over thier head.

She did well. Na house she build she no kee person.

God bless you, to build house is no small thing, everybody will come will their own ideas and advice and make the job much harder, the sister is sacrificing, focusing on how complete the house without unnecessary drama from anybody.
Just look now she finished the house instead of congratulating her, giving her peace of mind her sister has started unnecessary drama but one thing I know regardless she informed them or not, is that every responsible good parents will be extremely proud of her achievements

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by windvane(m): 11:45am On Dec 23, 2023
Nigerians see reasons to everything.......I wonder the definition of surprise.I built a 5 bed duplex without saying peem to anyone......I wanted it to be a surprise,the end result I regretted building.evwryone gaslighted me like hell fire
Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by AbujaLagos: 11:47am On Dec 23, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
agba. But you didn't live off of any of them. That's the difference. Her sister is a wicked being
nothing like wickedness, na she know how e dey go for the family
Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by TheFinesseKid: 11:47am On Dec 23, 2023
King125007:
The only reasonable comment so far
Many people just rush to comment without reading properly

By all means you can keep your achievement and goals to yourself as you please but don't extort people while pretending you are broke

God bless you. Notting I hate pass that attitude. Them dey think say dem wise

1 Like

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by TheFinesseKid: 11:48am On Dec 23, 2023
AbujaLagos:
nothing like wickedness, na she know how e dey go for the family
good she for dey her dey. Make she no meet them for anything at all. Not even loan

1 Like

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by aribisala0(m): 11:49am On Dec 23, 2023
My own is worse my brother contested for governor and won . He did not tell any family member
It was after the swearing in that we all heard

1 Like

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by Lemmyler(m): 11:49am On Dec 23, 2023
As the saying that says ' different strokes for different folks', I believe that it is not a sin for someone to decide how he or she wants to handle his or her thing(s). Most times, it is better to do the 'cooking' on a low key and announce the 'food' when it is ready.
Furthermore, your sister did not commit any crimes by asking you to borrow her money. She might want to use it for the project or something else. Besides, there is a clear difference between 'borrow me' and 'give me'. If she had asked you to give her the money, it would have been another case.
Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by mastermaestro(m): 11:50am On Dec 23, 2023
Family trust matters. Where there is no trust, don't blame anyone for acting in certain ways. I was invited to pray by my two sisters on various occasions when they and their husbands wanted to begin building their houses. I was also invited upon completion to dedicate them. It's family trust.

When one person is serving satan, another one is following JESUS, and the other is worshipping what nobody knows, please don't expect smooth rapport o. Life has many hidden mysteries. People are better off doing certain things secretly if they cannot verify the true intentions of those around them.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by TheFinesseKid: 11:51am On Dec 23, 2023
SIRTee15:
babaYibo ignore juvenile and immature rants here on NL. I read response to the friends one yesterday and concluded na small pikin dey nairaland. Until it happens to them, they won't understand.

Housing project is a big achievement in naija esp for the middle class. If not, why is the friend throwing a huge party because he built a house.

There's something called betrayal of trust and that's what your sister and the friend did. There's something in Yoruba called aponle- regard, it's obvious your sister don't have much regard for u, same for the friend.
Your sister don't want to have a close relationship with u, just see it that way and respect her choice. Do your thing and let her hers. It's painful but that's the way it is.
You are a wise man. It's easy to say rubbish when you're not affected directly. Hypocrites wey em be

1 Like

Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by BeigJawnson(m): 11:52am On Dec 23, 2023
Lekan71:
Please help me

I am very hungry.

I made a posted here in the morning about this but my post was removed that's why I created a thread for it.

Please read my thread at https://www.nairaland.com/7947429/good-morning-sir-ma-please

I am dying of hunger!

Are you a supporter of tinubu? Did you vote for him?
Re: My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum by jonnex: 11:54am On Dec 23, 2023
People are ready to borrow you money to do irrelevant things rather than borrowing you to prosper in life, that is why you see people behaving like paupers just to get something from you because this is what people want.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Married A Man But I Think I Might Be A Lesbian / Help My Drunk Dad Before He Kills Himself..!!! / Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.