Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano (32059 Views)

Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria / Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Bragalane: 11:13am On Dec 24, 2023
ShopRite as to be the most foolish organization to ever exist if indeed it pay ₦66 million as monthly when it can build a brand new n bigger mall for it self less than ₦2 billion n lease to even generate more fund to cover it cost.

maleekberry:

https://dailytrust.com/real-reasons-behind-shoprites-planned-exit-from-kano/

2 Likes

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by jamesversion: 11:15am On Dec 24, 2023
NFBI:
Choose the second in line with green

You get better eyes. She has something nice behind. wink
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Bragalane: 11:17am On Dec 24, 2023
Exactly while the only thriving biz in Alaigbo is ipobing, man slaughtering, kidnapping, fake product production n cocaine dealing with rituals.

nothingspoil70:
The only thriving business in the north at the moment is kidnapping and banditry. Any other form of business activity will fail.
Lagos is the only place in Nigeria at the moment where businesses flourish
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by NFBI: 11:19am On Dec 24, 2023
jamesversion:

You get better eyes. She has something nice behind. wink
I have her number dm if you are interested
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Typing: 11:21am On Dec 24, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Not surprised

Tinubu administration is a disaster

After seven years we will be left with nothing

And moreover nor be place like kano shoprite go excel
Abokis nor dey do better shopping na. Them economize die..I'm not saying there are no millionaires in kano

Places where shoprite can excel are south south especially Benin city, asaba, portharcourt
This places can do pass themselves when it comes to extravagant life style especially Benin city

Apart from Yahoo and Ashawo, who get money for Benin?

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:25am On Dec 24, 2023
It will be turned to a mosque.
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by nairalanda1(m): 11:26am On Dec 24, 2023
epainos:

Olodo researcher. grin The same dollar that is killing you is what you want to earn more. Chai!

Well, whatever you think of my research skills, it still remains that the Nigeria is not earning enough, and that in itself is an indictment of the government

And I also think you are acting very childish by referring to me as an olodo, especially since I did not abuse or call you names. Be more mature, young one.

5 Likes

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by jamesversion: 11:27am On Dec 24, 2023
NFBI:
I have her number dm if you are interested

For real??. It looked like an AI generated pix to me.
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by kelly72: 11:28am On Dec 24, 2023
BREAKING NEWS!

Tinubu begs Shoprite to stay.
That's all.
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by ObabiOlorunosi(m): 11:28am On Dec 24, 2023
Basicend:
Most businesses are breathing hard right now.

The politicians are the only ones having a free flow in the current situation.

You can imagine Buhari's nephew taking most decisions that affects Africa's biggest economy.

Tinubu fumbled by spontaneous decisions of ill-timed subsidy removal and naira floating.

But the gross of the blame is on Buhari, who heavily messed up the structure of a country.

I doubt he can even think micro economic analysis. Yet, he would not bother employing real sound minds / brains to help him.

Buhari put huge backlogs of mess on Tinubu, so Tinubu will have to find ways to breathe out through it.

But Tinubu has not shown any sign of discipline. He swims in utter corruption too. So we an issue before us.

I don't blame Buhari,Tinubu or the APC, I blame those youths, who claim to be educated but still voted and support them.
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by NFBI: 11:29am On Dec 24, 2023
jamesversion:

For real??. It looked like an AI generated pix to me.
That's how reality always look like
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Edusouls(m): 11:29am On Dec 24, 2023
Igbo money is retuning home, to the east, una go hear am nahh,
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by JuanDeDios: 11:29am On Dec 24, 2023
Shellsploit:
Shorite ikeja following next!!!
Imagine paying 1 billion yearly
Hiw much come be there profit after tax?

Haba shocked
They pay $1bn yearly? I know Lagos State is greedy but I find this hard to believe.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by kelly72: 11:30am On Dec 24, 2023
jamesversion:

This picture is giving me a selection headache. Tell me to select one and see me confused. grin

The one I want has already separated herself.
My choices are always distinct, so I don't have selection complex.
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Etranshub(m): 11:36am On Dec 24, 2023
The naija economy of today is very very harsh on all its inhabitants
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by BreakingNews21: 11:37am On Dec 24, 2023
A mess left behind by Granudollar. Don't know how he is now the chairman of the apc.
And why is a meeting planned in Abuja instead of with the new governor of Kano?🤔
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by ufotunang: 11:51am On Dec 24, 2023
See what APC and Tinubu has caused 🙄
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:59am On Dec 24, 2023
Everything the sniffing baron touches, that one is dead.. Gsk gone! Shoprite gone... Una go chop grass these days because season of agbado don go.. See the BBQ guy below..

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by yahoodetector: 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2023
Later some people will open their gutter mouth and say Igbos love money. I guess the greedy owner of Ado Bayero Mall is an Igbo man abi? Imagine collecting N66m for rent every month?

Even the most greediest Igbo man won't collect such an amount from anyone for a space as big as that.

They should exit. The greedy owner of the mall will be at loss by the time the other smaller businesses there relocate
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by alobright17(m): 12:08pm On Dec 24, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Not surprised

Abokis nor dey do better shopping na. Them economize die..I'm not saying there are no millionaires in kano

Places where shoprite can excel are south south especially Benin city, asaba, portharcourt
This places can do pass themselves when it comes to extravagant life style especially Benin city

Mugu the post said since last 2yrs.

Besides is not only in naija that economy hardships makes companies to stop operations.
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by skj1377(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2023
Oga they may be making N3 billion monthly in Ikeja. Southwest is not north, they don't depend on government handouts, salary or contract.
Shellsploit:
Shorite ikeja following next!!!
Imagine paying 1 billion yearly
Hiw much come be there profit after tax?

Haba shocked

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by nairalanda1(m): 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2023
epainos:

Mr researcher, I told you earlier that you are an olodo. Yes....you are. The problem with you is that you follow what your olodo lecturers tell you work....but Buhari refused to pay for your olodo work...lol. he did not fall for their cheap blackmail...and trust me...Jagaban will not too. Lol.

The same thing I told you that time, I will tell you again. You are always doing what you think is smart. Lol. And that you think is smart has not worked for us everytime...and you dont think it is time to look deeper. But you want govt to keep paying you for the olodo result.

By the way...why are you calling mods if you arent olodo? So, they can come bail you out? Olodo rabata. Olodo....grow some balls ...man up....and fsce this sh.it we are trashing out here. It is for the sake of Nigeria. Olodo...we will polish your brains...I am going to start with you. See...you will think out of the box by force. I am starting with you.

Olodo...be creative....why use nair.aland as yoyr moniker? Be innovative na. Olodo rabata. Na copy copy....follow follow you dey do all your life. Zero brain. Lol. grin Akamu brain wey wan chop govt. grin

Anyway...olodo square...go and learn why Russia decided to make her currency the only means to buy her oil. And learn how China refused to depend on dollars anymore...and its impact.

Olodo researcher. grin

Tinubu will not pay you for not using your common sense. A primary school teacher knows that when something doesnt work after many trials, there is need for a change. Only olodos like you snd your friends in the nigerian universities think you can get a different result doing what has been proven to not work. Olodo rabata! grin

You are a goat who wont stop pushing out trashes. And goats are meant to be stopped. Olodo rabata!

If you dont want to be called olodo...then use your head. Olodo raise to the power of infinity. angry Na only kunu you sabi....olodo rabata!!!

Okay

One day you will understand that what you are doing to others is wrong.

May God bless you.

(FIN)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by nairalanda1(m): 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2023
epainos:

Trust me...I dont like hurting people....but I will put an olodo who thinks he knows all in his right place. Remember that you bumped into my post...and started dragging it out with me. Throwing shade here and there....writing jargons.... And you were feeling like you know all. grin

So, you don accept you have a master... hahaha...olodo borokoto. grin

K.
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by fabolouz1(m): 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2023
I doubt the 66milion naira monthly rate but even if it's true why can't they erect their own permanent structure?

2 Likes

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by viodemus: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2023
People say Nigeria is populated, but it is a dead weight population.

No buying power. Basically low quality populace.; caused by criminals of treasury.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Kay25(m): 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Not surprised

Everything is tinubu..they said over 2 years u said tinubu,kano that doesn't allow people to drink freely u didn't check that ,other countries of the world that are going on recession its tinubu too their president?just calm ur nerves and accept realities
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by basty: 1:13pm On Dec 24, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Not surprised

As for you, you will be left with nothing. That goes for you.

As for me and my household, after 7 years we shall be left with plenty.

Out of the abundance of the heart so the mouth speaketh.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by PlsStayAlive: 1:13pm On Dec 24, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Not surprised

Ha, see praise and insult in the same write-up 😂😂
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by villagereporter(m): 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2023
Basicend:
Most businesses are breathing hard right now.

The politicians are the only ones having a free flow in the current situation.

You can imagine Buhari's nephew taking most decisions that affects Africa's biggest economy.

Tinubu fumbled by spontaneous decisions of ill-timed subsidy removal and naira floating.

But the gross of the blame is on Buhari, who heavily messed up the structure of a country.

I doubt he can even think micro economic analysis. Yet, he would not bother employing real sound minds / brains to help him.

Buhari put huge backlogs of mess on Tinubu, so Tinubu will have to find ways to breathe out through it.

But Tinubu has not shown any sign of discipline. He swims in utter corruption too. So we an issue before us.

My dear d gross of the blame is on Tinubu who thought because of personal ambition d best for him is to keep quiet when Buhari was butchering Nigeria economy.

And now that he has assumed d mantle what is d economy plan? Look at numbers of his media aide, tell are not in for long thing.
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Elvo123: 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2023
Now that they want to leave, if they eventually leave, what will the Kano state government do in that place to create employment and revenue?

NOTHING!

The only place Nigerians can maintain is worship centres 🚶🚶🚶

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down / Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.