Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano (32060 Views)

Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria / Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Elvo123: 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2023
Now that they want to leave, if they eventually leave, what will the Kano state government do in that place to create employment and revenue?

NOTHING!

The only place Nigerians can maintain is worship centres

2 Likes

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Originalsly: 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2023
How does Shoprite help in Nigeria's economy? I wish them all go out of business and let the local shops and farmers breathe. Let's produce and use our own as much as possible instead of feeding on the imported rubbish foods they stock. The senator should put his effort in having proper infrastructure to benefit all instead of trying to get Shoprite to stay. I'm almost sure he will be trying to subsidise their operational costs.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Metrofox(m): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2023
abokis should enjoy the reward of their darling bubu . Back to 1982 , go and trade on the streets
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Yankee101: 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2023
I laugh when I see some property prices in nigeria when I compare to how much we pay in some places abroad

Some olces are overpriced with little security,electricity and infrastructure
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by blowjohn(m): 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Not surprised

Tinubu administration is a disaster

After seven years we will be left with nothing

And moreover nor be place like kano shoprite go excel
Abokis nor dey do better shopping na. Them economize die..I'm not saying there are no millionaires in kano

Places where shoprite can excel are south south especially Benin city, asaba, portharcourt
This places can do pass themselves when it comes to extravagant life style especially Benin city

Extravagant lifestyle for benin and asaba ke?

Oga, if u want to see extravagant lifestyle go to Lagos and abuja.

Which day benin people begin enter better restaurants sef? No be Mat Ice restaurant full benin?

Until Kilimanjaro restaurant come benin like 5 years ago, na mama put joints full benin na.

Even una new malls they no born any investor we'll make e sell expensive wears for benin that time. Who go buy them?

Obaseki come enter and things got worse economically.

If u want to see where people dey spend 10k steadily for lunch go to abuja or Lagos.

Who want try that one for benin?

Benin even get shop rite?

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Af0nja: 2:36pm On Dec 24, 2023
ShopRite isn't entirely for the elite, unless I. kano
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by 3seriez(m): 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2023
kemika8989:

They should convert the mall to mosque simple

Nairalanders and dumb suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by loswhite(m): 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2023
MajorOvakporaye:
Empty-Hen should also do us good by exiting Nigeria. They are now a huge load of shit.
They are far better than your Glo
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by TruthsFM: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2023
Buhari harsh economy policies caused it

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by finallybusy: 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2023
Which other multinational will follow their example? Naija is not it at all.
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by owagbeba: 3:46pm On Dec 24, 2023
MajorOvakporaye:
Empty-Hen should also do us good by exiting Nigeria. They are now a huge load of shit.

Why would you want them to leave knowing that they employ a lot of Nigerians?
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by PHAYOL81: 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2023
Over 700m? that's a whooping lots that's aupposed to be enough for them to have build their own independent mall in choice location. That's absurd if true
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by BreakingNews21: 4:04pm On Dec 24, 2023
fabolouz1:
I doubt the 66milion naira monthly rate but even if it's true why can't they erect their own permanent structure?

Forex and power and light problems would still be major issues out of their control.
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Free2Fly: 4:30pm On Dec 24, 2023
nairalanda1:
The naira is falling because we are not earning enough dollars, so imported goods become difficult to buy

We saw this in the 1970's when imported stuff got cheap because of high oil prices meaning more dollars. Then came the oil price crash, and then imported stuff got hard to see.

As you can see the above response, this is how we know the intellectually deficient nairalander from the intellectual and intelligent nairalander. Those who have nothing to say, are abusive.

The above person has been reported approrpiately to the moderators. I do not abuse or insult anyone by my comment, and you can disagree with me without calling me an olodo

Good morning. We had our beloved site taken down because of people like this

And yes, laugh at me, call me a fool for doing this, but i do not go around calling people olodo.

CC Seun, nlfpmod.

Modified

Well, I can't do much for this type of cases.

Good morning nairalanders, I have tried for this one.

He has been reported appropriately. I won't sink to his level by the way. cheesy If they ban am, him no like am. if they don't so what?

Modified

Nairalanders, we should be careful what we say here by the way. If you disagree with someone , do it with politeness and with restraint and with reasons. Just don't be calling someone olodo.

Am sure that if I abused the above person back, he would lose his head and start screaming.

Well, at the end, I know that i disagree with people here. But I will not abuse you directly. I am not that peevish. cheesy

Are you sure you're not that disgusting guy called Reno Omokri??
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by delpee(f): 4:39pm On Dec 24, 2023
vacanci:

you are so wrong. Come to Abuja and see how the hausa people shop with reckless abandon. They dump all sorts of things in shopping baskets including things u wonder if they actually need them.

A woman and her driver enter a mall with their kids. As shopping goes on, kids keep picking stuffs and throwing into baskets and mother will keep quiet. these happens alot as see especially in Sahad stores.

When u want to pay for your little shopping and queue behind a hausa shopper who is already checking out his goods, you go wait taya

i have not seen shoppers like them.

reminds me of the song, "LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE"

I remember those days of shopping in Sahad. Yeah, Northerners are great shoppers.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by nairalanda1(m): 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2023
Free2Fly:

Are you sure you're not that disgusting guy called Reno Omokri??

No, I am Chadwick Beauregard Hamilton V. Of the North Carolina Hamilton's, of course.
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by vacanci: 5:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
delpee:

I remember those days of shopping in Sahad. Yeah, Northerners are great shoppers.

Good u noticed this too
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by AngelicBeing: 5:22pm On Dec 24, 2023
Shellsploit:
Shorite ikeja following next!!!
Imagine paying 1 billion yearly
Hiw much come be there profit after tax?

Haba shocked
I go enter oyingbo or ariaria or sabon gari market to buy Eba and oha soup at chikini money than to spend 10,000 naira to chop ice cream at ShopRite cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Mrexcell(m): 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2023
nothingspoil70:
The only thriving business in the north at the moment is kidnapping and banditry. Any other form of business activity will fail.
Lagos is the only place in Nigeria at the moment where businesses flourish

Aboki no dey shop for shoprite so it's expected.
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by frog12: 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2023
very expensive
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Nefort: 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2023
Shellsploit:
Shorite ikeja following next!!!
Imagine paying 1 billion yearly
Hiw much come be there profit after tax?

Haba shocked
They should be making a lot of money to afford it because of the volume of customers who visit there as a high populated area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Lovelyn451(f): 12:28am On Dec 25, 2023
Only The elite buy expensive things and they form minority yen yen yen....is this not part of your culture? A state that produced richest man in Africa yet ppl there are hungry....reason igbos will remain richest to me, no richest man because the richest is busy pulling out poor people out of poverty
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by Alpharey: 6:59am On Dec 25, 2023
Since you are not selling fura and nunu, tofi ngida Mana🤣🤣🤣
Re: Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano by COMPAQ(m): 9:10am On Dec 25, 2023
DesChyko:
They can see how things look after this festive period. The highest percentage of luxury goods and what-nots are purchased during this period. They can compare their books to previous years and after factoring in inflation, make their decisions.

I'm not sure what effect the plans of the Deputy Senate President will have on their books though.
The most that can be done is negotiate with the owners of the mall for significantly less rent to allow the anchor tenant to stay.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down / Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.