Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? (17357 Views)

Why A Nigerian Was Denied Schengen Visa (Refusal Letter) / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa / So Sad Now!!! I Was Denied Visa Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by aestake: 4:57pm On Dec 24, 2023
Yankee101:

You don’t have to be in the US to have joint things
You’re looking at it with a Nigerian mentality
Oyinbo believe that if you marrry a person you’ll do things together, the land will have her name on it too, the new car, new account etc. She dissent have to be in the US for them to have a joint gtbank account where he puts her monthly upkeep money etc
Hahahaha. You're funny. The man is established in the US, keeping joint land ownership in Nigeria alongside bank accounts..na wa for this your best mentality of.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by kunle75(m): 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2023
RoeEvi:
Both should go to the embassy

Even if they did,it might not make any difference.
In this case I will always advise them to hire an attorney who's residence in the state. That's the only way.

1 Like

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by kunle75(m): 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

Please I need you inputs on this.

My Uncle who is a Citizen in USA filed to bring his wife in Nigeria whom he married in 2020 to the United States in that same year 2020.

Luckily after a very long wait time, the USA Embassy in Nigeria called the wife for interview after 2 years in the year 2022.

She went for the interview and was not given the Spousal visa or Green card or whatever they call it undecided

They told her to get more evidence of their marriage as the Visa Officers were not convinced they were married.

They fixed her to come after 2 months from the first interview date.

Before the second interview date, my Uncle in USA fell terribly sick were he could not speak atall.

They could not communicate with themselves at this stage.

She went for the second interview after the two months and was not given visa again.

My Uncle's case got worse that he was even brought back to Nigeria in January 2023.

Now my question is this, in such case, can the wife still get the USA Spousal Visa on her own at this stage?

What can she do to still get the Spousal Visa from here?

My Uncle is still in Nigeria as we speak.

Experienced USA migration experts, what can she do?

They should hire an attorney (resident) to help them do the job. The man should know better.

But wait,your uncle is in Naija already, why not wait till his health improve and can appear together with her ,with more evidence because US is serious lately when it comes to marriage document conducted and presented by Nigerians.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by olagunte4divine: 5:21pm On Dec 24, 2023
If her spouse is back in Nigeria, the VO will not approve the visa application.Nursing your uncle back to good health should be her number one priority.If her spouse is back in Nigeria, the VO will not approve the visa application.Nursing your uncle back to good health should be her number one priority....

2 Likes

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by dominique(f): 5:33pm On Dec 24, 2023
Amayabor1:
You are more concerned about your uncle's wife going to the US than your uncle's health.

You are related to this said woman that wants to go to the US by all means. But because you will get backlash, you came here to lie that you are related to the man.

Her husband is in Nigeria sick, what is she going to the US for?

Self-centered people!

That's if she's not the woman in question. Your husband is dying yet all you're concerned about is how to get a visa to japa. I weak for some people

2 Likes

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Yankee101: 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2023
aestake:

Hahahaha. You're funny. The man is established in the US, keeping joint land ownership in Nigeria alongside bank accounts..na wa for this your best mentality of.

Your wife no go go join you be that
Automatic denial
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by MrJames007: 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2023
Shey the husband is now in Nigeria. Make she rest.

3 Likes

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by aestake: 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2023
Yankee101:

Your wife no go go join you be that
Automatic denial
Are you in America?
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Whatisurproblem(m): 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2023
RoeEvi:
Both should go to the embassy
why are you wasting precious advice like this sef, leave them, when they are denied like 30times, they will use Dem brain

1 Like

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Yankee101: 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2023
aestake:

Are you in America?

So you think I was just talking about what I didn’t know anything about?
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by aestake: 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2023
MrJames007:
Shey the husband is now in Nigeria. Make she rest.
I tire o.

1 Like

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by aestake: 6:29pm On Dec 24, 2023
Yankee101:

So you think I was just talking about what I didn’t know anything about?
You're not. Those you listed are for those who filed for i485- adjustment of status. What embassy needed before now were call records, flight tickets used to visit her, hotel bills, photos together and with others etc.

1 Like

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by id4sho(m): 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

My Uncle who is a Citizen in USA filed to bring his wife in Nigeria whom he married in 2020 to the United States in that same year 2020.

Luckily after a very long wait time, the USA Embassy in Nigeria called the wife for interview after 2 years in the year 2022.

She went for the interview and was not given the Spousal visa or Green card or whatever they call it undecided

They told her to get more evidence of their marriage as the Visa Officers were not convinced they were married.

Before the second interview date, my Uncle in USA fell terribly sick were he could not speak atall.

She went for the second interview after the two months and was not given visa again.

My Uncle's case got worse that he was even brought back to Nigeria in January 2023.

Now my question is this, in such case, can the wife still get the USA Spousal Visa on her own at this stage?

He's health is more important, others will fall in place undecided
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by id4sho(m): 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2023
dominique:

That's if she's not the woman in question. Your husband is dying yet all you're concerned about is how to get a visa to japa. I weak for some people
Gold diggers na, may we not fall for jezebels
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Smartguyboy(m): 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2023
Funflipper:

It is not enough. You have to back it up with photos and other documents.

Wow 😮
Surprised
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Elonmuzk(m): 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2023
What is she going to do in US when her husband is battling for his life in Nigeria? She is not getting the visa. She should pray her husband recovers, if not, her American dream is already dashed.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by kpolli(m): 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

Even if they grant her a visa; she can't enter USA without him being there so the answer is No. She should think of getting the man better then once he is able to travel back; continue her visa journey
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Levels1(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

I think she has no business in going to USA anymore since her husband is back in town. I think her duty as a responsible and good wife is to take care of the sick husband

1 Like

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by rezzy: 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

Let her get pregnant and give birth, so that the child can be a citizen.

Let her get enough call records from WhatsApp to show they have been communicating
Let her get pictures of the wedding and other pictures of them with other family members.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by rezzy: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2023
remiopash:

The time between her marriage and the visa application was short.The visa officer suspected a fraud (mariage for visa) .She should have waited for atleast two years after the marriage before applying for the visa , and the husband should have visited her once (in Nigeria)at least once after the marriage before applying. There should be evidence of communication e.g whatsapp messages e.t.c.

As it is now, they need to have a child before the consular will believe them that the marriage is genuine.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Xkale1996(m): 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

the woman is a gold digger..her husband is sick here In Nigeria

Na her father house she wan go nii
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Yankee101: 10:16pm On Dec 24, 2023
aestake:

You're not. Those you listed are for those who filed for i485- adjustment of status. What embassy needed before now were call records, flight tickets used to visit her, hotel bills, photos together and with others etc.

He’s not applying for a K-1 fiancé visa for her but basically a green card

An adjustment of status is also a green card application

Spousal proof of evidence are basically the same in or out of nigeria. What you listed can be an addition but no one will give you a green card with just call logs and flight tickets, That’s why they gave her 2 weeks to go and return cos what you mentioned I’m sure she had all those. Your lives must co-mingle as a married couple. If you’ve never lived together but just married her and left you’re going to have a suspicious marriage.”, and marrying just for the purpose of a green card is not allowed under the USCIS rules

1 Like

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by mercysamuelson(m): 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2023
RoeEvi Both should go to the embassy

To go do wetin? Spousal visa is strict. The husband sef no go fit enter the embassy with the wife if he's not invited. Same I was told before my interview. The wife needs to gather more evidence to convince the CO that their union isn't fixed if she doesn't want her file to be sent back to USCIS for them to start all over. She need to act up now.

1 Like

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by mercysamuelson(m): 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2023
rezzy

My sister applied immediately after her marriage, that was 2021.she married March, and applied in June.
She got her interview date this year October.

Truly, they need a child together plus enough pictures, and WhatsApp call records

Having a child together isn't part of the requirements and no one would be denied for that.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Funflipper: 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Wow 😮
Surprised

That is the way it is with the US embassy. Including telephone records because they want to see a steady flow of communication as it should between couples. Any slip up invalidates the whole process.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by mercysamuelson(m): 11:01pm On Dec 24, 2023
ovie8200

That's not true. Married couple visa is within one year and fiancé is only six months. Things are taking longer now due to the COVID-19 still. No need waiting if your relationshion is genuine and your relationship with courtship. Don't give advise if you have no knowledge of it.

No mind am. My wife filed for me just after 5 months of getting married in Nigeria but COVID surfaced and put everything to a stop including Trump's ban on Nigerians. And immediately Biden came in and lifted the ban, COVID issues went down and I got my interview date. Went for my interview, I was given form in which I was I asked to get a joint sponsorship because my wife doesn't file the current tax papers. So after submitting necessary joint sponsorship papers, They issued my visa
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by aestake: 11:36pm On Dec 24, 2023
Yankee101:

He’s not applying for a K-1 fiancé visa for her but basically a green card

An adjustment of status is also a green card application

Spousal proof of evidence are basically the same in or out of nigeria. What you listed can be an addition but no one will give you a green card with just call logs and flight tickets, That’s why they gave her 2 weeks to go and return cos what you mentioned I’m sure she had all those. Your lives must co-mingle as a married couple. If you’ve never lived together but just married her and left you’re going to have a suspicious marriage.”, and marrying just for the purpose of a green card is not allowed under the USCIS rules
Nope, they are not same. Living together evidence are different from oversea's. You're not an attorney of immigration. Go to Jim hacking and get to know the proof of bonfide marriage consulate-wise.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Yankee101: 12:45am On Dec 25, 2023
aestake:

Nope, they are not same. Living together evidence are different from oversea's. You're not an attorney of immigration. Go to Jim hacking and get to know the proof of bonfide marriage consulate-wise.

Well keep giving them wrong advice and keep getting them denied
Everything you need to know about American immigration can be found at the official US govt website USCIS.gov and not some 3rd party website
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by aestake: 12:54am On Dec 25, 2023
Yankee101:

Well keep giving them wrong advice and keep getting them denied
Everything you need to know about American immigration can be found at the official US govt website USCIS.gov and not some 3rd party website
Us immigration attorneys are recognized. She may not even be getting the visa since the man is back to Nigeria and still in a terrible state. Evidence for consulate processing are different from i485's.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by yahoodetector: 1:00am On Dec 25, 2023
Khariza:
The supposed husband is terribly sick and was brought to Nigeria, so why focusing on getting the US Spousal Visa on her own at this point?

Except they don't get to know of his condition and whereabout, otherwise she will be denied the visa once again.

The OP Nicelegs might be the "wife" in question or may be in collusion with her. Whichever way, the man is not the centre of focus... marriage is not even the centre of focus for the woman...that visa is what she wants and God being so merciful decided to work his wonder by shattering everything.

The man is back and she still wants to go to US!

She has alterior motives

2 Likes

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by yahoodetector: 1:03am On Dec 25, 2023
Amayabor1:
You are more concerned about your uncle's wife going to the US than your uncle's health.

You are related to this said woman that wants to go to the US by all means. But because you will get backlash, you came here to lie that you are related to the man.

Her husband is in Nigeria sick, what is she going to the US for?

Self-centered people!

She and the said wife have alterior motives. God has shamed them.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by rafcrown(m): 1:22am On Dec 25, 2023
Appease the village people first Kolanut, alligator pepper, schnapps etc
cjscon:
Village people at it again,
But court wedding should be helpful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airports: Where Do Seized Items Go To After Check In ? / There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One / Niger Republic Dumps Nigeria, Opts For Ghana, Cotonou Ports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.