Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? (17356 Views)

Why A Nigerian Was Denied Schengen Visa (Refusal Letter) / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa / So Sad Now!!! I Was Denied Visa Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Atlantis585: 1:33pm On Dec 24, 2023
femi4:
Proof

Without convincing evidence, she will continue to get denied. They will always check her records to know why she was denied and if there is no improvement, don't expect the result to change.

You can't continue to do things same way and expect a different result.

It's shouldn't be a rocket science to provide enough evidence that you are married to someone

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by akube34: 1:34pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

Please I need you inputs on this.

My Uncle who is a Citizen in USA filed to bring his wife in Nigeria whom he married in 2020 to the United States in that same year 2020.

Luckily after a very long wait time, the USA Embassy in Nigeria called the wife for interview after 2 years in the year 2022.

She went for the interview and was not given the Spousal visa or Green card or whatever they call it undecided

They told her to get more evidence of their marriage as the Visa Officers were not convinced they were married.

They fixed her to come after 2 months from the first interview date.

Before the second interview date, my Uncle in USA fell terribly sick were he could not speak atall.

They could not communicate with themselves at this stage.

She went for the second interview after the two months and was not given visa again.

My Uncle's case got worse that he was even brought back to Nigeria in January 2023.

Now my question is this, in such case, can the wife still get the USA Spousal Visa on her own at this stage?

What can she do to still get the Spousal Visa from here?

My Uncle is still in Nigeria as we speak.

Experienced USA migration experts, what can she do?
this visa should no be her priority now. Her husband should be. When he gets well, they would sort it out. Unless say she just marry am for papers

1 Like

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by DWJOBScom(m): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2023
femi4:
Proof

Without convincing evidence, she will continue to get denied. They will always check her records to know why she was denied and if there is no improvement, don't expect the result to change.

You can't continue to do things same way and expect a different result.

It's shouldn't be a rocket science to provide enough evidence that you are married to someone

Abi o
There's more to the story abeg
Even the OP is telling half truth

1 Like

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by DWJOBScom(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2023
o123456789:
Solution (1) Get a valid proof of marriage i.e physical court marriage, no placeholder or getting married to an enlarged photo of the man. (2) Get one or two kids with the man. Situations like this are rampant in Edo state.
Furthermore, why will a man return back to Nigeria because of health issues, when USA is the home of good health? or is it lack of funds to pay for hospital bills? Well if it is lack of funds then this should be a lesson to new or intending migrants, always get health insurance before anything else.

They probably think it's traditional
Will want to try another means

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by raddyworld: 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2023
Seems an arrangee parole.
But maybe since they have paid the man. They still want to go.....
Abegi come out plain

1 Like

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by ovie8200: 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2023
remiopash:

The time between her marriage and the visa application was short.The visa officer suspected a fraud (mariage for visa) .She should have waited for atleast two years after the marriage before applying for the visa , and the husband should have visited her once (in Nigeria)at least once after the marriage before applying. There should be evidence of communication e.g whatsapp messages e.t.c.

As it is now, they need to have a child before the consular will believe them that the marriage is genuine.

That's not true. Married couple visa is within one year and fiancé is only six months. Things are taking longer now due to the COVID-19 still. No need waiting if your relationshion is genuine and your relationship with courtship. Don't give advise if you have no knowledge of it.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Bossman(m): 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2023
This has fake marriage written all over it! They asked for more evidence, and somehow she could not provide it, and the person she married to fell sick, that he could not even communicate. And this same person is now in Nigeria. Then why does she still need the visa to go to the USA. No visa officer will believe this nonsense! The visa officer sniffed out this fake marriage quickly, and she has probably been banned.

2 Likes

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Yankee101: 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2023
Her visa is based on his applying for her
They may interpret his inability or refusal to give her more supporting document as a change in mind
You can try using an American immigration lawyer

I hope the case has no K leg were the guy no longer wants to file for her but she wants to go behind him

They gave you more time to produce more evidence, pictures, joint accounts, joint leases, joint assets, affidavits of support, wedding documents, signs of previous cohabitation etc

2 Likes

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by aestake: 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2023
9jaBloke:
Your uncle was brought back to Nigeria from the United States for medical attention

When your uncle makes full recovery, they can visit the embassy together.
Never a good thing to have the USC at the embassy for things like this.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by aestake: 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2023
Yankee101:
I they may interpret his inability or refusal to give her more supporting document as a change in mind

I hope the case has no K leg were the guy no longer wants to file for her but she wants to go behind him

They gave you more time to produce more evidence, pictures, joint accounts, joint leases, joint assets, affidavits of support, wedding documents, signs of previous cohabitation etc
Joint what? Is the woman in the US?
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by junketer(m): 2:13pm On Dec 24, 2023
So no marriage certificate. No wedding pictures or court pictures together. What does your husband do in american. Do you have kids. Where are they? If you have kids here in Nigeria and you travel to america who will look after your kids?
I believe this woman is lying. When it was time to go back to the embassy, the husband conveniently fell so sick he couldn't even talk. Her husband left america with very good doctors and hospitals and came back to nigeria to be treated by quacks and in dilapidated hospitals. Op, you dey hide something. Say the truth abeg.

3 Likes

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by InvertedHammer: 2:13pm On Dec 24, 2023
Cantonese:
Hmmm.

By the way, what’s she getting the visa for when the man she supposedly wants to meet in America is not only sick, but back home to Nigeria, on account of his failing health?

If the embassies say not enough evidence, get the needed evidence of your claim. Is fudge is properly married, she needs to take along her marriage certificate and wedding pictures. Dem get so?
/

She is not interested in the marriage.

She is only interested in migrating to USA.

/

2 Likes

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Yankee101: 2:14pm On Dec 24, 2023
aestake:

Joint what? Is the woman in the US?

You don’t have to be in the US to have joint things
You’re looking at it with a Nigerian mentality
Oyinbo believe that if you marrry a person you’ll do things together, the land will have her name on it too, the new car, new account etc. She dissent have to be in the US for them to have a joint gtbank account where he puts her monthly upkeep money etc
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by BreconHills(m): 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

My Uncle who is a Citizen in USA filed to bring his wife in Nigeria whom he married in 2020 to the United States in that same year 2020.

Luckily after a very long wait time, the USA Embassy in Nigeria called the wife for interview after 2 years in the year 2022.

She went for the interview and was not given the Spousal visa or Green card or whatever they call it undecided

They told her to get more evidence of their marriage as the Visa Officers were not convinced they were married.

Before the second interview date, my Uncle in USA fell terribly sick were he could not speak atall.

She went for the second interview after the two months and was not given visa again.

My Uncle's case got worse that he was even brought back to Nigeria in January 2023.

Now my question is this, in such case, can the wife still get the USA Spousal Visa on her own at this stage?

I suspect she is not very eloquent. Eloquence without bs is key in the US process. She should tend to her husband first. I am sure if they enter the embassy together she will get it. Health first, the rest will follow.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Father4all: 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
No, brother she get the VISA
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Creamypie(m): 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2023
Brendaniel:
Which is more important to the woman, seeing her husband get well or traveling to USA?

This question alone raises red flags to the embassy, the person you desperately want to be with is already with you, then what exactly are you going there for based on the reason she wants to travel...
she's a selfish woman. She's more after locating abroad than her bubby getting well. She doesn't want to loose the opportunity, in the event he becomes incapacitated or worse. Women
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by CoronaVirusPro: 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2023
RoeEvi:
Both should go to the embassy

Case closed!
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by linearity: 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

When she was denied the first time, unlike non-immigrant visa where they will give you a very vague catch-all reason for the denial in immigration visa like spousal visa, they will tell you specific documents you have to produce, in fact in many cases they will give you a piece of paper containing various categories of documents and check off the items you are missing.

Before the next interview try to get those documents. It appear she did not get them in 2020 and may have gone there with a plausible excuse which they did not accept.

By now it is possible her visa may have been denied by the embassy and returned back to USCIS in the US for further processing or final denied from USCIS, so even if you contact the embassy they may no longer have your case with them.

The good news is that, your uncle can also refill another application anytime, he has to meet the requirements e.g. must be resident in the USA, must be working and making at least the minimum required salary for his family size as stipulated in the I864 that he will later file, evidence of a bonafide marriage, evidence that they are planning to, living as husband and wife, etc.

1 Like

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Bluffly: 2:42pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

She should be patient and wait for the husband to get better. Also pictures of matters, joint properties or investments, ...... as proof
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Chinny024(f): 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

If the uncle being the husband is in Nigeria..What is she going there to do and on whose name..
It's a normal ideology here..The person who is meant to bring u as a principal applicant is no longer there,case closed. Consulates won't even look at her face if she dare worry them....

Can u live in Jericho and want to take someone to Dubai to come and meet u?..Abi human beings get spare parts too..
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by linearity: 2:45pm On Dec 24, 2023
juliuscaesar:
I am sure there are questions they must have asked her about her husband, that she could not answer. Consulate visa officers usually base their refusal or approval based on basic questions that any normal married couple would know about each other. When she was refused they 1st time and asked to bring more evidence. The only evidence she could have brought was for your uncle to return to Nigeria and follow her to the interview. If he has not returned to Nigeria since they got married, and she can not provide evidence that they have been communicating almost on a daily basis since they got married. Then she will be refused. Don't forget, they are most times judging marriage from their own society than the country of the applicant. How can you say you are married to someone, and you don't speak almost everyday. You don't know the company they work for or business they do abroad. You can answer basic questions about your spouse and you want them to believe it is a good faith marriage. No way.

Sponsors are not allowed to attend interviews with Applicants unless in the case of minors or language interpretation is required.

But the other stuff on evidence of marriage are spot on.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by linearity: 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2023
Yankee101:
I they may interpret his inability or refusal to give her more supporting document as a change in mind

If the guy is having a change of mind, even an America immigration lawyer can’t help help.

The man can change his mind and withdraw the application anytime before the visa is issued and can also refused or oppose the removal of conditional residency.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by chidiakwari: 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

this is a pure lie. When you’re refused an immigrant visa, they will tell you what is missing and what you need to provide.

Your aunt did not know the man she married and it shows it’s actually a marriage fraud here.

Consular filling of spousal immigration comes with just validating information of the spouse(petitioner).

There is no way you can prove anything aside pictures, words, marriage certificate and his trips back to Nigeria.

Here, you both do not need to prove that you are living together, have co-mingling of resources or bank accounts or utilities.

Everything rest on the documents you provide( marriage certificate, wedding and courtship pictures and validating information about your spouse (petitioner)

Your aunt doesn’t know about her husband and she is obviously not getting information about the husband accurately which shows she didn’t know the man she married.

They can wheel the husband along with her to the next interview. That is if he is alive. If he is dead, there are other humanitarian ways she can which would not be possible or difficult since she is in Nigeria.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by sunboy(m): 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2023
This is weird but …

The husband is sick and in Nigeria, why is she still looking to go to the US on her own? Unless it’s truely a sham marriage.

And now she manage to fail again after given a chance to get her documents together 🤔 unless it’s truly sham. Immigrant visas take time but they are not usually denied.

If she tries again while husband is still in Nigeria she will be denied.

But when husband is okay and go back to the US, yes they can reapply.

They gave her a big chance by asking for RFE and rescheduling her. Next time she’s going, she should get all proof of their marriage.

If possible, marriage certificate, pictures from wedding, pictures of the couples prior to the marriage (dated, to show how long they’ve known each other), flight tickets of when husband have visited (recommended to be atleast 2 times before filing), with all these they should be fine.

Unpopular opinion, I always advice people to file fiancé visa K1 instead of direct green card. K1 is much faster, easier and less documentation for proof of marriage.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Impliment: 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2023
Since the husband is now in Nigeria due to ill health, she should focus on getting him back to his feet then they will go together to the embassy and prove their marriage beyond reasonable doubt.

1 Like

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Megabig: 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2023
Her approval is based on what improved from the previous denial.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by owagbeba: 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

This question is very odd.

The man is very sick and can not speak.
The sick Man is now in Nigeria.
Wife is applying to get a visa to the US
She could not provide all necessary document for the second interview because of the sickness.
She still went for the interview rather than reschedule

Which is more important, tending the sick hubby or migrating to US?

1 Like

Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by tolugar: 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

The husband should take their marriage certificate and register it in the USA then she should reapply with other relevant docs.
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by UNDFTD: 3:55pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

There's absolutely NOTHING the purported wife can do if she can NOT convince the Embassy official that the marriage is genuine. The only thing she can do to get the fiancée (K-1 visa) is to provide the required documentation: pictures to show both of them together at different times and different locations and any other proof to convince the US Embassy, otherwise, she would NOT be able to get the K-1 visa. Good luck!
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Qatar2022: 4:02pm On Dec 24, 2023
NiceLegs:
Hello everyone.

She will not get the visa until the man is fully recovered and they confirmed from him
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by Qatar2022: 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2023
Cantonese:
Hmmm.

By the way, what’s she getting the visa for when the man she supposedly wants to meet in America is not only sick, but back home to Nigeria, on account of his failing health?

If the embassies say not enough evidence, get the needed evidence of your claim. Is fudge is properly married, she needs to take along her marriage certificate and wedding pictures. Dem get so?
She is desperate
Re: She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? by rajiedreez: 4:08pm On Dec 24, 2023
You said your uncle is still in Nigeria and the supposed wife is concerned about getting USA visa, if na you be interviewer, will you give her visa? Which husband does she want to go and join in the USA. It's still your uncle that can help her and he's in Nigeria now. She shouldn't have gone for that 2nd interview, or better still she could go there to inform them that her husband is unwell that she's not prepared for the interview yet. This could help her case to show genuineness and love in their marriage.
It's not rocket science for the consular to know that she loves the Visa more than her marriage and husband if she goes again all alone, especially when her husband isn't in the USA at the moment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park / Airports: Where Do Seized Items Go To After Check In ? / There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.