Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou (14308 Views)

She Built A House In Lagos Without Informing Her Husband / "My Wife Secretly Married Another Man, Tried To Poison Me & Sell My Duplex" / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by Dense1512v(m): 11:32pm On Dec 25, 2023
Before she will do that the husband must have done something for her to keep the secret.
Fear we men we are too much
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by nickyvil: 1:59am On Dec 26, 2023
Most time its not about the husband, its about the uncertain future, no one knows what the future might hold so women are now doing things in their name especially properties, my wife told my mom point blank that every of her properties will be in her name which my mom understands, I do to and we never heard any issues with that, not that she doesn't trust me but its just a normal thing to do. Its her money and have right. My problem is not her building but her father's house, that is bad investment.

ZIMDRILL:

i understand all that, the fact that the women went to built a house in her father's compound, it means she doesnt see the dynamics that might came later

Then we also have to question the leadership of the house aka husband why the wife chose that route, roughly meaning their is lack of communication, future plans between the two. Or wife is reacting to something we dont know hence i responded that its complex becoz we dont know the dynamics in the house
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:48am On Dec 26, 2023
nickyvil:
Most time its not about the husband, its about the uncertain future, no one knows what the future might hold so women are now doing things in their name especially properties, my wife told my mom point blank that every of her properties will be in her name which my mom understands, I do to and we never heard any issues with that, not that she doesn't trust me but its just a normal thing to do. Its her money and have right. My problem is not her building but her father's house, that is bad investment.

i get you and i rest you woman to say it out straight in open
But do you know once behaviour is sometimes due to the environment/ society behaviour or observation
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by nickyvil: 5:59am On Dec 26, 2023
The truth is, our society and culture believe is when a woman marry, she should submit all she has to his husband cos the husband owns her which its wrong, our culture render the woman as slave to the man, but now the women are waking up. Everybody is entitled to his/her money. The same reason why most men wont put Mr and Mrs in his document its the same reason a woman should have her document in her name.

ZIMDRILL:

i get you and i rest you woman to say it out straight in open
But do you know once behaviour is sometimes due to the environment/ society behaviour or observation

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:06am On Dec 26, 2023
nickyvil:
The truth is, our society and culture believe is when a woman marry, she should submit all she has to his husband cos the husband owns her which its wrong, our culture render the woman as slave to the man, but now the women are waking up. Everybody is entitled to his/her money. The same reason why most men wont put Mr and Mrs in his document its the same reason a woman should have her document in her name.

i totally understand you, the problem is men, they think women, are not learning from the mistakes of their mothers but the truth there are

Then the same men are sending their daughters to skol and learn, she each generation of women is getting smarter than the last, while some men are stuck in the status quo of all times and when a learned woman makes a smart move that protect her and the kids, men start to think she is preparing to divroce me soon but the truth is she doesnt want to be in poverty like the women before her

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by nickyvil: 6:11am On Dec 26, 2023
I understand you and your right too but to be honest, this is not new but limited in the past days, there are few women in the past who have things in their name, my mom is inclusive that is why my mom asked my wife the question to know how smart she is, but to be honest so many of our man are not trying . they just want to be the controlling freak, you have your properties in your name but want your wife to submit hers to you. This is selfish to me.

ZIMDRILL:

i totally understand you, the problem is men, they think women, are not learning from the mistakes of their mothers but the truth there are

Then the same men are sending their daughters to skol and learn, she each generation of women is getting smarter than the last, while some men are stuck in the status quo of all times and when a learned woman makes a smart move that protect her and the kids, men start to think she is preparing to divroce me soon but the truth is she doesnt want to be in poverty like the women before her
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by BluntCrazeMan: 6:30am On Dec 26, 2023
ogawisdom:
Hmmm why is she hiding it from me?
To continuing billing me I guess?

I will ignore her and unleash my own secret on her.

It means we will keep alot of secrets in that marriage, who says I can't secretly marry and start another family elsewhere before kicking her out angry

NB I will support her if she is open about it and has been supporting in our home.

The day she comes to bill me again.

I will just chip in something like:
“Go and sell ten bags of cement from your building site and use the money to settle whatever you want to settle”..

She will be like: “What are you talking about?”

Then I go like: “The house you're building,, sell some of the cement you already bought, and you have the money to do whatever you want to do”
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by zoedew: 7:41am On Dec 26, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Okay ooooo. Are you married?

If you know what majority of God fearing husbands are suffering courtesy of their wives.

Men of God are not excluded from this.
A lot stems from the wrong teachings on marriage presently on-going in Christian circles. A lot of the teachings are based on Western values that have so far produced a depraved society. African traditional values on marriage make for stability of the family and encourage couples to go through the thick and thin of life together.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by ogawisdom(m): 8:59am On Dec 26, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

The day she comes to bill me again.

I will just chip in something like:
“Go and sell ten bags of cement from your building site and use the money to settle whatever you want to settle”..

She will be like: “What are you talking about?”

Then I go like: “The house you're building,, sell some of the cement you already bought, and you have the money to do whatever you want to do”

Lol grin Stay cool

Or you ask her whether she has run out on building materials and needed your money to buy more.

That gender always thinks they are wiser.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:13am On Dec 26, 2023
nickyvil:
I understand you and your right too but to be honest, this is not new but limited in the past days, there are few women in the past who have things in their name, my mom is inclusive that is why my mom asked my wife the question to know how smart she is, but to be honest so many of our man are not trying . they just want to be the controlling freak, you have your properties in your name but want your wife to submit hers to you. This is selfish to me.

I agree with you that most men are control freak.

Is your mom Yoruba?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by nickyvil: 9:42am On Dec 26, 2023
Yes, both my parents are yoruba

emmanuelewumi:

I agree with you that most men are control freak.

Is your mom Yoruba?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:37am On Dec 26, 2023
nickyvil:
Yes, both my parents are yorruba

I am also Yoruba.

It is a common thing for Yoruba women to build houses.

My late grandma had houses, my late mum had a house, all my sisters have investment properties that are generating rental income.

As a matter of fact my share from the sale of my late grandma's house was a little over N10 million which I have tripled by investing it Dangote Sugar shares in January 2023.

Encouraging our wives to have properties in their names is one of the ways of giving our children a quick headstart

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by nickyvil: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2023
Same thing here, we have houses in most of the city in lagos and Ogun state, some other state too. Its very good to invest especially in properties . I don't even depends on my grands and parents properties cos what I have for myself is enough to last me. Family ways of life do affect the family either positive or negative. Its very good for husband to support and encourage his wife to have properties and have diversity investment .

emmanuelewumi:

I am also Yoruba.

It is a common thing for Yoruba women to build houses.

My late grandma had houses, my late mum had a house, all my sisters have investment properties that are generating rental income.

As a matter of fact my share from the sale of my late grandma's house was a little over N10 million which I have tripled by investing it Dangote Sugar shares in January 2023.

Encouraging our wives to have properties in their names is one of the ways of giving our children a quick headstart
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:51am On Dec 26, 2023
nickyvil:
Same thing here, we have houses in most of the city in lagos and Ogun state, some other state too. Its very good to invest especially in properties . I don't even depends on my grands and parents properties cos what I have for myself is enough to last me. Family ways of life do affect the family either positive or negative. Its very good for husband to support and encourage his wife to have properties and have diversity investment .

Grandma died almost 30 years ago, all her children are dead.

Property is old, rental income is not encouraging, tenants are owing,about N30 million will be needed to renovate the property in order to get a rental income of N6 million per annum.

The 8 grandchildren could not agree on how to fund the project and how subsequent rental income will be shared.

So the best option is to sell and everyone can reinvest their share from the disposal of the property

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by Hedgefunds: 10:52am On Dec 26, 2023
@CaveAdullam where in lag u reside ?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by CaveAdullam: 10:58am On Dec 26, 2023
Hedgefunds:
@CaveAdullam where in lag u reside ?

Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by Hedgefunds: 11:17am On Dec 26, 2023
CaveAdullam:

Ojodu Berger.

Hia... Very far
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by CaveAdullam: 11:18am On Dec 26, 2023
Hedgefunds:

Hia... Very far

Where do you stay?
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by nickyvil: 11:27am On Dec 26, 2023
We don't have problem on our side, first we have a lawyer who is in charge of the properties, the money is shared yearly. So in every house, we dedicate a 2 bedroom apartment for maintaining it yearly so there is no way there will be more wears as any things that is need to repair are done immediately. The only issue we have is some of the siblings want to contest the will since they are much on their side which he didnt favor them but the court already struck it out since there is will but only 2 properties are still in contest which granny share that when he was over 80years, its newly built and gave it to his last born.

emmanuelewumi:

Grandma died almost 30 years ago, all her children are dead.

Property is old, rental income is not encouraging, tenants are owing,about N30 million will be needed to renovate the property in order to get a rental income of N6 million per annum.

The 8 grandchildren could not agree on how to fund the project and how subsequent rental income will be shared.

So the best option is to sell and everyone can reinvest their share from the disposal of the property
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by Hedgefunds: 11:31am On Dec 26, 2023
CaveAdullam:

Where do you stay?

Egbeda
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:38am On Dec 26, 2023
nickyvil:
We don't have problem on our side, first we have a lawyer who is in charge of the properties, the money is shared yearly. So in every house, we dedicate a 2 bedroom apartment for maintaining it yearly so there is no way there will be more wears as any things that is need to repair are done immediately. The only issue we have is some of the siblings want to contest the will since they are much on their side which he didnt favor them but the court already struck it out since there is will but only 2 properties are still in contest which granny share that when he was over 80years, its newly built and gave it to his last born.

A lawyer is also in charge of the property sold

The N30 million is for renovation and restructuring.

In an area where land alone is over N60 million, but rental income is just N2 million. In order to increase the rental income to N6 million the property needed to be modernized.

I think selling and sharing is better. My cousin used his to buy 2 plots of land, my sister bought an uncompleted property, another one used it to complete a property.

I understand financial assets better than real estate, I invested mine in Dangote Sugar shares and I have turned it to over N30 million.

Sold and bought FGN bond at 16%, that will give an annual coupon of about N5 million for the next 18 years or thereabout

When a property is getting to the second generation, it is better to sell to either any of the siblings or outsiders and everyone can move on to grow and multiply their windfall

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by CaveAdullam: 11:44am On Dec 26, 2023
Hedgefunds:

Egbeda

Truth is that I don't know much places in Lagos.

It is well.

Thanks anyways.

But before the new season wear out, I will find my way there.

Well done, chief.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by Hedgefunds: 11:47am On Dec 26, 2023
CaveAdullam:

Truth is that I don't know much places in Lagos.

It is well.

Thanks anyways.

But before the new season wear out, I will find my way there.

Well done, chief.

That will be great.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by nickyvil: 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2023
Your right but not all properties especially in a good area, I don't see us selling some of our properties in the next 50 years cos of the locations.

emmanuelewumi:

A lawyer is also in charge of the property sold

The N30 million is for renovation and restructuring.

In an area where land alone is over N60 million, but rental income is just N2 million. In order to increase the rental income to N6 million the property needed to be modernized.

I think selling and sharing is better. My cousin used his to buy 2 plots of land, my sister bought an uncompleted property, another one used it to complete a property.

I understand financial assets better than real estate, I invested mine in Dangote Sugar shares and I have turned it to over N30 million.

Sold and bought FGN bond at 16%, that will give an annual coupon of about N5 million for the next 18 years or thereabout

When a property is getting to the second generation, it is better to sell to either any of the siblings or outsiders and everyone can move on to grow and multiply their windfall
Re: What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou by Bentoli(m): 7:26pm On Dec 26, 2023
hurryup123:
I will go and build a Duplex in my side chicks family House of which she must be away.
Since she doesn't have sense
Is this the sensible comment you are talking about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? / Change Of Name / Which Year Took The Most Important People In Your Life ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.