Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida (16154 Views)

Unongo: We Supported Buhari In 2015, Risked Our Lives, History Will Judge Him / Ibrahim Musa Kazaure: I Deserve To Be Jailed Over How I Served Nigeria / Aisha Yesufu & EndSARS: History Will Be Kind To This Woman In End SARS Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by GuruboiNaija: 4:27pm On Dec 24, 2023
Former Nigerian military Head of State, General Ibrahim Babangida, has said history will judge him for his service to Nigeria, stressing that he served the country to the best of his ability.

Babangida said his greatest achievement was to know more about the country and make friends across the board.

Addressing journalists at his Hilltop residence in Minna, Niger State, the former Nigerian leader, however, admitted to adopting coercion and dialogue as leadership styles.

When asked about his achievements during his time as Head of State, he said, “Number one is that I served the country the best I could.

“It may not be to your satisfaction but to the best that I could; I leave that to history to judge.

“I related fairly well with the people of the country. I had no problem with them and I got to know the country more as I was well travelled.

“I made friends all over the country and I thought that was one of the greatest achievements.”

IBB, as he’s popularly referred to, urged young Nigerians to understand the country because they are the leaders of tomorrow.

“You have an opportunity now as young people, get to know the country, study the country, the people, and if you are able to do that or to understand that, basically, I think that will go a long way to prepare you for the eventual leadership of the country.

“Just like any other style, you are placed in a leadership position; your job is to lead people. You develop a situation where people look up to you to provide certain solutions to their problems or to their fears,” he added.
https://.ng/2023/12/24/history-will-judge-me-i-served-nigeria-best-way-i-could-babangida/

4 Likes

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Donwilson88: 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2023
Yet we can’t say we are proud of you!
You embraced corruption and taught others

Please contact us For your Academic Assignment, Articles, Thesis etc With a satisfying price, Chat us up- see WhatsApp number below (see signature)

92 Likes 10 Shares

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by GoodRocks: 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2023
If Nigeria was working, all these men would have Since been chilling in jail by now

152 Likes 9 Shares

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by johannu(m): 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2023
Not only history will judge him, God will judge him for the lives he wasted.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by delpee(f): 4:55pm On Dec 24, 2023
One of the major architects of where we are today....

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Brendaniel: 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2023
This one is talking because someone like Tinubu is president....

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Tk4all(m): 5:12pm On Dec 24, 2023
Properity will not be kind with this man if he did not say what transpired when he was the leader of this nation. Baba should atleast write a book for public consumption abeg

Nigerian secrets in dat man head too much to be taken to the grave like dat

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Bobloco: 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2023
Brendaniel:
This one is talking because someone like Tinubu is president....

He knows he was far better than the current president in all ramifications

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Natbrowny: 5:25pm On Dec 24, 2023
JUST DIE ALREADY

7 Likes

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by PriceActionZ: 5:25pm On Dec 24, 2023
foundation of present nigerian woes.
EVIL GENIUS

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Nwaokunkpara: 5:25pm On Dec 24, 2023
Odiegwu
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by SpatialKing(m): 5:25pm On Dec 24, 2023
Hmm
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by saddler: 5:25pm On Dec 24, 2023
undecided
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Thinktwicemybro: 5:26pm On Dec 24, 2023
Mr IMF

1 Like

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by AngelicBeing: 5:26pm On Dec 24, 2023
Shut up Maradona and enjoy your loot , posterity will judge you and other useless Leaders that turned Nigeria to the headquarters of extreme poverty in the worldsad

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Ololademrmoney2(m): 5:26pm On Dec 24, 2023
Dey play

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by ednut1(m): 5:26pm On Dec 24, 2023
Lol useless man

17 Likes

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by toprealman: 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2023
Donwilson88:
Yet we can’t say we are proud of you!
You embraced corruption and taught others
Looking at successive governments, he is not wrong!
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Paystack: 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2023
I wonder Wetin the give this criminals liver

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by money121(m): 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ika of Africa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by BBIA: 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2023
grin
Abacha is the best.

Undisputed

He is sending us money in death. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Bintry(f): 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2023
Wow
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by abobote: 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2023
Of course your only mistake was not killing Buhari when you removed him

You did far better than Buhari and his current successor

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by marsman: 5:28pm On Dec 24, 2023
Na peter Obi dey give all these maniacs reason to talk.
When an equally fraudulent maniac like peter obi, who supervised the massacre of youths in Anambra states and invested states fund into his family company, was painted as the next best thing after Jesus Christ by bigoted Nigerians, how wouldn't psychopath evil doers like this be talking.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by themainman600(m): 5:28pm On Dec 24, 2023
Olobuku
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by b0rn2fuck(m): 5:28pm On Dec 24, 2023
Paystack:
I wonder Wetin the give this criminals liver
because these current crops of criminals male the old criminal look like Saint

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2023
cry
Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by Blaze14k: 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2023
Please can we forget about these men who plunged Nigeria into this mess we are in now. You had ur chance and u failed

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Will Judge Me, I Served Nigeria Best Way I Could – Babangida by DARLINGTON869(m): 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2023
See who's talking. Posterity will not even hold you in high regard. Babangida is one of the core foundations of corruption in this country.

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products / Endsars Demonstrators Call Off Protests In Osun, Appreciate Youths’ Consciousnes / Afenifere Criticize Buhari Over "Trekking From Lagos To Ibadan" Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.