Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why (66784 Views)

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas / 5 Nigerian Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Modele Fatoyinbo: I Am Not Your Friend If You Don’t Celebrate Biodun Fatoyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by OneMillionBTC: 2:45am On Dec 26, 2023
Fasindo:
shocked

Please read this

On the argument that Christmas is a Pagan feast

Another Christmas, and the recycled argument continues on how 25th December is a pagan feast, and how Christ was not born on the 25th.

Some things don’t go well with me, arguments like this that don’t make any logical sense.

Let us agree that Jesus was not born on the 25th, can you kindly suggest to us a new date? And since you know he was not born on the 25th, it therefore means you know or have an idea of the date he was born. Tell us then.

I heard this same argument for Sunday. They said Sunday is a day of worship of the pagan Sun-god and that the meaning of Sunday came from the Sun-god.

I remembered sharing a detailed teaching and telling those propagating that message the reason for Sunday, being that it was the first day of the week, and Christ rose that day and started appearing to his disciples every first day of the week as they gathered behind closed doors in prayers.

I think I should not have wasted my time in doing that, what I should have done would have been to simply remind them that the days of the week as we have them today were all adopted. They are all pagan.

Monday is named after the god of the moon. Thursday is for the Norse god known in Modern English as Thor. Friday is named after the Anglo-Saxon goddess Fríge. Saturday is named after the Roman god Saturn.

There is this impression from some of you that once anything has a pagan origin it is evil and it is impossible for it to be 'Christianized.'

Well, unfortunately, many things came from the pagans, including the papyrus that was used to write the bible in those days. The tradition of offering visitors kolanut in Igbo culture is largely pagan. Even Baptism as we know it today as the pouring of water or immersion in rivers did not start with Christians. Eating pork is pagan. New yam festival is pagan. Ojuju Calabar is pagan.

What some of you fail to see is that the Christian faith must be planted in a culture for it to take root. Even St Paul while preaching to the Areopagus in Act 17:16-34 had to use what the Athens have as an altar to the "unknown god", to plant the message of the living and known God into them.

Once the Christian faith is planted in any culture, it uproots the bad in it and retains the good. This is why once you mention "Sunday" we think about the day of worship in church and not sun-god. This is why 25th December may not be the day Christ was born in your calculation, but it has taken a Christian dimension pushing aside whatever it was known with before. This is why the cross, which was pagan, and seen as a symbol of shame, has now taken a total different meaning the moment Christ was crucified on it.

The pagan cross moved from shame to fame, from gory to glory (let me be looking for rhyme words like a motivational speaker since na watin una wan hear. Nobody should stress me biko.)

#PurestPurity

From Fr. Kelvin Ugwu

Sweet.....

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Almunjid(m): 3:10am On Dec 26, 2023
sreamsense:
In christiandom, weather you celebrate Christmas or not is never a crime and optional. Choosing a day to mark a day Christ was born for our redemption worth celebrating. Jesus doesn't need to tell his followers to celebrate or not. How significant you weigh it in your mind will form your opinion or basis? God looks at the motive behind what man does. Jesus is loving saviour, he wouldn't have condemned such when he weighs motive behind the celebration.

It is not everything human knows how to do right in the presence of God, but his loving kindness shines on his followers with right motives weather you celebrate it or not. Even ordinary prayer, followers don't know how to pray right, it is the Holy Spirit that intercedes and reveal our right motives on prayer to God for answer. A compassionate Jesus that went about showing His loving kindness to sinners and humble hearts when he came to dwell among men can not condemn certain Christians for celebrating His birth or not. He doesn't need to tell Christians to do so before they do it or not. Jesus is loving, compassionate, kind and holy. If it were self-claimed prophet Mohammed, you can predict him because he doesn't love except hatred, killings, murder and law upon law. Mohammed can kill for celebrating his birth or not because he was full of hatred and wickedness.

However, Jesus is loving, he can't condemn certain followers because they celebrate him or not. At times, we only put unnecessary load upon ourselves that loving Christ never require from us
All what u said about prophet Muhammad were wrong. He's the opposite of all the points and allegations u just enumerated, go and read his history and stop believing in hearsays.
Did any Muslim insult Jesus? No, then why do u derive pleasure in insulting Prophet Muhammad? How would u feel if Jews call Jesus an imposter (not Messiah) but a false prophet? U won't feel good about it because u believe he's Messiah, the way, the truth etc. Careless talks about prophet Muhammad may get u killed someday by Muslim extremists, don't be used to saying things like this in the public.

Learn to respect other people's beliefs even though u don't share the same beliefs with them.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Emu4life(m): 3:16am On Dec 26, 2023
John360comng:

Everyone will get to see that the incoherent gibberish drunk is you who not only thinks he can disrespect the Christian God that is better looking and perfect than your god as we proceed.

Allah will even shake hands with people on the Day of Judgment!

104. 'Ubayy b. Ka'b (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "The first person with whom Allah will shake hands (on the Day of Judgment), will be 'Umar; and he will be the first man to whom Allah will pay salutation (say: Assalamu 'alaika) and he will be the first man whom He will hold with His Hand and make him enter the Paradise." (Sunan Ibn-I-Majah (Imam Abu Abdullah Muhammad b. Yazid Ibn-I-Maja Al-Qazwini), English version by Muhammad Tufail Ansari [Kazi Publications, Lahore (Pakistan), 1st edition 1993], Volume 1, Chapter NO. XI. Excellent Qualities of the Companions of Allah's Messenger, (ii) Excellence of 'Umar, Hadith Number 104, p. 60; underline emphasis ours)

Your god, allah is not a man but he is shaking Umar with hands grin
Is it the hands of human or Goat he used in shaking Umar?!!

Allah Actually Moves

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, "Our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior, comes every night down on the nearest Heaven to us when the last third of the night remains, saying: "Is there anyone to invoke Me, so that I may respond to invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me, so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?" (Sahih al-Bukhari 2:246)

Allah Has A Face

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
when this Verse:-- 'Say (O Muhammad!): He has Power to send torments on you from above,' (6.65) was revealed; The Prophet said, "I take refuge with Your Face." Allah revealed:-- '...or from underneath your feet.' (6.65) The Prophet then said, "I seek refuge with Your Face!" Then Allah revealed:-- '...or confuse you in party-strife.' (6.65) Oh that, the Prophet said, "This is easier." (Sahih al-Bukhari 9:503)

Allah Has A Hand and Fingers

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "Allah's Hand is full, and (its fullness) is not affected by the continuous spending, day and night." He also said, "Do you see what He has spent since He created the Heavens and the Earth? Yet all that has not decreased what is in His Hand." He also said, "His Throne is over the water and in His other Hand is the balance (of Justice) and He raises and lowers (whomever He will)." (See Hadith No. 206, Vol. 6) (Sahih al-Bukhari 9:508)

Narrated 'Abdullah:

A Jew came to the Prophet and said, "O Muhammad! Allah will hold the heavens on a Finger, and the mountains on a Finger, and the trees on a Finger, and all the creation on a Finger, and then He will say, 'I am the King.' " On that Allah's Apostle smiled till his premolar teeth became visible, and then recited:--

'No just estimate have they made of Allah such as due to him... (39.67) 'Abdullah added: Allah's Apostle smiled (at the Jew's statement) expressing his wonder and believe in what was said. (Sahih al-Bukhari 9:510)

Narrated 'Abdullah:

A man from the people of the scripture came to the Prophet and said, "O Abal-Qasim! Allah will hold the Heavens upon a Finger, and the Earth on a Finger and the land on a Finger, and all the creation on a Finger, and will say, 'I am the King! I am the King!' " I saw the Prophet (after hearing that), smiling till his premolar teeth became visible, and he then recited: -- 'No just estimate have they made of Allah such as due to him... (39.67) (Sahih al-Bukhari 9:511)

Bros go and sleep.
In your quest to bail your friends, you ended up making a fool of yourself.
Have you heard of the word HYPERBOLE ? I doubt, because you seem too thick to know.
Just so you know, you sounded so empty and completely lacked the knowledge of the subject of Discussion. You sound even dumber than your Christian Friends that Cowed away.
Do you think you are talking to a neophyte that you can just go to one of your delusional pages and copy/paste here?

The Concept of a God being born of a woman, eat, sleep, slumber, feel pain and even die is completely blasphemous and demeaning. That is why even some of your Christian brothers refuse to believe that shit.

The Bible said he who is born of a woman is not clean (Jobs 25 v 4-5).

Jesus was born of a Woman, so Jesus is not clean according to the Bible. Your God is not Puregrin

In the book of ISIAIAH 46 v 5,
" To whom will you liken me, and make me equal and compare me, that we may be alike? "

This is similar to the Chapter 112 of the Quran,

Say (oh! Muhammad) Allah is One. Allah the external, absolute. He beget not neither was he begotten[b]. And none is [b] comparable to him.

Why wont you Christians leave God in his divine form? Do you have to give him a partner which he so much detest?
For all we can see is some ambiguous bible verses contradicting the sole message of Jesus (Pbuh]). Throughout his stay on earth, he never claimed to be God or that he should be Worshipped rather he worshipped God himself.
Why are you people forcing what he is not on him??

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Emu4life(m): 3:25am On Dec 26, 2023
John360comng:

God is not a man but islam teaches your god is a book. The quran is said to be the uncreated speech of allah that became a book(kitab) of recitation.

A book made of trees and the Christian God that became a perfect man. Which is better?!

Also, Muhammad in the hadith maybe drink like you compared your god to the Dajjal who is said to be blind in one eye as Muhammad said your Lord is not blind in the other eye like the dajjal. Another hadith says the dajjal is short meaning your god is short but not one eyed like the dajjal. Also, the quran says that your allah has a shape, shin, etcetera and that the ummah will not recognise hin when he comes in another form.

Let's just say you are the drunk ignorant one here who doesn't know about islam and I will expose you for the antagonizing liar that you are the more we discuss. You can not continue to insult the Christians whose Jesus is perfect than your god.

Quran was written by a Tree Dafuq is this guy high on?? At this stage, even your fellow 'Son of God' worshippers will be laughing at you grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by omolola12345(m): 4:16am On Dec 26, 2023
It's about minding your own business. Celebrating the birth of Christ should be personal. When you know who is he to you and you have tasted his power of resurrection and it's working for you. You may decide to celebrate him by choosing a day for him and celebrate him. It may not be necessarily December 25. But this December 25 is a unanimous date chosen by the majority. And anyone is free to chose his or her own personal date and celebrate Jesus the Christ.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Sevenworldpower(m): 4:17am On Dec 26, 2023
Babathanks:

I worked with ministry of foreign affairs. They call it Christmas package. That's the title

It is mismonwr.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Fiscus105(m): 4:29am On Dec 26, 2023
UnfairLife7:
did he ask you guys to celebrate his birth? i only know of his death to be remembered

besides, it is written in the Bible, it is better to be in a place where they mourn than a place of jollyment

Did he ask you not to celebrate him as well?

Did bible say we shouldn't be in place of enjoyment? The marriage in canna where Jesus turned water to wine, I guess it was mournful place!
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Sillymoderators: 4:46am On Dec 26, 2023
sreamsense:
In christiandom, weather you celebrate Christmas or not is never a crime and optional. Choosing a day to mark a day Christ was born for our redemption worth celebrating. Jesus doesn't need to tell his followers to celebrate or not. How significant you weigh it in your mind will form your opinion or basis? God looks at the motive behind what man does. Jesus is loving saviour, he wouldn't have condemned such when he weighs motive behind the celebration.

It is not everything human knows how to do right in the presence of God, but his loving kindness shines on his followers with right motives weather you celebrate it or not. Even ordinary prayer, followers don't know how to pray right, it is the Holy Spirit that intercedes and reveal our right motives on prayer to God for answer. A compassionate Jesus that went about showing His loving kindness to sinners and humble hearts when he came to dwell among men can not condemn certain Christians for celebrating His birth or not. He doesn't need to tell Christians to do so before they do it or not. Jesus is loving, compassionate, kind and holy. If it were self-claimed prophet Mohammed, you can predict him because he doesn't love except hatred, killings, murder and law upon law. Mohammed can kill for celebrating his birth or not because he was full of hatred and wickedness.

However, Jesus is loving, he can't condemn certain followers because they celebrate him or not. At times, we only put unnecessary load upon ourselves that loving Christ never require from us
It would have been better if you keep quiet than this rubbish you are commenting. Are you Jesus personal assistant? Jesus mentioned the only thing you should do in remembrance of him, it is there in the Bible. You are here assuming what you want or how you see things from your mortal reasoning.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Sillymoderators: 4:48am On Dec 26, 2023
Almunjid:

All what u said about prophet Muhammad were wrong. He's the opposite of all the points and allegations u just enumerated, go and read his history and stop believing in hearsays.
Did any Muslim insult Jesus? No, then why do u derive pleasure in insulting Prophet Muhammad? How would u feel if Jews call Jesus an imposter (not Messiah) but a false prophet? U won't feel good about it because u believe he's Messiah, the way, the truth etc. Careless talks about prophet Muhammad may get u killed someday by Muslim extremists, don't be used to saying things like this in the public.

Learn to respect other people's beliefs even though u don't share the same beliefs with them.

Shalom!
There is nothing he said that is sensible even the ones about Christianity, the dude is dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Kukutenla: 5:12am On Dec 26, 2023
OBIDIENTNAIJA:

You know nothing. Purge yourself from fake doctrine and witness the renewal of your being in Christ Jesus.. Nobody is saying you shouldn't celebrate the birthday of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, but saying he was born on the 25th of December when it wasn't written in the bible. Jesus Christ was born in the month of October. That's why you people mark His death and resurrection in April every year instead of June.
Since he was born in the month of October, he lived for 33 and halve age, His 33rd birthday was October. 6 months later he was killed . When you count six months from October you will arrive at April. If it was in December, it will be in June. Do you mark his death and resurrection in June? Your answer is as good as mine.
No what you celebrate and purge yourself from ungodly activities. Anything that doesn't bring glory to God Almighty will be burned. Those celebrating Christmas are honouring the devil and will receive the devil's rewards.
Is it in the bible that he was born in October and killed in April?
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by holyfather(m): 5:19am On Dec 26, 2023
Fasindo:
shocked

Please read this

Another Christmas, and the recycled argument continues on how 25th December is a pagan feast, and how Christ was not born on the 25th.

Some things don’t go well with me, arguments like this that don’t make any logical sense.

Let us agree that Jesus was not born on the 25th, can you kindly suggest to us a new date? And since you know he was not born on the 25th, it therefore means you know or have an idea of the date he was born. Tell us then.

I heard this same argument for Sunday. They said Sunday is a day of worship of the pagan Sun-god and that the meaning of Sunday came from the Sun-god.

I remembered sharing a detailed teaching and telling those propagating that message the reason for Sunday, being that it was the first day of the week, and Christ rose that day and started appearing to his disciples every first day of the week as they gathered behind closed doors in prayers.

I think I should not have wasted my time in doing that, what I should have done would have been to simply remind them that the days of the week as we have them today were all adopted. They are all pagan.

Monday is named after the god of the moon. Thursday is for the Norse god known in Modern English as Thor. Friday is named after the Anglo-Saxon goddess Fríge. Saturday is named after the Roman god Saturn.

There is this impression from some of you that once anything has a pagan origin it is evil and it is impossible for it to be 'Christianized.'

Well, unfortunately, many things came from the pagans, including the papyrus that was used to write the bible in those days. The tradition of offering visitors kolanut in Igbo culture is largely pagan. Even Baptism as we know it today as the pouring of water or immersion in rivers did not start with Christians. Eating pork is pagan. New yam festival is pagan. Ojuju Calabar is pagan.

What some of you fail to see is that the Christian faith must be planted in a culture for it to take root. Even St Paul while preaching to the Areopagus in Act 17:16-34 had to use what the Athens have as an altar to the "unknown god", to plant the message of the living and known God into them.

Once the Christian faith is planted in any culture, it uproots the bad in it and retains the good. This is why once you mention "Sunday" we think about the day of worship in church and not sun-god. This is why 25th December may not be the day Christ was born in your calculation, but it has taken a Christian dimension pushing aside whatever it was known with before. This is why the cross, which was pagan, and seen as a symbol of shame, has now taken a total different meaning the moment Christ was crucified on it.

The pagan cross moved from shame to fame, from gory to glory (let me be looking for rhyme words like a motivational speaker since na watin una wan hear. Nobody should stress me biko.)

#PurestPurity

From Fr. Kelvin Ugwu

Very rich... prolific!
God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Bolajodus: 5:30am On Dec 26, 2023
Whether they celebrate it or not, the day is universally accepted as the Lord's birthday, even if it was used to supplant paganism. God wins for allowing the day to stand. Merry Christmas to all the living souls
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by SoloCraft306: 5:31am On Dec 26, 2023
I want to ask this congratulation some question.
Do they believe that Jesus was truly born
Do they believe he has come to save the world
Do they believe he has come to die for all man kind.
If all of this is answered genuinely then it not far fetched that the birth of such person should be taken seriously even a prominent man who died in local villages and cities after their death they still give them a posthumous birthday, there's nothing bad in celebrating Jesus even in the paga season that's even the more reason why the celebration must take place to flush out bad philosophy.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Ferrous(m): 5:38am On Dec 26, 2023
They will not celebrate Christmas, but, they will accept Christmas bonuses from their work places?
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by profbrightuzoma: 5:39am On Dec 26, 2023
Where is your congregation
Nicepoker:
Yes
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Spy360(m): 5:41am On Dec 26, 2023
Emu4life:

Today, Jesus is God. Tomorrow, Jesus is God's gift. Shiior!!!
Na so una go dey deceive una sef until you reach bottomless pit. May you receive guidance
You are not able to comprehend it.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Smyrna2011: 6:00am On Dec 26, 2023
Fasindo:
shocked

Please read this

#PurestPurity

From Fr. Kelvin Ugwu

thanks

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Emu4life(m): 6:02am On Dec 26, 2023
Spy360:
You are not able to comprehend it.
Because it is a Fabrication cheesy
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Emu4life(m): 6:09am On Dec 26, 2023
Kukutenla:

So you believe there are things God does not have the capacity to do
That's the bigger blasphemy
God is omnipotent and knows everything about us. He doesn't need to come down as Mortal "to know us better".
He is also the Most Merciful who forgive sins of whoever seeks forgiveness. He doesn't necessarily need to send his Only Begotten son as sacrifice before he forgives sins. He is the Most Merciful, Oft Forgiving.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Emu4life(m): 6:13am On Dec 26, 2023
Frcknl:
It is not confusing at all but ur level of understanding the word of God is very little or not activated.

First, the Bible made it clear that there are for example 3 gods inside one God.

Now for example , you, ur sparm and then ur baby. Total 3. All 3 from same u.

It is written, for I and my father are 1.

2nd example, your body, ur spirit and then your soul. All 3 different things with different functions but same single human being.

Now., God, God's word and then God's spirit, all 3 inside single entity. Working 3 different functions but same entity.

Here, jesus is referred as God's "word"

Okay. See why jesus is also God.

Jesus being the word of God. The whole creation according to the Bible was manufactured through the word of God. (and the word was made flesh and dewelth among us)

That is why jesus is God.

Now, ur question, (the lord our God is 1) says it all.

Remember, we are discussing spiritualism and not not physicality.

So, if you will understand spiritual things, u first need to activate the spiritual being inside u in order to understand spiritualism but rather u want to understand spiritualism from ur physicality. This is ur defiency.

"for the things of the spirits are spirits"

You are only operating in physicality yet therefore spiritualism will continue to confuse u.

A carpenter can not understand or explain how a rocket can fly to millions of miles from the ground because his psychy is not yet activated to understand such even though rockets are also built by humans like him grin

God is not an Author of Confusion.,........ 1 Corinthians 14:33

3 in 1 God is not longer Monotheism but Polytheism
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by blowjohn(m): 6:17am On Dec 26, 2023
DestinedForGrea:

What is your insinuation sir?

Frm my understand, those crying out that xmas is demonic in origin are being judgemental.

They miss the most important thing which is the fact that the heart is what God looks at.
If we celebrate it unto God, what is their problem?

Everything we do, when it comes to religion or spiritual practices or morality or love shud have God at the centre.

After all, prayers and Thanksgiving aee offered u to God during xmas, and not to any other being or deity.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Ganjafama(m): 6:18am On Dec 26, 2023
Trueyarn:

Dey play… JW alone has the highest number of members after the roman Catholic Church
Do you have proofs to back this up?
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Ganjafama(m): 6:22am On Dec 26, 2023
Fiscus105:

Did he ask you not to celebrate him as well?

Did bible say we shouldn't be in place of enjoyment? The marriage in canna where Jesus turned water to wine, I guess it was mourning place!
Dont mind him. People just love quoting the blble just to suit their own selfish interest.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by John360comng: 6:25am On Dec 26, 2023
Emu4life:

Quran was written by a Tree Dafuq is this guy high on?? At this stage, even your fellow 'Son of God' worshippers will be laughing at you grin grin

You are delusional and acting like you are reading another thing. Everyone reading what you wrote is laughing right now at how silly and confused you are and that is because you are a pathetic liar who has been disrespecting and mocking the Christian God who is more perfect than yours eventhough you don't know how terrible your allah has been described by your Muhammad. Every muslim who knows this knows well not to go about disrespecting the Jesus of the Christians knowing how awful theirs has been described of which I have not even touched the barest minimum of this description from your sources.

Where did i write that the quran is written by a tree?!! You Abdul worship of a shin object. You wanna get petty, right?!

Of all the various points i have painted out from your books which you have suddenly gone blind to see and have not responded even one of them. All you were able to misread was "quran was written by a tree". You deceiving zamzam drunk when all that I was making clear is that the quran is said to be an uncreated speech of allah which became a book and books especially in the old days were made from wood(trees) i.e allah is a tree since the quran which is the uncreated speech of allah can never be said to be distance from allah as that is a part of allah and you dare mock the Christians whose God became a perfect sinless man which makes more sense than your allah that became a kitab(book) made from tree(wood).

Also, your allah while you endlessly mock the Christians whose God is more perfect than yours is said to be created from the sweat of houses in another confusing islamic source. Also, your allah was seen in form by Muhammad meaning your god, allah has a somewhat human form with human body parts description while you delude yourself thinking that you mock the Christians God which makes more sense as their God who is Invisible Spirit became a perfect man attested by your own islamic sources as been without a fault, holy and a creator and currently forever living with your allah.

Narrated AbdurRahman ibn A’ish
Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: I saw my Lord, the Exalted and Glorious in the most beautiful form. He said: What do the Angels in the presence of Allah contend about? I said: Thou art the most aware of it. He then placed HIS PALM between my shoulders and I felt its coldness in my chest and I came to know what was in the Heavens and the Earth. He recited: ‘Thus did we show Ibrahim the kingdom of the Heavens and the Earth and it was so that he might have certainty.’(6:75)
Darimi reported it in a mursal form and Tirmidhi also reported. (Tirmidhi Hadith, Number 237; ALIM CD-ROM Version)

Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by OctavianAC(m): 6:38am On Dec 26, 2023
ManOfMan:
More like 5 Churches and one cult-like group
Which one be the cult group na?
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by OctavianAC(m): 6:47am On Dec 26, 2023
The message is that Christ was born into the world and he is been born daily into the hearts of men.
And the question is, is he born into your heart that your don't harbour hatred, envy, malice and all manner sins in your heart?

It is a good message, so let leave the messenger and focus on the message.

Even the Sundays in which you go to church used to be a day that they worship their sun god. But the question is do you worship sun god?
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by SouthSouth1914: 7:00am On Dec 26, 2023
Spy360:
Christmas at least recognises that Christ who is God's gift to mankind was born.

Jesus Christ wasn’t born December nor even the 25th December. As a matter of fact, 25th December is a date for a pagan celebration in the times of old! Many people or sect/churches who celebrated the 25th December as Christ’s birthday have openly debunked it!
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Jilo83(m): 7:14am On Dec 26, 2023
Why arguing whether my Lord was born on December 25th or not - Mike Bamiloye

Which day was Cancer born? Yet the World gives Cancer A Day to celebrate it as WORLD CANCER DAY.
Which Day was Diabetes born to earn it World Diabetic Day?
Which Day was GIRL Child born?
Which Day was Labour Born to make us celebrate Labour Day Worldwide?
Which Day was AIDS born?
Which Day was Father born and we now celebrate Father's Day?
Which Day did we decide on Mother’s Day
Which Day did we begin to declare Children’s Day?
You never argue on any of the Days declared by the United Nations to celebrate diseases and Infirmities:
IT IS GREAT IGNORANCE AND KNOWLEDGELESSNESS, THAT WOULD MAKE A MAN TO ARGUE DEDICATING ONLY ONE DAY TO CELEBRATE THE CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH.
I don't care if Jesus Christ was born on December 25 or not, even if it is on April 13, I care less.
But the Whole World has decided to choose a day to celebrate the Birth of the King of kings, Lord of Lords, the LORD JESUS CHRIST.
Why arguing whether My Lord was born on December 25 or not. While we choose to celebrate His birth on 25th December, you are free to choose your own date, and buy Christmas Tree and organise your own Carol on February 10.
Thank you Jesus Christ for coming into this wretched World to die for me that I might live.
And I look forward every year to Celebrate YOU on the Day we all agreed to celebrate Your Glorious Birth.
Merry Christmas, Lord Jesus!
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Kaytixy: 7:27am On Dec 26, 2023
MrProlific95:
Most of us acknowledge the fact that there are some reservations about Christmas. Notwithstanding, the birth any day could have been chosen to celebrate the birth if Christ.

Besides for enemies of Christianity who want to be hypcrite, they should remember that some muslims celebrate Birth of Prophet Mohammad whereas majority of muslims do not celebrate it
oga leave Muslims out of it and accept the simple truth. Those Muslims who celebrate the birth of the prophet are heavily criticized even though they are celebrating the actual DOB unlike the christians who just picked any date and make it the DOB of Christ.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Justnation: 7:28am On Dec 26, 2023
Emu4life:

God cannot be Born. That's blasphemy.

Don't be confused here, Jesus Christ left his throne in heaven and took the form of a man to be born of a woman in other to offer himself as a perfect sacrifice to save mankind from eternal condemnation due to the sin of Adam and Eve which they committed as a human being.

Before the coming of Jesus Christ, man offered animals as sacrifice to appease God for their sins. These sacrifices were imperfect and could not obtain perfect atonement for sins because they were not perfect.

Jesus came as the perfect sacrifice for atonement without blemish, and he reconciled Man to God eternally, hence whosoever believe and accept him as Lord and Savior will be saved and escape eternal condemnation, BUT WILL RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE.

DO YOU BELIEVE, DO YOU WANT TO MAKE HIM YOUR SAVIOR?
PLEASE ACCEPT HIM NOW.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by Kukutenla: 7:31am On Dec 26, 2023
Emu4life:

God is omnipotent and knows everything about us. He doesn't need to come down as Mortal "to know us better".
He is also the Most Merciful who forgive sins of whoever seeks forgiveness. He doesn't necessarily need to send his Only Begotten son as sacrifice before he forgives sins. He is the Most Merciful, Oft Forgiving.
God did not come down as mortal to know us better. If you want to contest Christian belief at least be conversant with it.
The forgiveness of sin demands some propitiation. It's in all religions including yours. That's why you pray, give alms and other offerings in an effort to get mercy from Allah. What you're saying in other words is that your Islam is wrong for prescribing good deeds as propitiation for your sins.
Re: Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why by zoedew: 7:33am On Dec 26, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
Check Out Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Reasons

Source: https://9newsng.com/check-out-six-churches-that-dont-celebrate-christmas-and-reasons/

1 Timothy 1:4
Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
The reason for the season is the thing that commands attention. God wants for us to be proactive in spreading the Gospel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order / Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.