Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,444 members, 7,830,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! (43092 Views)

My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help / How To Check The Fuel Guage To Ensure It's Still Working / A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Okiton: 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2023
cheesy
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by kesonas(m): 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2023
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by crayfishng(m): 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2023
I did the math too and there's no way 58Ltrs can be that small unless they have tweaked the meter. Petrol stations are too corrupt sha!

overdrive:
58 liters
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by saysoo: 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2023
EnkayDezign:
As we enjoy this yuletide season let's us beware of this fuel stattions and their antics. The fuel wey I buy for 35K at N600/litre no even reach half tank!! how nah!!?

Please be very vigilant of these fuel stations during this period, especially in Ibadan.

That is not an indicator of the quantity of Petrol in the tank .meanwhile petrol is better used for clarity.
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by omenka1: 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2023
Pls next time go with ur apc agbadorians card so u can get more litres for less bucks.
Me as a confirm balablu, am enjoying 50% slash in transportation fare as proposed by fg, all kudos to our amiable emilokan 001

1 Like

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by seborrhic: 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2023
Oga,when did you buy it and when was this picture taken?
In many cars sometimes when you buy fuel,it takes a while before it correctly registers on the fuel gauge.
No matter the kind of cheating that is done,you cannot buy fuel 35k and it would still be on near zero mark.
Check your gauge or wait a while

7 Likes

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by crayfishng(m): 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2023
spinna:
Fuel outside lagos is more expensive than in Lagos..

The same amount would have bought more in Lagos

He was cheated either by the pump attendant or the meter has been worked on. Ideally 35k fuel at 600/L should do almost a full tank for any Nigerian, anywhere where inside Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by nairalanda1(m): 4:24pm On Dec 26, 2023
Deerahone:
Op might be the kind of people that will sit tightly inside the car and tell the pump attendant to put 35k fuel while they form big guy inside the car without monitoring the dispenser

LOL....

As for me, when I was a child, I always noticed my parents came out of the car to watch the dispenser like hawks anytime we bought fuel. I just assumed it was the normal way of things and did likewise when I started driving.

13 Likes

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by PHIPEX(m): 4:25pm On Dec 26, 2023
EnkayDezign:
As we enjoy this yuletide season let's us beware of this fuel stattions and their antics. The fuel wey I buy for 35K at N600/litre no even reach half tank!! how nah!!?

Please be very vigilant of these fuel stations during this period, especially in Ibadan.

Something is wrong, either they cheated you or your gauge is not reading well. I bought 33k @ 600 and it was more than half tank

3 Likes

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by emnite(m): 4:27pm On Dec 26, 2023
icekalito:
aha han bros this first hyndia sonata and 8k fuel max 10k will give you 3 bar .. its not possible boss .

He said is a Honda car
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Judolisco(m): 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2023
EnkayDezign:

which car bdis.... Same fuel took me from Abuja to ilorin in Toyota corolla 2011
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by unbiased2021: 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2023
senator2k9:
My dream car...2014 Honda accord

Hyundai sonata
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by twilliamx(m): 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2023
Na scam. Is that not an Hyundai? Not possible
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by unbiased2021: 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2023
emnite:

He said is a Honda car

It’s Hyundai sonata
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by edunaragold(f): 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2023
EnkayDezign:

when u start th car it will raise
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by dandadee: 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2023
I've been a victim too.
1.they don't start the Guage from zero. If you are not observant, they rush to sell starting from the previous buyer.
2. Whenever u want to buy in a gallon and car, they always start from the glon, then try to distract you while they cheat you while dispensing to the car
3. Some will have a keg at the fuel pump to dispense their steal immediately you leave. They usually sell off at the days end. Be watchful of fuel attendants that have kegs at the point.
4. Some will claim not to hear your request eg I want to buy 35k, they input 5k and sell, then you complain, they input another figure. Just to distract u and steal from you.
5.some will hold down the hose while dispensing so it doesn't run freely.
To avoid these, when you get to the station, come down from you car. Don't tell them how much you want to buy while still seated in the car, they'll hurriedly start selling without starting from zero.
Watch the meter to make sure its at zero. I personally tell the attendant to input the amount I want to buy and let it run automatically from start to finish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Timmi: 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2023
EnkayDezign:

58-liters no reach half tank of a 4-cylinder car?
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by FLYFIRE(m): 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2023
Do not open the fuel thank until you have stepped out & seen that the pump is cleared-off from the last sale. And be very weary with those that begins a joke with you immediately they meet you. What they do is that they sell on top of the last sale without clearing the pump. I have caught them many times. The last time, before I looked at the pump it was almost N10k under a few seconds & I warned him that I knew what he did. He did not argue, he just started all over.

5 Likes

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Flier: 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2023
I use toyota corolla 2016 and camry 2014 and i think 35,000 naira should full the tank because i always buy 15000 at 610 per litre and always reach the middle of the gauge
Mind you,you have to turn off the engine while buying fuel otherwise you wont see the true guage level

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Chicagograduate(m): 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2023
noobody:
All filling stations this period are all scams!!most esp NNPC stations selling at 568,
The one litre is not complete at all
I take 10 litres keg I buy 6500 naira fuel,it has never been complete 10 litres before,never even reached the 10ltres mark
They are all fraudulent this days,even those selling at 600+/ltr
I go with a 1ltr transparent keg and the 1ltre I purchase is not full.

1 Like

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2023
Chicagograduate:
You see the tricks those fuel attendants uses when you are not at alert in the queue.
They will sell fuel to the customer queueing before you at 2k or 5k.They will ask you how much fuel do you want to buy.When you say 10k,they will insert the fuel pump into your car fuel tank and continue from where the they sold to the previous customer.
I have caught them twice when I went to purchase fuel in my 25litres gallon.
He had to turn the fuel back into the reservoir and start afresh.
Even their managers or supervisors are aware of their fraud.They have a cut in the illegal deals.

Does this package works in this age where all pumps are running automatically? I think it's only Total filling stations that use pumps that doesn't switch off pump motor when selling price has been programmed and reach. New pumps like Petrotec, magifx and the likes used by independent marketers are all automated and cannot run pump motor beyond it programmed litres/price.

If you had mentioned that dispense guage is altered, that will be true cause all independent stations do that. Attendant cheat the companies while companies cheat the customers.
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by ceejay80s(m): 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2023
Chicagograduate:
You see the tricks those fuel attendants uses when you are not at alert in the queue.
They will sell fuel to the customer queueing before you at 2k or 5k.They will ask you how much fuel do you want to buy.When you say 10k,they will insert the fuel pump into your car fuel tank and continue from where the they sold to the previous customer.
Even their managers or supervisors are aware of their fraud.They have a cut in the illegal deals.
Report them to the police , it's fraud
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by coputa(m): 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2023
EnkayDezign:

It depends on the size of the fuel tank your car has.what is the car brand
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by maxiuc(m): 4:39pm On Dec 26, 2023
If am buying fuel above 10k I buy it in Jerry can then transfer it to my car

This fuel stations are very wicked and desperate
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by femi4: 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
Chicagograduate:
I don't open my tank cover until I see 0:00 on the screen
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by HighTableVoice: 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
Bros Abeg where you buy ham... new year deh come .. man need new business
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by HighTableVoice: 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
if you know you know
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:41pm On Dec 26, 2023
noobody:
All filling stations this period are all scams!!most esp NNPC stations selling at 568,
The one litre is not complete at all
I take 10 litres keg I buy 6500 naira fuel,it has never been complete 10 litres before,never even reached the 10ltres mark
They are all fraudulent this days,even those selling at 600+/ltr

Fuel pumps are adjusted to increase profits. The litre measure from depot is more than that in the retail stations. Even if the difference is 5cl, imagine what amount of litres that will give the management if they have 22,000 litres in their storage. We call it excess back then...
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by FamTomx2(m): 4:46pm On Dec 26, 2023
EnkayDezign:

Year 2005 I do fill the tank of my Mercedes car with N500 and was complaining, and today only thousands could.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Honda Urban EV Concept Car Looks Like An Old Car, But Inside Is Heavenly / Man Crashes $260k Ferrari One Hour After Purchase / This Rolls-royce Ghost Has 1,000 Crushed Diamonds In Its Paint (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.