Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,659 members, 7,816,689 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! (43036 Views)

My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help / How To Check The Fuel Guage To Ensure It's Still Working / A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by UncleKoboko: 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2023
Crokky:

Very common in ibadan,I have been a victim a number of times
Very common in Anambra
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Cutehector(m): 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2023
Abeg na tank u dey drive?
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2023
NaMe4:

The NNPC Mega Station in Benin City is the first Mega Station I've ever seen adjust their pump meters. Very pathetic!

For wia?? I used to buy from there steady. Then I noticed it (about a month or two after subsidy removal). Some private stations even sell better despite selling up to 650/L.

That mega station go just put 591/L. All na lie.

Experiment it. Buy 20k fuel from quarter tank from NNPC. Note the guage.

Repeat it from Buvel at MM Way.

Buvel dey always correct right from d year 1775...
dat their manager, dem suppose make am presido of dis stuupid con3 make u see as everything go change overnight!

Well, I also buy from Al'Allah station at new benin-lagos road close to 2nd junction near Akpakpava there, their meter also correct!
cool
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by babamadiba(m): 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2023
EnkayDezign:
As we enjoy this yuletide season let's us beware of this fuel stattions and their antics. The fuel wey I buy for 35K at N600/litre no even reach half tank!! how nah!!?

Please be very vigilant of these fuel stations during this period, especially in Ibadan.

They are even worse than the government. So pathetic.
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by reddingtonblack: 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2023
HardMirror:
I hate this speedometer. This was the speedometer of my ford truck that made me have an accident. Was speeding at 120 miles and thought it was km/hr. The truck was an instant scrap.

How on earth can you mistake fuel guage for speedometer tori olohun and you get mind blame the car

Maybe you don drink
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by kolaaderin: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2023
Soulsymbol99:

Na Honda accord be that
That is 100% Hyundai
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by otokx(m): 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2023
Chicagograduate:
You see the tricks those fuel attendants uses when you are not at alert in the queue.
They will sell fuel to the customer queueing before you at 2k or 5k.They will ask you how much fuel do you want to buy.When you say 10k,they will insert the fuel pump into your car fuel tank and continue from where the they sold to the previous customer.
I have caught them twice when I went to purchase fuel in my 25litres gallon.
He had to turn the fuel back into the reservoir and start afresh.
Even their managers or supervisors are aware of their fraud.They have a cut in the illegal deals.

Should we also blame Tinubu for this?
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Yestogood: 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2023
Deerahone:
Op might be the kind of people that will sit tightly inside the car and tell the pump attendant to put 35k fuel while they form big guy inside the car without monitoring the dispenser
Yes o. I will not even open my fuel tank until I come out of the car. No dulling.
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Sucre7: 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2023
Thieetre has been adjusted so bad. These filling stations are very evil.

If you start up a filling station that sells PMS and AGO, mean in the next 3 yrs people would think you did blood money.
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Omoapena(m): 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2023
Chicagograduate:
You see the tricks those fuel attendants uses when you are not at alert in the queue.
They will sell fuel to the customer queueing before you at 2k or 5k.They will ask you how much fuel do you want to buy.When you say 10k,they will insert the fuel pump into your car fuel tank and continue from where the they sold to the previous customer.
Even their managers or supervisors are aware of their fraud.They have a cut in the illegal deals.

Thats not what they do, they will program whatever amount you want to buy, immediately they notice you look away, they will quickly input same amount in the machine and the exact amount will just appear on the screen of the machine, but the amount will be blinking, and that simply means the fuel isn't complete yet but someone that doesn't know will think they have sold it completely
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by airsaylongcome: 10:06pm On Dec 26, 2023
erico2k2:

Talk is cheap.

What do you mean talk is cheap?
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by airsaylongcome: 10:09pm On Dec 26, 2023
senator2k9:

My brother, this is Wat I can afford for now and I hope to buy it by mid 2024 by God's special Grace

I dont let any “Prophetic” word put me under pressure when my process is still on!

God won’t be circumventing process because something sounded “Prophetically appealing”

I won't allow motivational speakers deceive me to claim a 2024 model as my dream car when I know I can't afford it for now. Faith alone is not enough 🙄

I'm not talking prophecy or faith here.

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by erico2k2(m): 10:16pm On Dec 26, 2023
airsaylongcome:

What do you mean talk is cheap?
Simply put, Talk is cheap.
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by CrownedPhoenix: 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2023
Deerahone:
Op might be the kind of people that will sit tightly inside the car and tell the pump attendant to put 35k fuel while they form big guy inside the car without monitoring the dispenser

So someone cannot sit comfortably in his car and let things work fine? He is forming 'big' whether is not feeling well, tired or whatever other reasons?

Discussion has now moved from why fuel stations/attendants cheat people to crucifying victims because they sat in their expecting not to be cheated. No longer the question, why should they be cheated at all

You people have so normalised nonsense behaviours and now even blame the victim for being cheated

2 Likes

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Day169: 11:19pm On Dec 26, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Means your Drive's maximum tank capacity is about 233 litres?

Is your car Volkwagen Pheaton?
.. specifically the W12! cheesy
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by airsaylongcome: 12:37am On Dec 27, 2023
erico2k2:

Simply put, Talk is cheap.

Lol! Maybe for you. A 2014 car is too old for me to consider it my dream car. If that's "cheap talk" for you, that's fine. It's okay to aspire low
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by erico2k2(m): 12:47am On Dec 27, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Lol! Maybe for you. A 2014 car is too old for me to consider it my dream car. If that's "cheap tall" for you, that's fine. It's okay to aspire low
Like I said talk is cheap, what car do you now drive at your age?
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Equity15(m): 1:01am On Dec 27, 2023
Chicagograduate:
same thing happened to me today. I caught them
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Angrygoat: 3:48am On Dec 27, 2023
I no longer buy fuel inside my car again. Sometimes it takes like 5mins to stabilise due to bumpy roads.so fuel tank go shift.stay on E. My 10litres keg and my mobil 5 litres dey gimme confidence. If I buy 6k and the 10litres no full.i go just hiss avoid that place again.but at least I'm confident I bought fuel and not air. What they do is they'd reduce the speed fromnthe nozzle to half .so half the speed of gas with plenty air from nozzle. I have enuf air in my tyres.dont need none from fukanizer disguised as fuel attendant
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by drakeskull(m): 4:00am On Dec 27, 2023
Soulsymbol99:

Na Honda accord be that
Looks like Hyundai sonata 2011 upwards
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by zedegit: 4:00am On Dec 27, 2023
Crokky:

Very common in ibadan,I have been a victim a number of times

You go come down, tell dem to reset am. Simple.
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by airsaylongcome: 4:47am On Dec 27, 2023
erico2k2:

Like I said talk is cheap, what car do you now drive at your age?

Lol. I drive a 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross. The Corolla cross is a stop-gap for a few years to allow me save and upgrade. Prior to that was an Audi A4 B7. Dream vehicle is a 2024 Audi A8 L Quattro. And this will change in a few years as I become more upwardly mobile

You? What vehicle do you drive?
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Angrygoat: 5:06am On Dec 27, 2023
For your dreams ba ppl wey get no dey make noise.ode. a nobody parading nairaland with almost 7k posts. I so much hate poor ppl.always feeling fly.
airsaylongcome:

Lol. I drive a 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross. The Corolla cross is a stop-gap for a few years to allow me save and upgrade. Prior to that was an Audi A4 B7. Dream vehicle is a 2024 Audi A8 L Quattro. And this will change in a few years as I become more upwardly mobile

You? What vehicle do you drive?
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by unmask: 5:33am On Dec 27, 2023
Chicagograduate:
one did it to me yesterday I was so pissed.
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Chicagograduate(m): 5:43am On Dec 27, 2023
otokx:

Should we also blame Tinubu for this?
yes.tinubu is to blame because those attendants are surviving with 20k as salaries under tinubu harsh policy.
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by yahoodetector: 6:17am On Dec 27, 2023
Connoisseur:
The car is a Hyundai Sonata, right?

I have experience with this car, so Id ask some questions
- was your ignition on at the time ( engine not running)?
- was there any change in the needle after the refuel?

Reason been some times of my engine is off but ignition is on, I won't notice any needle change after refuelling till after some time or until I top up again.
In this case though, there won't be any needle change at all, that's why I asked the second question above.

Look very well. Nothing like needle on the fuel gauge. It's a digital gauge.
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by FireUpNow(m): 7:33am On Dec 27, 2023
Our country sweet oo. Effect of fuel subsidy removal. 😀😀😀
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Control7: 7:54am On Dec 27, 2023
Chicagograduate:

Especially TONIMAS Otukpo.

1 Like

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Connoisseur(m): 8:38am On Dec 27, 2023
yahoodetector:

Look very well. Nothing like needle on the fuel gauge. It's a digital gauge.

This is the only thing you picked up.
There's a needle, whether it's digital or not.
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by virginchaser(m): 9:16am On Dec 27, 2023
I used my wife car over the weekend when it gets to quarter tank it started to jerk. She probably bought fuel mixed with water.
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by airsaylongcome: 9:19am On Dec 27, 2023
Angrygoat:
For your dreams ba ppl wey get no dey make noise.ode. a nobody parading nairaland with almost 7k posts. I so much hate poor ppl.always feeling fly.

Hahaha! Na so e pain you? I'm not "making noise" fam. I've got dreams and ambitions. 7k posts you say? That's productive now. Many of my posts are tech related with barely any insults. Your 4k posts are made up of 3k insults with some hawking of car scanners. Take several seats hombre

1 Like

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Zidoh(m): 9:22am On Dec 27, 2023
azikiweironsi:

We are the problem of ourselves. Everybody is struggling to swindle anybody and we cry every time to blame the government.
Imagine a meat that is just #2000 and the seller start the pricing from #10,000 and ask you to bargain. Same goes to every other products in the market. At last, they will ask you what is the exchange rate of Naira to Dollar. Something is wrong with Nigerians. Sorry to say but that's the truth.
There's nothing to sorry about ... The fact about all these is that we all know the truth but no one cares .... No committee to monitor the gas station to ensure that their liter is complete and accurate. We have big problem honestly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reliability Of Mercedes Benz C240/c320 / This Honda Urban EV Concept Car Looks Like An Old Car, But Inside Is Heavenly / This Rolls-royce Ghost Has 1,000 Crushed Diamonds In Its Paint (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.