Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Planning To Resign From Current Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Planning To Resign From Current Job (14785 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by UnknownT: 10:19am On Dec 26, 2023
If your farm area isn't prone to Herdsmen attack(on crops and farmers), you are doing well. I wish you the best
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by johnog4sure: 10:19am On Dec 26, 2023
Business is tough, get a licensed business developer to guide you, I am one.
There are many government incentives you can leverage on, you can also get many inputs free or super cheap, you may not have to spend all your 1 M.
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by laivwire(m): 10:21am On Dec 26, 2023
johnog4sure:
Business is tough, get a licensed business developer to guide you, I am one.
There are many government incentives you can leverage, you can also get many inputs free or super cheap, and you may not have to spend all your 1 M.
Good suggestions.

In addition @Kilisi, I will reiterate that you continue with your job and look for how you can manage the farm on the side (don't splurge on hiring labour if you can do it yourself, save costs). You can plant and forget cassava as it takes 9 months on average. I don't think you can depend solely on smallscale farming for starters. You can also buy grains at harvest time to sell later.

What is needed is multiple sources of income. Even people who have million naira generating businesses still wake 4am and go to their jobs everyday. If you're tired of your current job, look for another one.
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by tochez24(m): 10:25am On Dec 26, 2023
kilisi:
Good day friends and trust we are coping with the current state of things

I plan to resign from my current job by the end of February 2024 so that I can go into full time agriculture. That's my discipline from school anyway.

I've been able to raise just 1 million naira within a year and 2 months and the plan is to plant cassava and maize on a 12 acre farmland I'm about to secure.

6k per acre of land

I also plan to use about an acre for planting pepper and tomatoes.

I hope I'm not making a hasty decision by resigning from my job soon.

To be honest with you, Nigeria currently it's not a place to risk such investments⚠️

Don't and i repeat don't ever resign from your work for whatever reason!!! 10k you're sure monthly is more assured than 1M worth of business in this failing economy and leadership♂️

If i were you, i will gather more money, add to the 1M and japa without any further deliberation....

But if you're not a fan of relocation. Please keep your job and find a way to combine your agricultural business with your job (if possible hire people to assist you)

If you can't combine the two, please forget about that business and focus on your JOB.

A word is enough for the wise, i don talk finish😶

6 Likes

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Mom007(f): 10:26am On Dec 26, 2023
Do you have annual leave time coming up? Use it to go and start your farming venture. Since you are going to use labourers to do most of the work. After the clearing and planting, the rest time is mostly waiting and weeding. You can get this done on the weekend. Then you can resign when it's harvesting and sales time as that will require your presence full time so they don't cheat you. I wish you all the best. We need more people going into agriculture right now. Try to plant okra and efo seeds as well. You will thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Quebec91(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2023
With 1million, you no well cheesy
LikeAking:
Japa!
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by AKAyomide(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2023
That isn’t a great thing to do right now. The one million naira will not go a long way at this period. Have a breakdown of the amount of money that will be needed to pay the workers at the farmlands, the crops to plant and arrangements of security to secure your farm from invaders. That needs to be considered, thank you.
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by justking(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2023
Wish you luck
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Quebec91(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2023
You geh sense🧠
kilisi:

Not in my plans right now. Thanks anyway.
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Free2Fly: 10:28am On Dec 26, 2023
kilisi:

I plan to resign from my current job by the end of February 2024 so that I can go into full time agriculture. That's my discipline from school anyway.

I've been able to raise just 1 million naira within a year and 2 months and the plan is to plant cassava and maize on a 12 acre farmland I'm about to secure.

6k per acre of land

Haa, only 1m naira and you're planning to resign and go into agriculture with its accompanying uncertainties??

Wetin you go chop before your farms that yielding fruits?
What if the crops fail? Wahala dey oo

1 Like

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by enemyofprogress: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2023
What are you still waiting for? Please go ahead and do it fast
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Switruth: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2023
Na nairaland u come seek for advice? 😂😂
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by AzaHub(f): 10:31am On Dec 26, 2023
Considering the incubation period of agric products like cassava, please try have sizeable EMERGENCY SAVINGS before resigning.

Join Aza Hub to learn the know how of emergency savings. Follow me.

1 Share

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Quebec91(m): 10:31am On Dec 26, 2023
Confirm!
UncleKoboko:
Depends on your current renumeration from your job...

In this present economy, any job not giving you at least 200-500k monthly is poverty.
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by sweetjohn(m): 10:36am On Dec 26, 2023
Even the embiciles that voted in this evil and criminal govt are giving advice to curtail the ‘Nigeria of today’ which they voted for and are defending. God will punish all of them.

1 Like

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Westlife2013(m): 10:36am On Dec 26, 2023
Na 1milliom them dey take japa abi
LikeAking:
Japa!
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by bsalawu: 10:36am On Dec 26, 2023
Osaremwantaelvi:
Help me replace you for the job now, since 2018 wen I graduate I don day find work. Abeg help me

What's your location
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by MemoriesAndMe: 10:37am On Dec 26, 2023
Why not keep your job for now while you have workers working on your farm and you can then resign when it's harvest time so you can focus on marketing your produce?
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Judolisco(m): 10:38am On Dec 26, 2023
kilisi:

6k per acre of land

baba... Nothing stops you from doing both.... U get Saturday and Sunday... But if u r willing to take d risk... Go in with prayer... That's how I was saying I'll quit my job and start uber... Started d uber bizz then I realized I don't have d strength for dat type of wahala or stress... I jst couldn't keep up... Now I Don dey find job back

4 Likes

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by spiSeyi: 10:38am On Dec 26, 2023
kilisi:

6k per acre of land

I think you should not enter the river with your two feet at once, why not use farming as a side hustle for now while you do your 8-5 job you can employ one or two people that will be caring for your plantations and then you go on weekends to inspect your farms.
You should consider quitting your job finally after your first harvest and profit, and saved at least 6 months of your monthly salary, and pay your house rent because business doesn't turn out as expected in the first face.
Meanwhile, contact me to remotely monitor your farm if you are within South West cool
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by adeautos645(m): 10:39am On Dec 26, 2023
kilisi:

6k per acre of land

I will suggest you save more before you start
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Annahh(f): 10:39am On Dec 26, 2023
LikeAking:
Japa!
Japa with 1m? Ok na.
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by deanoffaculty: 10:39am On Dec 26, 2023
kilisi:

6k per acre of land

That's a good one! Be your own boss!
You have critically looked into the pros and cons of resigning from your current job and going in to full time agriculture, please go ahead.
Make sure you plan it very well, considering the security and proximity. For instance,Herdsmen activities can be very annoying, most especially when they invade your farm. Just be careful and prayerful.
In all, you are about to take the best decision.
I see you making it in big in 2024!
Stay blessed!!

1 Like

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Annahh(f): 10:40am On Dec 26, 2023
Judolisco:
baba... Nothing stops you from doing both.... U get Saturday and Sunday... But if u r willing to take d risk... Go in with prayer...
Exactly what I wanted to tell him.

1 Like

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by SirLakes: 10:40am On Dec 26, 2023
I source of income is a disaster grin
That money at hand is nothing, can't do much

Continue with your job, and start the farming with it else, You gon lurrn cool
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by omoabu: 10:40am On Dec 26, 2023
Good day, it's actually a good idea with your plans trying to contribute your quota to ensure food security and sustainability.

Quick question - which location are you considering to establish your farm

Work on your market, what are your plans for labour

Lastly, tomato farming requires technical skills because it's a very sensitive crop ranging from nutrients requirements, pest and disease management and never forget irrigation installation which is very key.

We can discuss and share experiences and ideas

proudlyagriculturist@gmail.com
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:42am On Dec 26, 2023
slimjohn2k5:

What location
What is the market demand for what u want to plant
Can u plant 6 acres without the help of workers?
What plan do u hv to preserve excess harvest.
Don't end up like my friend that reared chicken and after maturity had no one to sell to and he sold out the poultry at give away price.
you're talking to someone who studied agriculture, what makes you think he'll be a novice like your friend ?

1 Like

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by sakbio(m): 10:45am On Dec 26, 2023
I think it is better u should start the farming with the weekend engagement while continue ur work during the weekdays because u will still money to do somethings like feeding and ur daily activities before u will harvest ur cassava. Start with combination of farming with ur present work until u mastered the farming and also stabilise financially

quote author=kilisi post=127625805]Good day friends and trust we are coping with the current state of things

6k per acre of land

I hope I'm not making a hasty decision by resigning from my job soon.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Originalsly: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2023
How about keeping your job and starting small? Is the land already cleared and ready for planting? How many laborers?...how much is your estimated labour costs for the nine months? ... cost of the seeds and cassava sticks? ... is there adequate water supply? ... how about drainage? ... security? .... transportation of produce to storage? ... all of this will cost less than a million? Plan well bro.

2 Likes

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by ezeigwe92(m): 10:48am On Dec 26, 2023
wwwtortoise:
Agribusiness of such scale will swallow that 1mil you have.
Keep your job and undertake the venture by the side. Employ a farm manager and set out performance targets while you carry out an oversight function periodically.

Please don’t trade a known for the unknown. Atleast not at the embryonic stages.

Baba u too wise, will like to get in contact with you... Drop ur email

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by SavageResponse(m): 10:49am On Dec 26, 2023
oluwaseunamos33:
Make sure you already have another job before resignation oooo.

This one did not read the story
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by coputa(m): 10:50am On Dec 26, 2023
kilisi:

6k per acre of land

Do not be too much in a hurry.

Put that money into foreign stocks, before the middle of the year your investment has more than doubled with less risk while you are still on the job.

Continue to save throughout 2024 while your money is multiplying.by the end of 2024 you can then resign

Also, you should go into the farming, first on a small scale and watch the outcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Important Things You Must Know Before Working For Any Nigerian Employer / Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.