Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Planning To Resign From Current Job - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Planning To Resign From Current Job (14795 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by nnamdi640: 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2023
Emmaskill:
watin happen to Mediterranean sea? Japa na Japa. Provided u reach ur destination.
That one is suicide mission
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by tbliss22(m): 5:44am On Dec 27, 2023
In Nigeria, you don't take business decisions without a backup plan.

Hold on to your job sir...

1 Like

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Luckysbab: 3:19pm On Dec 27, 2023
asid:

Any room for an outside investor?

There's better value in processing the cassava into dried "chips" though. Humans consume it, as flour, and biotech companies use it as raw materials too. Tens of thousands consumed monthly altogether.

This is my field, so I know.

Let me also tag kilisi

Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by hollamie(m): 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2023
There is no definite time to resign unless been led by God

However, what I notice is that you want to go into full agricultural production without having the basics or understanding the market dynamics

If I were to advise, I would go into the marketing and sales of agricultural produce.

If you begin with this skill, you will learn how to sell or market agricultural produce, as well as have a list of the potential markets which will help you when you go into cultivation
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2023
.You can join our telegram
page through this link https:///+952pVQlx4Zk4MjI0 and our Whatsapp link https:///EXhnJQawnUZ6PuYlul8qIp

All those money spent on learning tech can't waste..run to https://hired.com/x/a8f474d8420db2864a463763fd009cdf and submit your CV so u can start earning in dollars by next week

Congratulations nd remember me.wen salary starts dropping
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2023
bsalawu:

What's your location

I am in benin, but can relocate
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2023
kheny12:
work no hard like that,Na you didn't find work.since 2018 u didn't do any work,just dey play.

I didn't just sit at home, I learnt hand work (electrical house wiring and others)
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Trustworthiness: 7:08am On Dec 28, 2023
kilisi:
Good day friends and trust we are coping with the current state of things

I plan to resign from my current job by the end of February 2024 so that I can go into full time agriculture. That's my discipline from school anyway.

I've been able to raise just 1 million naira within a year and 2 months and the plan is to plant cassava and maize on a 12 acre farmland I'm about to secure.

6k per acre of land

I also plan to use about an acre for planting pepper and tomatoes.

I hope I'm not making a hasty decision by resigning from my job soon.

I will advice you do not resign from the present job until you had properly established the farming business.
1 million naira you had saved is not enough to resign from your present work yet as reaping from crop harvesting is not a short term thing.
Daily or monthly income is necessary for a man to survive.
But if you still want to resign, ensure you get another source of daily, weekly or monthly income aside waiting for the farming produce to yield you income. Else, you may end up selling your produce to those thieves called middlemen or women who will want to latch on your desperation to sell your produce out of need for money.
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Dshocker(m): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2023
kilisi:

I plan to resign from my current job by the end of February 2024 so that I can go into full time agriculture. That's my discipline from school anyway.

I've been able to raise just 1 million naira within a year and 2 months and the plan is to plant cassava and maize on a 12 acre farmland I'm about to secure.

6k per acre of land

Why go into a single and profitable farm produce, like Sesame?
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by Dshocker(m): 9:51am On Dec 28, 2023
slimjohn2k5:

What location
What is the market demand for what u want to plant
Can u plant 6 acres without the help of workers?
What plan do u hv to preserve excess harvest.
Don't end up like my friend that reared chicken and after maturity had no one to sell to and he sold out the poultry at give away price.

Your friend didn't do his feasibility study before going into the business.

When Nigeria consumes over 1 billion chicken annually.
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by weslay: 11:31pm On Dec 30, 2023
kilisi:

6k per acre of land

While this is a laudable ideas, I will not recommend you quit your job just yet. I suggest you get your wife or a trusted relative to help run it for a while so that you don't begin to live off the farm
Re: Planning To Resign From Current Job by kilisi(m): 9:56am On Dec 31, 2023
weslay:

While this is a laudable ideas, I will not recommend you quit your job just yet. I suggest you get your wife or a trusted relative to help run it for a while so that you don't begin to live off the farm

Nairaland is a fantastic forum. The various suggestions I got here made me change my decision and I've decided my wife and a close friend will help me handle the project while i come on around on weekends. Their businesses allow them to do just that. Thanks so much for the suggestion. I'm staying on my job for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Basic Things You Need To Do During Your Annual Leave / 5 Tips On Making Extra Cash Besides Your Salary / Breaking: Lagos State Government Approves Consultancy Cadre For Pharmacists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.