Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok (60993 Views)

Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs / Keke Driver Who Returned Nearly N600K Forgotten By Woman Gets Rewarded. Photos / All Yourba Staff Was Fired In My Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Calitoscassius(m): 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2023
Some people do not understand companies policy on privacy and disclosure. She shoulda read the companies handbook that is if they even gave her any.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Autobot05: 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2023
Very good
Shebi all for clout na
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Tealcrestmedia(m): 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2023
Probably got fired for fear of privacy violation. Some rich people don't want no attention, tomorrow now she might be posting... Guess who just walked into the shop guys, it's the Prince of Wales, before you know they have sued company. Good thing she's learnt her lesson.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Jayhome24: 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2023
Nigerians are naturally sometime very annoying. You haven't start the work you are already arrogant and talking as if you got the job through back door I swear if I'm the boss I will do likewise with immediate effect.

Go to your TikTok and secure job there, foolish thing, lousy nonentity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by RedAlert08(m): 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2023
Typical Yoruba- talking chocho cho

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Calitoscassius(m): 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2023
lexy2014:

I dont think it has anything to do with the company's policy on privacy. we just have a dumb lady who carried her Nigerian mentality which entails celebrating frivolities as achievement.

just because got a job a Harrods as a sales girl and she will be dealing with high clientele, she felt she is better than those who do POS business.

its quite a stupid mentality because a sales girl is a sales girl and selling to the rich in Harrods does not make you rich except she was intending to use her job to sell market and get rich sugar daddies. once again, she brought her olosho mentality to the UK. unfortunately for her, there are things oyibo dont tolerate.

she didnt even feel remorseful. she was blaming others for her stupidity:

“That was really sad. I learnt a really valuable lesson; don’t ever tell good news to people or the internet, keep it to yourself. Upon reflection, that was kind of a shitty video; I was just joking and was just excited.”
grin grin grin she is really really dumb
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Eriokanmi: 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2023
sammyj:
Okokko biokoooooo!!! Wetin social media go cost people no bi small. shocked shocked
marriages, jobs, fortune, opportunities, even life.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Jayhome24: 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2023
Nigerians are naturally sometime very annoying. You haven't start the work you are already arrogant and talking as if you got the job through back door I swear if I'm the boss I will do likewise with immediate effect.

Go to your TikTok and secure job there, foolish thing, lousy nonentity...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by jojothaiv(m): 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2023
When they say keep your personals off social media you'd think those saying it are mad...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Dougad: 9:06pm On Dec 26, 2023
UK is a stupid country istg 😂 They fire people for the flimsiest of reasons.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by zoedew: 9:11pm On Dec 26, 2023
Proverbs 2:11

Discretion shall preserve thee,
understanding shall keep thee:

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Frcknl: 9:11pm On Dec 26, 2023
I don't have time for hypocrites

cyprus000:
and you're the prime example of what you're prattling about.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by femi4: 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2023
Natbrowny:
They terminated the employment coz her post sounded like.

I go steal from these rich men. And that's gonna affect company's good will

Na so one guy (Sergi) that year post say. I can never play for Barcelona.
Barca signed him 3 years later. Fans dug up the post and Barca terminated the contract b4 e even kicked a ball

Be careful what u say online
UK people n social media....that will teach her a lesson. Na her type dey leak classified information on social media

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by femi4: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2023
Onyi22:
Morals: ''If it makes you happy, I mean really happy, Keep it to Yourself ''
Wrong

You can share other aspects of your life
Never take official stuff to social media
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Father4all: 9:26pm On Dec 26, 2023
Foolish Idiot. Bragard
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by adecz: 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2023
➡️🔷🔻Your village people did well....

🚫🚫🚫Bush gehl ..
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by enemyofprogress: 9:30pm On Dec 26, 2023
Some Nigerians in diaspora are just living there, without copying the lifestyles of the owners of the land. This has nothing to do with us her village people. We didn't have hands inside her case, we were in Ukraine when the incident happened. So nobody should blame us for this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by jaxxy(m): 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2023
I tell people always be professional as regards ur job and don't loose ur home training because of likes or cruise.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Natbrowny: 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2023
femi4:
UK people n social media....that will teach her a lesson. Na her type dey leak classified information on social media

I agree social media has its positives.

But in general its a curse. And unfortunately we have to live with it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by goldmatrix(m): 9:39pm On Dec 26, 2023
A typical Nigerian and their leaders.. Blaming someone else. "someone must have forwarded the footage to my employer" because your employer and her associates don't know anything about internet. Nonsense..

Same way tinubu has prepared his excuses and store somewhere for Nigerians as he prepare for 2027 election and then we will clap hands for him because Nigerians are cursed people..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by planetx: 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
Dougad:
UK is a stupid country istg 😂 They fire people for the flimsiest of reasons.
Because they can always replace you with another desperate immigrant.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by FireUpNow(m): 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2023
Pride goes before a fall as contained in the book of proverbs. Little success she is already puffed up. Nigeria mentality. Sorry oo young lady, I am glad you have learnt a hard lesson in a very hard way.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by delpee(f): 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2023
Yorubas say " Ti isu eni ba ta, a fi owo bo je".

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by twilliamx(m): 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2023
Dumb azz gen ztupid
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by LOVEGINO(m): 10:04pm On Dec 26, 2023
dangermouse:
All for the gram.

Some folks are just too daft.

Not everything you take to the net. At least you learnt your lessons.
dem dey learn?
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by bigcasava1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2023
She don carry her lousy nature to UK thinking she's in Lagos where they do anyhow

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by tctrills: 10:11pm On Dec 26, 2023
Oloki:
Next time, keep your life off social media.

Hope lesson is well received
She learnt the wrong lesson. She was not sacked for announcing her new job on social media.
Most companies would love their staff and customers representing then on their personal pages.

But her post did not represent the values of the company.
She needs to work on her values.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Yoyo99(m): 10:15pm On Dec 26, 2023
Oops! So n'a FC joblez go later sign her. Lesson well learnt i guess
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by colestephan86: 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2023
koboko69:
Woman Who Bragged On Social Media About Her New Job At A Luxury Store Sacked Before First Shift

An online video of how a young woman was sacked by a renowned company in the UK company even before she began her first shift has got many people talking.

Recently employed by Harrods, the lady identified as Akorede but known on TikTok as @korrxss, disclosed that she had not yet started her first shift when she received the notice of termination from the company.

Before the viral video of her dismissal, she had gone viral with a previous video in which she talked enthusiastically about her job at the UK-based luxury department store.

In that first video, she suggested that her social class has shot up because of her new employment, stating at one point:

“I’m dealing with the richest of the rich, who are you dealing with [giggles]?”

@korrxss

Lmk if u want tips on how to get innnn 🥰🥰🤗

But in the second video, her story changes. Sounding disappointed, she told her followers on TikTok that she didn’t even do her first shift at Harrods before she got fired for going on social media.

Akorede wondered who may have sent the footage to the employer after she was fired. She gave the situation further thought and concluded that it taught her an important lesson to avoid posting pleasant news on the internet.

“I got fired! Before I even did my first shift, I got fired. Someone must have sent the video ‘cos I don’t know how they must have found it. I took that video after I attended my induction; I’ve not even attended my first shift.

“That was really sad. I learnt a really valuable lesson; don’t ever tell good news to people or the internet, keep it to yourself. Upon reflection, that was kind of a shitty video; I was just joking and was just excited,” she said in part.

@theshadeborough

Sis really got sacked by luxury store #Harrods before even starting the job, due to a bragging video posted about her new role 🫣👀

Her story has drawn varied reactions online.

https://www.tiktok.com/@korrxss/video/7315561186412612896?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=mobile&sender_web_id=7226116796024784426

As I have always said, you have freedom of speech, but not freedom of reckless speech. Nigerians are too reckless and they arrogantly show how ignorant they are.
If it was a Nigeria coy they fired her, I'm sure she will go back to the internet to call them out.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Lovelife433(m): 10:29pm On Dec 26, 2023
Even her four head is disappointing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

KPMG Salary Structure: Salary Payment Of Staffs Of KPMG Nigeria / Manager By Day, Sugar Baby At Night: A Week In The Life / ‘Oladayo Timothy, MD Ressortir Global Is After My Life’ - Gideon Okoli Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.