Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok (60963 Views)

Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs / Keke Driver Who Returned Nearly N600K Forgotten By Woman Gets Rewarded. Photos / All Yourba Staff Was Fired In My Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Basicend: 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2023
Pierohandsome:
They think UK is a country you misbehave like Nigeria without consequences. Those guys over there have ethics. Nigeria is lawless

Which ethics? LGBTQ?
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by ObaKlaz: 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2023
Bloody i.d.i.o.t. with the Nigerian urge to show off, shàlàyé and flaunt whatever little accomplishment they never thought they could make.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Dennisochampa: 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2023
Person wen no get sense....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by RosyIsBlessed: 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
They always mistake western world for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:41pm On Dec 26, 2023
I'm sure she have learnt her lesson. People need to learn how to keep this to themselves.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Cutehector(m): 10:45pm On Dec 26, 2023
Some girls no just get brain walahi. No sense.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Westernlove: 10:52pm On Dec 26, 2023
Frcknl:
The truth is that most Nigerians are mentally unstable. Our family system has lost all forms of good manners.

An average Nigerian can not tell u the meaning of life or essence of good living

This reminds me of the Movie "Resident Evil"

That's what i see whenever i see Nigerians.

How could Four to Five grown adults consisting of Father, Mother be living in just a Tiny single room. And anyone would tell me those people are Human Beings??
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by frankoben(m): 10:59pm On Dec 26, 2023
koboko69:
Woman Who Bragged On Social Media About Her New Job At A Luxury Store Sacked Before First Shift

An online video of how a young woman was sacked by a renowned company in the UK company even before she began her first shift has got many people talking.

Recently employed by Harrods, the lady identified as Akorede but known on TikTok as @korrxss, disclosed that she had not yet started her first shift when she received the notice of termination from the company.

Before the viral video of her dismissal, she had gone viral with a previous video in which she talked enthusiastically about her job at the UK-based luxury department store.

In that first video, she suggested that her social class has shot up because of her new employment, stating at one point:

“I’m dealing with the richest of the rich, who are you dealing with [giggles]?”

@korrxss

Lmk if u want tips on how to get innnn 🥰🥰🤗

But in the second video, her story changes. Sounding disappointed, she told her followers on TikTok that she didn’t even do her first shift at Harrods before she got fired for going on social media.

Akorede wondered who may have sent the footage to the employer after she was fired. She gave the situation further thought and concluded that it taught her an important lesson to avoid posting pleasant news on the internet.

“I got fired! Before I even did my first shift, I got fired. Someone must have sent the video ‘cos I don’t know how they must have found it. I took that video after I attended my induction; I’ve not even attended my first shift.

“That was really sad. I learnt a really valuable lesson; don’t ever tell good news to people or the internet, keep it to yourself. Upon reflection, that was kind of a shitty video; I was just joking and was just excited,” she said in part.

@theshadeborough

Sis really got sacked by luxury store #Harrods before even starting the job, due to a bragging video posted about her new role 🫣👀

Her story has drawn varied reactions online.

https://www.tiktok.com/@korrxss/video/7315561186412612896?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=mobile&sender_web_id=7226116796024784426

Naija girls and rich men, anyway now that ur chances of being with rich men is dashed why not try poor men for a change.....we don't bite you know...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Frcknl: 10:59pm On Dec 26, 2023
Staying in a single room as family is simply finance issues. The mentality is more important

Westernlove:

This reminds me of the Movie "Resident Evil"

That's what i see whenever i see Nigerians.

How could Four to Five grown adults consisting of Father, Mother be living in just a Tiny single room. And anyone would tell me those people are Human Beings??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Intrepid01(m): 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2023
I hope our brothers and sisters in UK will just stop this short video madness. Like their behaviour on the internet is disgusting. Many Nigerians I’ve been living in US for long without any post or video on their life over there. We just behave like unexposed people many times.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2023
Normally,yoruba pple talk too much.na normal tin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Jevica: 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2023
Some will even go to swimming pool and post their unclothedness on the status

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by JaskanFactor: 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2023
has anybody wondered maybe she did not get fired for going on social media announcing her new job, but instead she got fired cause Harrods was irritated by how disgustingly materialistic she was on her tiktok, like Nigerian culture is insanely materialistic, and Nigerians go abroad thinking other people are not offended or disgusted by overt materialistic behaviour.

Maybe Harrods does not want somebody with overtly materialistic outlook on life embarrassing their customers.

Fellow Nigerians beware what you talk about with each other to make sure you engage in meaningful conversation other than overt materialism, cause one day your life, and even your entire tribe and country may depend on it.

This is why people run away and fear african women , this shit is getting to some scary extreme level.

"I am going to be rolling with the richest of the rich" God help the man whose house that one ends up in as wife.

Is it safe to safe Nigeria is raising a nation of materialistic monsters , cause its same in my family ,they are 100% beasts of the material world, whilst pretending to be normal.

My late fathers body had hardly gone cold before his eldest son was fighting over his car. A no more friend of mine whose father collapsed in room with both of them robbed the man of car keys and other big ticket items, before going to raise alarm.

Beware of this people , listen to what they say in gest, could be your final warning to run away from them .

At this point in time where i am in Europe as Yoruba man, anytime i hear people speaking Yoruba i run away, they have proved to be far more dangerous to me even than the European Nazis that call me nigger and shit skin.

Yoruba people and thier insane madness for material world are living on borrowed time. Yoruba people you need to speak to each other and come to your senses before its too late.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Offpoint1: 11:21pm On Dec 26, 2023
spinna:
Even saying she jas link to get in..na HR department she add herself to.. dumb
That's what got her fired, I'm 100% certain

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Originalsly: 11:28pm On Dec 26, 2023
Good. If she were employed I can see her posting photos or videos of wealthy customers on Tik tok.... if she can't keep her own business private why would one expect her to keep others private? They may even blacklist her. Let her keep believing somebody snitched on her.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Barcalee: 11:29pm On Dec 26, 2023
Village people......when your yam is big cover it whilst eating don't make noise
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by yom2(m): 12:02am On Dec 27, 2023
koboko69:
Woman Who Bragged On Social Media About Her New Job At A Luxury Store Sacked Before First Shift

An online video of how a young woman was sacked by a renowned company in the UK company even before she began her first shift has got many people talking.

Recently employed by Harrods, the lady identified as Akorede but known on TikTok as @korrxss, disclosed that she had not yet started her first shift when she received the notice of termination from the company.

Before the viral video of her dismissal, she had gone viral with a previous video in which she talked enthusiastically about her job at the UK-based luxury department store.

In that first video, she suggested that her social class has shot up because of her new employment, stating at one point:

@korrxss

But in the second video, her story changes. Sounding disappointed, she told her followers on TikTok that she didn’t even do her first shift at Harrods before she got fired for going on social media.

Akorede wondered who may have sent the footage to the employer after she was fired. She gave the situation further thought and concluded that it taught her an important lesson to avoid posting pleasant news on the internet.

“I got fired! Before I even did my first shift, I got fired. Someone must have sent the video ‘cos I don’t know how they must have found it. I took that video after I attended my induction; I’ve not even attended my first shift.

“That was really sad. I learnt a really valuable lesson; don’t ever tell good news to people or the internet, keep it to yourself. Upon reflection, that was kind of a shitty video; I was just joking and was just excited,” she said in part.

@theshadeborough

Sis really got sacked by luxury store #Harrods before even starting the job, due to a bragging video posted about her new role 🫣👀

https://www.tiktok.com/@korrxss/video/7315561186412612896?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=mobile&sender_web_id=7226116796024784426
she think say na Niger she dey
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by kunle75(m): 12:05am On Dec 27, 2023
koboko69:

@korrxss

@theshadeborough

Serves her and her minions right, bunch of delusional everywhere.
This is 21st century, the HR/immigration department checks everything you posted on the internet once they have access to your details, and since you have submitted such for verification before your employment its so easy to track your activity online. Maybe this one will teach her and some others valuable lessons.

Now you said it yourself that you are now dealing with the rich,meaning you will after the customers and not the job you were employed to do,and now your ass got fired for your stupidity and you are sent back to trenches where you belong.
Enjoy your new found poverty.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Nolevel666: 12:20am On Dec 27, 2023
Leave social media una nor dey hear.

These days you cannot express your displeasure on a trending Instagram post without commenters visiting your page to see if you posted your flamboyant lifestyle all over for them to see and know you are “well to do” before making the comment or else they will try to broke shame you because they think posting your full life on Instagram is the only way to know a well to do person.

Had to quit social media all together.

Most Nigerians are useless bunch of fools

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by armadeo(m): 12:24am On Dec 27, 2023
There's this guy holding a placard saying always resist the urge to shalaye!!!!!!

Thenpic makes so much sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Alpharey: 12:32am On Dec 27, 2023
All these people that voted Tinubu and were bragging about how it is his turn to rule, how are you faring and feeling right now. 😀😀. Don't worry, una go explain tire.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by MorataFC: 12:35am On Dec 27, 2023
Natbrowny:
They terminated the employment coz her post sounded like.

I go steal from these rich men. And that's gonna affect company's good will

Na so one guy (Sergi) that year post say. I can never play for Barcelona.
Barca signed him 3 years later. Fans dug up the post and Barca terminated the contract b4 e even kicked a ball

Be careful what u say online
WOW
As a sport enthusiast, how did I miss this news?
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by elverdad: 12:40am On Dec 27, 2023
Just came to check the name of the idiot

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by wonlasewonimi: 12:45am On Dec 27, 2023
LIDL pays better anyway.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Juju70(m): 1:00am On Dec 27, 2023
Ewu!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by grandstar(m): 1:10am On Dec 27, 2023
I remember being in Harrods in 2020. It is a very big place with lots of luxury brands.

I also remember not buying a single thing. I just didn't want to.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by ImratiiGuy: 2:01am On Dec 27, 2023
This one village people don follow ãm.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by sisisioge: 2:02am On Dec 27, 2023
Jisos! Can you imagine! So she wants to jeopardize the safety of her company and customers by disclosing private info online abi....silly girl!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by shineeye1: 2:43am On Dec 27, 2023
koboko69:

@korrxss

@theshadeborough

Why nah. Wike has done worse and nobody sacked him...
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Impliment: 2:50am On Dec 27, 2023
Just like Achebe Chinue said in his book'The Trouble With Nigeria' Nigerians are noisy, dirty, ostentatious. She is just a replica of these.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:00am On Dec 27, 2023
I wonder why they get annoyed when they are called fish brains.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘Oladayo Timothy, MD Ressortir Global Is After My Life’ - Gideon Okoli Cries Out / Meet Michael Chukwuebuka Who Sells Bottled, Pure Water In Suit In Lagos (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Man Who Sells Doughnut Helped By A Nigerian Lawyer, Effiong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.