Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok (60992 Views)

Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs / Keke Driver Who Returned Nearly N600K Forgotten By Woman Gets Rewarded. Photos / All Yourba Staff Was Fired In My Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by purples25(f): 8:41am On Dec 27, 2023
Those who post on social media, post all their good things, e.g celebrities, I wonder how strong the spirits around them are.

The moment you post something good about yourself, many people will be angry, because they don't have it, and they want it for themselves. Those who are not attacked but admired for posting their good luck just have a lot of grace, and they still have some low key, die hard haters.

Maybe it's just jealousy, but honestly people are suffering and it hurts to see another person bragging about what you can never get. Some will be inspired, some will feel very very hurt. They will feel you did it to pepper them, they will come out to hurt you too.

I posted my baby on my WhatsApp after giving birth. I was posting freely until one girl on my WhatsApp started aggressively posting pictures of her friends babies online. She's been in my contacts for a year without doing anything like that. Once I started posting, she went and found tiktoks and videos of all her friends babies abroad. Till today she's still posting. She's indirectly trying to tell me mine is nothing. When i made the mistake of showing my hurt on that same WhatsApp, she immediately posted a video on her status of her laughing hard with a friend. That was the proof that she was indeed attacking me. Plus a meme saying 'you push me, I push you. You do for me, I do for you!' ...hmmm. Madness.

To go for a one month old baby, jealous of a new mom with a one month old because the mom is happy, well, taught me more about the kind of people on social media, even somewhere as little as WhatsApp.

It made me understand that this life is a competition to many people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by DissTroy(m): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2023
As a rule, I don't get personal with people who post and share details about their lives and recent developments on social media. Especially women.

I do not update my Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter locations and relationship status. I deliberately crop my pictures so you can't exactly tell where I am. When I can, I prefer taking pictures in plain or neutral backgrounds. Mostly selfies. When I do, it's at intervals. I won't reveal who I am hanging out with or the women in my life.
I travel to faraway places without as much as a picture on social media. You won't see my grief too.

I haven't updated more than 7 times on my Facebook timeline this year even though I am active on Facebook and post in groups and on pages. Oh! I have been linking up and meeting people via inbox. The timeline doesn't need to know who I am sleeping or hanging out with.

Once I notice a female with a mutual attraction is the type to post about anything and everything, I withdraw from her. In fact, I scrutinise a woman's timeline before intimacy. Whether it goes better or worse after intimacy, the timeline doesn't need to know.
Don't tag me to loved up or intimacy posts or pictures too, lady.

People don't know where to draw the line. Everything is 'content' for bored strangers on the internet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Kaido: 9:06am On Dec 27, 2023
purples25:
Those who post on social media, post all their good things, e.g celebrities, I wonder how strong the spirits around them are.

The moment you post something good about yourself, many people will be angry, because they don't have it, and they want it for themselves. Those who are not attacked but admired for posting their good luck just have a lot of grace, and they still have some low key, die hard haters.

Maybe it's just jealousy, but honestly people are suffering and it hurts to see another person bragging about what you can never get. Some will be inspired, some will feel very very hurt. They will feel you did it to pepper them, they will come out to hurt you too.

I posted my baby on my WhatsApp after giving birth. I was posting freely until one girl on my WhatsApp started aggressively posting pictures of her friends babies online. She's been in my contacts for a year without doing anything like that. Once I started posting, she went and found tiktoks and videos of all her friends babies abroad. Till today she's still posting. She's indirectly trying to tell me mine is nothing. When i made the mistake of showing my hurt on that same WhatsApp, she immediately posted a video on her status of her laughing hard with a friend. That was the proof that she was indeed attacking me. Plus a meme saying 'you push me, I push you. You do for me, I do for you!' ...hmmm. Madness.

To go for a one month old baby, jealous of a new mom with a one month old because the mom is happy, well, taught me more about the kind of people on social media, even somewhere as little as WhatsApp.

It made me understand that this life is a competition to many people.
If you are not marketing your products or your skills, abeg stop posting about your private life or moods on your WhatsApp status and Facebook.

I remember when my sister posted me on her WhatsApp status on my birthday ,I warned not to ever try it again. I dey hide myself to live long but she wan expose me. grin

There are lots of bitter people than happy people in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by purples25(f): 9:13am On Dec 27, 2023
Kaido:

If you are not marketing your products or your skills, abeg stop posting about your private life or moods on your WhatsApp status and Facebook.

I remember when my sister posted me on her WhatsApp status on my birthday ,I warned not to ever try it again. I dey hide myself to live long but she wan expose me. grin

There are lots of bitter people than happy people in Naija.

@ bold, that's the main deal. Some complained that I didn't even let anyone know I married or bla bla bla. But the baby saga don teach me.

I don change my sim sef, most of my contacts are gone. It will help me care less to post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Exceed15: 9:17am On Dec 27, 2023
Social media has worked against this one.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Natbrowny: 9:19am On Dec 27, 2023
Uncletony:

Tinubu said he doesn't believe in one Nigeria but today he's president. 4get nothing happens to the wealthy thieves.
Rules doesn't apply to been resident in Nigeria. 😂

If u japa. Drop ur naija bullshit for airport.

Still b careful. A dude got a job offer cancelled by GTB after he posted years back that he cannot work in GTB.
He fit b president 2moro.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Kaido: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2023
purples25:

@ bold, that's the main deal. Some complained that I didn't even let anyone know I married or bla bla bla. But the baby saga don teach me.
Even if you had told them, they will come not to witness the beautiful matrimonial ceremony but to know how flashy & big the wedding gon be. Which kind dignitaries come? How the hall decoration be? Whether dey food sweet? How ugly is the groom? Her makeup too cheap sef etc

Chai! We too get wahala for this country
W

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by justmondris: 9:44am On Dec 27, 2023
Social media is not your diary. Learn to keep a lot of things off social media. It would help if you learned it now or learned it the hard way later.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Mayeldah(m): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2023
sometimes.....

wrong use of Social media equals village people

That your phone could be your village people if you no use ya head

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by purples25(f): 9:58am On Dec 27, 2023
Kaido:

Even if you had told them, they will come not to witness the beautiful matrimonial ceremony but to know how flashy & big the wedding gon be. Which kind dignitaries come? How the hall decoration be? Whether dey food sweet? How ugly is the groom? Her makeup too cheap sef etc

Chai! We too get wahala for this country
W

I'm telling you! I don't want unnecessary insults. On that d day they go rate you finish...mock you finish. I just respect myself, dey my dey.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Thauvin: 9:59am On Dec 27, 2023
Aunty wey mumu
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by DaddyJapan(m): 10:01am On Dec 27, 2023
Messina123:

No you don't understand. Posting is the problem. When we the elites go to Harrods we're at risk of her exposing us to the internet. That's 2hat Harrods has tried to curtail. Get your money up so you can enjoy the privileges associated with it.

True, her digital footprint marked her out as a potential liability to Harrods.

Maggie A (@maggieanne.n) posted to her TikTok about her time working at the department store saying there are a few things people probably don't know about unless they worked there.

It is unsurprising that Harrods sees lots of celebrities visit the stores with Maggie mentioning people like Drake and Beyonce in her video, but she also said that if a celebrity visited the shop, the staff were not allowed to let on they knew who the celebrity was, even if it was really obvious.

Maggie then went on to say that if they did serve a celebrity, they could never ask for a photo and some people even lost their job for doing so.

Maggie said: "I have known people to literally get the sack because they've asked for pictures with celebrities and you are not allowed to do that, that is a no go. You do not ask a celebrity for a selfie when you're working in Harrods".

Source: https://www.mylondon.news/whats-on/whats-on-news/ex-harrods-worker-warns-staff-26890494
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by femi4: 10:02am On Dec 27, 2023
Natbrowny:

I agree social media has its positives.

But in general its a curse. And unfortunately we have to live with it.
It's not a curse. If you know the amount of wealth it has created, you won't call it a curse. Stop demonising technology.

Road accident happens everyday, does that make vehicles a curse
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by NOwazobia: 10:48am On Dec 27, 2023
Pierohandsome:
They think UK is a country you misbehave like Nigeria without consequences. Those guys over there have ethics. Nigeria is lawless
Very Very lawless!
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Natbrowny: 11:10am On Dec 27, 2023
femi4:
It's not a curse. If you know the amount of wealth it has created, you won't call it a curse. Stop demonising technology.

Road accident happens everyday, does that make vehicles a curse

I'm not demonising technology per say.

Imagine saying water is life and among ur audience, there is someone who lost many family members to drowning.

Some people lost life savings to technology. They agree technology has come to say.. They may not like it but they have no choice than 2 use it.. Look around its everywhere u look.

PERSPECTIVE.

A man in zamfara stat3, kaura namoda to be specific lost millions thru technology. He didnt do anytin wrong but was defrauded. He built a vault and keeps his money.. Mo'fucker is a billionaire till date. Claims to be in beans business..

In 2010 or so. ASUP went on strike.. He volunteered to pay lecturers as he doesn't want his town to b a ghost town due to students absence.. I was in the game back then. Define game to ur taste in this scenario.

I agree wit u.. Cars r necessity. Accidents happens even with horses n camels. And me saying its a curse doesn't means i demonise technology. I'm even using it to pass this message and u r using it to read n respond.

But aint life itsef a curse. But who cares. We r living it.

Appreciate ur response though..
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Excuzeme: 11:33am On Dec 27, 2023
Natbrowny:
They terminated the employment coz her post sounded like.

I go steal from these rich men. And that's gonna affect company's good will

Na so one guy (Sergi) that year post say. I can never play for Barcelona.
Barca signed him 3 years later. Fans dug up the post and Barca terminated the contract b4 e even kicked a ball

Be careful what u say online

How l wish that our Politicians would face the same fate!
Today, they will say on Party is a "Cancer Party", tomorrow, they will decamp to the same cancer party.
May that Cancer they use their mouth to call, catch them eventually.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by princefunm: 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2023
koboko69:
Woman Who Bragged On Social Media About Her New Job At A Luxury Store Sacked Before First Shift

An online video of how a young woman was sacked by a renowned company in the UK company even before she began her first shift has got many people talking.

Recently employed by Harrods, the lady identified as Akorede but known on TikTok as @korrxss, disclosed that she had not yet started her first shift when she received the notice of termination from the company.

Before the viral video of her dismissal, she had gone viral with a previous video in which she talked enthusiastically about her job at the UK-based luxury department store.

In that first video, she suggested that her social class has shot up because of her new employment, stating at one point:

“I’m dealing with the richest of the rich, who are you dealing with [giggles]?”

@korrxss

Lmk if u want tips on how to get innnn 🥰🥰🤗

But in the second video, her story changes. Sounding disappointed, she told her followers on TikTok that she didn’t even do her first shift at Harrods before she got fired for going on social media.

Akorede wondered who may have sent the footage to the employer after she was fired. She gave the situation further thought and concluded that it taught her an important lesson to avoid posting pleasant news on the internet.

“I got fired! Before I even did my first shift, I got fired. Someone must have sent the video ‘cos I don’t know how they must have found it. I took that video after I attended my induction; I’ve not even attended my first shift.

“That was really sad. I learnt a really valuable lesson; don’t ever tell good news to people or the internet, keep it to yourself. Upon reflection, that was kind of a shitty video; I was just joking and was just excited,” she said in part.

@theshadeborough

Sis really got sacked by luxury store #Harrods before even starting the job, due to a bragging video posted about her new role 🫣👀

Her story has drawn varied reactions online.

https://www.tiktok.com/@korrxss/video/7315561186412612896?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=mobile&sender_web_id=7226116796024784426

Ode ti e le leyi

Someone must have sent the footage to her employer....

You literally posted it yourself on TikTok you dimwit.

How public can public ever get. Abi you think say an Naija you dey where na geriatric dey run things?

You mention the name of a renowned company in UK on a public space and you think they won't be listening?

You wanted to brag now.....oya so pe o ti lo
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Rowj: 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2023
zombieHUNTER:
undecided

All these wicked people that voted APc yet left the country....

Karma will locate you one after the other..

She should quickly come back to Lagos that Tinubu built and enjoy the reap the dividends of foolishness..nawa for your brain ooo, you no get sense at all, elections are over, and you are still wallowing in pains.

A dollar is now 1200 to the Naira..
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by zombieHUNTER: 3:22pm On Dec 27, 2023
[quote author=Rowj post=127647874][/quote]

Elections are over?..

won't we enjoy the repercussions of our decisions. in the next four years

A dollar is 1200...

what will it be in 12 months Time
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by evsimmigration: 6:49pm On Dec 27, 2023
[That's the life of Afonji...Always boasting when they know they are nonentity.
If she happens to be an igbo lady, thies Yoruba Thiefff wil not allow us have rest

quote author=dangermouse post=127637400]All for the gram.

Some folks are just too daft.

Not everything you take to the net. At least you learnt your lessons.[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Darkestking: 12:30am On Dec 28, 2023
She was poverty shaming people on tiktok and violated Harrods code of ethics and company policy. They decided that she's a liability and that they don't want people like her, working for them.

Totally justified and it's entirely her fault.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Dshocker(m): 3:56am On Dec 28, 2023
The major reason they terminated her employment, was because, those luxury items are now more exposed and can be stolen, through her.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by placeofallure(f): 6:12am On Dec 28, 2023
Pierohandsome:
They think UK is a country you misbehave like Nigeria without consequences. Those guys over there have ethics. Nigeria is lawless

Your comment sums it all up. Many people here are anyhow people. This 'anyhowness' will teach some people valid lessons!
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by dangermouse(m): 7:58am On Dec 28, 2023
evsimmigration:
[That's the life of Afonji...Always boasting when they know they are nonentity.
If she happens to be an igbo lady, thies Yoruba Thiefff wil not allow us have rest

quote author=dangermouse post=127637400]All for the gram.

Some folks are just too daft.

Not everything you take to the net. At least you learnt your lessons.

It cuts across every tribe and race. Not everything you see on social media is real. Most are fake.

Celebrities started this but mostly for PR purposes but the copy cats who wants to impress and chase clout all the time ,keyed in. Why would you want to impress someone that is remote and doesn't even know who you are and don't care?
Ladies mostly and these internet fraudsters.

Those living a good life tends to be on the low-key and hardly go on social media to expose it.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Thomasankara(m): 9:20am On Dec 28, 2023
[/color]when traveling abroad rearrange your philosophy,cos u're now in a more saner clime. Nigerian feminine mentality was the greatest undoing of this one[color=#770077]
koboko69:
Woman Who Bragged On Social Media About Her New Job At A Luxury Store Sacked Before First Shift

An online video of how a young woman was sacked by a renowned company in the UK company even before she began her first shift has got many people talking.

Recently employed by Harrods, the lady identified as Akorede but known on TikTok as @korrxss, disclosed that she had not yet started her first shift when she received the notice of termination from the company.

Before the viral video of her dismissal, she had gone viral with a previous video in which she talked enthusiastically about her job at the UK-based luxury department store.

In that first video, she suggested that her social class has shot up because of her new employment, stating at one point:

“I’m dealing with the richest of the rich, who are you dealing with [giggles]?”

@korrxss

Lmk if u want tips on how to get innnn 🥰🥰🤗

But in the second video, her story changes. Sounding disappointed, she told her followers on TikTok that she didn’t even do her first shift at Harrods before she got fired for going on social media.

Akorede wondered who may have sent the footage to the employer after she was fired. She gave the situation further thought and concluded that it taught her an important lesson to avoid posting pleasant news on the internet.

“I got fired! Before I even did my first shift, I got fired. Someone must have sent the video ‘cos I don’t know how they must have found it. I took that video after I attended my induction; I’ve not even attended my first shift.

“That was really sad. I learnt a really valuable lesson; don’t ever tell good news to people or the internet, keep it to yourself. Upon reflection, that was kind of a shitty video; I was just joking and was just excited,” she said in part.

@theshadeborough

Sis really got sacked by luxury store #Harrods before even starting the job, due to a bragging video posted about her new role 🫣👀

Her story has drawn varied reactions online.

https://www.tiktok.com/@korrxss/video/7315561186412612896?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=mobile&sender_web_id=7226116796024784426
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Thomasankara(m): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2023
[/color]you are not different from her[color=#770077]
zombieHUNTER:
undecided

All these wicked people that voted APc yet left the country....

Karma will locate you one after the other..

She should quickly come back to Lagos that Tinubu built and enjoy the reap the dividends of foolishness..

A dollar is now 1200 to the Naira..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

KPMG Salary Structure: Salary Payment Of Staffs Of KPMG Nigeria / Manager By Day, Sugar Baby At Night: A Week In The Life / ‘Oladayo Timothy, MD Ressortir Global Is After My Life’ - Gideon Okoli Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.