Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok (60960 Views)

Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs / Keke Driver Who Returned Nearly N600K Forgotten By Woman Gets Rewarded. Photos / All Yourba Staff Was Fired In My Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by omonla10(m): 3:15am On Dec 27, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
The uk is grossly exaggerated
how?
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by efficiencie(m): 3:45am On Dec 27, 2023
koboko69:
Woman Who Bragged On Social Media About Her New Job At A Luxury Store Sacked Before First Shift

An online video of how a young woman was sacked by a renowned company in the UK company even before she began her first shift has got many people talking.

Recently employed by Harrods, the lady identified as Akorede but known on TikTok as @korrxss, disclosed that she had not yet started her first shift when she received the notice of termination from the company.

Before the viral video of her dismissal, she had gone viral with a previous video in which she talked enthusiastically about her job at the UK-based luxury department store.

In that first video, she suggested that her social class has shot up because of her new employment, stating at one point:

“I’m dealing with the richest of the rich, who are you dealing with [giggles]?”

@korrxss

Lmk if u want tips on how to get innnn 🥰🥰🤗

But in the second video, her story changes. Sounding disappointed, she told her followers on TikTok that she didn’t even do her first shift at Harrods before she got fired for going on social media.

Akorede wondered who may have sent the footage to the employer after she was fired. She gave the situation further thought and concluded that it taught her an important lesson to avoid posting pleasant news on the internet.

“I got fired! Before I even did my first shift, I got fired. Someone must have sent the video ‘cos I don’t know how they must have found it. I took that video after I attended my induction; I’ve not even attended my first shift.

“That was really sad. I learnt a really valuable lesson; don’t ever tell good news to people or the internet, keep it to yourself. Upon reflection, that was kind of a shitty video; I was just joking and was just excited,” she said in part.

@theshadeborough

Sis really got sacked by luxury store #Harrods before even starting the job, due to a bragging video posted about her new role 🫣👀

Her story has drawn varied reactions online.

https://www.tiktok.com/@korrxss/video/7315561186412612896?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=mobile&sender_web_id=7226116796024784426

Lesson: be sober, be vigilant... 1 Peter 5: 8
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Watoni2T(m): 4:09am On Dec 27, 2023
Serves her right...
Next time ignore social media and focus..
Her foolishness no get part two.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Desusi: 4:13am On Dec 27, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
The uk is grossly exaggerated
I wonder oooo.if there's any country l hate to stay its UK. It's overrated as if its heaven.Their racism would not be demonstrated openly like Germans but in a stylish way.In fact,they are worst than German and Belgian put together. Shior.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by delishpot: 4:23am On Dec 27, 2023
She found another job already but she didn't learn much from her experience

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by ericmor: 4:27am On Dec 27, 2023
Pierohandsome:
They think UK is a country you misbehave like Nigeria without consequences. Those guys over there have ethics. Nigeria is lawless

As in, if they leave that country in the hands of Nigerians, it will collapse in a year or two

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by VEHINTOLAR: 4:43am On Dec 27, 2023
The idiot thought she was in her native Nigeria,oponu !

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by VEHINTOLAR: 4:52am On Dec 27, 2023
JaskanFactor:
has anybody wondered maybe she did not get fired for going on social media announcing her new job, but instead she got fired cause Harrods was irritated by how disgustingly materialistic she was on her tiktok, like Nigerian culture is insanely materialistic, and Nigerians go abroad thinking other people are not offended or disgusted by overt materialistic behaviour.

Maybe Harrods does not want somebody with overtly materialistic outlook on life embarrassing their customers.

Fellow Nigerians beware what you talk about with each other to make sure you engage in meaningful conversation other than overt materialism, cause one day your life, and even your entire tribe and country may depend on it.

This is why people run away and fear african women , this shit is getting to some scary extreme level.

"I am going to be rolling with the richest of the rich" God help the man whose house that one ends up in as wife.

Is it safe to safe Nigeria is raising a nation of materialistic monsters , cause its same in my family ,they are 100% beasts of the material world, whilst pretending to be normal.

My late fathers body had hardly gone cold before his eldest son was fighting over his car. A no more friend of mine whose father collapsed in room with both of them robbed the man of car keys and other big ticket items, before going to raise alarm.

Beware of this people , listen to what they say in gest, could be your final warning to run away from them .

At this point in time where i am in Europe as Yoruba Igbo man, anytime i hear people speaking Yoruba Igbo i run away, they have proved to be far more dangerous to me even than the European Nazis that call me nigger and shit skin.

Yoruba Igbo people and thier insane madness for material world are living on borrowed time. Yoruba Igbo people you need to speak to each other and come to your senses before its too late.

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by toyinid78: 5:01am On Dec 27, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
loud , obnoxious ugly low life baboon,why God group me with Nigerians tufiakwa.

instead of you to go their and hustle you went to display your stupidity,deport her asap.
Are u asking same God that created her sane question, that baboon u can create ,are u different from her with this utterances

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by 7arrows: 5:09am On Dec 27, 2023
koboko69:
Woman Who Bragged On Social Media About Her New Job At A Luxury Store Sacked Before First Shift

An online video of how a young woman was sacked by a renowned company in the UK company even before she began her first shift has got many people talking.

Recently employed by Harrods, the lady identified as Akorede but known on TikTok as @korrxss, disclosed that she had not yet started her first shift when she received the notice of termination from the company.

Before the viral video of her dismissal, she had gone viral with a previous video in which she talked enthusiastically about her job at the UK-based luxury department store.

In that first video, she suggested that her social class has shot up because of her new employment, stating at one point:

@korrxss

But in the second video, her story changes. Sounding disappointed, she told her followers on TikTok that she didn’t even do her first shift at Harrods before she got fired for going on social media.

Akorede wondered who may have sent the footage to the employer after she was fired. She gave the situation further thought and concluded that it taught her an important lesson to avoid posting pleasant news on the internet.

“I got fired! Before I even did my first shift, I got fired. Someone must have sent the video ‘cos I don’t know how they must have found it. I took that video after I attended my induction; I’ve not even attended my first shift.

“That was really sad. I learnt a really valuable lesson; don’t ever tell good news to people or the internet, keep it to yourself. Upon reflection, that was kind of a shitty video; I was just joking and was just excited,” she said in part.

@theshadeborough

Sis really got sacked by luxury store #Harrods before even starting the job, due to a bragging video posted about her new role 🫣👀

https://www.tiktok.com/@korrxss/video/7315561186412612896?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=mobile&sender_web_id=7226116796024784426

I'm sure you have learnt ur lesson. Everything na social media. Meeewww
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by eneyoduke(m): 5:39am On Dec 27, 2023
verybadmouth:
She got what she deserved. Bloody nuisance.
Pepper dem gang
Na Wike sister
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Abufo: 5:46am On Dec 27, 2023
zombieHUNTER:
undecided

All these wicked people that voted APc yet left the country....

Karma will locate you one after the other..

She should quickly come back to Lagos that Tinubu built and enjoy the reap the dividends of foolishness..

A dollar is now 1200 to the Naira..

you dey mind dem! ndi ofe.............when it comes to demolishing what they did not build...dem go come first!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by MasterTeeUSA: 5:49am On Dec 27, 2023
A stitch in time saves nine. Harrods does not want their clients' names on TikTok, and its clear this one will not keep quiet about the customers visiting the stores and how much they are spending or will spend. Lets hope he can find another job because she is now all over social media now.

koboko69:

@korrxss

@theshadeborough

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by yahoodetector: 5:55am On Dec 27, 2023
Another Ronuite bites the dust. She thinks UK is like Lagos and Harrods like Bulaba's personal company where you will come and brag anyhow? These people and chest beating.

Serves the mugu right
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by jamesversion: 5:57am On Dec 27, 2023
Natbrowny:
They terminated the employment coz her post sounded like.

I go steal from these rich men. And that's gonna affect company's good will

Na so one guy (Sergi) that year post say. I can never play for Barcelona.
Barca signed him 3 years later. Fans dug up the post and Barca terminated the contract b4 e even kicked a ball

Be careful what u say online

It happened to Benitez also. When he coach of Liverpool, he said many shitty things about Chelsea. When he was out of job, Chelsea signed him and the Chelsea fans gave him hell until he quit from Chelsea.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by yahoodetector: 6:08am On Dec 27, 2023
CrossRhodes:

Noodles thick na
E be like na akamu dey inside

Na ewedu
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by yahoodetector: 6:11am On Dec 27, 2023
MrNairalandd come and see your sister with her big forehead with nothing inside but ewedu chestbeating after voting for APC and going to UK to disgrace herself. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Pat081: 6:47am On Dec 27, 2023
She should thank God that they don't send her back home useless fool
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Uncletony(m): 7:03am On Dec 27, 2023
Natbrowny:
They terminated the employment coz her post sounded like.

I go steal from these rich men. And that's gonna affect company's good will

Na so one guy (Sergi) that year post say. I can never play for Barcelona.
Barca signed him 3 years later. Fans dug up the post and Barca terminated the contract b4 e even kicked a ball

Be careful what u say online
Tinubu said he doesn't believe in one Nigeria but today he's president. 4get nothing happens to the wealthy thieves.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by saintadeola: 7:06am On Dec 27, 2023
Posting is not a problem,but she sound stupid with pride in d video,
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Messina123: 7:09am On Dec 27, 2023
saintadeola:
Posting is not a problem,but she sound stupid with pride in d video,

No you don't understand. Posting is the problem. When we the elites go to Harrods we're at risk of her exposing us to the internet. That's 2hat Harrods has tried to curtail. Get your money up so you can enjoy the privileges associated with it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by warrifinest1985: 7:13am On Dec 27, 2023
Nice one Harord! They fired her sorry ass before her shift even began because of her lousy mouth. If this kind get better money i swear she go waka on top people head. One ibo man in my neighbourhood who is late now was building a very massive duplex in my neighbourhood, he came to his site and told workers that he will pay them only 50% of their money each that he was not having enough cash on him that he will be going to UBA bank in the morning to withdraw cash the next day to pay them their balance. And guess what he was shot and killed by robbers on his way from the bank and they went away with his money. WHY BECAUSE HE FOOLISHLY GAVE THE INFORMATION AWAY THE PREVIOUS DAY. THIS LIFE NA BRAIN
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by yewit37486: 7:26am On Dec 27, 2023
warrifinest1985:
Nice one Harord! They fired her sorry ass before her shift even began because of her lousy mouth. If this kind get better money i swear she go waka on top people head. One ibo man in my neighbourhood who is late now was building a very massive duplex in my neighbourhood, he came to his site and told workers that he will pay them only 50% of their money each that he was not having enough cash on him that he will be going to UBA bank in the morning to withdraw cash the next day to pay them their balance. And guess what he was shot and killed by robbers on his way from the bank and they went away with his money. WHY BECAUSE HE FOOLISHLY GAVE THE INFORMATION AWAY THE PREVIOUS DAY. THIS LIFE NA BRAIN

His mouth killed him, just like this girl's mouth killed her job opportunity. Wisdom is truly profitable to direct.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by maasoap(m): 7:26am On Dec 27, 2023
spinna:
Even saying she has link to get in..na HR department she gum herself to.. dumb

This is it. She was totally off with that statement alone.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by maasoap(m): 7:30am On Dec 27, 2023
Pierohandsome:
They think UK is a country you misbehave like Nigeria without consequences. Those guys over there have ethics. Nigeria is lawless
Easy on your country bro. Nigeria is a country where employer sacked Happie Boys for dancing on duty. The company did the right thing but "you" citizens took the company to the cleaner, dragged them on social media for days and even rewarded the boys beyond their imagination.
If you are in Nigeria and employed by an organisation, post the same shit and let's see what to you after grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by maasoap(m): 7:39am On Dec 27, 2023
zombieHUNTER:
undecided

All these wicked people that voted APc yet left the country....

Karma will locate you one after the other..

She should quickly come back to Lagos that Tinubu built and enjoy the reap the dividends of foolishness..

A dollar is now 1200 to the Naira..

And your own bitterness and bitter comment was prejudiced based on her Yoruba name, really!
Was she in the country during the election? If yes, did she vote? If yes, did it make sense to you to conclude based on her name that she voted for Tinubu/APC? You're very dumb
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Agugbadin: 8:15am On Dec 27, 2023
Japa is Yoruba's favoirites .
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Egoveen: 8:15am On Dec 27, 2023
Very foolish woman with low IQ, how can you be bragging about work that you were yet to start,she is just that daft.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by fortune1968: 8:17am On Dec 27, 2023
tafabaloo:
Welcome back to the jobless club ...
She may find another job or even ,a better job .God is never short of plans and goodwill.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by Pierohandsome: 8:18am On Dec 27, 2023
maasoap:

Easy on your country bro. Nigeria is a country where employer sacked Happie Boys for dancing on duty. The company did the right thing but "you" citizens took the company to the cleaner, dragged them on social media for days and even rewarded the boys beyond their imagination.
If you are in Nigeria and employed by an organisation, post the same shit and let's see what to you after grin grin grin
You are right bro. But that doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is lawless
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by onyxo76(m): 8:21am On Dec 27, 2023
Angelfrost:
Sigh... Common sense no common sha.

Apart from the whole "Village People" myth/superstitions, who even posts every detail of his or her personal and private life on social media?!!

Make una try dey keep personal things away from the media space. Abi, Dem swear for una?!!

very common with the female folk, very daft lady...must you post everything about yourself on social media? how many times do you see otedola,adenuga children post anything online? but these low life attention seeking folks...they must sha show themselves.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gets Fired In The UK Before First Shift After Bragging On Tiktok by fortune1968: 8:21am On Dec 27, 2023
Egoveen:
Very foolish woman with low IQ, how can you be bragging about work that you were yet to start,she is just that daft.
Don't blame her too much .She wasn't raised in that environment .I also feel the company is a bit high handed .She could have been warned . Anyway ,she has learnt her lessons .At times ,an unfortunate incident may ultimately put the victim on a higher pedestal .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘Oladayo Timothy, MD Ressortir Global Is After My Life’ - Gideon Okoli Cries Out / Meet Michael Chukwuebuka Who Sells Bottled, Pure Water In Suit In Lagos (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Man Who Sells Doughnut Helped By A Nigerian Lawyer, Effiong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.