Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael (40026 Views)

'my Father Is An Idiot'- Emeka Ike Son, Michael Blows Hot ( Video, Picture) / "My Baby’s Now A Man" - Omotola Gushes On Her Son Michael, On His 19th Birthday / Emeka Ike Kisses Hajia Buari, Nadia Buari's Mother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by chieni(f): 11:24pm On Dec 27, 2023
kerry57:
Can this boy stop talking on the social space. I don't think his father would have told him whatever he told him if he was acting right and not as a mummy dummy.

The worst that can happen to a family is a divided family where a mother will brain wash a child that was trained by a man into believing that his or her father is an enemy. That is what we see in most cases of broken home.
Uncle watch the interview.
Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by chieni(f): 11:27pm On Dec 27, 2023
SmartyPants:

I wonder how a fight between a man and his wife becomes "our" affairs from the perspective of the child? A man is talking about losing all he worked for and all his son can say is stop talking about our affairs publicly, in other words, stop putting my mother to shame.

Read between the lines.
Watch the interview sir.
Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by chieni(f): 11:28pm On Dec 27, 2023
IkemChris:
The media should stay off this family please...Why do we present family issues in public like this?... everyone in one point or the other have family issues... why make theirs a topic for national consumption.. Emeka ike is not bad neither is his wife or son... they are all just having a misunderstanding...
misunderstanding with physical assault. Omo women don suffer. May it not happen to your loved ones
Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by ComeToJesus: 12:13am On Dec 28, 2023
KanuSE:

Are you trying to justify the boy's behaviour?

Not in any way.
Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by Sirianese: 1:15am On Dec 28, 2023
Rapmoney:

Source:
https://punchmetro.com/im-dead-to-my-father-says-emeka-ikes-son/

This mumu no know say Chude & Co just dey use him for clicks and likes, he thinks he is now a celebrity so he's throwing his father under the bus

Fool
Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by highoctane: 5:56am On Dec 28, 2023
A man that a woman weaves a rope for will definitely jump over the wall into the land of evil spirits.

Nwata nwanyi na turu udó geji ma ngba jaa in di muo.
Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by Gandrova: 7:11am On Dec 28, 2023
Pierohandsome:
so by going to the public to denigrate his father in the public is the best way to register his displeasure right, he can't have a decent talk in private with his dad?

The boy is badly raised. How dare you correct your father in public
He is a foolish boy to disregard his dad publicly

1 Like

Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by Gandrova: 7:14am On Dec 28, 2023
Animegirl:

Sometimes Nigerian Men scare the hell out of me. They say "when a child is good it is the father, but once the child is bad the mother takes all the insult" you men are quick to insult women but you forget the roles you played while raising your kids.

Sir, with all due respect you're unintelligent. How does getting married to a bad woman relates with what the son said? That he condemned his father coming out to the public saying issues which are meant to be in private.

You are the one that is unintelligent, so you can correct or disrespect your dad publicly?
All this Indomie kid

1 Like

Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by Pierohandsome: 7:18am On Dec 28, 2023
chieni:

Why leave out the father's evil act in your judgement. Did he throw any insult at his father? This woman has been silent for years. Even when he wanted them to go their separate ways silently, he still defaulted by bringing up his wife as topic of discussion in his interview. You are one of those that quickly jump into conclusion without full information. Did you Watch the interview?

In private, he already told his father to stop bringing up the family affairs in public. What did his father do or say? He told him to go and get crushed by a trailer
So all the while the woman was screaming all over the social media and accusing Emeka Ike of battery, you expected him not to come public and clear his name right? Now he came to clear his name he suddenly became the one that came to the public.

I notice that only less 1% of Nigeria women are good women. Just look at how all the women in this forum and all over social media are busy justifying the boy and his mother , but this same women won't allow their own sons tolerate just a half of what they expect Emeka Ike to tolerate from their son's wives.

Just dey play
Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by Gandrova: 7:20am On Dec 28, 2023
Imagine a foolish boy and you want to excel.
Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by eliwa47(m): 8:24am On Dec 28, 2023
Thastie:

Emeka Ike ex wife had kept quiet for the longest. Most people don’t know what she looked like sef.
But Emeka on the other hand has been doing media rounds for a marriage that has ended over a decade and has all the documents online.

That narrative that women should be blamed for either good or bad is part of the patriarchal system Nigeria operates where women are blamed for men’s mistakes; it needs to stop.
That boy lived with his father for the longest, he has seen everything
Hmmm, believe me I quite understand you, but believe me her quietness means a lot!
Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by wirinet(m): 8:48am On Dec 28, 2023
DeepSight:

It really is good to follow the maxim we were taught in school - "Audi alterem partem" - Always "hear the other side."
As I said earlier, Emeka showed love to his wife and children the best way he could. He sponsored his wife from JAMB to Master's degree, he opened two businesses for her, one being be school since she is a qualified educator. This boy that's is badmouthing Emeka up and down got the best education money can buy in Nigeria. Emeka sent him to Turkish international school, that's one of the most expensive secondary schools in Nigeria. He paid to get him into university in Abuja.
Now you can understand Emeka's frustrations when one day the boy called his father that he no longer wants to continue going to school, but wants to be a musician. To make matters worse the boy is working as a waiter in a restaurant in Lagos. Any Nigerian father that loves his child will be livid.

Yes Emeka overreacted in the audio clip we heard, but the context of the conversation was never revealed. The mother just played the clip to fit her narrative. Why did she not play the whole audio conversation? I am sure the call was a set up. She already knew how Emeka would react and decided to record the conversation of the son telling his father that he has dropped out of school.

I know emeka ika has his own demons as no one is perfect, and no marriage is without its dark cupboard, but the wife is manipulating the children and public against her ex husband to gain sympathy.

Watch this Daddy freeze interview to gain further insights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N7bQOhmKpA?si=6FhQY1EAEhNXM2ON
Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by DeepSight(m): 9:05am On Dec 28, 2023
wirinet:

As I said earlier, Emeka showed love to his wife and children the best way he could. He sponsored his wife from JAMB to Master's degree, he opened two businesses for her, one being be school since she is a qualified educator. This boy that's is badmouthing Emeka up and down got the best education money can buy in Nigeria. Emeka sent him to Turkish international school, that's one of the most expensive secondary schools in Nigeria. He paid to get him into university in Abuja.
Now you can understand Emeka's frustrations when one day the boy called his father that he no longer wants to continue going to school, but wants to be a musician. To make matters worse the boy is working as a waiter in a restaurant in Lagos. Any Nigerian father that loves his child will be livid.

Yes Emeka overreacted in the audio clip we heard, but the context of the conversation was never revealed. The mother just played the clip to fit her narrative. Why did she not play the whole audio conversation? I am sure the call was a set up. She already knew how Emeka would react and decided to record the conversation of the son telling his father that he has dropped out of school.

I know emeka ika has his own demons as no one is perfect, and no marriage is without its dark cupboard, but the wife is manipulating the children and public against her ex husband to gain sympathy.

Watch this Daddy freeze interview to gain further insights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N7bQOhmKpA?si=6FhQY1EAEhNXM2ON

Just to be clear, in saying "audi alterem partem" I was indicating that I have a better view now, having heard from both sides thanks to you.

1 Like

Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by Jesubaby: 11:45am On Dec 28, 2023
[quote author=bigcasava1 post=127652643] Do you know what fathers go through to put food on the table? Like me I receive insults, sometimes stay awake all under mosquito bites, sometimes Involves in life threatening situation all to put food on the table. Relax men are going through a lot. [/quote
And you think mothers doesn't do that? What mothers do for her kids is more than what the father does. I repeat, she will never disown her child. So don't compare. Mothers are incomparable
Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by Jesubaby: 11:48am On Dec 28, 2023
bigcasava1:
Do you know what fathers go through to put food on the table? Like me I receive insults, sometimes stay awake all under mosquito bites, sometimes Involves in life threatening situation all to put food on the table. Relax men are going through a lot.
And you think mothers doesn't do that? What mothers do for her kids is more than what the father does. I repeat, she will never disown her child. So don't compare. Mothers are incomparable
Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by IkemChris(m): 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2023
chieni:

misunderstanding with physical assault. Omo women don suffer. May it not happen to your loved ones

Not saying what they did(both the man and the woman) is not bad.. I am only saying the matter no be National problem as the media presents it...

1 Like

Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by Xinox: 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2023
Lol Ms Empty show off @Janeedema,
My reaction to "Iam Dead to my father"context is correct!
Been "dead to someone" is a figurative expression used when you mean to say, you cut off from a relationship or treat someone as if the person does not exist. To me, it is as simple as him saying, he disown his father as in father/ son relationship.

Even if I am wrong, do you need to tell the whole world how English is Nigerians big problem? Are you not a Nigerian too?

See how you put it so emphatically not knowing you are the one missing the whole point here.

janeedema:
English is a big problem with Nigerians sha o. I totally understand that it isn't our first language, but that's why it's important to read before making comments on anything.

The post didn't say Emeka Ike's son said: my father is dead to me".

"I am dead to my father" is what the post says because the young lad was simply making a deduction from what his father said to him.

quote author=Xinox post=127646390]Hmm, I won't judge the young man but he disgusted me by publicly disowning his father. Do you have any idea what your father has gone through? Go back and correct that interview on air
Re: 'I Am Dead To My Father' - Emeka Ike's Son, Michael by Xinox: 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
MossLuv:

Did you read the whole story or you are just reacting to the caption?
It was the caption that put me off🙏🏽
How can a son for that matter say he is dead to the father??
From there it put me off

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fans Accuse Annie Idibia Of Bleaching / Regina Daniels Posing In A Private Jet In 10 Pictures / Genevieve Nnaji Stuns In Ankara Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.