Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Should I Be More Selfish? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Be More Selfish? (15896 Views)

Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish? / Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? / His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Be More Selfish? by Yemike(m): 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
asid:

I saw your email notification Sir but I don't have access to the email linked with my profile anymore. Please mail me on Ohgeebee95@gmail.com thanks.
Re: Should I Be More Selfish? by asid(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02
Yemike:

I saw your email notification Sir but I don't have access to the email linked with my profile anymore. Please mail me on Ohgeebee95@gmail.com thanks.

Emailed you.
Re: Should I Be More Selfish? by pansophist(m): 7:51pm On Jan 02
emmaodet:

So true

Oh, and not only that, but the fact that the dependency increases with time, and until you put a stop to it, they will never voluntarily stand on their own.

Even if they have a source of income, they will hide it and always put up an image of being wretched, helpless, hopeless, that if you don't immediately intervene, all hell will break.

Most people are stone, not seed. In fact even people that are seed are seeds because there is no one to parasite from. Humans by nature are users, it's part of our evolutionary survival mechanism.

And the weaker the person, the more expert they are in the art of being permanently dependent on any willing host. You need a healthy amount of indifference to grow, or else, you'll end up working for people that will ask you, "what have you done for me? "

Learn from animals. Chicken for example will force the chicks I think after like two months or less, to go survive on their own. The mother chicken doesn't care if they die, that's nature doing it's work (survival of the fittest).

I raise chicken as a boy and I observe this dynamics very well. The mama will bite them and just loose love for them one faithful morning, then all the chicks begin to survive on their own.

Deal with humans like that. You must help to a reasonable extent, but if you see any sign that your beneficiary is a stone, my guy, dump him and move on.

Thats exactly what Jesus was explaining in the parable of the barren fig tree (Luke 13.6-9). No point a barren tree wasting soil, water and resources, cut it off. It's useless.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Be More Selfish? by emmaodet: 8:02pm On Jan 02
pansophist:

Oh, and not only that, but the fact that the dependency increases with time, and until you put a stop to it, they will never voluntarily stand on their own.

Even if they have a source of income, they will hide it and always put up an image of being wretched, helpless, hopeless, that if you don't immediately intervene, all hell will break.

Most people are stone, not seed. In fact even people that are seed are seeds because there is no one to parasite from. Humans by nature are users, it's part of our evolutionary survival mechanism.

And the weaker the person, the more expert they are in the art of being permanently dependent on any willing host. You need a healthy amount of indifference to grow, or else, you'll end up working for people that will ask you, "what have you done for me? "

Learn from animals. Chicken for example will force the chicks I think after like two months or less, to go survive on their own. The mother chicken doesn't care if they die, that's nature doing it's work (survival of the fittest).

I raise chicken as a boy and I observe this dynamics very well. The mama will bite them and just loose love for them one faithful morning, then all the chicks begin to survive on their own.

Deal with humans like that. You must help to a reasonable extent, but if you see any sign that your beneficiary is a stone, my guy, dump him and move on.

Thats exactly what Jesus was explaining in the parable of the barrel fig tree (Luke 13.6-9). No point a barren tree wasting soil, water and resources, cut it off. It's useless.

Hmmmmm
So true.
You raised good points.
Happy new year bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Be More Selfish? by Yemike(m): 11:03pm On Jan 02
asid:

Emailed you.
Replied Sir.
Re: Should I Be More Selfish? by Softworld1: 11:40pm On Jan 03
Ibadan rent is now on high side.. landlord don't even want you to spend a year before they give you notice. Agency fees pass Lagos on.. Abeg, Oyo state government Should intervene on this matter.. The most painful part is No job in Ibadan that can even paid your house rent alone with transportation... Omo! Ibadan is becoming something else.. just attend interview in Ibadan, highest pay is now 70k, in fact I saw 45k for master degree...

Job pay 45k
House rent 350k/ annual
Transportation
Feeding/

What next??

1 Like

Re: Should I Be More Selfish? by kpaofame: 1:46pm On Jan 04
Softworld1:
Ibadan rent is now on high side.. landlord don't even want you to spend a year before they give you notice. Agency fees pass Lagos on.. Abeg, Oyo state government Should intervene on this matter.. The most painful part is No job in Ibadan that can even paid your house rent alone with transportation... Omo! Ibadan is becoming something else.. just attend interview in Ibadan, highest pay is now 70k, in fact I saw 45k for master degree...

Job pay 45k
House rent 350k/ annual
Transportation
Feeding/

What next??

I concur getting a good affordable accommodation in Ibadan now is a herculean task... price is relatively high compared to the income obtainable

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / Household Appliances Available / What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.