Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" (37144 Views)

Reno Omokri Gives Reasons Why Nigerians Fleeing Sudan Were Rejected In Ethiopia / Miyetti Allah Members Now Fleeing Nigeria To Escape Bandits’ Attacks... / Why We Attempted Fleeing Nigeria – 58 Medical Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by 7arrows: 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2023
KingOfAmebo:
Naija don cast.

Over cast

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Toucher: 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2023
Things no easy ooo

How many types of smell do you know
https://youtube.com/shorts/OlcR3u1XJ3g?si=OHW_fIkeaxizt0t6
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Newborn27(f): 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2023
"Baa gunyan ninu odo...ti a sebe ninu eepo epa...eni toba maa yo ..loma yo"

Despite the 'japa' rush...many are still making it here in Nigeria and preferred staying back home to survive and make it a better nation.

The places you're all running to wouldn't be comfortable should its citizens neglected it and never believed it'd be great.

My prayer is.... wherever I find myself... God should bless me to the extent that I'd also be a blessing unto others...we rise by lifting others....but many Nigerians are self-centred.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Judolisco(m): 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2023
Over there u have d opportunity to do 2 to 3 Jobs... In Nigeria here to get even one profitable job is difficult... And when u get one it's not sufficient to meet one's need....

To me d trick to get Nigeria to work is quite simple... Get everyone working... For d country to work everyone must have something doin

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Actuarydeji(m): 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2023
This is a treasonable offense! God punish you and your generations. Nigeria is my country and by God's grace, I am extremely optimistic that Nigeria will be ok.
PDJT:
-Nigeria is a fake country and nothing good will ever come out of it. Some people in Nigeria may be decent but Nigeria? Na.

-Nigerians problems can only get worse, until they tell themselves the truth; the British experiment is NOT working. Until then, let the delusion continue.

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by SoNature(m): 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
treatise:

You're wrong : the problem is the cituzenry( we don't care/fight even things are horribly wrong; no national cohesion against the systemic malaise.

That's FALSE. When people fought during the EndSARS protest, we know how it ended.

5 Likes

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by easytig(m): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2023
Ruins of Nigeria,just give Nigeria few more years even the politicians will start migrating and governing from diaspora.
The country is going south, Nigeria will soon blow up in all our faces.

Systemic corruption and looting will bury the country finally.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Benjamin4388(m): 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2023
KingOfAmebo:
Here's a trending article I read on the world's most popular forum Quora.

"Opportunities once flowed in Nigeria as abundantly as the Niger River, but that narrative has long changed.

Nigerians, known to be resourceful, educated, and fueled by ambition are leaving the shores of their motherland in droves, not in a casual drift but in a frantic exodus.

They're running from a crucible of crises that boils and overflows, leaving a residue of despair with no extinguisher in sight.

A country of numerous resources has become a labyrinth of misfortunes. Governed by the worst of leaders who have weaponized poverty for their selfish interest—that is, when patriotic Nigerians rise to question, and fight, the government, their opponent would be fellow poor Nigerians, fighting tooth and nail for the same politicians who have kept them so.

Nigerians find themselves locked in an ever-intensifying cycle of multi-dimensional problems. From economic chaos to sometimes, unbearable insecurity, the nation's woes accumulate like sediment, each layer more crippling than the last.

The government that the masses put their hopes on as custodian of public interest, has turned the country into a family enterprise, brokering ill-advised deals that mortgage the country’s future. Deals that have dwindled the Naira's value like melting ice.

Petrol prices have soared skyward to three times what they were just months ago, pulling along dreams and ambitions into fury flames.

And yet, our leaders plead for patience in a land where patience has bled dry. With this reality, the rich find their escape routes, seeking refuge in developed countries that offer a semblance of stability, leaving behind poor Nigerians tethered by financial constraints.

The only thing that seems permanent in Nigeria has become the disheartening truth that our yesteryears often outshine our tomorrows. This mass migration of Nigerians isn’t just alarming but frightening—a "brain drain" as it's called, because it's the middle class and skilled Nigerians who are leaving the country in droves.

Those who can no longer wait for the dawn are chasing the sun elsewhere, hoping to find what has become elusive at home— a life of value, a life worth living.

Nigeria has, year after year performed below expectations and for every emigrant, the implication is clear: faith in the motherland has eroded, leaving behind only the skeletal remains of what was once a thriving belief in a shared future that Nigerians can unite and make something out of themselves for the good of everyone who calls Nigeria home."

Cc: Victor Dirikebamor

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Nigerians-fleeing-Nigeria/answer/Victor-Dirikebamor?ch=15&oid=1477743690646613&share=43e687aa&srid=nIcOD&target_type=answer
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Omojolaray(m): 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2023
Whalis:
When occultic men gained leadership positions things fall apart.
There is hardly any politician in the government houses of the states of South South that is not a cult member. These people have sold their conscience. They have mortgage some precious things in their lives and for this reason they want those who have not to either follow suit or die in penury by making draconic laws that pitch the common man with hardship.
WORD ON MARBLE

2 Likes

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Ekeneegwu(m): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2023
When Bulaba and a known terrorist sympathizer like shetimma was imposed on us … I knew it was finished to add salt to injury they declared Akpabio Senate 001 .. i ran as fast as my feet could carry me..they can govern the fools that put them there .. since I work remotely I just thank God .NB Dangote no Dey reason una na to make money that man sabi …

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by PoliteActivist: 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Funny enough, Nigerians rate of Migration is not as high as Indian, Chinese, Pakistani, Lebanese, Bangladesh, Mexican , Philippines even Egypt and Ethiopia migrate

Nigeria are just excessively loud about our migration

Most of Mexican and Philippines Foreign exchange comes from diaspora

Rockefeller are Irish
Donald Trump's family are from Germany
Italians family dominate NewYork

Actually if you discount Northerners, Nigeria is up there. Igbos have highest rate of migration than any country

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Mosba: 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2023
A time will come when it's the leaders who will be running Nigeria. That time is in sight

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Ireportlive: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Actually if you discount Northerners, Nigeria is up there. Igbos have highest rate of migration than any country

Let me shock you... Northerners migrate too... But Arab countries only and perhaps UK, I was surprised to hear some Aboki at downtown Dubai speaking Hausa and arabic

But yes Igbo are everywhere, Yoruba likes western countries, while North's like Arab countries
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by PDPdestroyer(m): 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2023
The main reason is the laxed immigration policies of the UK, and Nigerians' herd mentality. Every other reasons are secondary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Quintessence44: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2023
Isokehn:

Those countries you quoted, majority return back to their home country up there

NO THEY DON’T.

It is actually NIGERIANS who return home especially for Christmas and some to settle. Pakistanis, Indians etc, once they leave their countries, no going back. Not even for holidays.

Most of you are drowned in ignorance and self hate. I have seen some of you newly Japa Nigerians - graduates etc, working in supermarkets in London as floor assistants, or doing security work, and other low class work in the UK, and none of you look happy. I always see a look in your faces that says “what am I doing in this shiit job here?”

I even saw one fine ajebutta naija girl working in a warehouse packing boxes and sweating. She looked so depressed.

You could tell that that was not her level at all, but she had to do that job or no food.

I’m very sure many Japad Nigerians are quietly returning back home to Nigeria to avoid the crap they are going through in Europe.

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by PDJT: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2023
Tzar:
Nigeria is not the problem. Even if Nigerians splits into 10 different countries, the problems will persist.
Nigeria is like it is because Nigerians are ungodly, hypocritical, lazy, immoral, selfish and wicked people who refuse to acknowledge that they are individually and collectively the problem with Nigeria. They prefer to point their soiled fingers at others but themselves.
Nigerians only show different /good characters abroad because the owners of those countries will immediately and severely punish them if caught. That is why when people who live abroad come back home they return to their evil nature.

-Based on what common value do you want to build Nigeria? A commom value system breeds patriotism, and patriots build a system that works for most people if not all.

-The level of corruption and the social vices you pointed out are down to one thing- lack of patriotism. It's not something you can force on anyone, let alone a group constituting millions of people.

-I don't know where you come from, but my personal question to you is; what do you have in common with me that makes you think you can form a successful relationship with me?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by ABC101FF: 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2023
Living in Nigeria alone is a full-time profession.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by PoliteActivist: 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2023
Ireportlive:

Let me shock you... Northerners migrate too... But Arab countries only and perhaps UK, I was surprised to hear some Aboki at downtown Dubai speaking Hausa and arabic

But yes Igbo are everywhere, Yoruba likes western countries, while North's like Arab countries
*Politeness*
Northerners rate is so low tho. If moving to other parts of Nigeria is considered migrating, then Igbo rate will be 5 times the second country!😅

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Burgermotors: 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2023
Is because of tinubu's mouth odor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by 618benazir: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2023
Honestly, Nigeria have never worked, Nigeria is not working and Nigeria would never work, let's peacefully break up this country so that smaller, more manageable true nations can emerge from it.Honestly, Nigeria have never worked, Nigeria is not working and Nigeria would never work, let's peacefully break up this country so that smaller, more manageable true nations can emerge from it....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by treatise: 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2023
SoNature:

That's FALSE. When people fought during the EndSARS protest, we know how it ended.
Resistance that's resolute don't cave in (Romania in December 1989 is a good example).
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by FireUpNow(m): 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2023
Fire on the mountain run run. President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has lit up the mountain and fire is burning harshly. Every dey japa one hand no time to check time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Franklyspeakin: 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2023
Suffering and smiling
post=127682029:
From all of us @MANNA,
North East West or South.........
No place like home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Sirianese: 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2023
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Even in UK, they have different countries. Why can't there be different countries in Nigeria? Why put people who have different ideology of life to live together?

How will Awusa or Yarüba be able to steal Ijaw oil money or Igbo gas money if you have different countries? They know it will not be possible na

It's because of oil & gas, that is why they refuse to operate as a true federation. If not for oyel money you think Tinubu with his leg like grasshopper or Buhari with neck like red awusa goat can be flying all over the world with different different private jet?

Buhari find oil tire for north na, the useless man even lie say dem don discover the oil but everybody knows say nothing dey there

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by PDJT: 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
Actuarydeji:
This is a treasonable offense! God punish you and your generations. Nigeria is my country and by God's grace, I am extremely optimistic that Nigeria will be ok.

-Mtchew!
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by kingjoe(m): 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2023
A cleaner in America earns more than a professor in Nigeria.

A maid in uk earns more than a doctor in Nigeria.

A man that works in fast-food joint in Australia earns more than a banker in Nigeria.

There seems it will get worse.God help us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by SirBunky85(m): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2023
SoNature:
The biggest problem of Nigeria is that the leaders don't even believe in the country.
As if you're better in conduct than the leaders

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Quintessence44: 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2023
Sirianese:

How will Awusa or Yarüba be able to steal Ijaw oil money or Igbo gas money if you have different countries? They know it will not be possible na

It's because of oil & gas, that is why they refuse to operate as a true federation. If not for oyel money you think Tinubu with his leg like grasshopper or Buhari with neck like red awusa goat can be flying all over the world with different different private jet?

Buhari find oil tire for north na, the useless man even lie say dem don discover the oil but everybody knows say nothing dey there

IPOB DEMON, the oil of the south south has ZERO to do with you Igbos.

So shut your stinking terrorist lips there.

The tiny gas you have has NOT been harnessed, and has fed nobody including you.

So YOU are being sustained by the resources of OTHER regions.

MEANWHILE 15 MILLION IGBO PARASITES LIKE YOU LIVE IN THE NORTH, AND WITHOUT THE NORTH AND WEST HOUSING MILLIONS OF YOU, YOU WOULD STARVE TO DEATH.

So shut your little nasty dependent lips.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by SirBunky85(m): 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
Seefinish:
People left the country because outcome of the last presidential election.
It seems pitobi turned Anambra into Eldorado when he held sway as the governor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari On Hard-won Path To Historic Victory - Premiumtimes / Obasanjo Visits Ibogun Olaogun In Ogun, The Town Where He Was Born On Boxing Day / Elupee!! - Worshippers Chant as Peter Obi Visits Zion Ministry, Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.