Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? (28328 Views)

I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by ceefwesh(m): 6:07am On Dec 31, 2023
Op you are lust na pu**y Dey sweet you mumumu man
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by UnfairLife7(m): 6:10am On Dec 31, 2023
JASONjnr:

You really don't understand anything about being a man.

Having option means, you're in a relationship with a woman and she's having other options to move to if the one she's in isn't favouring her. Appa6, she's open to many men.

If a woman that is in a relationship can easily call any man that isn't her relative to come pick her loads. Then she's cheating. And won't put her mind into that relationship to build it.

Having options means that, if the man she loves gets money and run visa for her. One day you will return from work and see your children playing outside but your wive properties have been moved and she's on a plane travelling to Canada to meet the love of her life.
Is it also good for a man to have options?
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Kingpele(m): 6:18am On Dec 31, 2023
One word for u ...repent of your immorality and ask God to guide u to your own God given wife...lust has a way of blinding men from reality of calamity ahead ....am married for 12years now and have known my wife since 2005 and I can tell you any lady that disrespect you should never be rewarded with marriage ..if u go ahead with the marriage u are only giving her more weapon to hurt u in future...a hot tempered jobless lady can kill u just to inherit your properties
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Naddy100(m): 6:23am On Dec 31, 2023
FanRong:
I'm sorry, this post is going to be a long one. But you're saving a soul if you read through and advice candidly.

My story
We've dated for 6months and we've lived together for the 6months.

On our 3rd month, I found her interesting and told her I'll like to marry her. She accepted but no engagement ring or anything to show. We just accepted by word of mouth.

Since then, I've worked towards it. I've told her to call her mum and eldest brother(dad is late) to relate my idea and understand their feeling since it won't be that easy to marry. (same state, but my people and her people are highly selective in marriage)

After several persuasion, and threat that I'll throw her out if she doesn't relate the circumstances to her family, she called the mum. And again I had to force her to call the eldest brother. She claimed she did. And that's enough. I'm ok.

Meanwhile, there's this guy(her ex) she claims helped her when she came to Lagos. It was when I started accommodating her that I found out in her chats that she was living with this guy, but lied to me she was living with her Aunt and the aunt's husband was harassing her sexually and she wants to leave. She later told me the guy, though provides for him but has never had sex with her, even when she was living in his house. These stories doesn't move me since everyone, who is not a virgin has an ex. So I forgave all that and we moved on.

She wasn't everything I need in a women, but I told myself I could train her the way I want. We continued adjusting to each others likes and dislikes.

I feed her this 6 months, provide comfortable shelter, buy her things she needs,(not want). Told her I'll do more and open a shop for her, if we get married, but she still confronts me asking why should I wait till after marriage? . I didn't allow the words move me cos Its my decision and my money and also, I'm used to gold diggers.

A good number of times, I see her as being selfish. If things doesn't benefit her, she'll not get bothered even if I'm involved.

Just this week, It became obvious to me that she argues everything I request her to do. From 24th Dec, we've been on holiday, we're always at home.
1. I'll wake her up at 9 and ask her to prepare breakfast for the family, she'll prefer to roll on the bed than do it. I'll finally have to do it myself so I can get things done and get busy.

2. I detest girls on eye lashes. I've repeatedly told her how I dislike it, but when she went to fix herself for the Christmas, she fixed the eyelashes, Contrary to my demand.

3. I got her some sneakers to upgrade her fashion style and look smarter, instead of the usual slippers and sandals she wears.
When we prepared to go to the beach few days ago, I requested her to put on the sneakers to look more fashionable, but she refused buttressing that she must wear what she wants, sandals.

4. Few days ago, we had a heated argument and she said that if I'm not happy that she's living with me, that she can go, afterall, she has somewhere to stay. I asked her to go and she immediately called that her ex bf to come to my house. I immediately swung into action, took all her belongings out, before the ex will arrive, at the same time, retrieving the items I gifted her.
While she was struggling to have her gifted items back, our neighbours heard the struggle and had to come and settle for us. She apologized and I forgave her. we were back into the house.

5. Just yesterday , we left home together, and I locked the door and I took the keys with me. We walked down the street together to the Busstop, I have almost no friend and seldomly greet. But there's this my ex girlfriend by the roadside, she saw me and yelled my name, I went to greet her and my Fiancée picked offence, left me without waiting for me. After that I chased her and told her it's nothing because I've told her everything about this ex.
Before we could get to the Busstop, she demanded for the house keys and I gave her since she might come back earlier than me.
We couldn't say bye. The anger was clear on her face and we parted ways.

After about 15mins, I got to where I wanted to make payment for the items I picked only to notice I am not with my transaction phone. I was confused where could I have kept it, the seller insisted I may not have come to his shop with the phone, and the phone rang as I called with my second phone. so I had to call my Fiancée for assistance since she's with the keys.
At first, she said she was still around the Busstop but when I told her I needed her to go home and confirm my phones whereabout, she said she can't go back that she has gone far, shouted on me and hung the phone.

I called and called and called, but she didn't pick. Many thoughts ran into me. Who took this phone? My money? , my phone? , my sim card? . I had to find my way and trekked back about 4km to the house since I had no cash with me. And finally saw the phone ringing in my house. I was relieved.

The way she shouted to me on the phone got me unbalanced, I felt she would be fire if I get this girl as a wife.

We finally traveled to our home state today and I paid the bills for the traveling. My major plan of traveling was to see her people and do the needful before I mistakenly get her pregnant. But I'm seriously contemplating of canceling this plan and throw her out come January. I need peace.

Dear nairalanders, I'm really in the middle of the deep blue sea and the devil.

I need mature and candid advice please.
Should I continue with the marriage plans or the redflags are obvious?

Honestly you are a simp, you saw the red flag already and you still wan marry her have been married for 14years..... Pls think twice before you marry her... Once you enter, it will be very difficult to let her go o
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Calicoe: 6:55am On Dec 31, 2023
The earlier u call this forced relationship off, the better
And while u do that, u also need to work on yourself. Because from what I can observe, you seem like a difficult person to be with. Which one is you must wear the shoe I bought?
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Qatar2022: 7:20am On Dec 31, 2023
FanRong:
I'm sorry, this post is going to be a long one. But you're saving a soul if you read through and advice candidly.

My story

On our 3rd month, I found her interesting and told her I'll like to marry her. She accepted but no engagement ring or anything to show. We just accepted by word of mouth.

Since then, I've worked towards it. I've told her to call her mum and eldest brother(dad is late) to relate my idea and understand their feeling since it won't be that easy to marry. (same state, but my people and her people are highly selective in marriage)

After several persuasion, and threat that I'll throw her out if she doesn't relate the circumstances to her family, she called the mum. And again I had to force her to call the eldest brother. She claimed she did. And that's enough. I'm ok.

Meanwhile, there's this guy(her ex) she claims helped her when she came to Lagos. It was when I started accommodating her that I found out in her chats that she was living with this guy, but lied to me she was living with her Aunt and the aunt's husband was harassing her sexually and she wants to leave. She later told me the guy, though provides for him but has never had sex with her, even when she was living in his house. These stories doesn't move me since everyone, who is not a virgin has an ex. So I forgave all that and we moved on.

She wasn't everything I need in a women, but I told myself I could train her the way I want. We continued adjusting to each others likes and dislikes.

I feed her this 6 months, provide comfortable shelter, buy her things she needs,(not want). Told her I'll do more and open a shop for her, if we get married, but she still confronts me asking why should I wait till after marriage? . I didn't allow the words move me cos Its my decision and my money and also, I'm used to gold diggers.

A good number of times, I see her as being selfish. If things doesn't benefit her, she'll not get bothered even if I'm involved.

Just this week, It became obvious to me that she argues everything I request her to do. From 24th Dec, we've been on holiday, we're always at home.
1. I'll wake her up at 9 and ask her to prepare breakfast for the family, she'll prefer to roll on the bed than do it. I'll finally have to do it myself so I can get things done and get busy.

2. I detest girls on eye lashes. I've repeatedly told her how I dislike it, but when she went to fix herself for the Christmas, she fixed the eyelashes, Contrary to my demand.

3. I got her some sneakers to upgrade her fashion style and look smarter, instead of the usual slippers and sandals she wears.
When we prepared to go to the beach few days ago, I requested her to put on the sneakers to look more fashionable, but she refused buttressing that she must wear what she wants, sandals.

4. Few days ago, we had a heated argument and she said that if I'm not happy that she's living with me, that she can go, afterall, she has somewhere to stay. I asked her to go and she immediately called that her ex bf to come to my house. I immediately swung into action, took all her belongings out, before the ex will arrive, at the same time, retrieving the items I gifted her.
While she was struggling to have her gifted items back, our neighbours heard the struggle and had to come and settle for us. She apologized and I forgave her. we were back into the house.

5. Just yesterday , we left home together, and I locked the door and I took the keys with me. We walked down the street together to the Busstop, I have almost no friend and seldomly greet. But there's this my ex girlfriend by the roadside, she saw me and yelled my name, I went to greet her and my Fiancée picked offence, left me without waiting for me. After that I chased her and told her it's nothing because I've told her everything about this ex.
Before we could get to the Busstop, she demanded for the house keys and I gave her since she might come back earlier than me.

After about 15mins, I got to where I wanted to make payment for the items I picked only to notice I am not with my transaction phone. I was confused where could I have kept it, the seller insisted I may not have come to his shop with the phone, and the phone rang as I called with my second phone. so I had to call my Fiancée for assistance since she's with the keys.
At first, she said she was still around the Busstop but when I told her I needed her to go home and confirm my phones whereabout, she said she can't go back that she has gone far, shouted on me and hung the phone.

I called and called and called, but she didn't pick. Many thoughts ran into me. Who took this phone? My money? , my phone? , my sim card? . I had to find my way and trekked back about 4km to the house since I had no cash with me. And finally saw the phone ringing in my house. I was relieved.

The way she shouted to me on the phone got me unbalanced, I felt she would be fire if I get this girl as a wife.

We finally traveled to our home state today and I paid the bills for the traveling. My major plan of traveling was to see her people and do the needful before I mistakenly get her pregnant. But I'm seriously contemplating of canceling this plan and throw her out come January. I need peace.

That lady will make your life miserable if you marry her, abort the marriage plan, she's still dating that guy she call ex
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Alpharey: 7:27am On Dec 31, 2023
This type of a woman is a no no for me.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Tyktoker: 7:33am On Dec 31, 2023
All these nonsense post should stop this year ohhh, go to the right section and tell your story!
FanRong:

My story

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by blahc007: 7:39am On Dec 31, 2023
Who watched Pastor Olumide Emmanuel's interview with Pastor Kingsley on his failed first Marriage?

A man who saw Deep red Flags but went ahead to marry because Pastors said......

This bros case be like na spiritual problem o...

U de see furnace....red hot furnace....u still de match on...omo, u need correct brain resetting slap, meh u for see clear...cos u are partially blind as i de see u so
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by trumpcoat(m): 7:59am On Dec 31, 2023
Big red flag bros run run run I say run for your dear life
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Samson1104(m): 8:08am On Dec 31, 2023
You go learn the hard way if you continue the yeye marriage
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by 2mininuP: 8:19am On Dec 31, 2023
FanRong:

My story

My guy, any partner you can't change some or any of his or her character or behaviour now hmmmm think twice before you say I Do ooooo. Marriage far and deep oooooooo.

What you won't take tomorrow never allow it today
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by u3fine(m): 8:21am On Dec 31, 2023
The flag is Just RED like the Vietnam Flag

FanRong:

My story

Meanwhile, there's this guy(her ex) she claims helped her when she came to Lagos. It was when I started accommodating her that I found out in her chats that she was living with this guy, but lied to me she was living with her Aunt and the aunt's husband was harassing her sexually and she wants to leave. She later told me the guy, though provides for him but has never had sex with her, even when she was living in his house. [/b]These stories doesn't move me since everyone, who is not a virgin has an ex. So I forgave all that and we moved on.

[b]A good number of times, I see her as being selfish. If things doesn't benefit her, she'll not get bothered even if I'm involved.

When we prepared to go to the beach a few days ago, I requested her to put on the sneakers to look more fashionable, but she refused buttressing that she must wear what she wants, sandals.

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by chuksp09(m): 8:27am On Dec 31, 2023
If you marry that girl, you are an idiot…
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by ibinaboonline: 8:51am On Dec 31, 2023
Let's hear the lady's side.

And dear ladies, can you see this? A man is making arrangements to wed a woman and is at the same time contemplating ditching the woman. This is a large food for thought. A man can do heaven and earth for you without trusting or loving you. A man does what he has to do, what needs to be done. While you're thinking he must be so desperate to have you, think again.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by JASONjnr(m): 8:56am On Dec 31, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Is it also good for a man to have options?

Why are you asking stupid question when I took my time to explain to you.

You can't have options when you've committed yourself to a relationship. Whether a man or a woman.

On this story, the guy o ly talked about greeting his ex who stays on the same street and she picked offence. But she called her ex to come pick up her stuffs when there was a little misunderstanding.

Apparently, she's keeping her options open and this is totally wrong.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by hedocharles(m): 9:54am On Dec 31, 2023
Seems op is blameless.
All the same, choose what you want for ursef
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by rims4emmy(m): 10:10am On Dec 31, 2023
You must be a fool for asking for way forward after seeing enough red flag
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Greattha: 10:50am On Dec 31, 2023
I'll take this as a trick question.

Oga you know the answer to your question and you know what to do.
Leave now before you're it's too late.

FanRong:

My story

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Pinkyposh(f): 11:14am On Dec 31, 2023
madscientist88:
after defying the rules of gravity what would happen when you loose your wings?if your questions are, should you go ahead to marry a selfish lady who is good in bed? should you go ahead and marry a lady who is disrespectful? should you go on to marry a girl who still loves her ex?should you go on to marry a girl who keeps malice? just to keep your word and make her and her family happy?if everything you said about her is true, my answer is no,you are a well trained and an honnest man,you deserve a better woman in your life, especially one that respects you, instead of a succubus.you think she would change when you marry her? do that and findout for yourself,you have gone ahead to break all your own rules just for the bedroom,you need to think again,i noticed how you avoid talking about how good she is in the bedroom,this is just for laughs anyways,that is your private life,there is one revolver and one bullet on the table, marrying her, would mean you giving her the opportunity to load that gun, while you sit blind folded. a woman who cant adjust to your fun times or comfort you in your down times isnt a wife material, relationship is about mutual compatibility i will always say this, emotional compatibility, intellectual compatibility, awareness, intuition, spiritual, aesthetic and physical compatibility,righ now,your awareness of her aesthetic appeal is taking a toll on you, physically (sexually) she is everything you need,but you are lacking, intuition,emotional and intellectual compatibility.its still your choice tho ,if you want to go into the adventures of life go on and marry her,after one year tell us your story, maybe there could be a twist of fate to your advantage.good luck
Try to separate your sentences so it can be readable
You saw how the OP did his
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by WhereMyLoud: 11:17am On Dec 31, 2023
shortgun:

grin grin grin
People like you learn the hard way. Make I no talk too much.
Guy.!!! If you jam some girls eh u go like dey single
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by mikeweezy(m): 11:24am On Dec 31, 2023
FanRong:

My story

First stop forcing your will on her
2: don't marry anyone cos of pity or anything out of your peace of mind and love
3: no relationship is perfect both of you should drop ur ego
4: do what rock ur boat os even if we advice you we won't help you stay or be there when you will be facing all the drama
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by shegunmessi(m): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2023
You have already seen the red flag,but because of the free kpekus that she's giving you,that's why you can't decide what to do,I just hope you didn't find yourself in the land of papadondo if you eventually marry her
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by transient123(m): 11:36am On Dec 31, 2023
Abeg, which marriage again. Can there be 2 marriages with the same set of people.

Oga, you are married to your wife already since you live , cohabit and sleep with her at will. Just ask us whether to just divorce her na him remain.

Nevertheless, we will not put asunder inside una wedlock because what Una use Una hands join together, na Una go still use Una hand mend or scatter am.

I come in peace and my message isn't for the majority but, the sensible minority.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Whois(m): 11:42am On Dec 31, 2023
It is after you're married you'll realize respect is better than love.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by callthefred: 11:43am On Dec 31, 2023
During dating/courtship. My wife always says she doesn't care if I cheat as long as I don't bring diseases home. As a playboy, this sounded heavenly to me. So I can have a wife who doesn't care if I cheat? Infact this was part of the reasons I married so if I cheat it won't be an issue. 2 years now she's broken 3 of my phones, turned me against my parents and her own family and so many bad mouthing over cheating. Someone who said she doesn't care oo...Bro, these red flags are obvious. Never marry a woman who sees you as an option abeg.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by UzorsTech: 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2023
FanRong:

My story

Bro the red flags is just there, please don't get married to her cause you won't feel happy at all, your peace of mind would sink and dwell
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by madscientist88(m): 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2023
Pinkyposh:

what is the use of a comma?what do you mean by seperate my sentences? how many of them are joined?
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by madscientist88(m): 1:40pm On Dec 31, 2023
Pinkyposh:

what is the use of a comma?what do you mean by seperate my sentences? how many of them are joined?there is no need for a paragraph if thats what you are asking.yet over 30 people were able to get the message?.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by SWATMan: 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2023
FanRong:

My story

The single most important choice you will ever make is whom you marry.

Marrying the wrong person will ruin your life. And it will continue ruining your life until your spouse dies or you get divorced. And getting divorced is one of the worst experiences a person can suffer. It also can be financially devastating.

If your gut tells you something is not quite right, listen to it. Don’t use rationalizations. Your gut is almost always right when it comes to dating.

A person addicted to whatever while you are dating has not proven that he or she can break his or her addiction. If the addiction is to coffee, it doesn’t matter—or exercise, or eating well. But if the person is addicted to bodybuilding and uses steroids, addicted to alcohol, get the Bleep out. You can’t save them. Only they can do that.

If a person has beaten an addiction and is/or getting help, that is a different matter. Plenty of former addicts are fine.

You cannot change your partner. That is impossible. And if you want them to change, they aren’t for you. You have to be okay with your partner as they are right now.

There is nothing you can do about your spouse changing during marriage. Aging and life experiences do that. You have to compromise on the effects of it if you want to stay married. That is the work of marriage.

If you are already married, unless things are really toxic, you are better off staying in the marriage. There is no perfect person for you. Your goal is to find someone you love but also you can live with. That is success.

You aren’t perfect. You probably have issues. So do they. The question is not about these things. The question is “can we live with each other and each other’s issues?” If the answer is yes, you will be okay.

Life is about compromises. If you are a 5 on the mating market given your mix of personality, status, and looks, you are going to need to find a mate in the 4–6 zones. Only the 10’s get the 9–10’s. Is life fair? No. Maybe you will get extremely lucky and marry up. But don’t count on it.

If you are a spender and your mate is a saver, you will have conflict. You need to work out something you can live with happily or not get married. Money is the leading cause of fighting and divorce. Adultery is the leading cause of ugly divorces, followed by money. Trust me, I know. I did divorces for many years.

Marriage isn’t for everyone. Don’t get married because your friends are getting married or your parents and grandparents keep bugging you. You WILL ruin your life.

If you disagree about having kids, don’t get married. Don’t say, “we’ll discuss it in the future.” That is a prescription for divorce.

If you both have different levels of energy, don’t get married. A person who likes to stay home and rest when not working will have conflict with a person who wants to go tailgating, partying, etc A word is enough for the wise
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by FanRong: 2:16pm On Dec 31, 2023
Badgers14:

No need to rush into marriage. It seems you both have some loose ends to tighten.

Please if you still love her.. if she still checks most of your boxes.

Don't rush the marriage thingy and work things out first to make sure you both are on the same page.

Frankly, I hesitate to say this but I have to. .. from what you wrote her.. I think she might be having double mind getting married to you.

The speed she used to call her ex and the speed the ex showed up sort of throws me off a bit.

So, my suggestion is to have a sit down talk with her and very directly ask her how she feels about your relationship, don't use proverbs etc.. direct talk... ask her how she feels, what's her plan for the future, if she is in with you or wants her ex back..

Either way, you just want to know where she stands and if she decides to move on.. bless her heart..
Similarly, get ready to answer those questions yourself and point out things she does that you don't fancy and areas you want her to improve and your willingness to work with her for the improvement.

you don't want to waste anyone's time or anyone to waste your time or for either of you to be in a unhappy relationship.

Cheers!!
Thanks for your advice.
She checks most of my boxes and that's why I'm so disturbed.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Badgers14: 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2023
FanRong:

Thanks for your advice.
She checks most of my boxes and that's why I'm so disturbed.

Well then.. it's time for that conversation.

I wish you both the best.

Cheers!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man Hangs On Bonnet Of Ex-Girlfriend's Speeding Car While Calling 911 In Florida / Is It Wrong For A Woman To Initiate Conjugal Act In Marriage? / 7 Ways An African Mother Expresses Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 222
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.