Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,228 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? (28352 Views)

I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Mom007(f): 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2023
Keep considering. undecided
It's the speed with which she called her ex that bothers me.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Pathfinder2090: 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
OP you are a very selfish person. Why are you trying to control a woman you are not yet married to? You want to turn her into who she is not, but you are not ready to work on yourself first.

In my opinion, there are no red flags here from the girl..you guys are not compatible and that’s just the bitter truth.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Correspondence(m): 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
Another Feminis.t

Jewessgratitud3:
You men be demanding peace like you yourselves give women peace or breathing space.

You were wrong for cohabiting with someone you're not married to in the first place. This is how you people bring see finish for yourselves. You two would have been better off observing each other from afar and any girl who easily cohabits with a man is not a responsible girl likewise the man. Imagine she was cohabiting with her ex before and now you. What does that say about her? .

Well.. both of you are birds of a feather so you're not any better. Maybe You think dating a timid and uneducated girl will make any difference or enable you control her? They always happen to turn out worse. Just follow your heart. If you no longer feel at ease with her behavior, then do what your heart tells you.

If you feel you can condone her attitude, then go ahead with the plans but I can assure you that after the marriage you two will graduate to throwing blows and she'll never respect you.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by davit: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:
I'm sorry, this post is going to be a long one. But you're saving a soul if you read through and advice candidly.

My story
We've dated for 6months and we've lived together for the 6months.

On our 3rd month, I found her interesting and told her I'll like to marry her. She accepted but no engagement ring or anything to show. We just accepted by word of mouth.

Since then, I've worked towards it. I've told her to call her mum and eldest brother(dad is late) to relate my idea and understand their feeling since it won't be that easy to marry. (same state, but my people and her people are highly selective in marriage)

After several persuasion, and threat that I'll throw her out if she doesn't relate the circumstances to her family, she called the mum. And again I had to force her to call the eldest brother. She claimed she did. And that's enough. I'm ok.

Meanwhile, there's this guy(her ex) she claims helped her when she came to Lagos. It was when I started accommodating her that I found out in her chats that she was living with this guy, but lied to me she was living with her Aunt and the aunt's husband was harassing her sexually and she wants to leave. She later told me the guy, though provides for him but has never had sex with her, even when she was living in his house. These stories doesn't move me since everyone, who is not a virgin has an ex. So I forgave all that and we moved on.

She wasn't everything I need in a women, but I told myself I could train her the way I want. We continued adjusting to each others likes and dislikes.

I feed her this 6 months, provide comfortable shelter, buy her things she needs,(not want). Told her I'll do more and open a shop for her, if we get married, but she still confronts me asking why should I wait till after marriage? . I didn't allow the words move me cos Its my decision and my money and also, I'm used to gold diggers.

A good number of times, I see her as being selfish. If things doesn't benefit her, she'll not get bothered even if I'm involved.

Just this week, It became obvious to me that she argues everything I request her to do. From 24th Dec, we've been on holiday, we're always at home.
1. I'll wake her up at 9 and ask her to prepare breakfast for the family, she'll prefer to roll on the bed than do it. I'll finally have to do it myself so I can get things done and get busy.

2. I detest girls on eye lashes. I've repeatedly told her how I dislike it, but when she went to fix herself for the Christmas, she fixed the eyelashes, Contrary to my demand.

3. I got her some sneakers to upgrade her fashion style and look smarter, instead of the usual slippers and sandals she wears.
When we prepared to go to the beach few days ago, I requested her to put on the sneakers to look more fashionable, but she refused buttressing that she must wear what she wants, sandals.

4. Few days ago, we had a heated argument and she said that if I'm not happy that she's living with me, that she can go, afterall, she has somewhere to stay. I asked her to go and she immediately called that her ex bf to come to my house. I immediately swung into action, took all her belongings out, before the ex will arrive, at the same time, retrieving the items I gifted her.
While she was struggling to have her gifted items back, our neighbours heard the struggle and had to come and settle for us. She apologized and I forgave her. we were back into the house.

5. Just yesterday , we left home together, and I locked the door and I took the keys with me. We walked down the street together to the Busstop, I have almost no friend and seldomly greet. But there's this my ex girlfriend by the roadside, she saw me and yelled my name, I went to greet her and my Fiancée picked offence, left me without waiting for me. After that I chased her and told her it's nothing because I've told her everything about this ex.
Before we could get to the Busstop, she demanded for the house keys and I gave her since she might come back earlier than me.
We couldn't say bye. The anger was clear on her face and we parted ways.

After about 15mins, I got to where I wanted to make payment for the items I picked only to notice I am not with my transaction phone. I was confused where could I have kept it, the seller insisted I may not have come to his shop with the phone, and the phone rang as I called with my second phone. so I had to call my Fiancée for assistance since she's with the keys.
At first, she said she was still around the Busstop but when I told her I needed her to go home and confirm my phones whereabout, she said she can't go back that she has gone far, shouted on me and hung the phone.

I called and called and called, but she didn't pick. Many thoughts ran into me. Who took this phone? My money? , my phone? , my sim card? . I had to find my way and trekked back about 4km to the house since I had no cash with me. And finally saw the phone ringing in my house. I was relieved.

The way she shouted to me on the phone got me unbalanced, I felt she would be fire if I get this girl as a wife.

We finally traveled to our home state today and I paid the bills for the traveling. My major plan of traveling was to see her people and do the needful before I mistakenly get her pregnant. But I'm seriously contemplating of canceling this plan and throw her out come January. I need peace.

Dear nairalanders, I'm really in the middle of the deep blue sea and the devil.

I need mature and candid advice please.
Should I continue with the marriage plans or the redflags are obvious?

You just sounded like a simp. Is she doing you a favour for dating her? Cos that's the way your story sounds to me. Wake up guy.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by tyup(m): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
BadMaster:
You want to marry someone that has the number of her supposed ex on speed dial?

You had an argument, and the next thing she does is to call her supposed ex to come and pick her?

Upon all the red flags you mentioned, you are still contemplating marrying her?

What's going on with our men these days, for goodness sakes? Why have you rendered yourselves so useless?

It's belly aching Bro, I wonder who that person birthing these typa men

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:
I'm sorry, this post is going to be a long one. But you're saving a soul if you read through and advice candidly.

My story

On our 3rd month, I found her interesting and told her I'll like to marry her. She accepted but no engagement ring or anything to show. We just accepted by word of mouth.

Since then, I've worked towards it. I've told her to call her mum and eldest brother(dad is late) to relate my idea and understand their feeling since it won't be that easy to marry. (same state, but my people and her people are highly selective in marriage)

After several persuasion, and threat that I'll throw her out if she doesn't relate the circumstances to her family, she called the mum. And again I had to force her to call the eldest brother. She claimed she did. And that's enough. I'm ok.

Meanwhile, there's this guy(her ex) she claims helped her when she came to Lagos. It was when I started accommodating her that I found out in her chats that she was living with this guy, but lied to me she was living with her Aunt and the aunt's husband was harassing her sexually and she wants to leave. She later told me the guy, though provides for him but has never had sex with her, even when she was living in his house. These stories doesn't move me since everyone, who is not a virgin has an ex. So I forgave all that and we moved on.

She wasn't everything I need in a women, but I told myself I could train her the way I want. We continued adjusting to each others likes and dislikes.

I feed her this 6 months, provide comfortable shelter, buy her things she needs,(not want). Told her I'll do more and open a shop for her, if we get married, but she still confronts me asking why should I wait till after marriage? . I didn't allow the words move me cos Its my decision and my money and also, I'm used to gold diggers.

A good number of times, I see her as being selfish. If things doesn't benefit her, she'll not get bothered even if I'm involved.

Just this week, It became obvious to me that she argues everything I request her to do. From 24th Dec, we've been on holiday, we're always at home.
1. I'll wake her up at 9 and ask her to prepare breakfast for the family, she'll prefer to roll on the bed than do it. I'll finally have to do it myself so I can get things done and get busy.

2. I detest girls on eye lashes. I've repeatedly told her how I dislike it, but when she went to fix herself for the Christmas, she fixed the eyelashes, Contrary to my demand.

3. I got her some sneakers to upgrade her fashion style and look smarter, instead of the usual slippers and sandals she wears.
When we prepared to go to the beach few days ago, I requested her to put on the sneakers to look more fashionable, but she refused buttressing that she must wear what she wants, sandals.

4. Few days ago, we had a heated argument and she said that if I'm not happy that she's living with me, that she can go, afterall, she has somewhere to stay. I asked her to go and she immediately called that her ex bf to come to my house. I immediately swung into action, took all her belongings out, before the ex will arrive, at the same time, retrieving the items I gifted her.
While she was struggling to have her gifted items back, our neighbours heard the struggle and had to come and settle for us. She apologized and I forgave her. we were back into the house.

5. Just yesterday , we left home together, and I locked the door and I took the keys with me. We walked down the street together to the Busstop, I have almost no friend and seldomly greet. But there's this my ex girlfriend by the roadside, she saw me and yelled my name, I went to greet her and my Fiancée picked offence, left me without waiting for me. After that I chased her and told her it's nothing because I've told her everything about this ex.
Before we could get to the Busstop, she demanded for the house keys and I gave her since she might come back earlier than me.

After about 15mins, I got to where I wanted to make payment for the items I picked only to notice I am not with my transaction phone. I was confused where could I have kept it, the seller insisted I may not have come to his shop with the phone, and the phone rang as I called with my second phone. so I had to call my Fiancée for assistance since she's with the keys.
At first, she said she was still around the Busstop but when I told her I needed her to go home and confirm my phones whereabout, she said she can't go back that she has gone far, shouted on me and hung the phone.

I called and called and called, but she didn't pick. Many thoughts ran into me. Who took this phone? My money? , my phone? , my sim card? . I had to find my way and trekked back about 4km to the house since I had no cash with me. And finally saw the phone ringing in my house. I was relieved.

The way she shouted to me on the phone got me unbalanced, I felt she would be fire if I get this girl as a wife.

We finally traveled to our home state today and I paid the bills for the traveling. My major plan of traveling was to see her people and do the needful before I mistakenly get her pregnant. But I'm seriously contemplating of canceling this plan and throw her out come January. I need peace.

You are in the middle of nothing. Better go your way now, if you get married, you'll most likely be in for trouble. These odd entitled behaviour gets amplified in marriage.

All the best

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by UptownVibes(m): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
Run o.. She will ruin you if you make mistake of marrying such..

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by worldclass68(m): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
Its obvious there won't be peace of mind....if u go ahead...goodluck bro

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by LandMann: 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

You're a fool.

Free püssy that you're shagging everyday is what is blocking your senses

Wait till she stabs your neck.

We will be here to read your story.

Mumu man

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by tolugar: 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

Sorry to be the one to tell you she is just becoming annoying so you break up with her... let me be also the one to tell you to use reverse psychology on her till she runs away.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by IkeAbuja: 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2023
Sir are you going to pay me for reading this punch newspaper write up🥴 weak men generation every small thing you post online

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Fab112: 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

Bro that lady is not for you can’t you see the handwriting on the wall?How can you house and feed a girl you want to marry but she’s so disrespectful and you still want to marry her? Someone who you can’t even cope with as a girlfriend and you want to go ahead and marry her abeg make una the use una head na. marriage no be do or die

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Bullhari: 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

is she that good in bed or you cannot ask another girl out? Because she is obviously not that beautiful or classy.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by coullybally: 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
https://nas.io/-2023-tee-yod-2023--27e8
FanRong:

My story

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Kinzo0917(m): 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
MUST YOU QUOTE THE WHOLE STORY AGAIN OGEDE…
ALL OF US READ THE STORY THE SAME YOU DID.

WHY QUOTING IT AGAIN?
SO MANY KIDS ON NAIRALAND.
Patented:

Red flags Boku!!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Coolsat(m): 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
She should prepare breakfast for the family for me laughing. 😂
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by HEBEI: 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
You can never ever train another man's daughter the way you want, unless she truly loves you and can not live without you.

This girl you described in this your epistle would make you suicidal if you mistakingly marry her.

My brother, run for your life. Red flags full this una relationship. Save your life now.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by IamHonourable1: 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
The woman is a bag of red flags,run or go ahead with your wedding plans and come back to these comments later

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Larryhoover(m): 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

The way women are wired is different from the way guys are and the truth is you can't always have it all as deduced in the 80/20 rule but there should be a minimum requirement. List out all your preferred minimum or Fundamental requirements in a woman, evaluate it to see if she meet your expectations to take an informed decision.

My former Boss used to say "Don't advise anyone to get married but if as a guy you see a good woman, marriage is good". I think this should also guide you in your analysis.

I wish you all the best Bro!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by November24(f): 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

I didn't need to finish it.
My brother😔,
The closeness in marriage is too much,when your supposed best friend become an enemy,it's beyond darkness.

Pls quit that relationship, no matter ur heart or financial investment.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Kinzo0917(m): 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
MUST YOU QUOTE THE WHOLE SYORY B4 YOU CAN COMMENT?

SOME OF YOU ARE SICK UPSTAIRS.

IF EVERY QUOTE THE WHOLE STORY, WILL YOU BE ABLE TO COMMENT?

RUBBISH
princemillla:

I quite understand how you feel but my honest advice pls don't try to marry a woman who always have an options.

If you can relate with me on phone will share similar experiences wit you. Calling card on me.

Just to widen your views

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by NJV: 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

Never marry a girl who has no iota of love for you. Your case is a good example.

But then, must you pple co-habit?? Why must every grown up girl live in a boy's house without marriage? Does it mean a girl cannot live in a house without depending on a guy?? Nawa o

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Eazie351(m): 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
Very one sided story but I’ll tell you what you wan to hear.

“Red flag!!’ Leave her!!! Dump her sorry asx”
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by CaptMarvel(m): 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
Total Bullshit.

Later dey will be trooping to Shiloh.

That's no wife material.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Tranquility2345: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

If this is real and not the typical fake stuff we read here, then you deserve a hot slap with Yamayama on your bald head for even bringing this nonsense to come and ask strangers. You no get sense

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

LMAOOOOOO grin if you can't see the red flags then, I doubt you'll see red paint even if it's poured on your head directly. Leave that bitçh before she stabs you while you're asleep one night grin

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

They've told u guys never to swing into action for any woman as if u are her fatherly figure... Look at the trash u are enduring. Learn from the ex who was maltreating her anyhow he likes. That's how to treat a hoe....

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by killsmith(f): 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
God forbid I waste my advice on a simp.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Empresa: 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
You said it yourself that you need peace. Give yourself sense

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Tranquility2345: 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
NJV:

Never marry a girl who has no iota of love for you. Your case is a good example.

But then, must you pple co-habit?? Why must every grown up girl live in a boy's house without marriage? Does it mean a girl cannot live in a house without depending on a guy?? Nawa o

No be free accommodation

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Quebec91(m): 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
Well from your story obviously, Red flags everywhere for the Blind to See👀

I don't think any advice needed here as na you wear shoe wey dey pain you for leg.

By the way, i like your write up. You good in composition. Keep it up 👍
FanRong:

My story

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Children Of "Deadbeat" Fathers. Time To Think. / 7 Ways An African Mother Expresses Love. / Is It Wrong For A Woman To Initiate Conjugal Act In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 255
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.