Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? (28327 Views)

I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by zcee: 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
I have come to a conclusion that most women don't love you..
Their i love you to diff men is a gateway to survival..
Once they break up with you,there are many men out there waiting to fund her...
Damn this gender is really manipulative and men are falling for it..

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by creepsyme(f): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:
I'm sorry, this post is going to be a long one. But you're saving a soul if you read through and advice candidly.

My story
We've dated for 6months and we've lived together for the 6months.

On our 3rd month, I found her interesting and told her I'll like to marry her. She accepted but no engagement ring or anything to show. We just accepted by word of mouth.

Since then, I've worked towards it. I've told her to call her mum and eldest brother(dad is late) to relate my idea and understand their feeling since it won't be that easy to marry. (same state, but my people and her people are highly selective in marriage)

After several persuasion, and threat that I'll throw her out if she doesn't relate the circumstances to her family, she called the mum. And again I had to force her to call the eldest brother. She claimed she did. And that's enough. I'm ok.

Meanwhile, there's this guy(her ex) she claims helped her when she came to Lagos. It was when I started accommodating her that I found out in her chats that she was living with this guy, but lied to me she was living with her Aunt and the aunt's husband was harassing her sexually and she wants to leave. She later told me the guy, though provides for him but has never had sex with her, even when she was living in his house. These stories doesn't move me since everyone, who is not a virgin has an ex. So I forgave all that and we moved on.

She wasn't everything I need in a women, but I told myself I could train her the way I want. We continued adjusting to each others likes and dislikes.

I feed her this 6 months, provide comfortable shelter, buy her things she needs,(not want). Told her I'll do more and open a shop for her, if we get married, but she still confronts me asking why should I wait till after marriage? . I didn't allow the words move me cos Its my decision and my money and also, I'm used to gold diggers.

A good number of times, I see her as being selfish. If things doesn't benefit her, she'll not get bothered even if I'm involved.

Just this week, It became obvious to me that she argues everything I request her to do. From 24th Dec, we've been on holiday, we're always at home.
1. I'll wake her up at 9 and ask her to prepare breakfast for the family, she'll prefer to roll on the bed than do it. I'll finally have to do it myself so I can get things done and get busy.

2. I detest girls on eye lashes. I've repeatedly told her how I dislike it, but when she went to fix herself for the Christmas, she fixed the eyelashes, Contrary to my demand.

3. I got her some sneakers to upgrade her fashion style and look smarter, instead of the usual slippers and sandals she wears.
When we prepared to go to the beach few days ago, I requested her to put on the sneakers to look more fashionable, but she refused buttressing that she must wear what she wants, sandals.

4. Few days ago, we had a heated argument and she said that if I'm not happy that she's living with me, that she can go, afterall, she has somewhere to stay. I asked her to go and she immediately called that her ex bf to come to my house. I immediately swung into action, took all her belongings out, before the ex will arrive, at the same time, retrieving the items I gifted her.
While she was struggling to have her gifted items back, our neighbours heard the struggle and had to come and settle for us. She apologized and I forgave her. we were back into the house.

5. Just yesterday , we left home together, and I locked the door and I took the keys with me. We walked down the street together to the Busstop, I have almost no friend and seldomly greet. But there's this my ex girlfriend by the roadside, she saw me and yelled my name, I went to greet her and my Fiancée picked offence, left me without waiting for me. After that I chased her and told her it's nothing because I've told her everything about this ex.
Before we could get to the Busstop, she demanded for the house keys and I gave her since she might come back earlier than me.
We couldn't say bye. The anger was clear on her face and we parted ways.

After about 15mins, I got to where I wanted to make payment for the items I picked only to notice I am not with my transaction phone. I was confused where could I have kept it, the seller insisted I may not have come to his shop with the phone, and the phone rang as I called with my second phone. so I had to call my Fiancée for assistance since she's with the keys.
At first, she said she was still around the Busstop but when I told her I needed her to go home and confirm my phones whereabout, she said she can't go back that she has gone far, shouted on me and hung the phone.

I called and called and called, but she didn't pick. Many thoughts ran into me. Who took this phone? My money? , my phone? , my sim card? . I had to find my way and trekked back about 4km to the house since I had no cash with me. And finally saw the phone ringing in my house. I was relieved.

The way she shouted to me on the phone got me unbalanced, I felt she would be fire if I get this girl as a wife.

We finally traveled to our home state today and I paid the bills for the traveling. My major plan of traveling was to see her people and do the needful before I mistakenly get her pregnant. But I'm seriously contemplating of canceling this plan and throw her out come January. I need peace.

Dear nairalanders, I'm really in the middle of the deep blue sea and the devil.

I need mature and candid advice please.
Should I continue with the marriage plans or the redflags are obvious?
Firstly, be civilized enough to stop using the word "throw her out"
Secondly if your story is true and you didn't pamper it, please end the relationship ASAP it will surely end it premium disaster.
A word is enough for the wise!
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Passionate1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
Stubborn woman! Wrong woman! Stop wasting precious time. .

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Patented: 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kinzo0917:
MUST YOU QUOTE THE WHOLE STORY AGAIN OGEDE…
ALL OF US READ THE STORY THE SAME YOU DID.

WHY QUOTING IT AGAIN?
SO MANY KIDS ON NAIRALAND.

Ur way or the highway ba? Yet u speak of kids. Man must talk
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Ynix(m): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:
I'm sorry, this post is going to be a long one. But you're saving a soul if you read through and advice candidly.

My story

On our 3rd month, I found her interesting and told her I'll like to marry her. She accepted but no engagement ring or anything to show. We just accepted by word of mouth.

Since then, I've worked towards it. I've told her to call her mum and eldest brother(dad is late) to relate my idea and understand their feeling since it won't be that easy to marry. (same state, but my people and her people are highly selective in marriage)

After several persuasion, and threat that I'll throw her out if she doesn't relate the circumstances to her family, she called the mum. And again I had to force her to call the eldest brother. She claimed she did. And that's enough. I'm ok.

Meanwhile, there's this guy(her ex) she claims helped her when she came to Lagos. It was when I started accommodating her that I found out in her chats that she was living with this guy, but lied to me she was living with her Aunt and the aunt's husband was harassing her sexually and she wants to leave. She later told me the guy, though provides for him but has never had sex with her, even when she was living in his house. These stories doesn't move me since everyone, who is not a virgin has an ex. So I forgave all that and we moved on.

She wasn't everything I need in a women, but I told myself I could train her the way I want. We continued adjusting to each others likes and dislikes.

I feed her this 6 months, provide comfortable shelter, buy her things she needs,(not want). Told her I'll do more and open a shop for her, if we get married, but she still confronts me asking why should I wait till after marriage? . I didn't allow the words move me cos Its my decision and my money and also, I'm used to gold diggers.

A good number of times, I see her as being selfish. If things doesn't benefit her, she'll not get bothered even if I'm involved.

Just this week, It became obvious to me that she argues everything I request her to do. From 24th Dec, we've been on holiday, we're always at home.
1. I'll wake her up at 9 and ask her to prepare breakfast for the family, she'll prefer to roll on the bed than do it. I'll finally have to do it myself so I can get things done and get busy.

2. I detest girls on eye lashes. I've repeatedly told her how I dislike it, but when she went to fix herself for the Christmas, she fixed the eyelashes, Contrary to my demand.

3. I got her some sneakers to upgrade her fashion style and look smarter, instead of the usual slippers and sandals she wears.
When we prepared to go to the beach few days ago, I requested her to put on the sneakers to look more fashionable, but she refused buttressing that she must wear what she wants, sandals.

4. Few days ago, we had a heated argument and she said that if I'm not happy that she's living with me, that she can go, afterall, she has somewhere to stay. I asked her to go and she immediately called that her ex bf to come to my house. I immediately swung into action, took all her belongings out, before the ex will arrive, at the same time, retrieving the items I gifted her.
While she was struggling to have her gifted items back, our neighbours heard the struggle and had to come and settle for us. She apologized and I forgave her. we were back into the house.

5. Just yesterday , we left home together, and I locked the door and I took the keys with me. We walked down the street together to the Busstop, I have almost no friend and seldomly greet. But there's this my ex girlfriend by the roadside, she saw me and yelled my name, I went to greet her and my Fiancée picked offence, left me without waiting for me. After that I chased her and told her it's nothing because I've told her everything about this ex.
Before we could get to the Busstop, she demanded for the house keys and I gave her since she might come back earlier than me.

After about 15mins, I got to where I wanted to make payment for the items I picked only to notice I am not with my transaction phone. I was confused where could I have kept it, the seller insisted I may not have come to his shop with the phone, and the phone rang as I called with my second phone. so I had to call my Fiancée for assistance since she's with the keys.
At first, she said she was still around the Busstop but when I told her I needed her to go home and confirm my phones whereabout, she said she can't go back that she has gone far, shouted on me and hung the phone.

I called and called and called, but she didn't pick. Many thoughts ran into me. Who took this phone? My money? , my phone? , my sim card? . I had to find my way and trekked back about 4km to the house since I had no cash with me. And finally saw the phone ringing in my house. I was relieved.

The way she shouted to me on the phone got me unbalanced, I felt she would be fire if I get this girl as a wife.

We finally traveled to our home state today and I paid the bills for the traveling. My major plan of traveling was to see her people and do the needful before I mistakenly get her pregnant. But I'm seriously contemplating of canceling this plan and throw her out come January. I need peace.

Oga savior you don enter one chance, that lady has double standards, you have lots of things to find out later and your investment would have enter water.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Falconsaint(m): 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

Chai until the girl chok stick before you run like Usain Bolt guy road no dey there oo.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by happney65: 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
OP

He no go better for you if you don't cancel it as she will end up being the Husband and you the Wife and she might end up killing you one day

QED!
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by jaxxy(m): 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2023
U are not only dating an ingrate but an uncontrollable and arrogant girl who will make sure u suffer if u dare marry her. She will make ur life miserable.

U are seeing all the red flags shining everywhere but love or stupidity is making u keep her in ur house?

u better send her packing. u can be friends but nothing like marriage with that bad character.

She doesn't even want to learn or take any correction. What are u doing with such a person unless for fun. undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Thisisanfield: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2023
shortgun:
It's logical to tell you to leave the girl or run for your life....but to who?
The experience you are having is just how women behave, you won't find a better one anywhere!
The only ones who will appear to be better are those who will pretend but will later show their true colours.
Any man who has made up his mind to get involved with a woman must be ready to put up with their nature and illogical dramas or just stay single.
You are even lucky she doesn't get angry with you cos you are cheating on her in her dreams.

The areas where I see you lacking is in dominance and assertiveness; you need to dominate her to conquer her.

Oga you lie. All ladies are not like this. I pity the op if he married this lady. I really pity him.

A lady I was supposed to marry. We have small disagreement, this babe go carry am for two weeks. Not talking with me even when I try to. Omo I bone her o. My mental health matters
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by tradepunter: 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2023
Omooo..... Total nonsense I read up there..... Guy u nu serious at all.... Total rubbish

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

No be even red flag again.

Na red bed-sheet.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by lilachiever(m): 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2023
A woman jumped into your house from another man’s house and you still think she’s wife material?

This man, you deserve whatever she dishes to you.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by advanceDNA: 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

U wan marry woman wey she and her ex still dey connect wella...?? Welldone...

from one man house to your house .....
This is not wife material..na semi prostituté, wey just use her pvssy to get by wateva she wants....... The wet pvssy don confuse ur brain wey nor make u see how many red flags dey this relationship .....

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Jewessgratitud3: 4:09pm On Dec 30, 2023
Godoverevery:

Does getting married stop see finish??

There is even more respect before marriage than after marriage so cohabiting with her has nothing to do with manners and characters.

Infact cohabiting before marriage is normalvery advisable so you can no what you are walking into.

Cohabiting with a man that has not yet married you normal? I hope you'll still say the same if your daughter packs her load and go stay with a man that has not perform any marriage rites on her.

Normal my foot!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by saintneo(m): 4:09pm On Dec 30, 2023
Common law marriage!
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by ghiloman28(m): 4:09pm On Dec 30, 2023
Never marry out of pity bros. Am still in my marriage because of my kids 7yrs now and am really struggling with her. All those things she is doing will be triple when you wife her. I disagree with anyone saying women are thesame no way. Women upbringing really matters and It laughable if any man thinks a grown up lady will change the rubbish upbringing a woman grew up with. After medical status before you marry a Lady, make sure her father and mother are living together if the father is dead get to know she has someone as father in her life regardless. With me taking 💯 financial responsibilities as a father, husband and being responsible in thier family omo my eye dey see shege she always want it to get to shege banza but am always carerful coz of the kids.I had to secretly do DNA for my kids some months ago coz I really don’t understand how someone can be like that ee be like spell. Meanwhile I saw very few red flags before marrying her 7yrs ago but now it x1000 sadly. We are better if I travelled but staying together within 2hrs of conversation she will see 1 reason not to talk to me for 2weeks. We currently on vacation and for like 2days now she has been hostile to me.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by XOGBADO(m): 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

Let me advise you as a brother.
You'll surfer if you eventually marry this girl. Don't even make the mistake of getting her pregnant cos she'll force herself on you.
This girl is selfish and disrespectful.
Imagine calling her ex to come pick her up just because of a little issue.
She'll take away your peace of mind.

I hope you do the needful
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by TokunboCarsOnly: 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

If you love yourself, run!

Don't make the mistake of marrying her because na hell you dey enter like play so.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Greenfusion: 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Marriage is overrated and most people marry the wrong person but manage themselves till they depart either by death or other reasons

1. Never marry a girl out of pity
2. Never marry a woman who does not respect you
3. Never marry a girl you cannot control
4. Never marry a girl who threatens you
5. Never marry a lady who can illegally cohabit with the opposite sex without conscience
6. Don’t ever show your weakness to a woman
7. Don’t marry a lazy girl
8. If you cannot teach, mold, recreate and positively influence her, please let go
Very mature points...👍
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by melviniyke2002(m): 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
Living together was a mistake in d first place,me i wudnt wait til January, order 4 her tins to come meet u guys in d village via waybill.. ...let her go 4 real....
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by CrossRhodes: 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

You had a quarrel and she had to call her Ex to come carry her away?......

Brooooooo
Brooooooo
RK Brooooooooooo
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Badgers14: 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

My story

No need to rush into marriage. It seems you both have some loose ends to tighten.

Please if you still love her.. if she still checks most of your boxes.

Don't rush the marriage thingy and work things out first to make sure you both are on the same page.

Frankly, I hesitate to say this but I have to. .. from what you wrote her.. I think she might be having double mind getting married to you.

The speed she used to call her ex and the speed the ex showed up sort of throws me off a bit.

So, my suggestion is to have a sit down talk with her and very directly ask her how she feels about your relationship, don't use proverbs etc.. direct talk... ask her how she feels, what's her plan for the future, if she is in with you or wants her ex back..

Either way, you just want to know where she stands and if she decides to move on.. bless her heart..
Similarly, get ready to answer those questions yourself and point out things she does that you don't fancy and areas you want her to improve and your willingness to work with her for the improvement.

you don't want to waste anyone's time or anyone to waste your time or for either of you to be in a unhappy relationship.

Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by toprealman: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
eniolorunfe:
Chaiiiii …. See as red flags full everywhere shocked
The funny part is that he knows the truth but still trying to pretend.
2024: no more marriage counseling in here!
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
shortgun:
The experience you are having is just how women behave, you won't find a better one anywhere!
The only ones who will appear to be better are those who will pretend but will later show their true colours.
Any man who has made up his mind to get involved with a woman must be ready to put up with their nature and illogical dramas or just stay single.
You are even lucky she doesn't get angry with you cos you are cheating on her in her dreams.

The areas where I see you lacking is in dominance and assertiveness; you need to dominate her to conquer her.

No offense, this is bad advise
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Tvegas(m): 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong:

If you have peace in this situationship trust me you won't need a second opinion. Your inner sense is telling you to abort mission but i suspect the girl is good on Bed. You dread losing her free coochie .The red flags are too much to ignore. This girl is not a wife material as she doesn't even respect you. It will be wise to let her be.
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by gidjah(m): 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
I like your take on this case.He can not have it any better any where, women are virtually d same any where everywhere abeg except the man is blind.lwt me see if I can give him more experienced advice ,most of our kids here wanna mess his mind up.lnwith children kind of counsel.
shortgun:

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Olasultan(m): 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
Do not marry her.
Both of you are not compatible.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Greenfusion: 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
For her to have her ex as an option and saying it to you is a no no for me.....
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Ajalalomo: 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
Don't put your head in a fire to avoid being burned to death.

Anyway, your problem is free toto, and now you want to allow the free toto to kill you.

@fanrong
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by StrongAlphMale: 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
FanRong

Dude are you waiting for a prophet to tell you to dump that olosho?

A girl who asked her ex to come over? And you're even still planning on marrying her? How old are you? You're worst than a simp
Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by Bonab: 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
This babe no respect you at all. If I were you I would leave her immediately. Forever is a long time. Think twice.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Cancel The Marriage Plans. Is It Worth It? by mrcrabs(m): 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
Bro pls, pls and pls do not marry this girl.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Hangs On Bonnet Of Ex-Girlfriend's Speeding Car While Calling 911 In Florida / Is It Wrong For A Woman To Initiate Conjugal Act In Marriage? / 7 Ways An African Mother Expresses Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.