Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,150 members, 7,835,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

“Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable (35944 Views)

Anthony Joshua - "I Used To Be A Bricklayer But Now I'm A World Heavyweight Cham / DJ Cuppy Pictured With Anthony Joshua's Sister As They Pose With His WBO Belt / Wilson Joshua: I Can’t Marry A Virgin – Actor Says On His Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
aribisala0:

You are pained that an Eboe man was beaten

You cannot get into the ring to box in Lagos state without a licencei
In this case an Amateur licence
Which is what they do in the Olympics
Amateur boxing 3 rounds
Guess what
This fight was THREE ROUNDS

Must you talk?

You are talking nonsense. When was the weigh-in and drug tests?? If Portable wasn’t high Okocha would kill him
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

You are talking nonsense. When was the weigh-in and drug tests?? If Portable wasn’t high Okocha would kill him
Suck it up
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
Iceberg3:

Haba!!!! If e nor be boxn,wetin encom be nah, taekwondo grin grin grin

It was a FIGHT. In boxing there is weigh in, drug tests, etc
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Morbeta11(m): 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
HarryGleb:
Can't wait for Davido and Wizkid fight.

Go make money while you are waiting, so that you can afford live ticket instead of relying on 10mb.
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
aribisala0:

If Portable was not high even Wizkid will beat him
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Cantonese: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
Omoawoke:

It was all skit, we know na 😂 but so hilarious

Well planned. Well organized. Very entertaining. Made to look very real. Fans want to see such great entertainment, especially at this period.

Compliments bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

If Portable was not high even Wizkid will beat him
Suck it up
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by oladele5adesewa: 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
My advice to Charles is to shelve his ambition for a rematch. Hmm, this portable am seeing can use JuJu to fight o. Pls Charles, remember your phenomenal baby still need you alive.My advice to Charles is to shelve his ambition for a rematch. Hmm, this portable am seeing can use JuJu to fight o. Pls Charles, remember your phenomenal baby still need you alive....
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
SmartyPants:

Well, that's like saying in street football you can pick up the ball with your hands because there are no clear rules or regulations. There are always some basic rules, and one of those rules in boxing is that boxing is boxing, not wrestling.

As for the rest, well i'd have no real way of proving it for sure, but I mean, I think common sense shows that the invention of a fake beef from nowhere, the organization of a streamed boxing event, are all part of showbiz even if the actual fight was kinda of real.

The real goal here is just to put these two guys in the limelight. You can deduce that from both of their usual behaviours.

Same way, you must wear gloves and use your hand not feet. Or did you see Okocha kick him?
The beef was not from nowhere. Portable was bad-mouthing Okocha of being greedy, that he cheated him - collected 50m but gave him only 5m
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by lekanation(m): 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

Which kain boxing lasts only three rounds. it was a fight that came from dissing each other. No rules were clearly stated. It was to find out who’d beat the other up. Okocha threw him down with so much force and anger
you like argument undecided you hear where Dem dey throw each other like sack in boxing If Okocha wan dey throw portable why not go for wresting match or ufc lipsrsealed and about the drugs you dey complain about, you think Okocha no dey do drugs too? Any evidence?
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2023
aribisala0:
Suck it up

Everything is not about tribe, you tribalism nut. This has nothing to do with tribe. If portable fought Olamide I’d still be saying same thing
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Iceberg3: 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

It was a FIGHT. In boxing there is weigh in, drug tests, etc
of course nah,it was a fight,a BOXN fight.
And if it was that fight,as you said,one head butt from portable would've sent that okocha to luth immediately grin
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by SmartyPants(m): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

Same way, you must wear gloves and use your hand not feet. Or did you see Okocha kick him?
The beef was not from nowhere. Portable was bad-mouthing Okocha of being greedy, that he cheated him - collected 50m but gave him only 5m

I don't know what point your making in the first sentence. Of course you must use gloves and similarly, you must not wrestle your opponent to the ground. What's your point exactly??

And yes, the so-called dispute is a work of fiction. Someone is owing you or cheated you of 5m and we don't have Courts again to resolve commercial disputes? It's to resort to boxing abi?

If you lost 5m in a business deal would that be your reaction?

cheesy

Come off it sir.
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

Everything is not about tribe, you tribalism nut. This has nothing to do with tribe. If portable fought Olamide I’d still be saying same thing
That is what YOU are all about in this forum

It is painful for you
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2023
lekanation:
you like argument undecided you hear where Dem dey throw each other like sack in boxing If Okocha wan dey throw portable why not go for wresting match or ufc

It is called push-down in boxing. As long as it was done a certain way, as in this case. In this case it was part of demonstration of power and therefore counts
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

It is called push-down in boxing. As long as it was done a certain way, as in this case. In this case it was part of demonstration of power and therefore counts
Portable won
eees painful for you
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Fearyourcreator: 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

So it was 1- 1
Hence a rematch
Which rematch... He beat okocha clean...
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2023
lekanation:
you like argument undecided you hear where Dem dey throw each other like sack in boxing If Okocha wan dey throw portable why not go for wresting match or ufc

Exactly. It was a FIGHT! But within certain parameters - like you can’t kick someone
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Fearyourcreator: 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2023
Totilopussylick:
Those two will never enter ring.

They have money 🤑
Even Mayweather dey come back ... Who be davido and wizkid... Make dem better money dem go fight
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Mayeldah(m): 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2023
Make him hold that one, dem go buy another belt

But make him sha come out for re-match grin

These two are just using us catch cruise
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2023
SmartyPants:

I don't know what point your making in the first sentence. Of course you must use gloves and similarly, you must not wrestle your opponent to the ground. What's your point exactly??

And yes, the so-called dispute is a work of fiction. Someone is owing you or cheated you of 5m and we don't have Courts again to resolve commercial disputes? It's to resort to boxing abi?

If you lost 5m in a business deal would that be your reaction?

cheesy

Come off it sir.

You are talking like someone without sense. You made the football anology, that you can’t use your hands. I told you Just as in this case you can’t kick but “accidentally” throwing your opponent down counts in your favour as the tougher guy.
What do you mean? Not everything you go to court. Does Portable, a gangster, look like someone who calls police or goes to court??
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2023
aribisala0:
That is what YOU are all about in this forum

It is painful for you
y

Proving you don’t know me at all. Stop being a tribal goat
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
aribisala0:
Portable won
eees painful for you

Not by the way I judged it. I honestly think it was a draw
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Which rematch... He beat okocha clean...

What it again. This time, slowly. It was a draw.
Rematch is the only fair thing
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by fitinwell: 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
adesegun121:
“Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release the Belt” – Portable Rejects Boxing Rematch Plea from Charles Okocha

Portable, a Nigerian musician and songwriter, has declared that he is not interested in a rematch with Charles Okocha.

This follows Okocha’s accusation in a video that he was deceived during their boxing battle.

Okocha claimed Portable removed his boxing gloves in the third round, which should have resulted in an immediate disqualification.

He also challenged the referee’s refereeing, noting his displeasure with the match’s conclusion and requesting a rematch.

Portable responded with a series of videos passionately protesting Okocha’s requests, refusing to hand up the belt and expressing apprehension about fighting him, fearing probable disaster.

Rather of consenting to a rematch, Portable challenged Charles Okocha to a boxing fight with Anthony Joshua if he so desired.

Pls ooo

Set Boxing Match Obasanjo vs Tinubu

This match will boast our external and internal foreign reserve and exchange rate ... And strengthen our Naira..

And Sportbet game go cash out too
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
Wizkid is too skinny to fight Davido. Maybe Tiwa Savage

Hmmm. Wizkid vs Tiwa Savage. Not a bad idea. It’s a fight I’d actually like to see
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

Not by the way I judged it. I honestly think it was a draw
eees painful for you
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

eees painful for you
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by SmartyPants(m): 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

You are talking like someone without sense. You made the football anology, that you can’t use your hands. I told you Just as in this case you can’t kick but “accidentally” throwing your opponent down counts in your favour as the tougher guy.
What do you mean? Not everything you go to court. Does Portable, a gangster, look like someone who calls police or goes to court??

Look at this filthy little twaat. cheesy How can accidentally committing a foul count in your favour? Are you making sense to yourself?

Let me guess, you also believe wwe is real? You dont nees to be o nairaland having silly arguments. You need to be reading and getting your empty mind educated!
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Tareq1105: 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2023
OBTOREPA:
They need a rematch

Before a rematch can be granted, okocha should go for a refresher match with Anthony Joshua before he can be qualified to meet the champion 🏆, Portable the current Musical Boxing Title Holder. You don't just qualify for a rematch easily like that.
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 5:56pm On Dec 30, 2023
SmartyPants:

Look at this little Arrow. :DHow can accidentally committing a foul count in your favour? Are you making sense to yourself?

Let me guess, you also believe wwe is real? You dont nees to be o nairaland having silly arguments. You need to be reading and getting your empty mind educated!
It makes sense in an Ibo mind
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by emerged01(m): 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

Which kain boxing lasts only three rounds. it was a fight that came from dissing each other. No rules were clearly stated. It was to find out who’d beat the other up. Okocha threw him down with so much force and anger
Why referee when rules were not clearly stated?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jaruma Blasts Ned Nwoko: You Borrowed Huge Money From Billionaire Captain Hosa / Ugandan Singer Dies After Engaging In Bar Fight With Club Bouncer / Uche Jombo, Where Is Your Husband? - Fan Asks On Instagram. Actress Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.