Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,084 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

“Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable (35855 Views)

'I Can’t Live Without Bible’ – Davido / Anthony Joshua - "I Used To Be A Bricklayer But Now I'm A World Heavyweight Cham / Wilson Joshua: I Can’t Marry A Virgin – Actor Says On His Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by sammirano: 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2023
grin grin
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

Which kain boxing lasts only three rounds. it was a fight that came from dissing each other. No rules were clearly stated. It was to find out who’d beat the other up. Okocha threw him down with so much force and anger
How many rounds is Okympics boxing?
Why call it BOXING?

Guy just keep quiet and stop ridiculing yourself

Must you talk?
You feel as if the whole Ibo race was beaten? The way you people reason sometimes
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by hopexter(m): 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2023
philiancoop:
This one no sabi how e dey go

No mind am, as loud as he is, he’s got no idea of boxing. I would have bet on Charles if there was openings for betting. Na so this idiot for disappoint me just as he’s disappointed in himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2023
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
Not so fast. One was a knock-down, the other was wrestling throw down. If it were wrestling you'd have a point

It wasn’t boxing per se. Boxing doesn’t go 3 rounds.
It was a FIGHT to find out who’d beat the other up
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by SmartyPants(m): 4:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:
I watched that fight closely. I don’t think Portable actually won that fight. You have to consider that Okocha threw him down. Ok, I know it is not wrestling but that has to count for something

Yes...it counts for a point deduction against Okocha. But then these clowns arent being serious. This is just two crazy boys doing marketing.
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by LegendHero(m): 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
kettykin:

I am still wondering what in the whole world made him embark on this futility at a time when his mates were in the east showcasing their talents, could it be boredom, money or just distraction or another street skits.

The whole thing is not adding up , why did he not engage this type of fight with davido, wizkid, burna boy or psquare, etc why go into this with a rubbish personality. I am almost loosing my regards for this fellow.

Hope you know Charles Okocha is a bigger nuisance than Portable?

Ask yourself, what is Charles Okocha major talent aside running naked and shouting Phenomena all about?

Him and portable fit each other. Why should Wiz stain his cloth by engaging in a fight with Okocha?

Even in terms of money, Portable is getting paid more than Charles Okocha as have attended multiple shows abroad for the past 2 years than I think Okocha can think of.
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
Iceberg3:

Haba,you just said it is not wrestling nah and the only thing that should've counted was for the red to deduct the okocha's points

I didn’t say it was boxing either. No rules were clearly stated
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

It wasn’t boxing per se. Boxing doesn’t go 3 rounds.
It was a FIGHT to find out who’d beat the other up
Amateur boxing goes 3 rounds
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
aribisala0:
So if no rules were clearly stated why should anything count for anything?
If you have nothing sensible to say be quiet

You are the one who should keep quiet because you are talking nonsense.
A fight that came from dissing each other. The point was to find out who’d beat the other up
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

A fight that came from dissing each other. The point was to find out who’d beat the other up
You are pained that an Eboe man was beaten

Suck it up
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Lanre1st(m): 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
HarryGleb:
Can't wait for Davido and Wizkid fight.

Big man no dey fight, it’s only those still trying to gather name that will try that
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
Iceberg3:

No problem,nah,it is simple,Portable won..the okocha should go and fight Anthony Joshua,shikenan grin
And Portable should go fight Tiwa😂🤣😁🥲🤪😂😎
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2023
Lanre1st:

Big man no dey fight, it’s only those still trying to gather name that will try that
Elon Musk is still warming up for Zuckerberg

Let them bring it to Nigeria
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

There is no point for throwing down. Portable landed more punches. Charles was just throwing hand like two girls fighting.
Not true. Charles landed punches too, then grabbed him and threw him on the canvas
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Omoawoke: 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2023
Cantonese:
Great entertainment from both guys. Hopefully after this promo, the rematch will not delay. Just like they both promoted the first “fight”, I hope the next entertainment will be better.

Please everyone do not forget that they are both great friends and showmen. While we are made to think that the fights are real or born out of animosity, the two guys smile to the bank with millions from their fans. We need such entertainment to ease the societal pressures that we face.

Compliments of the season to everyone on Nairaland.

It was all skit, we know na 😂 but so hilarious

1 Like

Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2023
Cryofigbos:

Na u be judge oloriburuku 😂😂😂😂

It is called using your common sense to analyze a situation. Many people can’t do it
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

I wonder where they get you illiterates from

So two people would just enter a ring to fight without a Licence, regulation or rules?
If one of them dies who is liable

Go to school and get an education and stop talking like an OMATA trader
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 4:58pm On Dec 30, 2023
aribisala0:
How many rounds is Okympics boxing?
Why call it BOXING?

Guy just keep quiet and stop ridiculing yourself

Must you talk?
You feel as if the whole Ibo race was beaten? The way you people reason sometimes

Must you talk nonsense? You called it OLYMPICS. There are clear rules and regulations, drug tests, doctors on stand-by.
Must you talk??!
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by shineeye1: 4:59pm On Dec 30, 2023
adesegun121:
“Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release the Belt” – Portable Rejects Boxing Rematch Plea from Charles Okocha

Portable, a Nigerian musician and songwriter, has declared that he is not interested in a rematch with Charles Okocha.

This follows Okocha’s accusation in a video that he was deceived during their boxing battle.

Okocha claimed Portable removed his boxing gloves in the third round, which should have resulted in an immediate disqualification.

He also challenged the referee’s refereeing, noting his displeasure with the match’s conclusion and requesting a rematch.

Portable responded with a series of videos passionately protesting Okocha’s requests, refusing to hand up the belt and expressing apprehension about fighting him, fearing probable disaster.

Rather of consenting to a rematch, Portable challenged Charles Okocha to a boxing fight with Anthony Joshua if he so desired.

Go fight Anthony Joshua?!
Now we know this is no joke, Portable actually wants the death of Okocha!
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
SmartyPants:

Yes...it counts for a point deduction against Okocha. But then these clowns arent being serious. This is just two crazy boys doing marketing.

There were no clear rules and regulations, so on what basis are you deducting anything. Also there was no drug test or Portable would have been disqualified. They were very serious o
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

Must you talk nonsense? You called it OLYMPICS. There are clear rules and regulations, drug tests, doctors on stand-by.
Must you talk??!

You cannot get into the ring to box in Lagos state without a licence
In this case an Amateur licence
Which is what they do in the Olympics
Amateur boxing 3 rounds
Guess what
This fight was THREE ROUNDS

Must you talk?
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by YesGodcan(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2023
Hunger dey fire both human beings and animals for 9ja now grin

The way fly take dey chase person now eeh. Make things change oh b4 Nigerians begin chop their fellow human beings shocked
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2023
aribisala0:
Amateur boxing goes 3 rounds

And there are rules and regulations, drug tests, doctors on stand by.
This one was a FIGHT! Know the difference
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Iceberg3: 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

I didn’t say it was boxing either. No rules were clearly stated
Haba!!!! If e nor be boxn,wetin encom be nah, taekwondo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

And there are rules and regulations, drug tests, doctors on stand by.
This one was a FIGHT! Know the difference
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2023
aribisala0:
Suck it up

Plus there was no drug test. You really think Portable can beat Okocha without drugs
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by SmartyPants(m): 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

There were no clear rules and regulations, so on what basis are you deducting anything. Also there was no drug test or Portable would have been disqualified. They were very serious o

Well, that's like saying in street football you can pick up the ball with your hands because there are no clear rules or regulations. There are always some basic rules, and one of those rules in boxing is that boxing is boxing, not wrestling.

As for the rest, well i'd have no real way of proving it for sure, but I mean, I think common sense shows that the invention of a fake beef from nowhere, the organization of a streamed boxing event, are all part of showbiz even if the actual fight was kinda of real.

The real goal here is just to put these two guys in the limelight. You can deduce that from both of their usual behaviours.

1 Like

Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Iceberg3: 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
kettykin:

I am still wondering what in the whole world made him embark on this futility at a time when his mates were in the east showcasing their talents, could it be boredom, money or just distraction or another street skits.

The whole thing is not adding up , why did he not engage this type of fight with davido, wizkid, burna boy or psquare, etc why go into this with a rubbish personality. I am almost loosing my regards for this fellow.
That means you ain't in the know what led to the fight in the first place...those guys you mentioned got no beef with the okocha nahhh..level pass levels,abeg. And if Portable could beat up the okocha like pikin,what do you think the likes of Burna boy and any of the PSquareS will do to him!?
Abeg,nor go kee person papa/uncle/baby daddy for 2024 o grin
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

Plus there was no drug test. You really think Portable can beat Okocha without drugs
Suck it up
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
aribisala0:
I wonder where they get you illiterates from

So two people would just enter a ring to fight without a Licence, regulation or rules?
If one of them dies who is liable

Go to school and get an education and stop talking like an OMATA trader

See this one. Did you hear of any drug test or weigh-in? Did you see any doctor by the ringside? Stop talking nonsense
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

See this one. Did you hear of any drug test or weigh-in? Did you see any doctor by the ringside? Stop talking nonsense
Suck it up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Strikes A Pose With Her Son In A Christmas Themed Photos / Kcee Sacks Manager, Soso Soberekon, Over Skiibii’s Death Stunt / Omotola Celebrates 40th Birthday With Widows As Mr Ibu Supports Her(pics,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.