Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

“Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable (35952 Views)

Anthony Joshua - "I Used To Be A Bricklayer But Now I'm A World Heavyweight Cham / DJ Cuppy Pictured With Anthony Joshua's Sister As They Pose With His WBO Belt / Wilson Joshua: I Can’t Marry A Virgin – Actor Says On His Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by funshint(m): 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
Savage reply...let him go and fight gorilla. Portable has won this one grin grin
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2023
greggng:
I most give it to this two guys . They are indeed content creator...The way the pulled this fight together made me believe nothing is impossible if you actually wanna do it . Watch how many organisations will come out to sponsor the rematch...both will cashout

It wasn’t like that o. It was real beef. You can’t accuse someone of being greedy and stealing your money for cruise. That’s character assasination. And Then Okocha insults his wife and called him piece of shit dirty. No, it was real, then people stepped in

1 Like

Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2023
[quote author=koolaid87 post=127701174][/quote]

It wasn’t boxing like that or there’d have been drug tests, weigh-ins, doctors, etc.
It was a FIGHT. It was LOOSELY based on boxing but there were no set rules - example, you can’t kick someone, or throw someone on the canvas and hold them there, but powering someone to the floor as Okocha did counts in your favour.
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by ebenholer2(m): 9:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
I no one comment before cos I know Portable no Dey normal…and Charles suppose dey for Igbobi Psychiatric hospital by now. What harass contest🤓
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2023
Sulele04:

Are there no jobs in Birmingham UK for Black people of African descent.

You are an intelligent man you know you can make good use of it instead of this fooling.
shut up and get lost
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by MICVOCT(m): 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
OmoFiditi:
Make una use una fans brain dey play kalokalo.

sad grin
As simple as that!!!

MICVOCT
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Fearyourcreator: 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

You are biased. Did you see how Okocha threw him on the canvas??
Do you even understand boxing... Do you throw people in boxing matches
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Fearyourcreator: 10:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

What it again. This time, slowly. It was a draw.
Rematch is the only fair thing
Una like dey argue Wetin una Sabi say na true... He beat okocha neat except you no Sabi boxing ...
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Burgerlomo: 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

He didn’t do too badly considering he is 20 years older, plus he did bring him to canvas

What I am saying is that he shouldn't have accepted the fight in the first place, he should have just told the young man that he doesn't have time for that and if he Portable really wants to fight he should go and meet Anthony Joshua or someone else period
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Burgerlomo: 11:06pm On Dec 30, 2023
FreeIgboho:

He didn’t do too badly considering he is 20 years older, plus he did bring him to canvas

See in Yoruba culture if Charles beat Portable it doesn't count because Charles is like father to him because of the age difference so it's like father beating his son, and if reverse is the case it will make it worse for Charles because that means son beating his father which is shameful.
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 2:23am On Dec 31, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Do you even understand boxing... Do you throw people in boxing matches

It was a FIGHT to settle a grudge, not boxing per se.
In boxing you have drug tests, weigh ins, etc. It was loosely based on boxing but no set rules. You can’t do some obvious things like hold someone on the canvas but you can rough handle someone
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 2:25am On Dec 31, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Una like dey argue Wetin una Sabi say na true... He beat okocha neat except you no Sabi boxing ...
But it wasn’t boxing like that. It was a beef fight
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 2:30am On Dec 31, 2023
Burgerlomo:

See in Yoruba culture if Charles beat Portable it doesn't count because Charles is like father to him because of the age difference so it's like father beating his son, and if reverse is the case it will make it worse for Charles because that means son beating his father which is shameful.

This is a theory that exists only in your head. In real life everybody expects a 50 year old to beat a 70 year old in a fight
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Burgerlomo: 4:23am On Dec 31, 2023
FreeIgboho:

This is a theory that exists only in your head. In real life everybody expects a 50 year old to beat a 70 year old in a fight

You're saying that because you're not in Charles's shoes, yes it can happen in a civilized world but not in Naija, just give Nigerians a little time before they will start to mock him, are you aware that the guy said his kids are affected because of that fight?
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Thomthom(m): 6:14am On Dec 31, 2023
kettykin:
This is the problem with unprofessional stuff, elsewhere if you refuse a rematch, you lose the belt
How true is this.. meaning you can't have your belt in peace
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Fearyourcreator: 8:35am On Dec 31, 2023
FreeIgboho:

But it wasn’t boxing like that. It was a beef fight
Rule of boxing was used ... Its a boxing match ... Wetin be beef ... People catching cruise... Una too dey take matter serious pass people wey dey involve sef... Watch again boxing he out punched okocha
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Fearyourcreator: 8:36am On Dec 31, 2023
FreeIgboho:

It was a FIGHT to settle a grudge, not boxing per se.
In boxing you have drug tests, weigh ins, etc. It was loosely based on boxing but no set rules. You can’t do some obvious things like hold someone on the canvas but you can rough handle someone
Committee pele... You sha wan turn am to tribe thing ... Sorry .. alakori... Portable beat am abeg
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by AfroKnight: 8:40am On Dec 31, 2023
FreeIgboho:
I watched that fight closely. I don’t think Portable actually won that fight. You have to consider that Okocha threw him down. Ok, I know it is not wrestling but that has to count for something

You be woman? What kind of reasoning is this?

Portable landed more punches on Charles face and even knocked him down.
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 9:49am On Dec 31, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Rule of boxing was used ... Its a boxing match ... Wetin be beef ... People catching cruise... Una too dey take matter serious pass people wey dey involve sef... Watch again boxing he out punched okocha

So when did they do drug tests, weigh-in, etc. Yes, It was loosely based on boxing, but only LOOSELY!
Catching cruise my ass. You accuse someone of being a thief and he insults your wife and calls you piece of shit, dirty. No, beef was real, then people stepped in
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 9:51am On Dec 31, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Committee pele... You sha wan turn am to tribe thing ... Sorry .. alakori... Portable beat am abeg

Igbos are lovers not fighters😎
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Triangles1(m): 10:17am On Dec 31, 2023
Cantonese:
Great entertainment from both guys. Hopefully after this promo, the rematch will not delay. Just like they both promoted the first “fight”, I hope the next entertainment will be better.

Please everyone do not forget that they are both great friends and showmen. While we are made to think that the fights are real or born out of animosity, the two guys smile to the bank with millions from their fans. We need such entertainment to ease the societal pressures that we face.

Compliments of the season to everyone on Nairaland.

You're right, the same thing I've been telling people, rich people don't fight or hold grudges, they have misunderstanding.
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Fearyourcreator: 10:45am On Dec 31, 2023
FreeIgboho:

Portable beat okocha na my own be that

1 Like

Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Fearyourcreator: 10:46am On Dec 31, 2023
FreeIgboho:

Yorubas are what?
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Fearyourcreator: 10:46am On Dec 31, 2023
FreeIgboho:

So when did they do drug tests, weigh-in, etc. Yes, It was loosely based on boxing, but only LOOSELY!
Catching cruise my ass. You accuse someone of being a thief and he insults your wife and calls you piece of shit, dirty. No, beef was real, then people stepped in
Portable Sha don beat am

1 Like

Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by regaliaregalia: 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2023

Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Fizalis(m): 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2023
So portable and Charles are poor people right?

O is for=?
D is for=?
E is for=?

Totilopussylick:
Those two will never enter ring.

They have money 🤑
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by aribisala0(m): 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2023
Triangles1:

You're right, the same thing I've been telling people, rich people don't fight or hold grudges, they have misunderstanding.
Nonsense
Define Rich
What was Musk and Zuckerberg doing?

You are just constructing your own fichon

People are people and they all fight and bear grudges rich or poor
There are so many recorded instances on the internet of rich people fighting so we need to know your definition of rich
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by FreeIgboho: 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Yorubas are what?

Ask AJ and Bash Ali

Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Fearyourcreator: 8:30pm On Dec 31, 2023
FreeIgboho:

Ask AJ and Bash Ali
Nawa sef
Re: “Go And Fight Anthony Joshua, I Can’t Release The Belt” – Portable by Femmyfamous4u(m): 1:59pm On Jan 01
FreeIgboho:

Not true. Charles landed punches too, then grabbed him and threw him on the canvas

Go and watch it again. It is not street fight, it is boxing. Points matter which is determined by landed punches.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Go Dye Supports Efe With N1Million To Ensure He Wins Big Brother Naija / Chioma Chukwuka Akpotha: People Think I'm A Snob, I'm Only Shy / Shola Ogudu: Why I Called Wizkid Out On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.