Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain (24972 Views)

Nigeria’s Poultry Renaissance: A Naira Devaluation Advantage / Spent Grain ( Brewery Waste ) / Naira Devaluation And Agriculture In The Niger Delta: The Way Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by Omooba77: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2023
dre11:

Merchants from neighbouring countries and beyond are mopping up grains harvested by Nigerian farmers, investigation by Daily Trust Saturday has revealed. The merchants from the…

https://dailytrust.com/naira-devaluation-how-neighbouring-countries-others-feast-on-nigerias-cheap-grains/

Bad policies..
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by FitCorper: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2023
grin
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by FitCorper: 11:21am On Dec 30, 2023
This govt na capo regime. Buy it by exchanging dollar and then more dollar flow for the Nation and then boom, Naira gains value but the price still remains the same. Talkin about investment in the agricultural sector. It’s Neighboring countries that can help us with this dollar deficit. Godbless Jagaban.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by Faposky95: 11:21am On Dec 30, 2023
How gullible we must be......
Bubu was eulogized as the true gimmick he was......
The Agric toga and closing of borders was without saying a good and sellable masterplan.
However, if they were the visioneers we went sheeping after, didn't the so - calleds call to question, why and what really did they use all that resource for......?!
Until the individual states wake up like a bloc... which I think they can, the Politics will render us true slaves...making bricks without straw, remember..?
It's time critical discussions arose......and actions complement.
We maybe in for a very long night...?!!!!!!
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by OgbeniOja1: 11:22am On Dec 30, 2023
Tinubu you do this one
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by Calitoscassius(m): 11:25am On Dec 30, 2023
Jobman222:
Please, I'm calling for help from well meaning and notable members on this forum.

I'm trying to get employment under the Lagos State civil service but it's challenging and almost impossible because I've submitted applications but no action has been taken to call me for interview / documentation .
Having made several attempts over the course of a years plus , I've deemed it necessary to come out to call for help.

Since Job racketeering (buying job slots) is a crime, I've resolved to seek recommendation that will stimulate my application to be acted upon immediately.

In this light, I need someone to link me with a high ranking Lagos politician, members of state house of assembly or high ranking Lagos public civil servant for a recommendation / letter of recommendation.

- the position I've been applying for is surprisingly vacant. I've been following for a long while but , no vacancy advert by the department has been out. I thought that the vacant position would increase my chances after applying but shockingly for me , my application seems to be snubbed.

- I've written a personal motivation essay ready to be sent to whosoever shall be helping me out. I've had relevant experience, have taken courses too. My CV is ready and my LinkedIn profile updated. All this I shall provide in private and I'm willing to be interviewed.

Please, help me into the civil service force. This is s long dream which I hope is actualized next year.

Thanks.
Wellcome to the corrupt Zhoo,

If you voted for Buhari and Tifnubu or voted tribalistically, if you also supports the detention of a innocent Man by DSS even though the courts ruled to release him. please stop disturbing us.
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by aspabay(m): 11:26am On Dec 30, 2023
Illiterates all over this thread. I don’t blame you I blame the reporters who made it look like bad news. You have more people buying from you and you call it bad news.

That’s forex flowing in guys.

You say food is expensive, foreigners are rushing to buy, isn’t that a marvel.

God bless Tinubu.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by Free2Fly: 11:26am On Dec 30, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Farmers are smiling to the bank

That's how hypocr!tes like you always interpret such news by turning it upside down to favour their narratives
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by adecz: 11:27am On Dec 30, 2023
Nigeria has a very dynamic and
hardworking farming community, but
our leaders have totally failed them &
in the final analysis, the citizens are the
ones paying for the failure, with low
naira value and slave wages ❗️❗️❗️
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by Faiththatworks(m): 11:28am On Dec 30, 2023
I was saying in another thread that the doom messages by some so called experts are nothing but scare tactics to discourage Nigerians,and this wonderful thread has confirmed my assertions.
The story confirms my belief that the so called food scarcity in 2024 is only in the imagination of these false prophet of Baal.
Even though the reporter did a wonderful job trying to report what he considers an imminent increase in the price of grains in Nigeria,I refuse to see the cup as empty but rather as half full and half empty.
There's a particular paragraph that talked about the bumper harvest of grains in the North,that's what I call wonderful news.
Infact I daresay the Almighty God will bless the foreigners who are empowering our Northerner farmers.
Despite the report of incessant farmers-herders clashes,banditry, kidnapping and killing of farmers in the North,the news of a bumper harvest should really bring Joy to the heart of any patriotic Nigerian.
Once again,God bless these foreigners bringing in foreign exchange to buy our grains.
I end by saying although Nigeria isn't Eldorado but at least I can testify I bought a tuber of yam for 1000 naira in Ajah, Lagos.
I have lived in that Axis for 3 years and last week was the first time I actually bought a tuber for 1000,it seems there's a bumper harvest of yams in Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by tctrills: 11:30am On Dec 30, 2023
Druss:
We really need to sort out our internal logistics and security wahala. I presume transportation is easier between those countries and Nigeria than internal Nigeria transportation.
It's not a transportation problem oga. It's a currency problem.
So in 2020, 1400cfa was equal to 1000 naira but today, 1000 cfa is equal to 1800 naira. So it's very cheap and easy to buy up Nigerian produce and continue to drive up inflation

2 Likes

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by tctrills: 11:34am On Dec 30, 2023
pipnator00:
This is one of the advantages of weak currency. Weak currency increases international when the base country have enough to/for export.

This is one area the Japanese Yen thrives over other currencies while the Chinese manipulates their currency to weaken it and increase trade. This is one of the big problems Donald Trump had with them.
In this case, your weak currency is causing inflation.
Nigeria was not producing enough food for it's population but now we are sharing it with our neighbors. Prices would go up in our local markets.
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by sanya4good(m): 11:38am On Dec 30, 2023
The Nigeria government through our Custom should be collecting duties from the foreign merchants to discourage them from plundering on the nation's agric produce.
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by tctrills: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2023
aspabay:
Illiterates all over this thread. I don’t blame you I blame the reporters who made it look like bad news. You have more people buying from you and you call it bad news.

That’s forex flowing in guys.

You say food is expensive, foreigners are rushing to buy, isn’t that a marvel.

God bless Tinubu.
Oga you are not very intelligent.
Now I will try to school you but I am sure it's a waste of time.
In 2020, 1000 naira was equal to 1400 cfa but now, 1800 naira is equal to 1000 cfa.
So yes, Nigerian produce are now very cheap for other countries. But again because you are not producing enough for your local market, you are facing a good shortage leading to an inflation in local prices.
Only an idiot thinks this is great news.
So just imagine you have just a bowl of garri to feed your family of 10 but then you are force to sell it. That's an over simplified way of explaining it to you.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by Luckysbab: 11:41am On Dec 30, 2023
Like that academic said, this is supposed to be exploited for its positive outlook - the government should work on increasing food production to meet the demand surge.

I can relate with this somewhat, as I am currently working on one such agro produce export deal to one of the neighbouring African countries.

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by Ykc2(m): 11:42am On Dec 30, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
🤣🤣🤣awon buhari will take over security while osibanjo will take care or the economy ,🤣🤣🤣now farmers are smiling to the bank with useless naira

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by yeshuasfootstep(m): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2023
It is called survival of the fittest.

Go and buy from them if you have the power.

Size is not strength.

When majority of the 200 million population are mumus, this is what you get.

Prepare to collect 5k and start defending and supporting rubbish next election cycle.

Pepertual fools.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by Kukutenla: 11:48am On Dec 30, 2023
Faiththatworks:
I was saying in another thread that the doom messages by some so called experts are nothing but scare tactics to discourage Nigerians,and this wonderful thread has confirmed my assertions.
The story confirms my belief that the so called food scarcity in 2024 is only in the imagination of these false prophet of Baal.
Even though the reporter did a wonderful job trying to report what he considers an imminent increase in the price of grains in Nigeria,I refuse to see the cup as empty but rather as half full and half empty.
There's a particular paragraph that talked about the bumper harvest of grains in the North,that's what I call wonderful news.
Infact I daresay the Almighty God will bless the foreigners who are empowering our Northerner farmers.
Despite the report of incessant farmers-herders clashes,banditry, kidnapping and killing of farmers in the North,the news of a bumper harvest should really bring Joy to the heart of any patriotic Nigerian.
Once again,God bless these foreigners bringing in foreign exchange to buy our grains.
I end by saying although Nigeria isn't Eldorado but at least I can testify I bought a tuber of yam for 1000 naira in Ajah, Lagos.
I have lived in that Axis for 3 years and last week was the first time I actually bought a tuber for 1000,it seems there's a bumper harvest of yams in Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria.
Freestuffs and his alternate reality
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by osothermal(m): 11:57am On Dec 30, 2023
Available9:
Japa if you can...I repeat, Japa if you can
my best decision ever. I repeat ever.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by Nauttyprof(m): 11:58am On Dec 30, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Tinubu is the most useless and foolish non living thing alive

I pity una

Pity yourself first. Your bitterness is harming you. Everything is always about Tinubu
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by Papayaayasager(m): 11:59am On Dec 30, 2023
Na statistics we go chop?

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by jaxxy(m): 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
The economy is sinking bt u are enjoying propaganda
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by Iceberg3: 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
All you have to say...if na ipob now, epistle and analysis grin
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by Iceberg3: 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
osothermal:
my best decision ever. I repeat ever.
But you are in Jos nah
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by nairalanda1(m): 12:04pm On Dec 30, 2023
Yep, 10 % of farming in Nigeria is mechanized

The rest is subsistence farming.

The truth is,we are not producing enough food even before this devaluation came in

We got to modernize our farming process

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by pacespot(m): 12:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
Because we have the most useless government in the world.
Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by skultrick(m): 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
pipnator00:
This is one of the advantages of weak currency. Weak currency increases international when the base country have enough to/for export.

This is one area the Japanese Yen thrives over other currencies while the Chinese manipulates their currency to weaken it and increase trade. This is one of the big problems Donald Trump had with them.

You are the only person that made sense on this thread. Every other person is here blaming tinubu as if Peter obi wouldn't have removed subsidy and unified exchange rate

3 Likes

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by johnog4sure: 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2023
Nazgul:
What still baffles me is how people still manage to defend Tinubu's policies since May 29th.

Every achievement Tinubu has made since resuming office has been on paper. We're yet to see even one policy that has made life easier for the masses. On the 50% discount on travelers going to the East, myself and two friends went to Chisco and God is Good parks at Jibowu on the 26th to confirm. They told us clearly, that they're charging their full price and if we want to book for a seat we should pay. Of course we didn't want to travel, we just wanted to confirm what Mr President said.

Nobody has benefitted from the so called 50% discount, yet everywhere is silent. If you talk his e-rats who can't even afford a day's meal would attack you.

APC has been lying to our faces since 2015, yet they keep defending Tinubu and his Party. Africans truly have a serious problem.
I am waiting for somebody to prove this comment wrong...I am still on my wait

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by Tendd: 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2023
Business is booming,nonetheless.Farmers are selling their products and making turnover.ltaly had a better economy before joining the Euro.Before then, the cheap Lira attracted foreign investors and tourists.A weak naira could attract foreign traders and boost our economy
Nigerians ,most especially the Southerners should stop the obsession of the dollar currency.Prices must not always skyrocket because of exchange rate to the dollar.It's not helpful.

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Neighbouring Countries, Others Feast On Nigeria’s Cheap Grain by johnog4sure: 12:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
Faiththatworks:
God bless Nigeria.
Definition of delusional

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

First Potato Harvest From Kaduna & Vicampro Partnership. (photos) / Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) / My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.