Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness (37129 Views)

My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? / My Mom Has Been On My Neck Because Of This / β€œmy Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by fineboynl(m): 9:14am On Dec 31, 2023
The problem is op is living with his mother. And that's were the problem is. The mother need a woman she can control and take care of her in old age. It's just a normal women mentality they can be stringy and selfish.

What the op needs to do is to try and get that girl pregnant. Then live her with the mother. If he has the financial means travel abroad and be taking care of them back home. They he will marry to another girl. Setting the village girl with a pay off. She is free to remarry after the mother dies. Everything solve.
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Xcelinteriors(f): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2023
Nebes:
You better clean that girl up and start loving her. There's no going back since you were not strong enough to resist the marriage. Package her into your taste now that your mother is still alive.
Dear Op
Please take this advise. No one is actually ugly, it is just lack of maintenance. Bath her up, spend on her and send her to Good school. Good girl is very scarce outside o

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by annayawchee: 9:41am On Dec 31, 2023
You're a werey sir.
You allow your mom blackmail you to a lifetime of misery cos you want to be the perfect son at your own detriment.

Live with your decision sir.
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Denko2721987(m): 11:09am On Dec 31, 2023
No matter what my parents did for me which I earnestly appreciate.. There would always be a limit to what they can use emotional blackmail to sway me to do..
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Emarc16(m): 11:13am On Dec 31, 2023
Lonestar124:
You for allow your mother to die nah, what is that? abi everybody no go dey die again, he or she who do not like his or her life should die... don't be too emotional.

It is sad you don't have friends that advice you against this...There is way of leveraging on someone death for your own good dividend, that is if they die because they went against your wish...if you care to know pm me I will teach you....

Your mother is selfish..
I done laugh πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ tire. This your comment carry violence.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by correctguy101(m): 11:29am On Dec 31, 2023
ecolime:

You never said anything about your wife's attitude.

Also, what level of school did she complete and what age were you when you got married to her?

It's a real wonder.

Baba is just giving himself unnecessary headaches.

He's making himself unhappy and putting the blame on his mum. Egobetter4me, do well and be responsible. Who the devil says you can't like the "ugly" girl?

Is it that you weren't dating anyone and your mum was afraid you'd end up as a old bachelor like this daddy? Why you no bring wife come show ya mum sef?

Take charge of your life and happiness abeg. You can be happy with her, it's just that you've not realized it yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by DeepSight(m): 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
Chispa:
kill her.

Even though I first laughed for almost a minute when I read this, please be very careful. You don't know how suggestible other people can be and whether or not you just planted a seed of thought which will lead to murder.

Seun, nlfpmod. Take note.
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by mariahAngel(f): 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2023
Acidosis:

Na witchcraft coven things. There is something between the mother and the girl. Failure to marry that girl will get her (the mother) killed at the speed of light.

The SIMPle OP is the pawn (sacrifice).

@OP,

Even if you're yet to remove the umbilical cord that joins you and your mother, commonsense demands that you prioritise your sanity and peace of mind above all others. What a SIMPle, SHAMEless "thank you mommy" little pet.

Commonsense should make you realise that you were merely a collateral in the hands of your big mommy. E be like dem don use your destiny collect loan from coven.

The matter get as e be.
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Handsomebb: 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
egobetter4me:
I know a lot of you will blame me after reading this and even want to curse me, but this is my sad story and I just want to put it out there for people to learn. Don't ever let your parents decide your partner for you. Even if you have to run away, do it.

I recently got married to an ugly, short, black, smelly, village girl. At first my uncle took me to see her, then we spoke and she came visiting. All these happened in the village.

When I went back to the city, I told my mom I wasn't interested in her any more, but she insisted I must marry her. My mom would always take my joy by telling me about the girl anytime she sees me happy. There was no breathing space. We live together and I pay the rent. I loved her so much that I could do anything for her. She once sold her wrappers/materials and jewelleries, to send me money for school fees.

Anytime she tries to talk to me about the girl, I will beg her and let her understand that young people like to marry who they truly love. I don't want her, I don't love her and I don't think I will ever will.
After all said and done, she still insisted, so I called my elder bro to come talk to her. He came in from another state and spoke with my mom for hours. She did as if she would allow me marry my choice, just for my brother to go. Immediately my brother left, she started again.

My mom has BP. She stopped using her medication and was ailing. she threatened that if she dies, that I killed her. I thought to myself, that if she truly dies, I might live with the regrets for the rest of my life. I really tried but I was defeated. I succumbed. But before marrying the girl, I spoke to her(the girl) that I don't love her and that I'm marrying her against my wish, but I guess she was desperate. She said I shouldn't worry, that the love would grow in the marriage.

We got married. She lives with me and my mom. Even my neighbours were disappointed in me, when they saw her. Church members and friends were all disappointed. I can't start narrating to them how I got here.

We are over a year gone now and she still irritates me. I so much hate to look at her. We've had sex only about 5 times or so and I have to get high to do this. I only kissed her once(at the alter and I cringed)

I cry everyday.....both at home and while hustling. I never envisaged my life to be like this. I had hoped to meet a beautiful, clean and well mannered graduate from the city. Someone I would truly love and she would love me too. I'd hoped that I would meet her, approach her and we start as friends, then lovers, then I would propose and all. I never planned for it to be like this.

I am so sad with my life. Right now, I'm thinking of applying for masters abroad and probably use the means to Japa and never come back again.

My life is so miserable!

Learn from me. Don't ever let your parents blackmail you into marrying someone you don't love. Pls don't. Just run away for months or few years and they will leave you alone.

I hope it's not like your Mom and her family have shared somethings before and this is what they get as a reward from her, by letting you marry their daughter.
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by regaliaregalia: 3:10pm On Dec 31, 2023

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Thazard(m): 4:00pm On Dec 31, 2023
[quote author=TheWinterBird post=127697287]This NL will not injure somebody with laughter. It seems your post is a serious one but your writeup is just hilarious. I don't have any advice for you. I may be back to advice you once I stop laughing
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Thazard(m): 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Things we watch in nollywood movies,so they do actually happen in real life? shocked

Well op,you sure say your mom no use you take take collateral from that your wife family on the day you were born so?

Cuz this is so so fvcking funny.
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by NemoDatQuod(m): 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2023
You are too late. If you had come to us before you decided to marry her, we would have convinced you that it is better for your mother to have died ( since that was her wish) than for you to have married that girl.
I am truly sorry !
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by tyinfinity: 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2023
I will not pity you if your future city wife kill you with scissors or poison
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Englishisamust: 8:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ashawoman82:
in a year, guy u no get sense o...

I still get hope in 2024πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Ashawoman82: 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2023
Englishisamust:

I still get hope in 2024πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
just make use of am well so u go get am
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by DHaran: 8:31pm On Dec 31, 2023
marry a second wife then. but love the first one
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by Ilekokonit: 9:47pm On Dec 31, 2023
egobetter4me:
i recently got married to an ugly, short, black, smelly, village girl.

your mum is a woman and she is looking out for you and chose for you a wife that will always look up to you and not drag power with you in the future.

you owe your mum an apology for not welcoming her good intentions for you whole heartedly.

her being ugly, short and black were not of her own making.

Being smelly comes with the territory of being a village girl who probably was into farming and has no money for deodorant which you can buy for her along with asking her to shave her armpit.

that woman there is an asset to your unborn children as she will raise them with the right morals devoid of social media addiction or influence and she will never turn your children against you in future.

her being a village girl is also not of her own doing as she was born in the village.

bros, i am writing this from London where I've lived for a while and my "educated" wife has turned my 2 kids against me even though i brought her to the UK and gave her papers.

when i went to naija to get a wife many years ago, i had the option of settling for an ex girlfriend but on reuniting with her, i think that ex girlfriend was in awe of being in the presence of a London returnee and so she became tongue tied and couldn't say much and i erroneously though to myself that how can i take such an unsociable woman to London as a wife.

so, i went after a girl in my neighborhood in Lagos whose sister in London had lied to me that she was a medical student at Unilag and with me being an ex medical student myself, l went for this "fake" medical student and through thick and thin, visa denials etc i managed to get her a settlement UK visa and as a then cab driver / student, I still squeezed out Β£100 per hour to pay a UK barrister to fight her visa denial and I also wrote to the then UK prime minister to complain about my "wife" being denied a visa when by birth I had every right to be in the UK and the PM replied saying he had passed my letter to the MP for my area who I also quote to seperately. She was delayed by the embassy in naija until she gave birth as they saw she was pregnant on her visa appointment and they ensured she gave birth in naija as opposed to the UK although it was near pointless as they had no choice to give the baby a British embassy birth cert at the embassy then in Lagos.

The embassy made a telling statement then that they will stamp my son onto my UK passport and that I could take the baby alone to the UK but they will not give my wife a visa because I was then a mini cab driver which in their mind was not really a job.

So, I came back to the UK to fight for my wifes visa which eventually came when the baby was 7 months and I took them to the UK many years ago paying Β£100 per hour to a barrister in the process.

she had one more kid for me in the UK but as at today she has turned our her grown kids against me initially in her quest to secure single parent payments from the UK government when I went on a 2 month business trip to naija many years ago. (when the cat is away, the mouse will run riot).

As at today 31/12/2023, she and our her 2 grown kids live their seperate lives and i live my seperate life in different apartments in London as we speak.

so. bros if i had married a village girl or that my awe struck quiet ex girlfriend and taken her to London, they will not have turned my 2 kids against me like my ex wife has done after i took her to London and ensured i supported her to get a good education and a good job.

bros, please learn from other peoples experiences and start learning how yo love your god sent wife.

Bros, forget whats friends, neighbors, families and other nosy parkers think and show that humble village woman some love devoid of pride and looking down on her.

That village woman is better than if you married an olosho in disguise who looks more presentable to you but is a reformed prostitute.

Bros, a wife is not some eye catching trophy to show off to friends, neighbors and family. NOT ALL THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD and at times when the universe is doing good to you, you may resist without realizing that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Marriage is a VERY serious affair and IF you make a mistake of marrying for the wrong reason, you may live to regret it.

if i had my way, i will come back to Nigeria and look for an illiterate to marry and take her to London and thats what i will most likely do whenever i feel it is necessary to marry again but for now the hunger to get married has long departed from me 'cos once bitten twice shy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by frozen70(f): 11:40pm On Dec 31, 2023
egobetter4me:
I know a lot of you will blame me after reading this and even want to curse me, but this is my sad story and I just want to put it out there for people to learn. Don't ever let your parents decide your partner for you. Even if you have to run away, do it.

I recently got married to an ugly, short, black, smelly, village girl. At first my uncle took me to see her, then we spoke and she came visiting. All these happened in the village.

When I went back to the city, I told my mom I wasn't interested in her any more, but she insisted I must marry her. My mom would always take my joy by telling me about the girl anytime she sees me happy. There was no breathing space. We live together and I pay the rent. I loved her so much that I could do anything for her. She once sold her wrappers/materials and jewelleries, to send me money for school fees.

Anytime she tries to talk to me about the girl, I will beg her and let her understand that young people like to marry who they truly love. I don't want her, I don't love her and I don't think I will ever will.
After all said and done, she still insisted, so I called my elder bro to come talk to her. He came in from another state and spoke with my mom for hours. She did as if she would allow me marry my choice, just for my brother to go. Immediately my brother left, she started again.

My mom has BP. She stopped using her medication and was ailing. she threatened that if she dies, that I killed her. I thought to myself, that if she truly dies, I might live with the regrets for the rest of my life. I really tried but I was defeated. I succumbed. But before marrying the girl, I spoke to her(the girl) that I don't love her and that I'm marrying her against my wish, but I guess she was desperate. She said I shouldn't worry, that the love would grow in the marriage.

We got married. She lives with me and my mom. Even my neighbours were disappointed in me, when they saw her. Church members and friends were all disappointed. I can't start narrating to them how I got here.

We are over a year gone now and she still irritates me. I so much hate to look at her. We've had sex only about 5 times or so and I have to get high to do this. I only kissed her once(at the alter and I cringed)

I cry everyday.....both at home and while hustling. I never envisaged my life to be like this. I had hoped to meet a beautiful, clean and well mannered graduate from the city. Someone I would truly love and she would love me too. I'd hoped that I would meet her, approach her and we start as friends, then lovers, then I would propose and all. I never planned for it to be like this.

I am so sad with my life. Right now, I'm thinking of applying for masters abroad and probably use the means to Japa and never come back again.

My life is so miserable!

Learn from me. Don't ever let your parents blackmail you into marrying someone you don't love. Pls don't. Just run away for months or few years and they will leave you alone.

You are just in a mess
Is either you live with the pains to please your mum who deceived you to go into what gives you pains and sorrows every seconds of your life

Or you choose your happiness over the worth of your mother

Your mother have lived her own life

I think you should just return your wife to her parents and let them know that you are not happy having her as a wife, ask for the bride price, tranfer a reasonable amount of money to her to establish herself and that's it

Living with someone you don't have any atom of love with, is like living and dinning with an enemy

If you want to start another life, don't let anyone influence you, pick your choice of woman and live your life

Its your life and happiness, it's no one's business
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by LordPherule(m): 7:55am On Jan 01
NL will let you know thingy issues happen elsewhere too.

It's weird that there are still old school or many African parents that still hold that odd mentality in this present era.
Re: My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness by MOG6670(m): 2:01pm On Apr 17
Turquoiseee:
Eyaah! Check me out. Do you like what you see?
this fake of a thing, though i love it Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Doctor, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Fire Accident (Photos) / Ladies Which Of These Have You Done Before? / I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.