Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,897 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? (23882 Views)

My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness / My Mom Has Been On My Neck Because Of This / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by whyteteeth: 12:15am On Jan 08
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by PoliteActivist: 12:43am On Jan 08
*Politeness*
Just the right age to start doing that.
Your mum is a wise woman.
She will live a longer, more peaceful life, for it.

"Looking good" is in the eye of the beholder. Your mum looks very good. It is you that is brainwashed!

129 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by CoronaVirusPro: 1:03am On Jan 08
She has been trapped!

Only God can bail her out!

Hope she has not started donating all the allowances you give her to the church?

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Kobojunkie: 1:11am On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021. Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.
When I travelled home during Christmas, I nearly wept when I saw her. From her head to her toe, she was completely off. No sense of style at all. Just regular clothes and slippers even when she is going out for an event.
What do we do? The church she joined is THE LORD'S CHOSEN. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.
shocked shocked shocked shocked

I believe She is caught up in a cycle of religious delusions that keep her from wanting to take care of herself as she used to.... not an easy problem to disconnect those caught in them. This is not atypical of the particular cult you said she is a part of there. There are over 47000 cults denominations within the religion of Christianity and each with varying levels of delusions to offer. Lord's Chosen offers its members delusions on the level found with dangerous cults. The only way I think to break such is to prove the falsehood of the particular delusions which she holds to. lipsrsealed

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by pocohantas(f): 2:40am On Jan 08
You think your mum isn't looking good because she stopped wearing makeup, wig and jewellery?

I thought natural is better and more beautiful?

Mummy is on the right track and I can assure you she looks beautiful in her natural state.

132 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by whyteteeth: 7:16am On Jan 08
Schoolshooter:
You're def into momcest because TF nigger

I hope you forking kys

Are you alright mentality? Too many mentally unstable people on nairaland. Seun needs to employ mods to weed out this people.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Obiedun(m): 7:31am On Jan 08
I like natural beauty

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Kobojunkie: 7:35am On Jan 08
Obiedun:
I like natural beauty
Yes, wearing slippers and shabby clothing is natural beauty abi? undecided

Do you equally dress that way yourself --- this idea of beauty which you claim is natural for you --- or is it only when others like OP'S mother do it that you OK it? undecided

10 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by ObaOfYorubaLand: 7:43am On Jan 08
whyteteeth:
My ever charming mom has stopped looking good like she used to eversince she joined a particular church in the early part of 2021.

Prior to that time, mom was a lover of good wears. She used to wear nice jewelries to complement her dressing. Nowadays, the story is no longer the same. She has changed completely and she is now a shadow of her former self. She would not make her hair with weavon or attachment, or wear wig or makeup like she used to do. She now uses thread to plait her hair which makes her look very unlike her and very unattractive.

What do we do? The church she joined is THE MOUTAIN OF FIRE. And dad says she has asked her to stop attending the church but she refused. Mom is a retired nurse and she is 62 years old. I am her last child and I and my siblings are doing everything possible to make her look good. Money is not the problem. She is just simply refused to listen to anybody.
FAKE STORY SPONSORED BY REDEEDMED CHURCH OF GOD.

Why did you collect money to tarnish image of a church?

Why are you demarketing a church on nairaland? Who is your paymaster?

I believe you're a member of redeemed church therefore not surprised this came from you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by ObaOfYorubaLand: 7:44am On Jan 08
whyteteeth:

Are you alright mentality? Too many mentally unstable people on nairaland. Seun needs to employ mods to weed out this people.
Seun needs to weed out people like you who comes online to tarnish the image of other churches.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Sucre6: 9:20am On Jan 08
Y'all here saying op mom is on the right track definitely won't take same sh!t if their wives for examples or mother changes the way she dresses and started looking like someone suffering and the kids cant take care of, or their husband don't take care of as the case may be, op mom have been brain washed by the one-sided preaching of some churches,

I had similar experience too, traveled home sometimes ego and meet my parent dressing shabbily in the name of being chosen, had to sit them down and talked them back to the real world, how can you dress shabbily where the daddy and mommy of the church generally overseers flies first class and wear only the best designers cloths, I even learnt some churches told her people that watching TV is a sin, what a joke😂

Abeg they should not preach the bible one sided to brainwash people, that was how one man refused to allow doctors make a blood transfusion on his heavily pregnant wife in the labour room bleeding to death in the name of our daddy in the lord say it's abomination to transmits blood from one person to another, absolute nonsense and that same daddy in the lord won't hesitate to fly his family abroad to get best treatment when they fall ill

Don't be a blind Christian that worships pastors, hid to what the bible says alone and most times ignore the one-sided preaching of some God of Man these days.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by pocohantas(f): 9:42am On Jan 08
Sucre6:
Y'all here saying op mom is on the right track definitely won't take same sh!t if their wives for examples or mother changes the way she dresses and started looking like someone suffering and the kids cant take care of, or their husband don't take care of as the case may be, op mom have been brain washed by the one-sided preaching of some churches,

I had similar experience too, traveled home sometimes ego and meet my parent dressing shabbily in the name of being chosen, had to sit them down and talked them back to the real world, how can you dress shabbily where the daddy and mommy of the church generally overseers flies first class and wear only the best designers cloths, I even learnt some churches told her people that watching TV is a sin, what a joke😂

Abeg they should not preach the bible one sided to brainwash people, that was how one man refused to allow doctors make a blood transfusion on his heavily pregnant wife in the labour room bleeding to death in the name of our daddy in the lord say it's abomination to transmits blood from one person to another, absolute nonsense and that same daddy in the lord won't hesitate to fly his family abroad to get best treatment when they fall ill

I am all for females looking good and modest. But less than two months ago, Nairaland males gathered to tell us women look more beautiful and approachable with their natural hair. They said we should go back to the days we rocked afro, kiko and allback. OP's mum is rocking her thread (kiko). I want to believe she is looking beautiful and I am surprised you think women without artificial hair look unkempt and uncatered for. Many NL guys said that is the kind of babes they love.

16 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Beremx(f): 10:39am On Jan 08
I have never seen any member of Lords Chosen wearing clothes and looking good because they are always wearing their banner as their clothes. I'm yet to see the rich ones among them though because all of them dress the same way.

As for your mom, she has been trapped in the church. There's nothing you can do about it. She's in safe hands grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Nicepoker(m): 11:09am On Jan 08
You want to introduce that innocent woman to another man. Let her be she has embraced Jesus. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Sucre6: 11:16am On Jan 08
pocohantas:

I am all for females looking good and modest. But less than two months ago, Nairaland males gathered to tell us women look more beautiful and approachable with their natural hair. They said we should go back to the days we rocked afro, kiko and allback. OP's mum is rocking her thread (kiko). I want to believe she is looking beautiful and I am surprised you think women without artificial hair look unkempt and uncatered for. Many NL guys said that is the kind of babes they love.

Well I don't buy in that crazy idea of natural hair bullish!t, women should dress good and looking less attractive and dressing like someone in a refugee camp won't make you any closer to God, you can look your best and still serve God fervently.

Even Esther in the bible dressed so beautifully, wore gold and make up, it was in the bible and God was pleased with her and favoured her, those so called pastors won't show their members this part of the bible oh, nah make them dey wear rags and reflecting jacket advertising their church is what they are best at.

Even Jesus Christ himself allowed a woman to use the most expensive perfume on him in the bible, and when the oversabi disciples try to stop the woman, Jesus Christ told them to let her be.

So any one against dressing good in the name of going to church is totally brain washed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Karleb(m): 11:20am On Jan 08
Churches like that are prison that torment with the fear of hell.

Nothing you can do at this point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by tewon: 12:00pm On Jan 08
Lost faith in the Church long ago. I'm pretty sure I pray more than many church goers
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by owiko(m): 12:00pm On Jan 08
D
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Westerhoffe(m): 12:02pm On Jan 08
I still can't figure how some people are trapped by mere words from anyone... Like how do you guys do it even when what you're told is not in line with the word of GOD according to the Bible?

How can you stop looking good because you converted? undecided

Well, to my future partner, as a woman:
*You can't cut your hair. Don't even attempt it.
*You can't plait your hair looking like Nene or Nana from the forestry reserve where no humans have been to.
*You must have your jewelries on when going out unless you forget to use them. And these comprises of both earrings, necklaces/chokers, wrist bangles, wrist watch.
*No nose piercing or double ear piercing.
*No tattoos.
*You must always look good and attractive.
*No tying of wrapper around the house or when going out.
*No tying of scarf around the house or when going out. If you must cover your head, get a hat or face cap.
*No wearing of low shoe except for sneakers.

Let me stop here.
cool

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Uyi168: 12:02pm On Jan 08
She has given up on earthly possessions to focus on heavenly race .

Religion is madness.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by Yungdragon: 12:02pm On Jan 08
Anything that changes you from good to bad shouldn’t be accepted at all
Can never accept that type of a thing
Never

1 Like

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by ufotty2001: 12:03pm On Jan 08
The same thing with my sister.. I wonder how man go take approach her..

5 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by ekelebeXstunner: 12:03pm On Jan 08
There’s nothing you can do. She’s a grown woman who’s chosen to live under the banner of a pastor. Her brain will reset after leaving the church.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by anslemarinze52(m): 12:05pm On Jan 08
Karleb:
Churches like that are prison that torment with the fear of hell.

Nothing you can do at this point.

Lol. I was once afraid of that.. lol
Both heaven and hell could go down on fire. I don't believe in any God or whatsoever they call him.
Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by ufotunang: 12:05pm On Jan 08
You should even thank God that your mom is born again

7 Likes

Re: My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? by ZekeYeager: 12:05pm On Jan 08
So modest dressing is now a form of entrapment?

CoronaVirusPro:
She has been trapped!

Only God can bail her out!

Hope she has not started donating all the allowances you give her to the church?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is This What Makes A Marriage? / At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? / Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.