Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,354 members, 7,812,005 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? (22622 Views)

Wike To Lamido: Only In Nigeria Person With Primary School Cert Can Be Minister / 2023: Who Do You Think Should Be Tinubu's Running Mate? / Presidency Justifies Sowore's Rearrest, Says He's Person Of Interest To DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by Babangidapikin: 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2023
After all the Balabu
After all the Fbi reports and Oga Hundeyin(can't spell name had to Google, Ghana Refugee from Nigeria)
After all the eyes on the Judiciary and Obidient wahala
After all the subsidy removal without subsidizing our pockets first
After all the Naira fluctuation
After all the Refinery ready and Feedstock challenge
After all the COP28 and some people tag Item 7
After all the Godwin
After all one man stand in the eye of the storm

The Jagaban of Africa ... I know he is work in progress but for now he can have the Title ...

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by Zhunnurayn(m): 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2023
Wazirin Adamawa Alhaji Atiku Saddiq Abubakar

Future President
PDP National Leader
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by pedrilo: 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2023
PO 4 sure
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by Laple0541(m): 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2023
Reno should remove that religious fanatic cum political fraudster from that list.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by DesChyko: 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2023
Person of The Year.. Goes ahead to list Dangote Refinery.

Tell me you're seeking attention without saying you are seeking attention.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by ogascomax: 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2023
I am my man of the year.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by harrend(m): 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2023
Wike should be in place of burna boy..
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by joachimnkenchor(m): 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2023
ME 💓

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by Dougad: 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2023
Na only Osimhen gimme joy from that list this year.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by stasius: 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2023
Reno rie nsị.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by Paramount01(m): 5:50pm On Dec 31, 2023
ITbomb:
Peter Obi
His entry into the presidential race made a large number of non-voting citizens become interested and actually participated in the election.

Although most thought INEC would honor its word by making sure any voting without BVAS accreditation invalid as well as uploading result to the IREV

You check your result is not there? So that you can hack it as you hack mmsoma jamb result
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by UnfairLife7(m): 5:51pm On Dec 31, 2023
Peter Obi
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by epainos: 5:52pm On Dec 31, 2023
Victor Osimhen
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by Bluntemperor: 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2023
deji68:
I pick Tiunubu..despite all odd winning the Election...
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by MatrixCircle: 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2023
Bola Tinubu the Iroko .
All they did to pull him down he still stood firm. From Naira design to Chicago result saga.
Plus Aso Rock cabal under Buhari. He still stood and rigged his way in.
Emi lokan is my person of the Year.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by lovetterrison(m): 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2023
Nazgul:
A. Peter Obi: His my choice for the award. His selfless nature and concern for the Masses has shown that if given the opportunity, Nigeria wouldn't become like the western world overnight, but we'll all see significant changes in governance.

B. Victor Osimhen: Aside from qualifiers, he hasn't represented Nigeria in any tournament. 95% of his fame this year came from his impressive performance at Napoli. Although I wouldn't nominate him for the award this year, he'll definitely make my list in future.

C. Burna Boy: He made a global impact this year in the world of music no doubt. But like every other musician, his impact is basically for himself and not for Nigerians. That's why I wouldn't nominate him.

D. President Bola Tinubu: With the kind of suffering Nigerians are currently going through, no thanks to his poorly calculated policies, coupled with the falling naira and inflation. And how he's shown little or no concern towards our plight. I don't think he deserves to be on this list. If we're to do away with tribalism and face reality, President Tinubu performed woefully this year. Let's hope his performance next year would improve for all our sakes.

E. Tems: To be honest, I don't really know much about her. But like Burna Boy, she's representing herself not Nigerians so she's not making my list.

F. The late MohBad: I never knew he even existed until his death. So he certainly cannot be my 2023 person of the year.

G. The Dangote Refinery: This was suppose to top my nomination list. But they never refined any petrol in 2023. Hopefully by 2024, when they start refining petrol and selling at an affordable rate, they'll top my list.

I no be Peter obi fan but with this your analysis ..I give it to him 100
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by lekanation(m): 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2023
Nazgul:
A. Peter Obi: His my choice for the award. His selfless nature and concern for the Masses has shown that if given the opportunity, Nigeria wouldn't become like the western world overnight, but we'll all see significant changes in governance.

B. Victor Osimhen: Aside from qualifiers, he hasn't represented Nigeria in any tournament. 95% of his fame this year came from his impressive performance at Napoli. Although I wouldn't nominate him for the award this year, he'll definitely make my list in future.

C. Burna Boy: He made a global impact this year in the world of music no doubt. But like every other musician, his impact is basically for himself and not for Nigerians. That's why I wouldn't nominate him.

D. President Bola Tinubu: With the kind of suffering Nigerians are currently going through, no thanks to his poorly calculated policies, coupled with the falling naira and inflation. And how he's shown little or no concern towards our plight. I don't think he deserves to be on this list. If we're to do away with tribalism and face reality, President Tinubu performed woefully this year. Let's hope his performance next year would improve for all our sakes.

E. Tems: To be honest, I don't really know much about her. But like Burna Boy, she's representing herself not Nigerians so she's not making my list.

F. The late MohBad: I never knew he even existed until his death. So he certainly cannot be my 2023 person of the year.

G. The Dangote Refinery: This was suppose to top my nomination list. But they never refined any petrol in 2023. Hopefully by 2024, when they start refining petrol and selling at an affordable rate, they'll top my list.
As he pushed anambra to be the best state in Nigeria after spending 8 good years.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by chidooh1: 5:55pm On Dec 31, 2023
Tinubu

For

Becoming what would've been impossible for people like him elsewhere in the world
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by sirchim(m): 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
LordBiden:
Amoda yekini alias bobo chicago aka the Brown teeth druggie deserves that title.

For his style of politics 101 by grabbing the seat of power and running away with it.

For introducing more slangs into the Nigerian vocabulary like Gazelle Gagaraga.

For moving Nigerians from fry pan to hell fire.
no b lie 🤣
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by rummmy: 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2023
Peter obi ....for teaching a particular tribe how election is to be conducted..to the extent of recruiting tugs and showing the whole world how stupid they are....
He always cause them pains everyday with his actions
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by ClearFlair: 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2023
Peter Obi is by far the most influential politician not just in Nigeria but the whole of Africa
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by danowena: 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2023
GeneralOjukwu:
cool

Bola Ahmed Tinubu for :

1. singlehandedly conquering a tribe.

2. For beating President + Vice president + Senate President + Party Chairman

3. For becoming President under APC. No other Nigerian could have done so under the ticket with Buhari's performance.

4. For sponsoring IPOB to foolishly campaign against himself indirectly crowning him. cool

I agree with all ur points.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by gulfer: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2023
The Barely Living but Surviving Nigeria Masses cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by ukaface(f): 5:59pm On Dec 31, 2023
Nazgul:
Of the seven people below, who do you think should be Nigeria's Person of the Year, 2023?

a. Peter Obi
b. Victor Osimhen
c. Burna Boy
d. President Bola Tinubu
e. Tems
f. The late MohBad
g. The Dangote Refinery

Please kindly give a short explanation for why you chose the option you did.

Source Reno Omokri.
Wetin Tems do wey she Dey the list?

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by Nazgul: 6:01pm On Dec 31, 2023
GeneralOjukwu:
cool Bola Ahmed Tinubu for :

1. singlehandedly conquering a tribe.

2. For beating President + Vice president + Senate President + Party Chairman

3. For becoming President under APC. No other Nigerian could have done so under the ticket with Buhari's performance.

4. For sponsoring IPOB to foolishly campaign against himself indirectly crowning him. cool
And how has that helped the average Nigerian?

His own people were screaming to him that they're hungry. In case you don't know, Tinubu is there for himself, his family and his close allies. He doesn't give a shit about you.
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by Maxxim: 6:02pm On Dec 31, 2023
I think seun kuti should be amongst them
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by Creativity22: 6:02pm On Dec 31, 2023
ukaface:

Wetin Tems do wey she Dey the list?
She did not allow wizi to grope her
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by farouk2much(m): 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2023
Non of the above............

My best of 2023 is ABBA gida-gida
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by VEHINTOLAR: 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
President Tinubu,of course ! Against all odds and wicked campaigns of calumny,he still came out victorious as the elected President of Nigeria ! Jagaban is a symbol of resilience,the true meaning of nothing -is -impossible even if the whole world is against you,you can still do it !

My order of preference :

1.Tinubu

2.Osimhen

3.Burna Boy

4. Dangote Refinery
Re: Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? by Fearyourcreator: 6:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
Nazgul:

Make Obi go build his refinery and start selling at affordable price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NGE Confirmed They Took N50m From Jonathan, Claims Unfairly Targeted By Buhari / FFK: Nigeria Has Entered ‘One Chance’ Under Buhari, APC – Ex-minister, Dalung / Man who shot Lucky Dube says he thought he was a Nigerian!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.