Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down (84177 Views)

Jaywon Bounced From Olamide's Concert, OLIC5 / Photos From Olamide's Mother's Burial / Unbothered Jim Iyke Continues With His Swag After Court Ordered Him To Pay N15m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by Sirianese: 7:18pm On Jan 01
officialwdhtv:
Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5svjk0llFA

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1juaJrP11_/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Oniru wey be say na government oba sef dey make mouth...democracy oba
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by sylve11: 7:18pm On Jan 01
Kobicove:
It is bad etiquette and disrespectful to offer a handshake to a person who is far senior to you undecided

Very bad! sad cool

1 Like

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by toxtimmy: 7:19pm On Jan 01
but instead of them to take canoe, camel or horse ride go overseas them go want to fly aeroplane... and say our culture is the best.

don't get me wrong, there are millions of things that our culture is wonderful that we shoudl keep and improve.... but all the one we need to keep and improve no the ones we no want to keep or entertain... the ones that is destroying us are the ones we celebrate.

killsmith:

One of the reasons the blackman is backward is because he does not want to let go the ideas of their monkey ancestors. The fulani still want to graze their cows everywhere, the yorubas keep burying their kings with human heads. They never want to evolve past these archaic ideas, to move along with the ideas of the modern world.
They want to keep practicing the ideas of their monkey ancestors.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by Magnificentokey: 7:20pm On Jan 01
Respect
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by MetaPhysical: 7:22pm On Jan 01
Chicagograduate:
If you stand ænd greet a Yoruba elder without kneeling or bow down your head he will see you as not having a good upbringing.
What has bending down to greet has to do with moral?
In a developed country,a young man will shake hands with and old man and nothing will happen.

We do not have one language across humanity. There is no one universal culture across the world either. Prostration or kneel or bow is Yoruba culture. Handshake is western culture, each to its own.

Nobody criticizes Chinese for bowing to elders and seniors, or Tibetans prostrating to their priests.

Our prostration and kneel in Yorubaland is a honor to a creed popularly known as Omoluabi. We will never depart from it, however much you european-centric voices wail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by MetaPhysical: 7:25pm On Jan 01
Sirianese:

Oniru wey be say na government oba sef dey make mouth...democracy oba

Is he not descended from Oniru family? He is occupying seat of his ancestors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by Komu1048(m): 7:27pm On Jan 01
killsmith:
Somebody tell these fools that prostrating is not respect.

Hope u Av master the act of using flying kick n uppercut on your mother, if you’ve done that, then u represent ur tribe well. That’s intelligent thing to do

2 Likes

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by MetaPhysical: 7:27pm On Jan 01
killsmith:

The institution was created by humans like you. Your ancestors abolished previous institutions to create their own institutions. Why restrain yourself from creating new institutions and practicing your own ideas, to practice the ideas of your ancestors? Don't you have right to practice your own ideas? Or Are you slaves?

Prior to Obaship, which system did our ancestors practise? Please teach me.

1 Like

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by killsmith(f): 7:28pm On Jan 01
toxtimmy:
but instead of them to take canoe, camel or horse ride go overseas them go want to fly aeroplane... and say our culture is the best.

don't get me wrong, there are millions of things that our culture is wonderful that we shoudl keep and improve.... but all the one we need to keep and improve no the ones we no want to keep or entertain... the ones that is destroying us are the ones we celebrate.

The whiteman is always evolving and welcoming to new ideas. The blackman will kill you for trying to tamper with his backward idea.
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by PepeXKermit: 7:33pm On Jan 01
Alliswell248:

Shifting the post......very bitter people.
What does been respectful has to do with making 50k?

you must be very fullish to not have seen his original post. read the origin and understand unbitter person.
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by ufotunang: 7:34pm On Jan 01
Because he has too much money he wants to disrespect the king

1 Like

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by PepeXKermit: 7:34pm On Jan 01
omooba969:

What are you struggling to prove here?

that poor people are the tribal bigots. are you one of them?

2 Likes

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by Ovasize(m): 7:45pm On Jan 01
Gone are the days when boys use to remove their cap to greet elders. These days the will just remove one earphone... grin

1 Like

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by omooba969(m): 7:48pm On Jan 01
PepeXKermit:

that poor people are the tribal bigots. are you one of them?

What you Nigerians lack is true values. How do material things define who you are, also I'm baffled how empty heads like you link poverty to bigotry...really disturbing. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by Kimo21(m): 7:52pm On Jan 01
PepeXKermit:

i will bet that you do not make up to 50k a month, if you make up to 50k a month, prove me wrong and I will tripple that amount to any account of your choice. There is a pattern with poor people, they are the tribal bigots.
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by PepeXKermit: 7:56pm On Jan 01
omooba969:

What you Nigerians lack is true values. How do material things define who you are, also I'm baffled how empty heads like you link poverty to bigotry...really disturbing. undecided

Values I have, material things does not define you but you are looking for a job, you for stay jobless and just live in your parents house because material things do not matter in this life. The correlation between poverty and bigotry is very high and I ask you, show me a tribal bigot who is rich.

1 Like

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by Vadese1: 7:56pm On Jan 01
If you have respected your self, Olamide will not dear to stretch hand for a handshake.
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by eepeepook: 7:57pm On Jan 01
Nothing serious from what I saw. He took correction. Life goes on.
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by Alliswell248: 7:59pm On Jan 01
PepeXKermit:

you must be very fullish to not have seen his original post. read the origin and understand unbitter person.

Very bitter people.....hatred runs through their blood.
Noise maker
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by FireUpNow(m): 8:02pm On Jan 01
Is Olamise not a Yoruba man? Why disrespect his Majesty by bringing his hand for a handshake with a king?
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by Kusu12: 8:03pm On Jan 01
killsmith:
The whiteman is always evolving and welcoming to new ideas. The blackman will kill you for trying to tamper with his backward idea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by soccerlite: 8:04pm On Jan 01
accordadoga28:
Hehehehe

In Yorubaland, we don't wake up our elders with sidekicks.

We are not like some people from one region who lack home training because their stubborn great-grandfathers died like rats and couldn't live to train them

The useless mods are seeing this without taking action accordingly

NL have turn to gutter

1 Like

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by PepeXKermit: 8:11pm On Jan 01
Alliswell248:

Very bitter people.....hatred runs through their blood.
Noise maker

Pauper. earning less than 50k a month.. lmao!
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by Lightorder: 8:11pm On Jan 01
The king did well
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by PHAYOL81: 8:16pm On Jan 01
If you don't know the right thing to do then you have to be taught. Royals are sacred in our tradition and the institution should be highly revered.
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by correctguy101(m): 8:16pm On Jan 01
Timoleon:

It's a fake headline. Normally, guys no dey stretch hand give man wey senior am for handshake not to now talk of a yoruba boy stretching hand to man wey reach him papa age before you come dey talk of say na king sef.

Dey play..

Even during our time there were still disrespectful Omo ale.... Let alone now that most children have red eyes....

Monatchs that have been replaced with touts and goons by the political godfathers, abeg make we hear word. Even Benin has been corrupted. Even before the corruption,, the monarchs have mostly been a total ripoff..... SMH
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by donmik: 8:18pm On Jan 01
Who is Olamide sef? I can't even recognise him.
These indomie kids like hyping these noise makers called musicians
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by azzima(m): 8:19pm On Jan 01
muyico:
minor king
real king don't need to force any person to do d rite tinz
Ipob!!!

The folks that never recognized that Kings as Kings ( Reno Omokri)
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by Kay25(m): 8:20pm On Jan 01
CameroonPepper:
Most respectful tribe in the world indeed
Hypocrites
I pain u cos u mo hear say olamide use leg kick the king like ur own people would do the ones older than them

1 Like

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by Hsurdluxury: 8:21pm On Jan 01
meum:
My aged uncle visited our house the other day, I went to where he sat to greet him.
I bowed in respect while greeting him until he brought out his hand for a handshake. I then responded with both hands.

It’s utterly disrespectful to stretch your hand first to an elder in a handshake.

i get offended.easily by kids stretching hands first to elderly person

i will pat your back the moment you stretch your hand first and refuse hand shake

normally i hate kids postrating to me.but the best is after greeting with sir wait for me to stretch my hand first

everybody knows their mates nah

africa get culture and values
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:23pm On Jan 01
Nonsense 😒

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olajumoke Orisaguna & Sunday Orisaguna Face Hard Times, Relationship Threatened / Ini Edo Busted By Her In-law Over Divorce Saga Lies / Lady Paints Her Body With Davido, Burnaboy Faces To Mark Nigeria's Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.