Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down (84178 Views)

Jaywon Bounced From Olamide's Concert, OLIC5 / Photos From Olamide's Mother's Burial / Unbothered Jim Iyke Continues With His Swag After Court Ordered Him To Pay N15m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by toxtimmy: 10:32am On Jan 02
Haha.... One of the first thing you should teach yourself and children is simply that "respect is reciprocal"... And not based on if the person is an elder.... Respect is not philanthropy work or emotional mindset... Anyway to conclude e be like say by default and based on your logic you don't respect others that you senior.

Okay let's assume you respect your juniors for giggles... What are the criterias you use to make that assessment? Is it wrong if you use those same criterias to assess elderly?

Let's talk morals, with good morals we should respect everybody not only elders until they show or we decipher their true colors based on their actions, verbal or physical.

My point is if we first and foremost respect ourselves, we will be respected too by only the people that appreciate and respect themselves.

Remember, birds of the same feather flock together.

Lastly, if you ever want to do good to others you do am freely irrespective of age or respect or tribe or color or anything.... That's why for instance a doctor would always treat each patient with goodness of his heart based on his professional training... In other words doing good or what is right has nothing to do with respect.

meum:

I will respect him as an elder but will show my displeasure with the way his actions are negatively affecting the people.
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by VULCAN(m): 11:02am On Jan 02
And yet Olamide is a Yoruba.

Your school fees was wasted and your parents are regretting it.

They would have gained more if they used the money training you to set up a farm.

accordadoga28:
Hehehehe

In Yorubaland, we don't wake up our elders with sidekicks.

We are not like some people from one region who lack home training because their stubborn great-grandfathers died like rats and couldn't live to train them
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by maasoap(m): 11:46am On Jan 02
ednut1:
ok.
Seyi Tinubu and Oba Akiolu below
So? It depends on who made the attempt first, that's what the title of this thread is about.
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by Kobicove(m): 12:01pm On Jan 02
Westwood2580:
African mentality.. Na if I even greet u sef talk more of handshake.. U dey feed me ni

You people will just be talking rubbish because you want to form woke.

For your info it is also the standard practice in the corporate world no matter which country you're in! undecided
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by buharibanjo(m): 12:45pm On Jan 02
U de among the Pipu na
IamtheTruth1:

What did he say that was wrong? Abi you failed to learn Morals and manners growing up?

I donā€™t even know how some people reasonā€¦ like their brain cells didnā€™t grow properly from birth.
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by naija1stnigar(m): 5:22pm On Jan 02
Coldspice:

Na you get liver cirrhosis, na the same you get ulcer.
I don wan cause you depression add to wetin dey for ground. Just carry your self dey go.
we are talking of respect you are talking about ulcer what is the correlation if no be brain dey pain you, I hate it when you accuse others for a crime you are very good at committing.
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by luckyz4rea(m): 5:37pm On Jan 02
MightySparrow:

How can you convince me to jettison my culture, values and customs? That what makes me who I am. That is our identity. į»Œmį»luabi.
I learned English language but do not think in English. I don't wake up and be thinking of pizza or hotdog. I think amala, ewedu. No matter what enlightenment one has in Yoruba, we prefer our Aį¹£į» Oke, Aį¹£į» ebi, owambe.

So, the new normal is not our culture.

į»Œmį»luabi, if you don't know, conduct yourself well in every situation. In that you don't get humiliation.
If the fellow breeches the rule, you, an outsider can commend him. We will not.
Never.

I am proudly yoruba.
į»Œmį»luabi.

Iā€™m completely at sea about what you saying. You missed the whole point I was trying to call your attention to but itā€™s fine. We shall be fine
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by ericmor: 5:43pm On Jan 02
Agbero yeye king. If it was one of those in power, reverse will be the case. Imagine, who be oniru king? Well, he's older than olamide so I won't say much
Re: Moment King Of Oniru Refuse Handshake From Olamide & Ordered Him To Kneel Down by MightySparrow: 7:41am On Jan 03
luckyz4rea:

Iā€™m completely at sea about what you saying. You missed the whole point I was trying to call your attention to but itā€™s fine. We shall be fine

Well maybe I don't understand you.

All is well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olajumoke Orisaguna & Sunday Orisaguna Face Hard Times, Relationship Threatened / Ini Edo Busted By Her In-law Over Divorce Saga Lies / Lady Paints Her Body With Davido, Burnaboy Faces To Mark Nigeria's Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.