Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians (15502 Views)

I Have Abandoned My Senatorial Ambition — Peter Obi's New DG Says / PDP 4 Peter Obi: New Political Group Emerges / Peter Obi's New Dangerous Lie Cracked- PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by DamnnNiggarr: 4:12pm On Jan 01
My Fellow Compatriots,

As we thank God and enter a new year, 2024, I send my heartfelt and warmest greetings to all Nigerians: from my family and I, to you and yours. May the Almighty God bless you all richly and grant your good heart desires in the new year and beyond.

The events of past year are now part of our national history. As we trudge on, we remain mindful of the State of our Nation, and that our best hopes and aspirations remain largely unfulfilled. Peace and security continue to elude us with the rising level of bloodletting deeply troubling and sometimes beyond a war situation. A situation where hundreds of Nigerians are violently killed in December alone is deeply sad and unacceptable. While we pray for the repose of the souls departed, we demand that the Federal Government must do whatever is required to bring the perpetrators to justice and permanently stop a re-occurrence in any part of Nigeria. In addition to the lamentable security situation, our economy remains confusing and depressing with unemployment, inflation, poverty, inequality and other key socio-economic variables all negative and worsening. As Nigeria is the only country we have, deeply endowed but lacking in good leadership, we will continue to seek a new Nigeria that we know is POssible.
Nigerians are now very aware and convinced that good governance, inclusive development, and accountable leadership expected in a functional democracy, continue to elude us but we must be consistent and resolute in our demand for rule of law, regulatory quality and government effectiveness for transformative solutions to litany of our social problems.

If there is one fundamental threat to our democracy, it is the undermining and weakening of our national institutions and the capture of state affairs and resources by few individuals and private interests. This must stop for Nigeria to move forward and function as an inclusive and sustainable society and nation. In a democratic and secular country like ours, there must be full respect for the separation of powers between the three independent arms of government, as well as between the federating units. For instance, the National Assembly should devote time and commit themselves to diligent performance of their functions like the 2024 budget that requires their prudent examination and subsequent patriotic oriented approval or rejection. We must work assiduously to avoid drifting to a one-party state, or a situation,where the Federal government intervenes unduly in the internal affairs of the states, particularly in circumstances where national security is not threatened. We in Labour Party have undertaken in the national interest and in our undying commitment to a New Nigeria that is Possible, to remain firmly in opposition and as such, must remain focused going forward. Our collective role in nation building remains fundamental and obligatory. Again, let me use this opportunity to thank all Nigerians who supported our campaign during the 2023 elections and voted for us, because they believed in the quest for a New Nigeria. The outcome of the 2023 presidential elections was contested and remains so, on record. But the Courts of law have spoken; so be it.

I wish to thank members of the Labour Party, the Obidient Family, friends and well-wishers of Nigeria for their loyalty, resilience, tenacity and commitment to true democracy. We will continue ongoing discussions and efforts for the Labour Party to adjust to our new role as Nigeria’s main opposition party. We will continue to constructively engage all Nigerians and our friends, who have now realized the vast implications of the road not taken; and the folly of national interest decisions predicated on sentiments and primordial interests.

Nigeria is our God given country. The business of Nigeria is far too important to be left to those involved in transactional politics. I am involved in the struggle for a New Nigeria that is Possible and works for all and will remain passionately committed to the crusade.

I therefore implore you all who strive for a New Nigeria to remain fully engaged, committed and resilient as it is and will be Possible. God bless you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Happy and Prosperous 2024. -PO

Peter Obi

157 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by DamnnNiggarr: 4:13pm On Jan 01
shocked
If there is one fundamental threat to our democracy, it is the undermining and weakening of our national institutions and the capture of state affairs and resources by few individuals and private interests.
-PO 2024

139 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by TylerDurden: 4:15pm On Jan 01
If there is one fundamental threat to our democracy, it is the undermining and weakening of our national institutions and the capture of state affairs and resources by few individuals and private interests.

Coming from a bloody hypocrite who was accused of diverting state resources to his private portfolio and Brewery business.

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by Racoon(m): 4:25pm On Jan 01
The events of past year are now part of our national history. As we trudge on, we remain mindful of the State of our Nation, and that our best hopes and aspirations remain largely unfulfilled.

Peace and security continue to elude us with the rising level of bloodletting deeply troubling and sometimes beyond a war situation. A situation where hundreds of Nigerians are violently killed in December alone is deeply sad and unacceptable.

While we pray for the repose of the souls departed, we demand that the Federal Government must do whatever is required to bring the perpetrators to justice and permanently stop a re-occurrence in any part of Nigeria. In addition to the lamentable security situation, our economy remains confusing and depressing with unemployment, inflation, poverty, inequality and other key socio-economic variables all negative and worsening.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 01
Parallel president 😁 grin

Obi shouldn’t give our Prez heart attack abeg

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by DMerciful(m): 4:25pm On Jan 01
The genuine winner of the Feb 25 election has spoken!

209 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by BOSSkesh(m): 4:25pm On Jan 01
Your own Wahala
You will never be president

47 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by Chibuzoripob: 4:25pm On Jan 01
grin online Agulu President

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by ShangTsung000: 4:25pm On Jan 01
IYOO...

When the President speaks...

ONYE ANWULU!!!

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by luvinhubby(m): 4:26pm On Jan 01
The genuine presidential address we were all looking forward to.
The other one was from the political fraud

123 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by ahnie: 4:26pm On Jan 01
My president cheesy cheesy cheesy
I Stan you sir!

No Body should disturb my timeline with yeye mentions o...I go jux vex go drink sachet water.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by Nwaotu10(m): 4:26pm On Jan 01
grin
Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by Beress(m): 4:26pm On Jan 01
This is how a Presidential message should be...inspiring hope. Not one balublu bulaba full of lies

107 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by Fatbam005: 4:26pm On Jan 01
No politician should be believed.

13 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:26pm On Jan 01
Nigeria is our God given country. The business of Nigeria is far too important to be left to those involved in transactional politics. I am involved in the struggle for a New Nigeria that is Possible and works for all and will remain passionately committed to the crusade. cool cool cool

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by Creditalerts: 4:26pm On Jan 01
Ellu p

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by Bbgbs23: 4:26pm On Jan 01
Who is Peter Obi to address the nation?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by dclak112: 4:26pm On Jan 01
Na you Sabi
TylerDurden:

Coming from a bloody hypocrite who diverted state resources to his private portfolio and Brewery business.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by easyfem(m): 4:27pm On Jan 01
this man don dey use style to nurse next presidential election

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by Omoawoke: 4:27pm On Jan 01
grin

Presidents dey give message, this one too dey drop quote

Wetin person no go see for Naija grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by MightySparrow: 4:27pm On Jan 01
Who the heck is he?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by Bacteriologist(m): 4:28pm On Jan 01
Peter Obi is a true leader who commands the sort of influence that mandate thieves cannot.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by bender79: 4:28pm On Jan 01
God bless you sir. Agbado people can put a rope over their head and do the needful

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by Kenmatt(m): 4:28pm On Jan 01
I didn't go through.

Do I even need to go through?

Why is Peter Obi delivering a new year messages to Nigerians?

Is he a Nigerian President?

Or was it because President Tinubu delivered a new year messages he too wants to do the same.

Maybe, they say he is the Nigerian President of X (Twitter).

22 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by Chibuzoripob: 4:28pm On Jan 01
grin
ahnie:
I Stan you sir!

No Body should disturb my timeline with yeye mentions o...I go jux vex good drink sachet water.
Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by youngrichnigga: 4:29pm On Jan 01
Well said ✌️✌️✌️

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by Omoawoke: 4:29pm On Jan 01
ahnie:
I Stan you sir!

No Body should disturb my timeline with yeye mentions o...I go jux vex good drink sachet water.

Hope the water wasn’t made in Aba?

Abeg stay safe out there oo, those iPobss are ready to poison entire country just to do onye billionaire

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by Risingblue008(m): 4:29pm On Jan 01
The real man
If u contest for presidency next election
I no go hesitate to still vote for u
U give me hope say 9ja go good

I pray
Let ur expections come to pass

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's New Year Message To Nigerians by ClearFlair: 4:29pm On Jan 01
Man pass man abeg. Peter Obi is a rare gem. In all my years of following Nigerian politics I have never seen this type of empathy and consistency from a politician.

54 Likes 11 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Introducing Chief Olusegun Obasanjo:The Navigator of A.P.C Ship of "Change" / Enugu State To Protect And Exploit 2000-year-old Iron Smelting Site / New NAPTIP DG Imaan Suleiman Receives Accolades On Appointment Amidst Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.