Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? (15245 Views)

Once Husband And Wife Sleep In Different Beds, The Marriage Is Almost Over ..... / I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by ThunderFireAgba: 2:35pm On Jan 02
AmazingELixir:

Noooh!...She can take care of that herself, I want to driven 2011 venza this year, I'm saving towards that.

Please understand with me, I'm sure when that car arrives she will monopolies it....but let me get it first.
Otilo for you.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by loswhite(m): 2:37pm On Jan 02
saasala:

It has nothing to do with a woman. The president should have hired his wife then.

Whatever happened in Niger is just life. Life is cruel and anyone can stab you at the back. There are about 200 countries in the world with presidents and their guards and security have not betrayed them. Niger is just one country out of many so you have no point here.
You still do not understand the politics of protection. You mention a guard protecting the king but I am only letting you know the protection of a king goes beyond a guard with a gun or sword.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by SavageMaster: 2:38pm On Jan 02
Notfogotten:
Does a wife earning more than the husband affect the marriage institution?

While a lot of people believe it does as according to them most women in this category tends to disrespect the man; others believe it doesn't as there are women who earn more than the husband and the information is known only between the man and the wife.

What is your opinion, do you have real life
experience or know a family where marriage is suffers because the woman later turned out to be earning more?

What would your advice be for men who later in life earns less than their wives?

What would be your advice for women who later earn more than the husbands

We are looking at provision only in monetary aspect?

Is the man providing spiritual leadership, cover and direction for his family (his wife inclusive)?

Can the wife meet him and get a wise advice in most, if not all areas of her life and even work?

If he is working and earning some money, is he using it wisely for the good of his home?

No matter how many times more than the man his wife earns, she won't mind shouldering the financial responsibilities of the home if her husband is doing well in other areas

Marriage isn't just about money. I'm talking from personal experience.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by saasala(m): 2:38pm On Jan 02
loswhite:
You still do not understand the politics of protection. You mention a guard protecting the king but I am only letting you know the protection of a king goes beyond a guard with a gun or sword.

Before I continue with you, let me ask: How old are you? Are you married?
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by micxwell(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02
Omagi:
It depends, study your wife to be, personality matters. Nobody can know her better than you, if you fail to do the needful, you will pay a heavy price for it. My wife has been earning more than me for like 4 years now since we've gotten married and we have a son. Nobody knows about it, she's humble, loving and understanding. We plan on each salary, invest with hers and use mine to run other expenses like food, school fees and any other thing you can think of. We moved into our house January 2022, each time I collect loan from cooperative, we use more than half of her salary to pay the loan.
I know she's humble before I married her, we discussed this before marriage. If you see any trait of pride in a girl, pls run, it will grow with time, block third parties totally and you are good to go. Besides if your wife is well trained, from a good home, you have no problem. You have to be reasonable as a man too and not feel unsecured as a man, some things are just meant to be like that. If you try to fight it, your marriage may crumble.
May God bless your family brother.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by loswhite(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02
saasala:

Before I continue with you, let me ask: How old are you? Are you married?
irrelevant question.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by purples25(f): 2:42pm On Jan 02
If a woman tries to control a man the same way a man controls a woman, it is termed disrespect.

But all the while when the woman is below and it's being done to her, it's seen as normal. Because women were created to take shit. 😁

Women no get dignity for where Africa dey, swears.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by kwasoly(m): 2:43pm On Jan 02
Notfogotten:

While a lot of people believe it does as according to them most women in this category tends to disrespect the man; others believe it doesn't as there are women who earn more than the husband and the information is known only between the man and the wife.

experience or know a family where marriage is suffers because the woman later turned out to be earning more?

What would your advice be for men who later in life earns less than their wives?

The man should double up his hustle to avoid you know now
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by gbolswag(m): 2:46pm On Jan 02
It depends on what the guy is earning also
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by creolehunt: 2:47pm On Jan 02
12345baba:
in real life if ur wife no protect u , through prayers, support or any form ur a dead man. We men naturally leave carelessly a good wife pays attention to details.

Underrated comment
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Dynamicboss: 2:47pm On Jan 02
saasala:
The major reason the marriage of our parents lasted till eternity is because our fathers were the sole or major breadwinners of the family.

The reason marriages nowadays crash easily is because women now bring something tangible to the table. This is the major reasons marriages in Western countries don't last because women now have a say.

I just laugh when I see Nairaland guys saying "Nigerian women don't bring anything to the table" Like can you handle them when they start bringing something to the table?

I will rather not want my wife to bring anything to the table or bring something very small to the table. I only need her to be a good wife, take care of the home, the kids and be submissive. That's all a woman needs to do.

Nature has not designed a woman to be a leader. The moment they earn more than you, then they become the leader which is abnormal, and since they are not wired to lead, they will crumble the ship and scatter the building.

As much as people get divorced in Nigeria, we are still among the least divorced countries in the world but the numbers are climbing up because a lot of men are asking "What is she bringing to the table?"

I understand that the economy isn't helping matters and the make up of the 21st century generally has made it possible for both men and women to work and anyone can earn more than the other, and this is a pandemic.

Women are designed to worship their men, respect them, take care of the home and the kids.

As a man, you are a king and your wife is the Queen. Queens don't work, they only look beautiful for the king to admire and they don't have any say in the house. And they dare not question the king for having concubines or taking more wives.

Men, work hard, work very hard so you can take care of your home and stop waiting for your wife to bring something to the table. You can't handle that table.

My wife is just here enjoying herself. She is respectful and takes care of the home and when she catches me cheating, she can only cry. I will pet her and beg her and go back to my cheating. And the day she cheats, she is going back to her father's house while I take another wife.

Why do I find this comment funny? cheesy

Lol u are justifying your cheating and stopping your wife from doing the same despite the fact that you initiated the circumstance that led to this.

At the bolded, heard of the devil you knew is better than the camouflaged angel? Be careful
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by boxypane(m): 2:47pm On Jan 02
Normally, it should not. But na ego go wound some spouse.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by skj1377(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02
Yes
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by warrifinest1985: 2:49pm On Jan 02
Notfogotten:

It's not just right for a woman to earn more than her husband! If my wife earn more than me, she will have to choose between me and her job, it's either she quit her job for us to remain married or i quit the marriage, no matter how loyal she is.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Tonytonex(m): 2:50pm On Jan 02
Notfogotten:

it depends

1 Like

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by aameyah(f): 2:51pm On Jan 02
If she earns more than you, then you suck it up and increase your hustle as she has worked hard to get to where she is. You too work hard to get to where you want to be.
Abi she should leave the job to massage your miniscule ego?
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by warrifinest1985: 2:53pm On Jan 02
She is the husband and yot are the wife. My guy wake up
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Omoeri772: 2:54pm On Jan 02
see below

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Tonytonex(m): 2:54pm On Jan 02
aameyah:
If she earns more than you, then you suck it up and increase your hustle as she has worked hard to get to where she is. You too work hard to get to where you want to be.
Abi she should leave the job to massage your miniscule ego?
you can confirm what I just said up there from this babe.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by lbdarapmc(m): 2:55pm On Jan 02
Depends on who he is getting married to. Some women are Angels sent from heaven while some, only God knows where they came from.
Also, the man's character have a factor to play
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Goldbw122(m): 2:55pm On Jan 02
Yeah it will even if the woman is mature, is a natural behavior for a man to provide for the family not the other way around, the woman already have so much in her plate already, so that is what it is
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Tonytonex(m): 2:58pm On Jan 02
purples25:
If a woman tries to control a man the same way a man controls a woman, it is termed disrespect.

But all the while when the woman is below and it's being done to her, it's seen as normal. Because women were created to take shit. 😁

Women no get dignity for where Africa dey, swears.
you are neither here nor there. I no understand wetin you type.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by theamazonguru(m): 3:00pm On Jan 02
BlaqFaze:
Very much...the woman isn't suppose to provide in the first place

Who says a woman is not supposed to provide.
So na the man sin abi.
Na only the man suppose dey work his ass out trying to make sure he makes provisions for everything needed In the house, until he drops dead and the woman moves on to the next provider (man).

What a wack African mentality.what a pity for my fellow men.
Slaving away under the weight of making sure they provide all the needs of the family.

Soap oh, na the man.
Maggi, oil, cream, tooth paste and all very basic needs, not to talk of house rent, school fees, Feeding, projects, cars etc.

No wonder, the life expectancy of Men in Africa is less than 50. You see the women feeding fat while the men the supposed bread winner get lean, as he is the single carrier of burdens.

Burden carriers I hail Una oh.

If you love yourself as a man, you better be wise
It is either your wife works and also contributes to the well being of the family or you set her up, ensure she has a business she can use to support you, otherwise sorry is your case.

Remember you are not Jesus who bore the sins of the whole world on him.
You are a husband, she is your wife. You guys are supposed to be helpers to each other.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Tonytonex(m): 3:00pm On Jan 02
I'm more interested in the female comments on this topic.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by enochogaga(m): 3:01pm On Jan 02
A WOMAN DESIRE IS TO RULE A MAN, IMMEDIATELY SHE GET SUCH OPPORTUNITY IN SOCIETY OR HER FAMILY,U SEE SEVERAL CONTROL, COMMAND, LOUSINESS. THAT WOMAN FOR U.

1 Like

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Olumeme: 3:02pm On Jan 02
The wife earning more is not a problem but the characters and the maturity of the people in the marriage is what affects the marriage.
It is usually not a pleasant one is both of them are not matured to handle the responsibilities that comes with this. I have discovered that men in this kind of marriage leave the bills to the woman to carry, without also supporting in other ways, also women in this state tend to be very rude and condescending to their husband which then brings problems.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Deogratiasfx: 3:03pm On Jan 02
Notfogotten:

It depends. The attitude of the man means alot. There won't be a problem if the man still provides as the head, as if the woman does not have money. And he should keep working on him self to grow financially but should not be undér pressure though; pls never compete with ur wife. Just maintain a healthy boundary that's all
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Opengates(m): 3:06pm On Jan 02
I have been there before. It depends on the type of the woman you married.

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by JERRY1925(m): 3:06pm On Jan 02
YES. NO ALLOW PERSON DECEIVE YOU.
money they make people talk anyhow.
Sometimes when we talk to our wife's in some weird manner they usually don't get angry, majorly because we are the providers.

But when a woman starts providing u better don't get lazy as a man.

No matter how much ur wife end..do ur manly duty.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Action102(m): 3:07pm On Jan 02
It's doesn't matter. It's all about understanding.

My Wife earn more than me, Her salary is 4x my salary but you won't know. As soon as they pay her she transfers all the money into my account and I decide how we spend the money for the month and save some.

It is only a woman who doesn't have the fear of God that will insult her husband because she earns more than him.

But note I still pay house rent and other basic things as the father of the house. I do my duty to provide.

1 Like

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Petacephas: 3:09pm On Jan 02
Ask children in marriage not matured couple.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by silibaba: 3:11pm On Jan 02
Notfogotten:

marriage is not for lovey-doveys.

I have cousin whose wife works in Unilever as a director. she earns in millions (no capping).My cousin controls her salary and her wealth. He will drive The wife to work with her official car, drop her and use the car for his own personal hustle(finding contracts).The wife is supportive and submissive to him

If you can't handle a riche wife, divorce her. Otherwise she will soonest turn your children against you by tagging you a lazy husband who don't care for his family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Culture Vs Legal Law: Who Owns The Child??? / 25 Year Old Guy Impregnates His Mum In Abuja! / My Wife Is Dating 8 Men, Fights Me With Knife, Broken Bottles - Husband Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.