Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? (15261 Views)

Once Husband And Wife Sleep In Different Beds, The Marriage Is Almost Over ..... / I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Jamiubond009(m): 1:54pm On Jan 02
grin
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Chukwunonso1: 1:54pm On Jan 02
It's hard to be respectful and submissive when you are the breadwinner (ad a woman o). Very hard.

That the man is the head of the family isn't just because he's male, it's mainly because he's the provider, now reduce or it remove his ability to provide or make him the lesser provide and see wahala

1 Like

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by ednut1(m): 1:54pm On Jan 02
If a woman is not comfortable spending her own money on you or herself during dating , run o. If she later earns more than you in future problem go dey o.
There is something with money regardless of the gender you want to call the shots.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by iajour(m): 1:55pm On Jan 02
Barakait:
I ran away from my woman because of this
Wont v done that do if i were u🤷🏿
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by iCauseTrouble: 1:55pm On Jan 02
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by sexyto(m): 1:56pm On Jan 02
I think the only way it will not be much problem is to share responsibility and keep up with it. I can not guarantee you perfect and smooth sailing but you will have to endure some tantrums.

1 Like

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by ZaraIhua(f): 1:56pm On Jan 02
It depends on the level of maturity of both parties.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by AmazingELixir: 1:57pm On Jan 02
lipsrsealed

A woman will be a woman anyway...what they earn doesn't matter to them....the husband money is always sweeter.

My own almost earn thesame amount with me....madam still dey ask me to give her money for her clothing, I just dey look her with red eyes.

5 Likes

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Ghoxt: 1:57pm On Jan 02
Everyone is saying "if she is mature", in reality how many people are mature? Now drill it down to women.
My advice to married men, "put in more effort, learn and pray if you have to, so you can take care of your family as you should".

4 Likes

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by ThunderFireAgba: 1:58pm On Jan 02
I've told people; Opening up a joint account(family) different from your main account is the way to beat financial crisis in family homes. If the man and woman agrees to contribute a quota of their income to fund the family expenses, meaningless excuses like this won't be coming up irrespective of who earns the most. But most effectively, communication is the best antidote.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Boldideas: 1:58pm On Jan 02
If the earnings is not bigger than Modupe Adelaja's own, I see no reason why such a lady should think that she is rich up to the extent of rubbishing her crown (husband). Because the last time I checked, Modupe's husband is the the husband of his wife.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Mosba: 2:00pm On Jan 02
If the woman is from a poor background and uncultured yes. I've met ladies who use very expensive cars yet very humble and a lady from poor home bought a car and we no fit hear word again and looking down on everyone. Such behavour in marriage is bound to come with heats.

6 Likes

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Originalsly: 2:00pm On Jan 02
There is no firm answer to thuis.... except it depends on the nature of the wife and that of the husband. If the wife believes she has more right because she is earning more .... wahala. If the husband believes he is less of a man because the wife is earning more ... wahala. If they are both happy that the household income has increased ... and they can improve their lives .... no wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by IamDora(f): 2:00pm On Jan 02
It depends on the maturity of the husband, if he's one of those Nairaland Broke Alpha males,

Then, probably smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:00pm On Jan 02
Yes it does.. 99.4% of the time.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Angelfrost(m): 2:02pm On Jan 02
It will always be a problem where the woman in question has character flaws and finds it difficult to handle success.

The red flags will always be there, even while dating... Sadly, a lot of guys ignore these telltale signs.

There is a saying I heard once, I believe it's an indigenous Nigerian adage: "Some people will fry stones if they have access to oil for the first time".

One of the truest tests of character especially humility is how one handles fortune and promotion.

In summary, a woman who already disrespects her husband when she has little or next to nothing can't be expected to be cool-headed and respectful when she suddenly becomes the higher earner in the home.

3 Likes

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by jaxxy(m): 2:03pm On Jan 02
No unless one or more of them is a jerk.

or the marriage is ruled by the Idiotic rule of who earns more subjugate who earns less or is dependent. They are not in real marriage but a business relationship. undecided

How can a marriage be controlled by who earn more money know fully well that creates an unhealthy competition to outdo urselves rather than compliment urselves.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 2:05pm On Jan 02
It depends on the woman herself.....

1 Like

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by scoobyblogspot(m): 2:06pm On Jan 02
Well it does alot of times ooo
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Enemyofpeace: 2:06pm On Jan 02
It depends on the kind of person she is. Women like Prettygirl200 will never have respect for a poor man, not even for Dangote

5 Likes

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by wonder233: 2:06pm On Jan 02
Yes it does.
No matter how good she is, she will at some point have an affair with a co-worker.
It is called Hypergamy.

2 Likes

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by MrPresident1: 2:06pm On Jan 02
They should be living a western lifestyle. The man should compensate by doing house chores

1 Like

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Egoveen: 2:07pm On Jan 02
[/color]
saasala:
The major reason the marriage of our parents lasted till eternity is because our fathers were the sole or major breadwinners of the family.

The reason marriages nowadays crash easily is because women now bring something tangible to the table. This is the major reasons marriages in Western countries don't last because women now have a say.[color=#000099][color=#000099][/color][b][/b]

I just laugh when I see Nairaland guys saying "Nigerian women don't bring anything to the table" Like can you handle them when they start bringing something to the table?

I will rather not want my wife to bring anything to the table or bring something very small to the table. I only need her to be a good wife, take care of the home, the kids and be submissive. That's all a woman needs to do.

Nature has not designed a woman to be a leader. The moment they earn more than you, then they become the leader which is abnormal, and since they are not wired to lead, they will crumble the ship and scatter the building.

As much as people get divorced in Nigeria, we are still among the least divorced countries in the world but the numbers are climbing up because a lot of men are asking "What is she bringing to the table?"

I understand that the economy isn't helping matters and the make up of the 21st century generally has made it possible for both men and women to work and anyone can earn more than the other, and this is a pandemic.

Women are designed to worship their men, respect them, take care of the home and the kids.

As a man, you are a king and your wife is the Queen. Queens don't work, they only look beautiful for the king to admire and they don't have any say in the house. And they dare not question the king for having concubines or taking more wives.

Men, work hard, work very hard so you can take care of your home and stop waiting for your wife to bring something to the table. You can't handle that table.

My wife is just here enjoying herself. She is respectful and takes care of the home and when she catches me cheating, she can only cry. I will pet her and beg her and go back to my cheating. And the day she cheats, she is going back to her father's house while I take another wife.
na man you be
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Darkjudge24: 2:08pm On Jan 02
saasala:
The major reason the marriage of our parents lasted till eternity is because our fathers were the sole or major breadwinners of the family.

The reason marriages nowadays crash easily is because women now bring something tangible to the table. This is the major reasons marriages in Western countries don't last because women now have a say.

I just laugh when I see Nairaland guys saying "Nigerian women don't bring anything to the table" Like can you handle them when they start bringing something to the table?

I will rather not want my wife to bring anything to the table or bring something very small to the table. I only need her to be a good wife, take care of the home, the kids and be submissive. That's all a woman needs to do.

Nature has not designed a woman to be a leader. The moment they earn more than you, then they become the leader which is abnormal, and since they are not wired to lead, they will crumble the ship and scatter the building.

As much as people get divorced in Nigeria, we are still among the least divorced countries in the world but the numbers are climbing up because a lot of men are asking "What is she bringing to the table?"

I understand that the economy isn't helping matters and the make up of the 21st century generally has made it possible for both men and women to work and anyone can earn more than the other, and this is a pandemic.

Women are designed to worship their men, respect them, take care of the home and the kids.

As a man, you are a king and your wife is the Queen. Queens don't work, they only look beautiful for the king to admire and they don't have any say in the house. And they dare not question the king for having concubines or taking more wives.

Men, work hard, work very hard so you can take care of your home and stop waiting for your wife to bring something to the table. You can't handle that table.

My wife is just here enjoying herself. She is respectful and takes care of the home and when she catches me cheating, she can only cry. I will pet her and beg her and go back to my cheating. And the day she cheats, she is going back to her father's house while I take another wife.
Masculine mentality, the world is moving and everything is changing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Dada4me: 2:08pm On Jan 02
A woman earning more than her husband is not a problem, her attitude while earning more than her husband is what could pose a problem...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by bonnyhope: 2:09pm On Jan 02
Notfogotten:
Does a wife earning more than the husband affect the marriage institution?

While a lot of people believe it does as according to them most women in this category tends to disrespect the man; others believe it doesn't as there are women who earn more than the husband and the information is known only between the man and the wife.

What is your opinion, do you have real life
experience or know a family where marriage is suffers because the woman later turned out to be earning more?

What would your advice be for men who later in life earns less than their wives?

What would be your advice for women who later earn more than the husbands

If the woman is humble then no issue
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by saasala(m): 2:10pm On Jan 02
Darkjudge24:
Masculine mentality, the world is moving and everything is changing

Na that world wey dey change dey make una wives become husband.

2 Likes

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by uuzba(m): 2:11pm On Jan 02
Dada4me:
A woman earning more than her husband is not a problem, her attitude while earning more than her husband is what could pose a problem...
Her attitude will be a result of his attitude.
She might be wondering why HE can't earn more, or maybe he's not trying hard enough to earn more.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by johnog4sure: 2:11pm On Jan 02
saasala:

The reason marriages nowadays crash easily is because women now bring something tangible to the table. This is the major reasons marriages in Western countries don't last because women now have a say.

complete answer, The different between me and u, is my wife is not a static queen, I let my wife work and brings in something, I have girls, I want my wife to be a model for them and my plan is working, though my wife is very bold and confrontational because sometimes she gross higher earning than me, but she is the best mother and wife...there is always trade offs

2 Likes

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by loswhite(m): 2:11pm On Jan 02
saasala:

Do you play chess? In a game of chess the queen work to protect the king so your analysis of queen don't work...lol I wonder where you got that from sha

1 Like

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by DrAda(f): 2:11pm On Jan 02
Yes
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Mayeldah(m): 2:11pm On Jan 02
Your wife can do any how, insult you and you will ignore and still love her provided you provides and earn more than she does

But the day she starts earning more than you or you are jobless, you won't take those her insults and behaving anyhow lightly again.

Your mind will interpret it that she is doing those things because she now earns more than you do

In whatever you do as a man, be steps ahead of your wife, e get why!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

25 Year Old Guy Impregnates His Mum In Abuja! / My Wife Is Dating 8 Men, Fights Me With Knife, Broken Bottles - Husband Reveals / Most Parents Of Today Are Raising An "Overdependent Generation"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.