Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? (15314 Views)

Once Husband And Wife Sleep In Different Beds, The Marriage Is Almost Over ..... / I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by atiku4President(m): 3:11pm On Jan 02
Yes don't let anybody deceive you
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:13pm On Jan 02
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Nothing wrong before o

But pride go let we Nigeria men

One of my baby girl earns more than me

I'm just a keyboard warrior sometimes six months i don't see pay slips

But that my baby girl ehnn
She is selling female shoes and bags and clothes
She will go to onitsha and buy them and return to Benin city and be selling
The money she gets from those selling and buying ehnnn go shock you
And yet she is very cool with me
Dem dey talk about wife you dey talk about girlfriend.

Lol.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Kevineleven(m): 3:18pm On Jan 02
To me it doesn't matter how much she earns, you guys really need to learn how to brainwash women with love.
If you master this skill, you will turn your wife into a zombie, she will even give you all her salary willingly, the problem is we too dey form hard man.
Why do you think they spend time watching zeeworld, my friend don't allow her get reasonable, use love to render her useless mentally and psychologically.
No be who get sense dey calculate salary.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by WINDSOW(m): 3:21pm On Jan 02
In Nigeria, it is a serious matter.
We inherit some OTs that you would begin to wonder how it began. If your woman warns beyond you, naturally there will some issues but if she's mature it will be minimal.

Now if you would want to have a grip of your household, just be responsible otherwise sorry.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by BlaqFaze: 3:22pm On Jan 02
theamazonguru:

Who says a woman is not supposed to provide.
So na the man sin abi.
Na only the man suppose dey work his ass out trying to make sure he makes provisions for everything needed In the house, until he drops dead and the woman moves on to the next provider (man).

What a wack African mentality.what a pity for my fellow men.
Slaving away under the weight of making sure they provide all the needs of the family.

Soap oh, na the man.
Maggi, oil, cream, tooth paste and all very basic needs, not to talk of house rent, school fees, Feeding, projects, cars etc.

No wonder, the life expectancy of Men in Africa is less than 50. You see the women feeding fat while the men the supposed bread winner get lean, as he is the single carrier of burdens.

Burden carriers I hail Una oh.

If you love yourself as a man, you better be wise
It is either your wife works and also contributes to the well being of the family or you set her up, ensure she has a business she can use to support you, otherwise sorry is your case.

Remember you are not Jesus who bore the sins of the whole world on him.
You are a husband, she is your wife. You guys are supposed to be helpers to each other.
a man will have to provide if he wants his wife to do the house chores, cooking and moral upbringing of his children

If he wants to share his responsibility, no problem but be ready to share her responsibility too and the home will have two heads
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by WINDSOW(m): 3:24pm On Jan 02
Kevineleven:
To me it doesn't matter how much she earns, you guys really need to learn how to brainwash women with love.
If you master this skill, you will turn your wife into a zombie, she will even give you all her salary willingly, the problem is we too dey form hard man.
Why do you think they spend time watching zeeworld, my friend don't allow her get reasonable, use love to render her useless mentally and psychologically.
No be who get sense dey calculate salary.

You are absolutely correct. 'Purnish her with love and care', she will handover her salary to you.

1 Like

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Faposky95: 3:30pm On Jan 02
saasala:
The major reason the marriage of our parents lasted till eternity is because our fathers were the sole or major breadwinners of the family.

The reason marriages nowadays crash easily is because women now bring something tangible to the table. This is the major reasons marriages in Western countries don't last because women now have a say.

I just laugh when I see Nairaland guys saying "Nigerian women don't bring anything to the table" Like can you handle them when they start bringing something to the table?

I will rather not want my wife to bring anything to the table or bring something very small to the table. I only need her to be a good wife, take care of the home, the kids and be submissive. That's all a woman needs to do.

Nature has not designed a woman to be a leader. The moment they earn more than you, then they become the leader which is abnormal, and since they are not wired to lead, they will crumble the ship and scatter the building.

As much as people get divorced in Nigeria, we are still among the least divorced countries in the world but the numbers are climbing up because a lot of men are asking "What is she bringing to the table?"

I understand that the economy isn't helping matters and the make up of the 21st century generally has made it possible for both men and women to work and anyone can earn more than the other, and this is a pandemic.

Women are designed to worship their men, respect them, take care of the home and the kids.

As a man, you are a king and your wife is the Queen. Queens don't work, they only look beautiful for the king to admire and they don't have any say in the house. And they dare not question the king for having concubines or taking more wives.

Men, work hard, work very hard so you can take care of your home and stop waiting for your wife to bring something to the table. You can't handle that table.

My wife is just here enjoying herself. She is respectful and takes care of the home and when she catches me cheating, she can only cry. I will pet her and beg her and go back to my cheating. And the day she cheats, she is going back to her father's house while I take another wife.

Thank goodness, the world does not buy your goods much.....
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by profmallor: 3:35pm On Jan 02
For most Blacks(male or female) it would soon become an issue.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by FKMagazine(m): 3:41pm On Jan 02
Yes & no
Depends on the man in question and/or the woman who earns more digits
Because, change is the most constant thing
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by zagorakis(m): 3:42pm On Jan 02
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Nothing wrong before o

Until you marry her.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Cromagnon: 4:07pm On Jan 02
saasala:
The major reason the marriage of our parents lasted till eternity is because our fathers were the sole or major breadwinners of the family.

The reason marriages nowadays crash easily is because women now bring something tangible to the table. This is the major reasons marriages in Western countries don't last because women now have a say.

I just laugh when I see Nairaland guys saying "Nigerian women don't bring anything to the table" Like can you handle them when they start bringing something to the table?

you laugh because you misunderstand the assignment

Nobody serious is asking for woman salary to the table
But since it's only money on your mind that is all that matters to you.
Make we see weda na salary go make man preek stand

I will rather not want my wife to bring anything to the table or bring something very small to the table. I only need her to be a good wife, take care of the home, the kids and be submissive. That's all a woman needs to do.

Nature has not designed a woman to be a leader. The moment they earn more than you, then they become the leader which is abnormal, and since they are not wired to lead, they will crumble the ship and scatter the building.

As much as people get divorced in Nigeria, we are still among the least divorced countries in the world but the numbers are climbing up because a lot of men are asking "What is she bringing to the table?"

I understand that the economy isn't helping matters and the make up of the 21st century generally has made it possible for both men and women to work and anyone can earn more than the other, and this is a pandemic.

Women are designed to worship their men, respect them, take care of the home and the kids.

As a man, you are a king and your wife is the Queen. Queens don't work, they only look beautiful for the king to admire and they don't have any say in the house. And they dare not question the king for having concubines or taking more wives.

Men, work hard, work very hard so you can take care of your home and stop waiting for your wife to bring something to the table. You can't handle that table.

My wife is just here enjoying herself. She is respectful and takes care of the home and when she catches me cheating, she can only cry. I will pet her and beg her and go back to my cheating. And the day she cheats, she is going back to her father's house while I take another wife.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Amudeneogu: 4:17pm On Jan 02
it depends on their understanding
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by chiyex23: 4:17pm On Jan 02
Only insecure Nigerian men worry about that
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by adesoro80595: 4:19pm On Jan 02
Stuupid questionStuupid question...
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Fearyourcreator: 4:31pm On Jan 02
Notfogotten:
Does a wife earning more than the husband affect the marriage institution?

While a lot of people believe it does as according to them most women in this category tends to disrespect the man; others believe it doesn't as there are women who earn more than the husband and the information is known only between the man and the wife.

What is your opinion, do you have real life
experience or know a family where marriage is suffers because the woman later turned out to be earning more?

What would your advice be for men who later in life earns less than their wives?

What would be your advice for women who later earn more than the husbands
Even my enemy I know pray make the wife earn more than him... That thing no good ooo
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Fearyourcreator: 4:33pm On Jan 02
Omagi:
It depends, study your wife to be, personality matters. Nobody can know her better than you, if you fail to do the needful, you will pay a heavy price for it. My wife has been earning more than me for like 4 years now since we've gotten married and we have a son. Nobody knows about it, she's humble, loving and understanding. We plan on each salary, invest with hers and use mine to run other expenses like food, school fees and any other thing you can think of. We moved into our house January 2022, each time I collect loan from cooperative, we use more than half of her salary to pay the loan.
I know she's humble before I married her, we discussed this before marriage. If you see any trait of pride in a girl, pls run, it will grow with time, block third parties totally and you are good to go. Besides if your wife is well trained, from a good home, you have no problem. You have to be reasonable as a man too and not feel unsecured as a man, some things are just meant to be like that. If you try to fight it, your marriage may crumble.
You have said well....

1 Like

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by theamazonguru(m): 4:35pm On Jan 02
BlaqFaze:
a man will have to provide if he wants his wife to do the house chores, cooking and moral upbringing of his children

If he wants to share his responsibility, no problem but be ready to share her responsibility too and the home will have two heads

I laugh.

No single cap fits all.

What I shared is my personal approach and it's working perfectly for me.
No issue of 2 heads at all. It has never been an issue.
I marry person wey her head correct.
She no dey drag anything with me.

I own my house by God's Grace.
My wife runs her business in the house.
I made sure she learnt 2 different crafts which she combines very well. Income is always flowing, if one is dry the other picks. That's the idea.
Even if i don't own the house, my wife cal always run her business from home.

I made it clear, this business must run itself
I help in ensuring it is so, using my business expertise.

Whenever I am around, I help in things I can help with. I am a handi guy.
I sweep, I cook, I wash for fun.
I don't need anyone to persuade me or Lord it on me. I do it outta my own volition because I am naturally homely.

My wife appreciates it when I do and never takes advantage of the fact that I help out in chores.

She assists whenever she has to.
I don't need to tell her what to do.

This Is bwo I think homes show be run.
We should help and assist each other before burden kills the other party.

My opinion.

Ire oh.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by ajayiebenezer19: 4:52pm On Jan 02
Ideally it is better for a mam to earn more than a woman but in some circumstances it is other way round. When this happens the man needs endurance because there is no way such a woman will not buga so the man needs to be patient.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Chydo63(m): 4:54pm On Jan 02
saasala:

you said it all.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Keji1012(m): 4:56pm On Jan 02
Notfogotten:

While a lot of people believe it does as according to them most women in this category tends to disrespect the man; others believe it doesn't as there are women who earn more than the husband and the information is known only between the man and the wife.

experience or know a family where marriage is suffers because the woman later turned out to be earning more?

What would your advice be for men who later in life earns less than their wives?

My wife works with an NGO and earns more than I do as an Uber/bolt driver and we are cool. I picked up the responsibilities as at when due and never looked up to what she earns and no issues cos I'm not dependent
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by BRATISLAVA: 5:07pm On Jan 02
purples25:
If a woman tries to control a man the same way a man controls a woman, it is termed disrespect.

But all the while when the woman is below and it's being done to her, it's seen as normal. Because women were created to take shit. 😁

Women no get dignity for where Africa dey, swears.
The comments are disturbing.

1 Like

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Mzwabantu(m): 5:07pm On Jan 02
Good question, when we were courting, she was unemployed. But when we got married, she was employed and earning more than I do. The situation continued for a long time (6 years before I started earning more than her). She took care of most things and continued taking care of most bills until she changed jobs and started earning less. I took over most of what she was shouldering. Live continues. She did bragged sometimes in that era, but when the tide turned she humbled herself.

So never let that get into your head. Just do the best that you can do and leave the rest to God. It is dragging who is the master that leads to conflict. The head is always the man, provide the leadership and make sure it is quality leadership, and our sisters, mothers and wives will play their supporting role.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by chnnmfl(m): 5:29pm On Jan 02
If you're a true masculine man, your woman no suppose beat you in wealth accumulation. Femininity can't beat true masculinity to be on top of the food chain unless she has the edge of coming from a wealthy family with bulk family inheritance to her name.

If you take away all I got now, in matter of fews your years I will still rise and topple my woman again. Hunting prowess belongs to masculinity not to femininity.

Na dey weakness of modern man cause these talks. Na weak men full everywhere now unlike the time of our ancestors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Ed12(m): 5:34pm On Jan 02
Yes
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Blazadenise(m): 5:38pm On Jan 02
100% affect ......no matter how both party won take mature reach it can never be like say naa the man earning more and financially controlling the home 100%
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Skoolextra: 5:53pm On Jan 02
The is already in trouble
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 6:05pm On Jan 02
Notfogotten:

Yes and No, depending on the type of wife you are married to.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 6:12pm On Jan 02
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Nothing wrong before o

Lol.. buh only one pay slip u collect will cover all she has sold for 8months grin

1 Like

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Dada4me: 6:49pm On Jan 02
uuzba:

Her attitude will be a result of his attitude.
She might be wondering why HE can't earn more, or maybe he's not trying hard enough to earn more.

Sometimes, fate or other considerations may warrant it, not necessarily because the man is not doing enough.

For instance, the woman who is set up for business by the husband might earn more than the husband who is a civil servant.

1 Like

Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by placeofallure(f): 8:25pm On Jan 02
Notfogotten:

It doesn't affect the marriage in any way. You both have a home to run. The Koko is let everything be run well, it matters little where the headquarters is, operation must not stop, that's the Koko.
Re: Does A Woman Earning More Than The Husband Affect The Marriage? by Today007: 8:53pm On Jan 02
It affects the marriage o. My husband only worked for 6mth into marriage. It's being 13yrs now. He relies on my income to fund the home. I'm losing interest in the marriage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Found A Man On Top Of My Wife: I Need Help / Most Nigerian Parents Now Ignore Their Children's Moral Behavior / ‘How Police Officer Snatched My Wife, Children’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.