Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? (4375 Views)

Pls I Need Directions On Hw To Get To Ikotun From Lekki. Thanks / Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG / Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by liftedone(f): 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2007
sad sad cryWho will save us from Lekki Concession Company or whatever they call themselves and Hitech Construction Company? Can you see the shambles they have made on Ozumba Mbadiwe and the trauma they are causing commuters on that route? The construction workers hang around most of the time without seemingly having anything to do, no form of supervision whatsoever and no direction. You can't see any progress they are making on the job even when they close the road overnight. They don't even do minor repairs on the road by filling the major potholes that have now dotted the road because of their work. They seem to be overwhelmed with the job and don't know how to carry on. Are they really qualified to do such a job? Honestly, everyone I have spoken to believes these people really don't know what they are doing. Who is going to save us from their hands and how long are we going to endure this nightmare? cry cry cry angry angry
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by zantlex: 11:02am On Sep 20, 2007
I think that question should actually be, "who will save you from the perenial traffic congestion along the highway from Falomo to Lekki and beyond?", I guess it is a common issue with Nigerians to flog the horse for all their ills as soon as they can identify one (whether or not the horse is the actual cause of the problem). I cannot fathom how anyone can claim not to be seeing the work going on along that road in broad daylight with the extensive fences built on both sides of the road, the proper drainage and the new roads at both sides. I am almost tempted to think you were paid to raise this concern but you do sound too educated to do that,

Truth is, the traffic was always there and if there is a little inconvenience necessary to make things better, we should all learn to be patient and encouraging. I recall that similar sentiments were raised when Julius Berger was repairing the apongbon side of the marina but now everyone goes through there like a breeze, completely forgetting the pain of those few months of construction.

I'm glad that the busiest road in lagos is finally receiving the long deserved attention and hopeful that the pains will soon go away. Its sure better than doing nothing, if you ask me, even though i agree that Hitech could do with a lot more speed.
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by liftedone(f): 11:56am On Sep 20, 2007
Hello,Zantlex, you sound more like the one who has been paid to respond to this post.  Are you one of the engineers on the job? If you talk of Julius Berger, at least you see the people working whenever they have a job going and you have a sense of a terminal date for the job they are doing. But these people, called Hitech? Common, don't tell me that you don't see them just hanging around doing nothing. And what has the construction of fences got to do with the road? If they are trying to make things better do we all have to pay such a high price? I know Lagos traffic can be crazy, but one cannot put a finger to what is going on with the construction workers. This company is probably incapable of this scale of work and one cannot help but wonder how they got the job in the first place since they fail to show any form of direction in the work they are doing. To spend 2 hours traveling between Lekki and Law School while some company are supposed to be doing something to make things better? That's not good enough.!!!!! shocked shocked angry

If you are a Hitech or Lekki Concession Company staff, let it be known to you that the job on that road is very shoddy, it is painstakingly slow, poorly supervised, workers hanging around doing nothing all day, long stretches of the road without any work going on at all. Is it being done on purpose? Please at least, fill the potholes. And complete some work on the road let us actually see what you are doing. And the drainage, why was the place flooded on Sunday when it rained if the drainage was indeed properly done? Prioritise your work. Lame excuses that you have given for the suffering of commuters does not make it acceptable. This is the bane of our society: accepting substandard work and becoming immune to the hardships that bedevil us by making excuses for them.

And thank you for admitting that you are a lame HORSE or whatever. You certainly deserve the flogging. grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by abocana: 12:26am On Sep 21, 2007
I agreed with Liftedone,i've been to nigeria twice within a year and i couldn't believe those guys were still on that road.

I believe the job should've been given to j.berger instead of a new company .i couldn't believe the job is
not even professional handle well. I always annoyed passing that road due to way hi-tech does it.

Some one need to kick them off that road,they shouldn't have given them such a sensitive place to practise.
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by zantlex: 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2007
well, all i want to add is that Hitech is very well known and is not using the place to practice, the very effective barbeach solution which had since been completed was also done by hitech, go by the barbeach now and you will see hitech yard just by the place and you can see how well they have done the job, sparing all the property along that road from water damage.

like i said, patience is what is necessary in a construction job to get standard infrastructure. the criticsms are good but they must be put in proper context,
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by bropzy: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2008
This is for the dude that started this post grin
I hope u eat ur words Man
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by PapaBrowne(m): 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2008
bropzy:

This is for the dude that started this post grin
I hope u eat your words Man

Don't mind the dude!
I do hope he eats his words now.
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by awello: 10:07am On Oct 12, 2009
well, it is a pity that most of us have not had the opportunity to see what is happening outside the walls of our home land or had the privilege of working in a real construction company,that when constructing a road or rehabilitating a road,the first thing to do is finding an alternative route , sorry to say,we Nigerians are still deceiving ourselves,a real construction, when being done will be noticed within a short period of time,constructing a new road or what so ever is suppose to improve not decorate the situation of the people.Lek concession and Heck construction should have that in mind,and it is of my own opinion that they should be given a chance,if and only if they have this at heart.
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by oriental01(f): 10:36am On Oct 12, 2009
@ zantlex, i belive you work with Lowtech undecided or whatever there name is,
Everyone passing by that road see these people laying about doing absolutely nothing.
if you are a staff of Lowtech, kindly have your people start doing something we can all see.
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by phuckNL: 6:51am On Oct 13, 2009
zantlex:

well, all i want to add is that Hitech is very well known and is not using the place to practice, the very effective barbeach solution which had since been completed was also done by hitech, go by the barbeach now and you will see hitech yard just by the place and you can see how well they have done the job, sparing all the property along that road from water damage.

like i said, patience is what is necessary in a construction job to get standard infrastructure. the criticsms are good but they must be put in proper context,

Simply put, HITECH is incompetent. Didn't Ahmadu Bello get flooded last month. After all the money wasted. shocked shocked
The only reason HITECH got this job is because HITECH has interests in LCC. It is not hidden knowledge that HITECH owns a certain percentage of LCC. Julius Berger would have done a much better job. The first toll gate was supposed to be finished by Septemeber of this year. Looks like that wont happen till the end of next yr.
Why it has taken HITECH 1.5yrs to build a simple toll gate beats my imagination. Even if they claim the actual road requires drainages and fences,, thus the road project is taking too long. Why spend such a long time on the TOLL GATE.
The reason the whole project is taking so long is because they are waiting to finish the TOLL gate before embarking on the road. They want to start collecting TOLLS before completing the road.
The current diversion they have going on at phase 1 has resulted into chaos. This is the worst construction company in nigeria. They are just too slow and inexperienced.
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2009
awello:

well, it is a pity that most of us have not had the opportunity to see what is happening outside the walls of our home land or had the privilege of working in a real construction company,that when constructing a road or rehabilitating a road,the first thing to do is finding an alternative route , sorry to say,we Nigerians are still deceiving ourselves,a real construction, when being done will be noticed within a short period of time,constructing a new  road or what so ever is suppose to improve not decorate the situation of the people.Lek concession and Heck construction should have that in mind,and it is of my own opinion that they should be given a chance,if and only if they have this at heart.

what do we expect from a Lebanese company full of labourers that suddenly became engineers overnight on arrival in Nigeria, ''chicken skin mentality'' . my housemate who is a quantity surveyor use to work for the company before he left lagos for his masters here, he confirmed that the company is rubbish and lacks professionals,
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by funkybaby(f): 12:46am On Nov 20, 2009
i heard that they have 'covered/eradicated' lekki phase 1 roundabout leading to terrible traffic for lekki phase 1 residents as they have to go in through the second gate. . . undecided

they seem to keep complicating issues on that road !
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by DisGuy: 4:57pm On Mar 13, 2010
Bump

how far, with this company any their traffic?
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by babybird82(f): 7:30am On Aug 11, 2010
So what's the 411 on the road now. Any more criticisms.
Passed the road a long time ago but was kind of impressed.
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by DisGuy: 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2010
Re: Who Will Save Us From Lekki Concession And Hitech Construction Company? by aroyweb: 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2011
You can contact aroy construction company with the latest tools and equipment, trusted by clients

Aroy Engineering Co Ltd
http://www.aroyconstruction.com
Email:- info@aroyconstruction.com

(1) (Reply)

Thinking Of Moving To Ireland - Leilah Pls Read! / How Can I Get A Birth Certificate Please / Flight & Hotel Reservation For Visa - Useful Resources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.