Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,632 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos (33598 Views)

International Christian Worship Center Uyo Opens Today (photos) / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center / Marquee Tent For Your Worship Centers(your Worship Center Problem Solved). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by hopefulLandlord: 11:28pm On Jan 03
franco3075q:
Mind your language
or what?
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by hopefulLandlord: 11:31pm On Jan 03
Felix6:

In fairness to that god, there is no single evidence of him promising to protect anyone. Those tales are only found in a book written by men. Just like the physics, chemistry, biology, strength of materials, metallurgy, fluid materials, accounting principles and so many other books. I think we should be fair to him.
Stop lying for your god

1. Psalm 1:6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

2. Psalm 121:5-8 The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm– he will watch over your life ; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

3. Psalm 91:10-11 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

4. Isaiah 54:17“No weapon that is formed against you will prosper ; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me,” declares the LORD.

5. Proverbs 1:33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.”

6. Psalm 34:7 For the angel of the LORD is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him.

7. Psalm 112:6-7 Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

8. Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

9. Psalm 56:4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

10. Proverbs 29:25 Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe

11. Deuteronomy 31:8 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

12. Genesis 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go , and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

13. Proverbs 3:24-26 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.

14. Psalm 27:1 Of David . The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear ? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid?

15. Psalm 91:1-4 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust .” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

16. Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

17. Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong fortress ; the godly run to him and are safe.

18. Psalm 144:2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge , who subdues peoples under me.

19. Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent .

there are still many more similar verses in the Christian Bible
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by hopefulLandlord: 11:35pm On Jan 03
Neddstark:

A fool says in his heart, there is no God.
A wise person however says it out loud!
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by Tommydare(m): 11:35pm On Jan 03
What does building a church has to do with tax payers money/state?
Offpoint1:
I find it appalling building any religious house with state/tax payer money, be it mosque or church.

Religious house don't generate money to government pocket
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by Tommydare(m): 11:36pm On Jan 03
Say that to your government
weblord1900:
Waste of money that is suppose to be used to cure the sicks and feed the orphans.
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by hopefulLandlord: 11:37pm On Jan 03
dalass:

Jesus answered this before you even thought to ask

John 16
1These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

2They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

3And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

4But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

So that shoddy work done by the Reigners Bible church in Uyo that collapsed and killed 160 worshippers was foretold by those verses too?
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by ufotunang: 11:53pm On Jan 03
Offpoint1:
I find it appalling building any religious house with state/tax payer money, be it mosque or church.

Religious house don't generate money to government pocket
..and to maintain that church, facility billions of naira of Akwa ibom money will be spent to maintain the facility, church
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by Newness2019: 12:04am On Jan 04
Oblitz:
more

GLORY BE TO THE MOST HIGH GOD.

AMAZING GOD ...........................
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by candygist: 12:11am On Jan 04
Do you see that worship centre? It is beautiful and that is where it ends! There is talk about it bringing tourists to the state. Perish the thought! Who will pay thousands of dollars to come mope at cement and glass works? Where is the marble, where is the gold? Where are the sculptures, the great paintings?
The Duomo in the Renaissance city of Firenze or Florence in Italy started as a worship centre, today there isn't a bench for a single worshipper, but millions throng there to study and enjoy the iconic architecture, the classic sculptures, the magnificent painting, etc, at a fee. The same can be said about the worship centres in the Red Square in Moscow, the Church of Sweden in Stockholm, the one in Milano, or the one in Venice and several other places.
These worship centres including the ones in Jerusalem, Jordan, and Egypt are visited by millions of tourists bringing huge revenues to their countries because they have SOMETHING beyond a mere fine building.

The beautiful edifice just inaugurated in Uyo should have within it a Museum of Religion, History, and Culture fir it to have value. Curators should populate the centre with relevant artefacts that significantly reflect the religious, historical, and cultural aspects of Akwa Ibom State where scholars, students, citizens, and tourists can view, apprehend, and enjoy fir a fee. This doesn't stop the centre from being a worship centre.
But I foresee a deluge of attacks from religious people so eager to label others as pagans, but who are indeed far from righteousness. In any case, the objective of the mordern government is not religion. The objective of contemporary governance is economic, political, and social.
Religion will not place AKS or Nigeria among the comity of nations.
It is science, tech, and innovation! It is ea
reason we have remained backward since we decided to prioritise religion over science.
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by IgOga(m): 12:15am On Jan 04
OKUCHI11:
So this monumental edifice was built to glorify a god that cannot save his followers when they were being killed on Christmas Eve... After all the empty promises he made to them that he will protect them if they forsake their ancestral ways of worship and follow the one he instructed....

Truth be told that God really like horror movies

You are mocking God and you are not afraid. You are walking on a very thin ice.

One of the robbers next to Jesus on the cross said a similar thing like you. IF YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD SAVE YOURSELF and he ended up in hell while the other robber begged for mercy and made paradise that same day.

You are mocking God and you are not afraid. I pray you repent before it is too late for your soul
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by candygist: 12:16am On Jan 04
Clown

Do you see that worship centre? It is beautiful and that is where it ends! There is talk about it bringing tourists to the state. Perish the thought! Who will pay thousands of dollars to come mope at cement and glass works? Where is the marble, where is the gold? Where are the sculptures, the great paintings?
The Duomo in the Renaissance city of Firenze or Florence in Italy started as a worship centre, today there isn't a bench for a single worshipper, but millions throng there to study and enjoy the iconic architecture, the classic sculptures, the magnificent painting, etc, at a fee. The same can be said about the worship centres in the Red Square in Moscow, the Church of Sweden in Stockholm, the one in Milano, or the one in Venice and several other places.
These worship centres including the ones in Jerusalem, Jordan, and Egypt are visited by millions of tourists bringing huge revenues to their countries because they have SOMETHING beyond a mere fine building.
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by candygist: 12:18am On Jan 04
MavisEleanor:
Fun Fact

The worship centre is a potential tourist attraction that will generate revenue for the state and further improve the state's visibility internationally.

Think of the project like the Basilica di Sant'Apollinare Nuovo, the Hagia Sophia or Masjid al-Haram.

Clown

Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by lugiano1: 12:59am On Jan 04
OKUCHI11:
So this monumental edifice was built to glorify a god that cannot save his followers when they were being killed on Christmas Eve... After all the empty promises he made to them that he will protect them if they forsake their ancestral ways of worship and follow the one he instructed....
You are a fool

Truth be told that God really like horror movies
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by Felix6: 3:51am On Jan 04
hopefulLandlord:

Stop lying for your god

1. Psalm 1:6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

2. Psalm 121:5-8 The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm– he will watch over your life ; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

3. Psalm 91:10-11 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

4. Isaiah 54:17“No weapon that is formed against you will prosper ; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me,” declares the LORD.

5. Proverbs 1:33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.”

6. Psalm 34:7 For the angel of the LORD is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him.

7. Psalm 112:6-7 Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

8. Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

9. Psalm 56:4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

10. Proverbs 29:25 Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe

11. Deuteronomy 31:8 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

12. Genesis 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go , and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

13. Proverbs 3:24-26 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.

14. Psalm 27:1 Of David . The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear ? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid?

15. Psalm 91:1-4 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust .” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

16. Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

17. Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong fortress ; the godly run to him and are safe.

18. Psalm 144:2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge , who subdues peoples under me.

19. Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent .

there are still many more similar verses in the Christian Bible
You lack comprehension ability.
Were you there when God said and wrote those chapters and verses?
If ohms law was stated somewhere in the book called bible, we might as well believed it was God speaking.
Those things are man made beliefs.
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by dalass(f): 5:42am On Jan 04
hopefulLandlord:

So that shoddy work done by the Reigners Bible church in Uyo that collapsed and killed 160 worshippers was foretold by those verses too?

Luke 13: 4-5

4Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

5I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by Hotice085: 5:47am On Jan 04
MavisEleanor:
Fun Fact

The worship centre is a potential tourist attraction that will generate revenue for the state and further improve the state's visibility internationally.

Think of the project like the Basilica di Sant'Apollinare Nuovo, the Hagia Sophia or Masjid al-Haram.

Mumu talk
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by Ever8090: 6:38am On Jan 04
hopefulLandlord:

Why don't you counter his rather than employ as hominems? He never insulted you
you that ran into the matter, have you forgotten that I have taken you on the said stupid matter and all you could ever do is write grammar upon grammar without a single sense in it?.

How exactly can I start countering a senseless reasoning, how can I start educating someone who believes that and unintelligent process created an intelligent process .

How can I argue with someone who believes that, something without hearing ability created him with the ability to hear?

How can I argue with someone who fails to know that he himself is the evidence he seeks ?

The conclusion of the whole matter is that you are foolish just as the Bible said more than 2000 years ago except you give me the name of that intelligent being who created you with the intelligent ability to bear a name...

Iif you don't have the name of such an intelligent being then if you like write all the grammar you know in this world, i will not read answer you anymore because atheism has gone past the stage you have dwell on all your life without progress......you should be knowing yourself by now and not asking petty questions that even a 3 year old atheist has grown past...
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by Ever8090: 6:42am On Jan 04
OKUCHI11:
it's just the other way round dear... I'm just surprised that you people still serve a shy Sky-daddy who cannot protect his children from ordinary herdsmen...and yet he claims to be all powerful
oga,.. stop fooling yourself, people who weremore foolish than you later realised their foolishnes and turned back from the path you are on now.

There is nothing like atheism but just some set of confused creatures thinking they are wise in deep foolishness.

You sound even pathetic like someone who is been driven by depression and frustration into something they are not sure of..
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by hopefulLandlord: 7:59am On Jan 04
Ever8090:
you that ran into the matter, have you forgotten that I have taken you on the said stupid matter and all you could ever do is write grammar upon grammar without a single sense in it?.

How exactly can I start countering a senseless reasoning, how can I start educating someone who believes that and unintelligent process created an intelligent process .

How can I argue with someone who believes that, something without hearing ability created him with the ability to hear?

How can I argue with someone who fails to know that he himself is the evidence he seeks ?

The conclusion of the whole matter is that you are foolish just as the Bible said more than 2000 years ago except you give me the name of that intelligent being who created you with the intelligent ability to bear a name...

Iif you don't have the name of such an intelligent being then if you like write all the grammar you know in this world, i will not read answer you anymore because atheism has gone past the stage you have dwell on all your life without progress......you should be knowing yourself by now and not asking petty questions that even a 3 year old atheist has grown past...

You're not addressing his point anywhere in this thesis of yours. I guess addressing his point is impossible for you cuz you have no ammunition to use on it

1 Like

Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by hopefulLandlord: 8:01am On Jan 04
Felix6:

You lack comprehension ability.
Were you there when God said and wrote those chapters and verses?
If ohms law was stated somewhere in the book called bible, we might as well believed it was God speaking.
Those things are man made beliefs.

Bro, I knew you were being sarcastic so I played along. It's a pity you dropped the act. This had the potential to be fruitful exchange. I expected you to reply like a typical Christian fanatic
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by Ever8090: 9:47am On Jan 04
hopefulLandlord:

You're not addressing his point anywhere in this thesis of yours. I guess addressing his point is impossible for you cuz you have no ammunition to use on it
I had no interest to address his points because they are irrelevant that is why I turned to you and you just avoided my points because you know they are way over your comprehension ...all the same I thank God that he pulled me from the pit that you are in presently and have positioned my feet on his word , I will never fall back into the pit of unbeliev again..I was there at a point and I know what it means to be there,.I pray that if it pleases the lord, the he will pull you out just as he did to me.

As for now, anything you say from that pit is senseless and irrelevant,...so seek God and you will find him, he is closer to you than you think...

Seek him first, in truth and in spirit and if you don't find him, that is when you can come out and condemn his ways....

Right now, you will never understand his ways, you will continue asking irrelevant and meaningless questions, the worst is that you are not even keeping up with the atheism you claim because if you do, by now you should be on your way back to the lord from that path that leads to no where...
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by Offpoint1: 11:15am On Jan 04
ufotunang:
..and to maintain that church, facility billions of naira of Akwa ibom money will be spent to maintain the facility, church
Was it built with the governor money or government money?
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by budget4(m): 12:48pm On Jan 04
How many you don help
Pootle:
ppl are hungry urna dey build house...share that money to the poor
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by Nefort: 1:18pm On Jan 04
iCauseTrouble:
What's the economic impact of this?
Tourism.
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by weblord1900: 4:13pm On Jan 04
Tommydare:
Say that to your government
Na the same government build am..
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by pacespot(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04
The only thing Nigeria needs urgently right now is a complete decentralization of our security forces to create state and local govt police forces. Including the military to give priority to each ethnic group in protecting lives and properties in every zones and regions. So only soldiers of Yoruba extraction should be sent to South West, same with South East, Middle Belt and others.
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by sageb: 4:56pm On Jan 04
mrrandomguy:
Architecturally, this is a breath of fresh air from the usual boring cuboid or rectangular shaped buildings our lazy architects are good at designing.

But using taxpayer's money to build a "Christian centre", when their are many church buildings already is a total waste of money and a sign of sick leadership.

God no longer reside in buildings. Our body is now the temple of God that we must keep holy always. Flee from sin!

Well said

1 Like

Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by Tommydare(m): 6:22pm On Jan 04
How?
weblord1900:
Na the same government build am..
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by Oblitz(m): 6:43pm On Jan 04
pacespot:
The only thing Nigeria needs urgently right now is a complete decentralization of our security forces to create state and local govt police forces. Including the military to give priority to each ethnic group in protecting lives and properties in every zones and regions. So only soldiers of Yoruba extraction should be sent to South West, same with South East, Middle Belt and others.

That would make it easier for regions to break away from Nigeria
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by Iamzik: 6:40pm On Jan 05
OKUCHI11:
at least I don't serve a promise and fail... Sky-daddy

Lol you are too concerned with religion for someone who claim God does not exist. Biko rest
Re: International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos by pacespot(m): 7:04pm On Jan 05
Oblitz:

That would make it easier for regions to break away from Nigeria

That will make it easier for regions to cooperate with each other on the basis of mutual respect and understanding rather than this forced union. And that will equally force the leader in each region to be accountable to their people, because that is the only way they can keep being part of the union.

We have over 350 different ethnic groups in Nigeria remember, just imagine how much healthy competition that will be reinforced by that diversity if the ethnic groups understand the opportunity of pursuing their own independent development irrespective of others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How My Cook Tried To Poison Me – Fr Mbaka / Osinbajo Helicopter Crash And Survival: Could It Be A Warning From God? / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.