Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu (36337 Views)

'No Plan To Ban Sports Betting': Bill Is To Protect Players' Rights - Nwogu / Reps Move To Ban Sports Betting / Reno Omokri Urges Peter Obi's Supporters To Defy IPOB's Sit-At-Home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by Hezzyluv: 9:59pm On Jan 03
I wish I have voodoo to stop anyone from responding or replaying this clown called Reno. Each time he speaks or tweet, you will see typical notice attitude in it . undecided
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by tuzle(m): 9:59pm On Jan 03
azadus18:
Mr bayo won't like this news😅
juju punter self won't like it. The guy cashout millions from there regularly.

2 Likes

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by cliqtips: 10:00pm On Jan 03
azadus18:
Mr bayo won't like this news😅

He Don make ahm already...
And he said he would stop this year sef.
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by Achoghim: 10:00pm On Jan 03
The truth is that gambling isn’t a healthy activity but who am I to tell an adult what to do with his or herself?

8 Likes

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by Roseodd: 10:00pm On Jan 03
LeopardX:

Good for you. I pray nobody teaches you how it works.

No tell am,nah their money send me go America oo but no tell am
He will learn and he will learn in the hard way 😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by taiwotimitt: 10:00pm On Jan 03
I dey look for 2 odds like this
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by Judolisco(m): 10:01pm On Jan 03
If no be sportybet how I go see my house rent pay last year? I lost my job, d uber and bolt wey I dey manage do government increased fuel..make reno comut mouth from dis package oh...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by cliqtips: 10:01pm On Jan 03
Max24:
Very nice suggestion. Sport betting is not a productive venture. We need our youth to be productively engaged in productive and creative ventures not in get-rich-quick ventures. You won't see Chinese daily sitting idly looking for lottery windfall that will never be in their lifetime.

Do you know how much FG is making from them ?
Maybe you should find out
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by Belleful: 10:01pm On Jan 03
Reno u well? Wetin consign betting with national security? U wan d Fg to ban the only free employment we have in this country??
U be truly he-goat....

1 Like

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by slimmax: 10:02pm On Jan 03
Betting wey we de take give soup money 💰 everday na him one slo poke de yarn dust. If na we see you for street for Niger Delta we go plank you 2x4

1 Like

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by Juanmike(m): 10:03pm On Jan 03
edicied:
i have tried that app and i couldn't understand how it works. maybe cause i don't know anything about football
Good for you, pls don't try

2 Likes

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by tuzle(m): 10:03pm On Jan 03
Komu1048:

Na Ekiti-pikin e go pain pass, that dude will hardly give free games but u must subscribe 50k to his telegram group. D guy no get joy
this is false, ekitipikin gives free games almost everyday day, but u play it at ur own risks.
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by VaginaAcademic: 10:03pm On Jan 03
Na mumu dey lose for betting na Ogun go kill Reno for junction imagine how much I made just today. E be like say Reno done lose tire.

5 Likes

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by Nwaele7(m): 10:04pm On Jan 03
I concur with Reno
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by dhoncesar(m): 10:04pm On Jan 03
adenigga:

Social media influencer, Reno Omokri, has urged President Bola Tinubu to ban sports betting apps in the country.

According to Omokri, a ban on sports betting apps could even help improve the value of the Naira.

Omokri, who quoted the National Lottery Trust Fund. lamented that “$1 billion is spent on gambling daily in Nigeria.”

The media influencer expressed his views in a series of tweets shared via his X profile on Wednesday.

His tweet read, “President Tinubu can immediately improve the economic conditions of most Nigerians and make the Naira grow by issuing an Executive Order authorising the Nigerian Communications Commission to ban sports betting apps from the App Store of any GSM Internet Service Provider in Nigeria and revoking the licenses of any physical sports betting operators in Nigeria. It makes better sense than Buhari’s draconian #TwitterBan.”

The former Special Assistant to erstwhile President Goodluck Jonathan stated that an average Nigerian spends “$15 daily on sports betting and other types of gambling.”

Omokri noted that despite the high rate of gambling in the country, the “vast majority of that amount” is leaving the shores of the country into foreign nations, compared to the nation’s externally generated revenue.

“This is scary. How much is our GDP that we are pissing it away like that? More money is leaving Nigeria through gambling than is coming in,” he wrote.

Omokri cautioned., “The Naira can never sustain its rally under such circumstances.”

The tweet stated further, “There is such an epidemic of gambling in Nigeria and it is destroying Nigerian youths. $1 billion is spent on gambling daily in Nigeria, according to the National Lottery Trust Fund. Please fact-check me.

“The average Nigerian spends $15 daily on sports betting and other types of gambling, with the vast majority of that amount leaving our economy and going to places like Russia, South Africa, and Europe. The Naira can never sustain its rally under such circumstances.”

Findings by PUNCH Online reveal that several sports betting firms operate in Nigeria. Some of the betting firms include Bet9ja, Nairabet, Merry Bet and SportyBet, amongst others.

Omokri, in his post, further urged Tinubu to “act on such a matter as threatening to our national security as this gambling epidemic.”

He also condemned the illegal means through which some Nigerian youths sought money “to fund their gambling habit.”

PUNCH Online reports that the Minister of Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs, Zephaniah Jisalo, said the Federal Government would find a lasting solution to the friction caused by revenue generation in the gaming sector.

Jisalo noted that the FG “will do all within its statutory powers to ensure the gaming industry remains on the steady path of sustainable growth and development,” while speaking at the 2023 International Gaming Conference held at the Eko Hotels and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos State, on Tuesday, October 31, 2023.

The Fund’s Executive Secretary/Chief Executive Officer, Bello Maigari, appearing before the House of Representatives Committee on Finance on Monday, November 20, 2023, stated that the Fund, in 2023, generated N2.5 billion, noting however that the entire sum had been spent in the execution of various projects across the country.

The money, he said, was generated from statutory remittances from licenses and permit holders.

Source: https://punchng.com/Ban-sports-betting-apps-Reno-Omokri-urges-Tinubu

If he does this. He shld ban all loan apps too. People are dieing everyday

1 Like

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:05pm On Jan 03
Love56743:
Reno is vry stupid for saying that tinubu should ban bet, i know how i much from bet weekly

The real question is how much do you lose weekly?

Provide receipts to the contrary
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by senatordossy: 10:06pm On Jan 03
This guy is high on cheap weed. He won't advocate for our refineries to work and how the president can create jobs

1 Like

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:06pm On Jan 03
VaginaAcademic:
Na mumu dey lose for betting na Ogun go kill Reno for junction imagine how much I made just today. E be like say Reno done lose tire.

Can we see your losses too?

1 Like

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by Komu1048(m): 10:08pm On Jan 03
tuzle:
this is false, ekitipikin gives free games almost everyday day, but u play it at ur own risks.

Oga where is he giving the games, show me yesterday n today’s own.
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by djkirkoo2(m): 10:09pm On Jan 03
edicied:
i have tried that app and i couldn't understand how it works. maybe cause i don't know anything about football
don't even practice it and I pray you don't learn it. Because the day you enter, that would be the beginning of your problem. Just leave all these people attacking Reno, betting is finishing them day-by-day. They are dying slowly.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by BBIA: 10:12pm On Jan 03
edicied:
That’s a good thing grin

2 Likes

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by Fcwilly: 10:12pm On Jan 03
Let ban politics in Nigeria and let see what becomes of the politicians
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by Usmanovic95(m): 10:13pm On Jan 03
This statement from him obviously shows that he needs to take a break from social media. He has not been making sense of late. He made alot of anti Peter obi post ,that one no give am attention,then he switch to pro Tinubu posts ,that one sef no look him side,so I guess he made this statement out of been frustrated.He will be better off getting more engagement offline than making all this kind of statement online.
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by YourKarma: 10:13pm On Jan 03
Max24:
Very nice suggestion. Sport betting is not a productive venture. We need our youth to be productively engaged in productive and creative ventures not in get-rich-quick ventures. You won't see Chinese daily sitting idly looking for lottery windfall that will never be in their lifetime.

You think it's only jobless youths who bet? Men bet with 2M and above and you're here talking crap.

Also, how do you expect the youths to be productive when the country is falling apart?

4 Likes

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by CoronaVirusPro: 10:15pm On Jan 03
I do not support a ban!

Life's need to be ruined for a very few to be extraordinary successful.

People will still start thinking positively and labour will become expensive.
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by VaginaAcademic: 10:15pm On Jan 03
[quote author=iLoveYouToo post=127766360]

Can we see your losses too? if sports betting was not benefitting me i would be the first to protest against it
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by sirblend: 10:16pm On Jan 03
Federal Government can never ban sport betting companies...
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by RealEmilokan: 10:16pm On Jan 03
festacman:

What entrepreneurial initiatives or SMEs incentives have both FG and state governments put in place to encourage productivity among Nigerian young population? For example how many trade missions, export drive initiatives, etc has FG put in place to sell our local products to international market e.g our "senator dress" could be made an international outfit for black people all over the world by intentional actions. Has FG released any incentive and knowledge-transfer packages to encourage people with idle money to invest in factories to create employment?

The idi.ot and his mentor Reno are all sens.eless. Reno wrote trash and as usual his minions will cheer him on.
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by VaginaAcademic: 10:17pm On Jan 03
iLoveYouToo:

Can we see your losses too?
Bro you can't make in your lifetime what I've made from sports betting let's keep it at that.
Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by darthv: 10:17pm On Jan 03
Max24:
stupid talk, is there no sport betting every where in the world?

You guys just like shifting goal post.

3 Likes

Re: Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu by Chno: 10:18pm On Jan 03
Wow congrats bro please can you give some money to buy drugs I'm sick
VaginaAcademic:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Video Of Canadian Police Giving A Lady Ice Cream / Atiku Discovered Peter Obi Before Keyboard Warriors Knew About Him, Says Melaye / Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.