Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities (15348 Views)

Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary / Dowen College Parents’ Forum Reacts To Online Campaign To Withdraw Children From / Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by System202: 7:53am On Jan 04
Zupay:
Make dem no try am reach Kenya, as long the Kenya's university commission approve the University and the University is not running mushroom campuses in Nigeria, I see no reason to focus on Kenya.

Make dem look at Sudanese universities whey plenty (especially Northerners) whey not fit pass JAMB for Nigeria are being sponsored by their state governments to go study there.

Northerners are living rent free in ur head. If sudan should be ban then Fg should include , turkey ukraine, Russia , Cyprus, and so on
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:57am On Jan 04
SoNature:
I like the way this government is taking this issue seriously.

If it was Buhari's tenure, nobody would even notice this scandal. Buhari was always shocked, surprised or didn't even know what was happening around him.

Dude was clueless and incompetent and still appointed people like him to run the government. I don't think anyone can be as bad as he was.
Lol! Buhari is the worst calamity to befall Nigeria.Under eight years of his administration,back and forth mode was activated on the refineries revival.No tangible achievement concerning them.Fulani herdsmen and their murderous rampages reached crescendo.
Even National database was suggested for cattle.
What developed countries haven't done and never think of doing.
What president can be more useless?
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by ufotunang: 7:57am On Jan 04
Is it all the universities in those countries that you mentioned that are fake ? ..or 2 or 3 of the universities ?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:58am On Jan 04
Agugbadin:
Sudan Universities are worst than Universities in Benin Republic ,FG should extend the ban to Sudan Universities.
Lol! Sudan that is a complete animal kingdom,where child marriage is legalized.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by tojahh(m): 7:58am On Jan 04
Why has the gofmet not closed Lagos State University (Lasu)

They were accused 3 months ago of same certificate racketeering, but we only heard of the usual INVESTIGATION IS GOING ON grin

Make una dey play
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:02am On Jan 04
Some brainless idiots would be online badmouthing their country, forgetting that Nigeria is a thousand times better than many countries both in Africa and outside.
More Kudos to the President for this.My prayers for him as he works.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by joefelin2345: 8:04am On Jan 04
SoNature:

If it was Buhari's tenure, nobody would even notice this scandal. Buhari was always shocked, surprised or didn't even know what was happening around him.

Dude was clueless and incompetent and still appointed people like him to run the government. I don't think anyone can be as bad as he was.
Oga tell the Minister to resolve the issue of HND holders having to spend another 2 whole years in our Universities for Top-Up Bachelor Degree when candidates with O/L spend only 3 years for such in our neighbouring countries. That's the genesis & bane for all these educational frauds going on in the country. Agric, Pharmacy etc graduates graduates even spend 5 years for the same degrees that their counterparts in neighbouring countries spend less years for. Nigerian Educational System is getting archeac & killing joor.
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by equity1(m): 8:04am On Jan 04
jkpbestseries:
check those politician most of them dont have a certificate at all, while the ones that claimed to have is short term certificate like say na direct short service
So what is your point.Evil should continue because some politicians have fake certificate?

1 Like

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:05am On Jan 04
Kenya and Uganda are just animal kingdoms with people behaving weirdly like animals.The ban should also be extended to Sudan too.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by joefelin2345: 8:08am On Jan 04
tojahh:
Why has the gofmet not closed Lagos State University (Lasu)

They were accused 3 months ago of same certificate racketeering, but we only heard of the usual INVESTIGATION IS GOING ON grin

Make una dey play
Go & close it na u bc of action or inaction of some few. The Prof that was involved has been dismissed for your information & if that is not enough for you, go to court to seek redress!!!
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by Luu40: 8:10am On Jan 04
I agree with the FG on all the countries except Kenya.
I'm not even sure whether Nigerian universities are even at par with those of Kenya.

Kenya is doing relatively very well compared to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by zombieHUNTER: 8:15am On Jan 04
SoNature:

Yoruba Muslims supported him for eight years..

what's your take on that..

Are they normal?.. is it jazz

Monikers like seunsmg yarimo freestuffng etc
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by nwakibe: 8:16am On Jan 04
They should include Chicago State University o...
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by tojahh(m): 8:19am On Jan 04
joefelin2345:
Go & close it na u bc of action or inaction of some few. The Prof that was involved has been dismissed for your information & if that is not enough for you, go to court to seek redress!!!

Why are you sweating?

Did I poke a nerve? grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by HighTable(m): 8:27am On Jan 04
Why include Kenya!
Africa's biggest tech hub and known for their hospitality backed by China's super economy.
Now Visa free from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by MetaFiles230709: 8:28am On Jan 04
Di you See that dot on the dog's forehead, if you know what it signifies?

Remember, boko haram hates education.
I Won't say much but that religion is cursed

And one religion of piss career criminal with forged certificate is still dispensing urine and budgeting tax payers money to buy More pampers.

Ask them why they are carrying out these actions, the real reasons not this, because I am sure Kenya is better than Nigeria 100000 times in education.
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by TheFacelessMan: 8:31am On Jan 04
Diligence:
This fg is stupid-o....What makes fg think that those countries can't treat you likewise. Do you know how many Nigerians are working outside Nigeria with Nigerian universities certs?

You 🫵 are the stupid one here. That's the bitter reality.

So because of fear of retaliation, FG should allow people with 4 weeks certificate compete with those who studied for 4 years ?

Have you compared the world rankings of Nigerian universities to all that of these countries ?

Whats the population of Nigerians going to study there and the citizens of those countries coming here? Who would lose more ?

Why don't some of you think before writing?

I can bet you graduated from one of these useless universities. Yes, Nigerian universities can be bad but I doubt a 3rd Class product can reason like this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by Elibaba1: 8:37am On Jan 04
Emu4life:

You are probably a product of 'Makere' hence, it should be banned. How can you not comprehend such simple and short article in the Op

Makere ko Emmanuel Macron ni. ADEyeye

I am a product of the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria-Nigeria. However, that does not stop me from speaking the truth (That Makerere is better than all the Universities in this country). It is you who lack comprehension because the article said universities from Uganda and not ‘some private universities from Uganda’ like Cavendish Uni where GEJ is their pro chancellor. Until the article states otherwise, it will be assumed by all that for now all undergraduate programs from Uni’s in the affected countries will be halted accreditation and evaluation.

JOKES ON YOU!

1 Like

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by Ronaldo723: 8:43am On Jan 04
Someone should help me clarify this I’m confused

Does it mean if someone study in Togo he/she cannot use the certificate to work in Nigeria?
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by diggindeep: 8:44am On Jan 04
And Chicago too
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by mastermaestro(m): 9:12am On Jan 04
They should be careful not to use the media as a discrediting tool against other countries' educational integrity. If there are suspect institutions, name them instead of calling out countries in bad light.

I wonder why they are mentioning Kenya loosely. Just pick on the particular dishonest institution you have confirmed. No, as usual, one investigation is being used to pass a wild, frantic media judgment on all neighbors. This is very bad.

1 Like

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by porthouse7(f): 9:23am On Jan 04
Sabadon:
Benin Republic nko🌚🌚🌚
try dey read bro
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by Juju70(m): 9:33am On Jan 04
Which universities in kenya and Uganda pls? Coming from people who know nothing about education and parading with fake certificates! Kenya and Uganda have some of the best universities in the world

1 Like

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by Sleekfingers: 9:35am On Jan 04
Ronaldo723:
Someone should help me clarify this I’m confused

Does it mean if someone study in Togo he/she cannot use the certificate to work in Nigeria?

Currently, that person can't. Until they finished their investigation......
Even those that are already working...will be questioned or sacked.......
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by Sleekfingers: 9:39am On Jan 04
Juju70:
Which universities in kenya and Uganda pls? Coming from people who know nothing about education and parading with fake certificates! Kenya and Uganda have some of the best universities in the world

Not all universities in those countries mentioned....... government university certificates issued are acceptable.
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by Ronaldo723: 9:45am On Jan 04
Sleekfingers:

Currently, that person can't. Until they finished their investigation......
Even those that are already working...will be questioned or sacked.......

Okay thanks

1 Like

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:51am On Jan 04
ehikwe22:

Even after the facts have been established, you're still lying.

The established facts is, Tinubu used faked SSCE and committed identity theft to gain admission into CSU. He attended the school for two years but when he was about to graduate, he eloped from the school and refused to take his English course which is a mandatory course. Without English, Tinubu didn't graduate from the university - that's especially why he had to forge their certificate.

Of course we all know why CSU stood and fought for him - he bought them. And we all know that case didn't become a subject of federal investigation which could have unraveled these facts for the Nigerian courts - because it's not in the interest of the US government. The American court did what they were asked to do, the representatives of the school lied on oath obviously

Ha!!! You had all these evidence and you never gave them out to Atiku or David Hundeyin? That wasn't fair at all.
Atiku would have been celebrating now because your evidence here are more authentic than that of Atiku and David put together!!! Next time!
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by ehikwe22: 9:54am On Jan 04
NEIGHBOUR:

Ha!!! You had all these evidence and you never gave them out to Atiku or David Hundeyin? That wasn't fair at all.
Atiku would have been celebrating now because your evidence here are more authentic than that of Atiku and David put together!!! Next time!

David, Hundeyin and every sensible human being that followed the case already have these facts but the court wouldn't admit any evidence. SO what's your point?
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by Fuckingmallam45(m): 10:08am On Jan 04
Elibaba1:

I am a product of the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria-Nigeria. However, that does not stop me from speaking the truth (That Makerere is better than all the Universities in this country). It is you who lack comprehension because the article said universities from Uganda and not ‘some private universities from Uganda’ like Cavendish Uni where GEJ is their pro chancellor. Until the article states otherwise, it will be assumed by all that for now all undergraduate programs from Uni’s in the affected countries will be halted accreditation and evaluation.

JOKES ON YOU!
Except University of Ibadan, for the past 4 years now, UI has been ranking above Makerere. And sometimes it's at per with Covenant University. And apart from the Makerere Uni, no Uni in Uganda can be compared to the top 20 Universities in Nigeria again.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:56am On Jan 04
KENYA?WHAT ARE YOU SMOKG.
KENYAN DEGREES ARE WELL ACCEPTED IN UK,UNITED STATES AND EUREOPE,WHILE NAIJA DEGREE NO FIT NEAR THERE. grin
Re: FG To Withdraw Recognition Of Kenya, Uganda, Niger Varsities by danzaki63: 11:17am On Jan 04
All those who had secured employment with such dubious certificates should br arrested, employment terminated all salaries and allowances paid refunded The reason is that they are the ones who don,t have the patience to spend four years in Nigerian Universities, they can pay to get certificates and pay to buy jobs, it is ridiculous. As far as i am concerned no certificate from cotonou is genuine, some of them opperates from a 3 bedroom flat, i have been there and i know. i just dont know why the government is just waking up to its responsibilities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday / Anambra To Host Bossladylaw Business Challenge For Secondary Schools / Why Students Fail Maths In WAEC, NECO - Prof. Onah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.