Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? (14905 Views)

Mummy Calm Down: Oreofeoluwa Becomes Estate Ambassador In Abuja (PHOTOS) / Boy Becomes 'Calm Down' Ambassador After "Mummy Calm Down" Viral Video / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Mayeldah(m): 1:31pm On Jan 05
It shows you are a good person, giving out fruits of the holy spirit vibes

Don't let that bother you, the advantages of being tagged with that name out weighs the disadvantages

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:31pm On Jan 05
no, I dont see gentle people and kind people as pastors, they are just like that.

People have different dispositions, we are not all the same and thats the beauty of it all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by cbrezy(m): 1:31pm On Jan 05
Sonnobax15

I'm also referred to as pastor because I'm an introvert.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Mosba: 1:31pm On Jan 05
Or Alfa
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Eraddray(m): 1:32pm On Jan 05
It's a Christ-like nature
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by easiest(m): 1:33pm On Jan 05
Dem dey mad ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by sanya4good(m): 1:33pm On Jan 05
If you don't drink or womanize people you will tend to call you Pastor.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Enemyofpeace: 1:34pm On Jan 05
Seun would have been a very good pastor. Unfortunately he is an artist, he doesn't believe that God exists.
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by daneni1(m): 1:34pm On Jan 05
Theworldisvanity:
Pastors are often gentle people and dress decently. Anybody who fall into this category will have to answer 'pastor' by choice or by force

I dey tell you. I am in this shoe already.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Enemyofpeace: 1:35pm On Jan 05
cbrezy:
Sonnobax15

I'm also referred to as pastor because I'm an introvert.
people like you no dey get prick

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by MightySparrow: 1:35pm On Jan 05
Any child of God has to dress neatly and responsibiy. More is expected of pastors and priests. They represent and show what morality should be. An example to all.

If you are addressed as one, keep it up. Even the weirdest of girls seek to marry responsible guys. You appearance may not be far from your real self.

The way you dress is the way you would be addressed.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Enemyofpeace: 1:35pm On Jan 05
daneni1:

I dey tell you. I am in this shoe already.
yinmu
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by omoredia: 1:36pm On Jan 05
Just as people see Alfas as ritualists and Imams as terrorists!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by AbujaLagos: 1:37pm On Jan 05
You no like the title?
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by daneni1(m): 1:38pm On Jan 05
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Obedinho130: 1:39pm On Jan 05
I have the same experience

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by daneni1(m): 1:39pm On Jan 05
Enemyofpeace:
yinmu

No wonder you be certified trouble maker cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by tuzle(m): 1:41pm On Jan 05
blackpanthar:

Vawulence IS THE NEW NORMAL.

SEXUAL PERVERSION is the new VIBE

LOUSINESS is the new EXPRESSION

If you LACK these three, THEN EVERYONE ASSUMES YOU ARE NOT NORMAL, You must have had an encounter with DIVINITY so they call you PASTOR.

"Pastor" is the TITLE given to SOFT SPOKEN, EASY GOING POOR/AVERAGE INCOME MEN who look like SIMPLETONS, who are no threat and seem like they will TURN THE OTHER CHEEK or leave things for GOD. It is not a good title because it will bring you ridicule, shame and mockery, it will make everyone JUDGE YOUR ACTIONS AND WORDS BUT EXTREMELY RELIGIOUS STANDARDS. It is a cage.

ON THE FLIP SIDE.....

someone in your neighbourhood may be a wiitch, wizard or an ESOTERIC trans-dimensional being and sees YOUR PURITY AND BLAMELESSNESS and tags you as a PASTOR.

either way, YOU ARE NOT SAFE. Chronically Change that notion consistently or quietly relocate.
u re right about that sexual whatever. Last year I was having a discussion with 2 guys and a girl and I was like the odd one among them. When I told them I don't indulge in relationship for sex, if u see how they were looking at me like I wasn't from this earth.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by MrBroke(m): 1:47pm On Jan 05
Its how a lot of ignorant brains are wired
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:48pm On Jan 05
Because calmness is one of the cardinal virtues of a genuine Pastor. e.g Pastor Adeboye, Rev.Sam Adeyemi, name them. They depict what Jesus CHRIST did, by calming the turbulent storm on the waters that tried to capsize the boat He rode with His disciples.
CALMNESS IS A VIRTUE FOR ALL NORMAL HUMANS sad
YOU NEED TO BE CALM IN A CHAOTIC WORLD. smiley
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Kingdavid579(m): 1:49pm On Jan 05
You're not alone in this, everyone in my neighborhood seems to label me as a pastor, although they are unaware of the reality.

Frankly, I'm not fond of being called a pastor.

These ladies in the area give me curious looks and act friendly, presuming I hold a pastoral role.

If only they were aware of my activities beyond our neighborhood, they wouldn't be addressing me as Pastor. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by israelmao(m): 1:50pm On Jan 05
It's all calm people that are godly character is like smoke it must finds its way out.
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Elemosho478: 1:51pm On Jan 05
Animegirl:
I fear calm guys more than anything in life especially the ones looking like pastors better you know a yahoo boy through the way he dresses than someone looking like pastors, they're always sex starveangry.

Don't quote

You are like every typical girls, attracted to guys that look like bad boys.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Smithwilliams826: 1:53pm On Jan 05
I wonder oh but you need to fear us sha. We are d...
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Whalis: 1:53pm On Jan 05
This is one problem I have oooo. Anywhere I go to they give me religious post. I fear God but don't want to be at the leading edge.
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by CutSoap(m): 1:54pm On Jan 05
blackpanthar:

Vawulence IS THE NEW NORMAL.

SEXUAL PERVERSION is the new VIBE

LOUSINESS is the new EXPRESSION

If you LACK these three, THEN EVERYONE ASSUMES YOU ARE NOT NORMAL, You must have had an encounter with DIVINITY so they call you PASTOR.

"Pastor" is the TITLE given to SOFT SPOKEN, EASY GOING POOR/AVERAGE INCOME MEN who look like SIMPLETONS, who are no threat and seem like they will TURN THE OTHER CHEEK or leave things for GOD. It is not a good title because it will bring you ridicule, shame and mockery, it will make everyone JUDGE YOUR ACTIONS AND WORDS BUT EXTREMELY RELIGIOUS STANDARDS. It is a cage.

ON THE FLIP SIDE.....

someone in your neighbourhood may be a wiitch, wizard or an ESOTERIC trans-dimensional being and sees YOUR PURITY AND BLAMELESSNESS and tags you as a PASTOR.

either way, YOU ARE NOT SAFE. Chronically Change that notion consistently or quietly relocate.

Lies from the pit of hell
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by anthropizzy(m): 1:54pm On Jan 05
Animegirl:
I fear calm guys more than anything in life especially the ones looking like pastors better you know a yahoo boy through the way he dresses than someone looking like pastors, they're always sex starveangry.

Don't quote

You are a crazy person(jokingly) grin but what you said is true sha.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Dnet9dnet: 1:54pm On Jan 05
I wonder oh
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by gigabyte13: 1:55pm On Jan 05
Na calm people get werey pass
Dem just get self control
If dey release their anger on you...
You fit get heart attack from such experience.
I belong to that category...
We no too like talk
Our calmness is not cowardice

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by CutSoap(m): 1:55pm On Jan 05
"You are addressed by the way you dress"
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Animegirl(f): 1:55pm On Jan 05
Elemosho478:

You are like every typical girls, attracted to guys that look like bad boys.

I'm not at all. I was taught by life experience never judge a book by its cover.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bride Price; What Purpose? Who Benefits? / What Can A Woman Do If Her Husband Keeps Threatening Her With Death? / Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.