Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? (14904 Views)

Mummy Calm Down: Oreofeoluwa Becomes Estate Ambassador In Abuja (PHOTOS) / Boy Becomes 'Calm Down' Ambassador After "Mummy Calm Down" Viral Video / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by FireUpNow(m): 1:57pm On Jan 05
Live your life the way that suits you
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by UptownVibes(m): 2:01pm On Jan 05
omoredia:
Pastors are usually mumu. Its not calmness it is dullness and Jesus no send them that one
Obhio how are they mumu? Them wise no be small .. Na the members be mumu

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Kevineleven(m): 2:03pm On Jan 05
I am calm, gentle and introverted but nobody refer to me as pastor, in fact they fear me.
I play rap music loud inside my house.
I do press up, so one look at me you will know that I am fit.
I wear black most time.
Security men watch my gate every night to see whether I will sneak out at night, which is to my own advantage since I'm not a thief, I got free special security service.
I have no record of violence, in fact people were shocked when I walked away from a trouble maker that was ready for a fight.
So if they call you pastor, it is because you behave like one.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by petertamtam6(m): 2:04pm On Jan 05
Yes even me too..... They call me pastor cos of my lifestyle
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by sylve11: 2:04pm On Jan 05
Theworldisvanity:
Pastors are often gentle people and dress decently. Anybody who fall into this category will have to answer 'pastor' by choice or by force

grin grin cool
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by mrfizy(m): 2:07pm On Jan 05
If you look calm like a pastor,no problem.You should be able to unleash evil on anybody that deserves it whenever necessary.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by obinna58(m): 2:08pm On Jan 05
Animegirl:
I fear calm guys more than anything in life especially the ones looking like pastors better you know a yahoo boy through the way he dresses than someone looking like pastors, they're always sex starveangry.

Don't quote
This is how they keep motivating themselves at their olosho stage, animegirl say no to fornication

Who is not sex starved? Abi the ones able to control themselves are seen as sex starved
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by johnog4sure: 2:13pm On Jan 05
My own is even worse! all the places I worked they keep calling me pastor, me wey hate RELIGION, I got a new job last October, my boss who is a Muslim also refer to me as pastor/gentle man, the one that surprise me the most was when my 2 new colleagues asked same time if I was a pastor, the one wey dey vex me, na people wey no me tey tey still referring to me as pastor/gentle man. My wife used to warn me to be careful with people because I look soft and naive. My mechanics was referring to me one day he said "Oga no get wahala" my neigbhour came to pack my used woods from site and say "hm no get wahala".

These may be correct about me:
1. I am gentle, my father was, I prefer indoors...if Im not working I am playing with my daughter or sleeping.
2. I no dey keep friends, if business/work no join us dey ur dey.
3. I study the bible A LOT( may be is displaying in my looks and attitude).
4. Looks: low cut, shaved bears, dress cooperate, native always decent.
5. Truly I no like wahala. But if u push I no dey shout but I go send u to oblivion(only my wife and siblings know this)

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by johnog4sure: 2:16pm On Jan 05
Kevineleven:
I am calm, gentle and introverted but nobody refer to me as pastor, in fact they fear me.
I play rap music loud inside my house.
I do press up, so one look at me you will know that I am fit.
I wear black most time.
Security men watch my gate every night to see whether I will sneak out at night, which is to my own advantage since I'm not a thief, I got free special security service.
I have no record of violence, in fact people were shocked when I walked away from a trouble maker that was ready for a fight.
So if they call you pastor, it is because you behave like one.
Right, hehehe I like that free security part

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by judedwriter(m): 2:19pm On Jan 05
Pastors are people (supposedly) who spend much time in God's presence....

You can't be in God's presence often and not be calm. So calm people are acquainted with pastors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Tatinus: 2:20pm On Jan 05
Yes nah play along buh if anybody Bleep Up Show dem sey u no be pastor
Thobby02lawbar:
By their fruits you shall know them.. grin... Just play along no gree for anybody o undecided
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by johnog4sure: 2:21pm On Jan 05
Animegirl:
I fear calm guys more than anything in life especially the ones looking like pastors better you know a yahoo boy through the way he dresses than someone looking like pastors, they're always sex starveangry.

Don't quote
Na lie, this is only correct if they are not handsome, and no sabi handle woman, me wey go dey my office jejely pussy go com meet me, sometimes dey even clash, even knowing my marital status...I dont even consider myself stunning but women find me attractive

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Kevineleven(m): 2:25pm On Jan 05
grin by
johnog4sure:
Right, hehehe I like that free security part
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by vacanci: 2:29pm On Jan 05
because they have not met Odumeje
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by wiseoneking: 2:29pm On Jan 05
Sonnobax15:
cheesy

Good evening my fellow Nairalanders and compliments of the season....

So I recently moved into a new neighborhood last December,and I must really confess that this environment is so so cool,like everyone's living peacefully and amicably with one another..... Personally, I'm the calm kind of a guy.....An introvert,to the extent that if I'm not on the road via hustling,then I must be definitely be indoors, doing my stuffs online....

Now,the problem here is that my new neighbors have been secretly referring to me as a pastor due to my kind of lifestyle cheesy. What really baffled me was yesterday when a man whom I usually take to the park every Wednesday morning asked me if I've any affiliation with any Church........I said NO but I was really curious to know what was the reason behind that question...It was then he told me that it was my neighbor who's living in the flat close to my apartment was the one who told him I'm a pastor.

So,I just want to know,if anyone has ever had a similar experience in the past......That the moment people notice you're a calm and gentle person,they immediately tag you as a pastor or a religious personnel? Even without asking you first? cheesy
You may have a calling. Pray hard and seek the face of God. Your calling may not always be full time so you don’t need to panic for any reason. You can be fully doing your stuff and still serving the Lord. But first thing first, BE BORN AGAIN by making or totally yielding your life to Christ. Been born again is not been religious but your desire to identify with, relate to, and love Jesus with all your life by been obedient to His will. I wish you the best .
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by BennyDGreat: 2:30pm On Jan 05
omoredia:
Pastors are usually mumu. Its not calmness it is dullness and Jesus no send them that one

Ahh which kind pastors have you been relating with?

If I carry you enter some churches u will change your statement.

Churches wey Ivy League folks dey ground as pastors...all kind of business schools...all kinds of businesses...some millionaires in dollars... heavyweight folks
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Kendo93: 2:32pm On Jan 05
Happy New Year cheesy
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by airsaylongcome: 2:38pm On Jan 05
o123456789:
For me I don't see calm and gentle persons as pastorbecause there are so many reasons for calmness and gentility.
1. Some are calm and gentle because of life lessons, these were forced to be calm because of situations.
2. Others use calmness and gentility as a strategy to hide their real characters.
3. Some are calm because of their social status, these set of people have managers that help them to behave calmly and gentle.
Calmness and gentility is not a criteria for me to rate you as a pastor...Not all that glitters are gold!!!

Gentility does not mean gentleness

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by ambale(m): 2:42pm On Jan 05
This is one of the major reasons Nigerians get scammed a lot, we love to generalize

How does being gentle equate to being a pastor? But that's what it is in Nigeria

We have to answer a call wey we know about just because you love to live decently

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by riczy(m): 2:47pm On Jan 05
omoredia:
calm down brother!
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Trophy12: 2:51pm On Jan 05
Sonnobax15:
cheesy

So I recently moved into a new neighborhood last December,and I must really confess that this environment is so so cool,like everyone's living peacefully and amicably with one another..... Personally, I'm the calm kind of a guy.....An introvert,to the extent that if I'm not on the road via hustling,then I must be definitely be indoors, doing my stuffs online....

Now,the problem here is that my new neighbors have been secretly referring to me as a pastor due to my kind of lifestyle cheesy. What really baffled me was yesterday when a man whom I usually take to the park every Wednesday morning asked me if I've any affiliation with any Church........I said NO but I was really curious to know what was the reason behind that question...It was then he told me that it was my neighbor who's living in the flat close to my apartment was the one who told him I'm a pastor.

So,I just want to know,if anyone has ever had a similar experience in the past......That the moment people notice you're a calm and gentle person,they immediately tag you as a pastor or a religious personnel? Even without asking you first? cheesy
na for estate you day stay Abi abroad?
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Emu4life(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05
ShenTeh:
This is good PR for Christianity.

It shows that people agree that 'calmness' is a fruit of deep Christian faith.

Who wouldn't agree!

A calm person is also called an Ustaz/Sheikh in the Northern part and Middle Belts. They are called Alfas in the South West
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Grinch41: 2:55pm On Jan 05
blackpanthar:

Vawulence IS THE NEW NORMAL.

SEXUAL PERVERSION is the new VIBE

LOUSINESS is the new EXPRESSION

If you LACK these three, THEN EVERYONE ASSUMES YOU ARE NOT NORMAL, You must have had an encounter with DIVINITY so they call you PASTOR.

"Pastor" is the TITLE given to SOFT SPOKEN, EASY GOING POOR/AVERAGE INCOME MEN who look like SIMPLETONS, who are no threat and seem like they will TURN THE OTHER CHEEK or leave things for GOD. It is not a good title because it will bring you ridicule, shame and mockery, it will make everyone JUDGE YOUR ACTIONS AND WORDS BUT EXTREMELY RELIGIOUS STANDARDS. It is a cage.

ON THE FLIP SIDE.....

someone in your neighbourhood may be a wiitch, wizard or an ESOTERIC trans-dimensional being and sees YOUR PURITY AND BLAMELESSNESS and tags you as a PASTOR.

either way, YOU ARE NOT SAFE. Chronically Change that notion consistently or quietly relocate.
No he doesn’t have to change.There is nothing wrong with him,the problem is with his neighbours and Nigerians in general.

In Nigeria,the abnormal is normal and the normal is abnormal.

I’ll say OP,keep being who you are and don’t change.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Focusmind: 2:55pm On Jan 05
grin grin grin

Around 2009, I wanted to come down from a danfo bus on my way home from work, with my suit and laptop bag, the conductor told the driver to slow down that "pastor" wanted to come down. grin Even me, I was laughing as he said it. Everyone in the bus turned to see who the " pastor " was. Then, I was working in with an investment bank in island. Now, within my neighbourhood, some see me as a G-boy since I work from home and don't usually go out in the morning, except to go and do something for a client.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by BigDawsNet: 2:55pm On Jan 05
Sonnobax15:
cheesy

My Undergraduate years... 100l I guess.. I was calm and obvious introvert.. some random people started calling me pastor... but before it becomes a really nick name... I called them one by one not to call me that again as I wasn't ordained or went to any bible school..

And thankfully they begin to call me by my name.. and that was it...

Is good to be called pastor tho... atleast dey dint call u rapist or cultist... just that pastor is a special calling and I believe its wrong to call someone that when he or she hasn't be ordained
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Skoolextra: 3:00pm On Jan 05
Coolsat:
Maybe you are ugly 😂
Bad mouth
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by gbaskiboy: 3:01pm On Jan 05
Sonnobax15:
cheesy

You are not alone bro, because of my gentleness outlook people called me pastor I have to start explaining to them that am not a pastor. It sucks bro!
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Pepperoyinbo: 3:04pm On Jan 05
Sonnobax15:
cheesy

Some people see the true you spiritually. Once you appear before them, they will either see you praying for someone or they see a Bible in your hand.

Some see it in your behaviours and dressing.

Some hear it loud and clear once they see you.

Some people are not Pastors but God opened their spiritual eyes more than some Pastors

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by gud4vvvvv: 3:05pm On Jan 05
Sonnobax15:
cheesy

you should be glad you are behaving like a pastor. It means your behavior is commendable. That's what one woman called me the day I rebuked her to stop gossiping
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by dododawa1: 3:05pm On Jan 05
If TATTOO dey your body

Automatic

YAHOO BOY

CULT BOY

and

Once PRISONER

NIGERIANS thinking.
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by MindHacker9009(m): 3:05pm On Jan 05
blackpanthar:

Vawulence IS THE NEW NORMAL.

SEXUAL PERVERSION is the new VIBE

LOUSINESS is the new EXPRESSION

If you LACK these three, THEN EVERYONE ASSUMES YOU ARE NOT NORMAL, You must have had an encounter with DIVINITY so they call you PASTOR.

"Pastor" is the TITLE given to SOFT SPOKEN, EASY GOING POOR/AVERAGE INCOME MEN who look like SIMPLETONS, who are no threat and seem like they will TURN THE OTHER CHEEK or leave things for GOD. It is not a good title because it will bring you ridicule, shame and mockery, it will make everyone JUDGE YOUR ACTIONS AND WORDS BUT EXTREMELY RELIGIOUS STANDARDS. It is a cage.

ON THE FLIP SIDE.....

someone in your neighbourhood may be a wiitch, wizard or an ESOTERIC trans-dimensional being and sees YOUR PURITY AND BLAMELESSNESS and tags you as a PASTOR.

either way, YOU ARE NOT SAFE. Chronically Change that notion consistently or quietly relocate.

You are 100% correct.

This can happen when someone is gentle and is naive to talk about the invented Jesus christ to those living close. People that are calling you pastor are very demonic they talk about Jesus christ though they know Jesus christ is fake, but they do so to know those who are gentle and naive to do the same so that they can torment them like they are doing to you.

At @Sonnobax15 if you do then stop talking about Jesus christ. Try and relocate if you can and don't let them know your new location. At your new location if anyone ask you about your religion tell them you believe in God but you don't have any religion.
Re: Why Do People See Calm and gentle People As Pastors? by Pepperoyinbo: 3:08pm On Jan 05
omoredia:

The great Philosopher has spoken.
Well done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Can A Woman Do If Her Husband Keeps Threatening Her With Death? / Why Do Kids Become Bitter Towards Separated Parents? / Your Most Hated Household Chore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.