Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy (11814 Views)

Is It True The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Was Sex? (Photo) / First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by samuel1981(m): 9:37am On Jan 14
The same religious leaders are in cohort with the political leaders to keep this country down, my happiness is that, God really knows his own. Not.all these scammers on the pulpit..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by OGwales(m): 9:38am On Jan 14
No Christian in the Bible practiced such nonsense and wickedness... If I lie prove me wrong. MENTION JUST ONE CHRISTIAN IN THE BIBLE WHO PRACTICED SUCH, NOT TWO, JUST MENTION ONE.

OYA I DEY WAIT πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Honestey: 9:38am On Jan 14
Rhetorical question

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by FireUpNow(m): 9:40am On Jan 14
Yes

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Seunpapa65: 9:40am On Jan 14
Some people ehnn the will to the extent of starving just to please there daddy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Lexusgs430: 9:41am On Jan 14
Nah who go suffer..... 😁🀣

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:44am On Jan 14
First fruit sounds like a Jewish custom. Gentile Christians were not burdened by any of the practices of Jews. No where are Christians asked to give first fruits or even tithe.

However, if you feel like tithing or giving first fruit very well go ahead. However all Christians should give cheerfully to things that sincerely advance the kingdom.

Christians are free to feast and free to fast, free to tithe and free not to, free to give first fruits and free not to. Never again should disciples of Christ bind themselves by any custom.

What Christians are However instructed to do is love their neighbour as themselves, flee sexual immorality, have respect for everyone, submit to authority, avoid pride, lies and boastfullness, lead a modest life and avoid food sacrificed to idols.

Christianity is ethical and not ritual based. You are no good giving all your money to God or to the poor, but being disrespectful or spiteful to your neighbour or disloyal to your spouse or a thorne in the flesh of your boss at work. True Christianity leads to a change of heart, and the way we live.

The cattle on a thousand hills belong to God, if He were hungry he'll slaughter some and have a feast. The most high God is definitely not out for our money.

PonziHater

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by MOGPman(m): 9:44am On Jan 14
guobe:
It is the start of a new year and most Christians do practice the act of fresh fruits whereby your first salary in the year or fresh profit of business, first money of your new marriage etc is given to the church.
In this harsh agbado economy in Nigeria,is it possible to practice the act of giving first fruits.

Why not? You can even lead the way for us by starting with your own

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Basalt(m): 9:45am On Jan 14
LilMissFavvy:
Pay your tithe and forget "first fruit". First fruit is not compulsory.

Lol, as you believe in giving 10% of your monthly hard earned money to your pastor who is by far richer and well connected than you, another brainwashed individual also believe in giving their entire January salary to their pastors in other to have a successful year. So there is no difference here.
Both of you are still in the same manipulated and brainwashed boat.

All these are the product of religious manipulation and brainwashing which will probably be removed when one travels and lives in a developed society and see how things work.

The gullibility of Nigerians have made politics and religion the two most legal ways of making money in the country

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Lasgidi90(m): 9:46am On Jan 14
See question o!

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by YourNextLevel(m): 9:47am On Jan 14
Wake up ! First fruit is Jesus Christ

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Deogratiasfx: 9:48am On Jan 14
LilMissFavvy:
Pay your tithe and forget "first fruit". First fruit is not compulsory.

That is how some understand their own Bible o. Which one is giving ur January Salary again ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by cocolacec(m): 9:49am On Jan 14
First fruit should be given to your Father or Mother.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by pannyman(m): 9:50am On Jan 14
Do churches still collect the first fruits? Seriously?

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by epainos: 9:54am On Jan 14
guobe:
It is the start of a new year and most Christians do practice the act of fresh fruits whereby your first salary in the year or fresh profit of business, first money of your new marriage etc is given to the church.
In this harsh agbado economy in Nigeria, is it possible to practice the act of giving first fruits?
First fruit, tithes, and every other way of giving to God are good; however, you must understand what you are doing.

Number 1: The concept of sowing on a good soil.
Ask yourself...are you sowing in good soil? For me, there is no Nigerian church that is qualified as a good soil. Most of these pastors are rogues. If they are truly good soil, people should prosper. But look at your topic.

For example. Binta Edu testified in December that Oyedepo prayed for her to become a minister. And Oyedepo also claimed the glory. Lol. What happened next...the following month, the lady was suspended for fraud. Lols. The matter is still hot. See.. I will keep saying it...go and check most of those giving testimonies in most churches...they are mostly into frauds, bribes, and many bad things. So, I don't get how Oyedepo's teaching does not make an impact in Binta Edu and many others. That Oyedepo won't even check himself that what went wrong. How can someone come to testify and then that sh.it happened? Nope. He will mount the pulpit and preach prosperity the following Sunday. grin Another thief will come on board and testify. Lol.

Number 2: The ones you had given, have you seen the harvest? In farming, when you sow seeds, you must have harvests. And from that harvests, you take from it again and sow. But oga, did you get that job based on the law of sowing and reaping? Have you seen progress in your finances since you started giving?

These two reasons are why I do not pay sh.t to any Nigerian church again. Rather, I moved to the principle of helping the helpless (widows, widowers, old people, and orphans). For now, I know that there is no good soil for pastors and churches, but I pursue the other option. I look for food soils. I evaluate the people I help and I see the impact.

I met an old retiree from the Nigerian Railway Corporation like 10 years ago. The man is already 83 years old now. And I support the man, but I don't see the dividends. The old man isn't using it for himself, rather, parasites around him are using it. I bought him a new phone some months back because his old phone was faulty and he couldn't reach me directly. He was using a neighbour's phone. But then, after buying him the phone...same story. One useless neighbour collected the phone from him. I went there last week..and I told him that I was going to cut him off if he didn't sit tight and use what I give him for himself. I have phoned him this morning, and he picked up. We laughed and I sent him an Uber to take him to his church. Shikena. I will stop here.

And God blesses me more than when I pay to pastorpreneurs. So, evaluate yourself, sir. Do not let one businessman in the collar pressure you to give him your full month's salary. I don't give tithes again in Nigeria, not to talk of giving out first fruits.

But I don't rule out resuming paying tithes and first fruits if I find a good soil among our modern levites grin. Cos na that verse dem dey quote say Levites must eat. If I see a Levite who is responsible and I am convinced he is a good soil, why not? The church I attended while I was based in Europe was 10 years is a good soil. I paid tithes regularly. I felt na so e go be for Naija...but no blessing ooo. Na so I re-evaluated it and I realised that paying to these Nigerian churches is like using baskets to pack blessings. They are devourers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Dtruthspeaker: 9:54am On Jan 14
jmoore:
First fruits na scam.
Are you praticising Judaism or Christianity?

Why are you not sacrificing animals to God?

When you don't know your bible, the pulpit robbers will rob you.

Judaism is not God Followership but Judah Followership.

Moses laid down God Followership. Christ is also God Followership, so the are one and the same.

So stop being covetous and envious of the riches of sinners and since you are already sinning yourself then you can open your own church and collect tithes like them.
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by seguno2: 9:55am On Jan 14
guobe:
In this harsh agbado economy in Nigeria,is it possible to practice the act of giving first fruits.

What harsh economy?
Why are you people hating on the president, his party and our country? There is no hardship, and if you are still in denial you should talk to the NOA people for appropriate indoctrination.

How will the Nigeria promise change the lifestyle and hardship Nigerians are currently going through?

That is an entirely different thing. The first promise is hope and when you have hope, you know that progress is being made to attract others. Anybody who is talking about hardship now is not being realistic.

https://sunnewsonline.com/why-tinubu-has-not-started-probing-buhari-onilu-noa-dg/?amp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Dtruthspeaker: 10:06am On Jan 14
chiedu7:
The first fruit law was part of the law of righteousness.

When Jesus died our righteousness is no more what we do, but given to us by faith..

Why didnt you say righteousness died also, therefore people can live in unrighteosness, since Law and many things died with Christ?

Awon Law breakers wishing away The Law because they are afraid of it because they are guilty.
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by rajiedreez: 10:07am On Jan 14
Is this present interpretation the actual doctrine?
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by stasius: 10:08am On Jan 14
Yes.
I already know where mine is going to.

To my spiritual director.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by lomprico(m): 10:12am On Jan 14
guobe:

Did Jesus tell you to give him your January salary every year?

Una go dey practice nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Timmi: 10:12am On Jan 14
guobe:

Definitely Yes.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Johnjustice: 10:15am On Jan 14
Sheepie if you like carry your small change give pastor, your first seed go feed your pastor dog for a month at least grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by FatherLord: 10:17am On Jan 14
Yes .

Have you noticed that the lives of those who don’t give their tithes, offerings and first fruits is not better than yours even after keeping their money to themselves?

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by HENRY940: 10:18am On Jan 14
Learn your Christianity from good teachers
Not people that will not teach you, but will just be declaring your greed to you.
Follow teachers like Abel Damina, also check the vinefield church on YouTube

Or else the (natural) desire for material things you have, will continually be used to scam you.

Nuff Said.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by seetomorrow: 10:18am On Jan 14
JASONjnr:
Even second and third fruit them no go see shishi.

I've made lots of giveaway to people. I've paid WAEC fees for 20 students and I bought 5 of 50kg 4ice and shared to widows in a community around mely estate.

I believe in giving to the needy and not to some pastors. Pastors will take from these people and refused to empower them.

How can a church be after what you bring to the church.... Year-in year-out while their members are languishing in abject poverty.

Jasonjnr
I give you kudos to all your good work which is what God preach most in the Bible.
To cap it all, can I benefit a little from your benevolence? You brother don't even have any dime to get kids breakfast.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Ekugbeh(m): 10:18am On Jan 14
As a Christian is possible to be a Christian in this harsh economy 🀑
Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:20am On Jan 14
AchrafHakimi:
Anybody wey wan collect my money now must work for am. Pastor must come wash and iron my shirts before I drop anything.

Shikena.
Naxo na!
grin

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by Niok: 10:22am On Jan 14
For this kind hard time I no dey do
Even God go understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by desiredhome: 10:24am On Jan 14
guobe:

It is expensive maintaining the church not beneficiaries necessarily cashing out.
The Church are the members, ignorance killing Africans.....
Nigeria have no reason to be poor, but high rate of poverty of the mind is the reason Nigeria is the poorest in the world....

3 Likes

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by piehorse: 10:25am On Jan 14
Man must chop.

Where man work na there e deh chop . That is why it is called work(s)chop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy by BBIA: 10:25am On Jan 14
guobe:

It is expensive maintaining the church not beneficiaries necessarily cashing out.
depending on the church.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anti-tithers, How Can I Get The Devourer Rebuked? / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.